The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Bond - Would you be happy for an American to play 007 ??

+22
Alistair
Hoggy_Bear
Galted
Mr Bounce
compelling and rich
ShahenshahG
MIG
President Trump
Ent
westisbest
incontinentia
ONETWOFOREVER
JuliusHMarx
Hero
Stella
Dr Shoe
seanmichaels
Rowley
lfc91
rIck_dAgless
Dolphin Ziggler
TRUSSMAN66
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

James Bond - Would you be happy for an American to play 007 ?? - Page 3 Empty James Bond - Would you be happy for an American to play 007 ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 02 Sep 2015, 11:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

Kind of a proud British institution and rightly so.......The whole world knows James Bond...........

Let's face it that whole Queen thing during 2012 certainly guaranteed SKYFALL was to be a success......She kind of gave it the seal.

Hopkins has played a famous American giant in Nixon and he did a good job.....Got the accent pretty much spot on....and fairplay ..Accents for actors aren't that bigger deal !!

Craig is looking old now and hasn't got long to go.............Should Bond always be British ?? or would you be happy for an American to put on a Brit accent..??

Is Bond sacred ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

James Bond - Would you be happy for an American to play 007 ?? - Page 3 Empty Re: James Bond - Would you be happy for an American to play 007 ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 01 Dec 2016, 2:14 pm

SecretFly wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Tom Hiddleston 1/2 for the role..............

You don't get odds like that unless its pretty much signed and sealed...

Looks like Elba will miss out..

Elba has been kinda doing some shooting of his own foot in recent times when he lamented 'growing old'.

Not a good start for a new Bond.  "OH your hips need replacing already James?  And we haven't even finished the first prologue action scene"

Hiddleston has bought the farm......Oddsmakers must have heard something......1/2.....Now 8/1.....

James Norton ....................3/1
Aidan Turner.......................7/2..
Tom Hardy..........................7/2..

Turner looks a Bond type to me.....Connery-esque..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

James Bond - Would you be happy for an American to play 007 ?? - Page 3 Empty Re: James Bond - Would you be happy for an American to play 007 ??

Post by SecretFly Thu 01 Dec 2016, 2:33 pm

None of them have IT in my eyes.

Maybe a total new guy should have been found.  

Hiddleston - personally I don't get the popularity.  His Loki ( I assume most of his fame comes from this role?) is painfully lightweight and overplayed to theatrical levels of nonsense.  Now the movies themselves are just childish stuff anyway, but within them, his Loki makes me cringe.

Turner tries the brooding but I think he can't wield it and it becomes again, too overdone.  

A new guy might have been the best choice - someone untarnished by other roles.

Please stay in situ for one or two more Daniel.... you is the bestest Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 01 Dec 2016, 2:58 pm

Jimmy Carr, Sean Lock and Jeff Rowley would be excellent Bonds.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Dec 2016, 11:05 pm

Galted would make an excellent Bond... if Bond was a sexually ambiguous satorially challenged special Olympian of seanmichaels proportions

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 02 Dec 2016, 8:12 am

I wouldn't be a bad choice, I can move very stealthily when I don't want to be seen.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 02 Dec 2016, 9:27 am

I agree you'd be an excellent choice Galted, you've got the watch. Galtova as a vaguely exotic eastern European bond girl. You're virtually Bond already.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 02 Dec 2016, 10:40 am

Cheers Jeff. And I've got a cat in case I needed to step in for whoever's playing the villain.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3