The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+11
JuliusHMarx
Dolphin Ziggler
Hero
Adam D
superflyweight
ShahenshahG
Galted
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
Rowley
15 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 19 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Rowley Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:19 am

First topic message reminder :

WADAW.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 19 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Alistair Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:56 am

Adam D wrote:
Alistair wrote:Hitler really was a brainbox wasn't he...

Madagascar Plan wrote:Madagascar Plan - a scheme devised by the Nazis in 1940 to globally alleviate the perceived Jewish problem by shipping them en-masse to the French colony known as the island of Madagascar. Instead of sending the Jews to Palestine, which the Nazis believed belonged to the Christians and Muslims, the idea was to hold them "hostage" so to speak, on Madagascar as a bargaining chip with the Americans. Financing this operation was to be conducted using funds forcibly appropriated from Jewish businesses, homes, and any other available capital assets in Jewish control. Since the plan rested on a peace treaty between France and by proxy, Britain, it was never implemented. This plan is sometimes cited by Nazi scholars of the "functionalist" school as proof that the original intention of the Nazis was not to systematically exterminate the Jews but merely to relocate them off continental Europe.
Is it wrong that this plan actually sounds better than the ones the allies eventually came up with?

Not at all, though i feel that Hitler's men would've struggled against those crafty penguins.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 19 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:59 am

Yup 6 million dead or 6 m displaced. Easy enough choice to make with hindsight

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:05 am

ShahenshahG wrote:Yup 6 million dead or 6 m displaced. Easy enough choice to make with hindsight
You do realise that the Germans werent part of the allies?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:05 am

Adam D wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:Yup 6 million dead or 6 m displaced. Easy enough choice to make with hindsight

I think that's why this place died after his comment.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:19 am

Watched Bastogne last night. I quite fancy the nurse in it.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:35 am

seAnmicHaels wrote:Watched Bastogne last night. I quite fancy the nurse in it.

Doc Roe loved her.

Just realised who Tom Hardy played in it. He's the dude who was getting down and dirty when Nix is looking for VAT69.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:35 am

Watched baseball. Did not fancy any of them.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:42 am

Thai chicken and sweetcorn soup, watched the canteen ladies, not sure of my feelings for them...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:43 am

rick_dagless wrote:Thai chicken and sweetcorn soup, watched the canteen ladies, not sure of my feelings for them...

Well, I'm not too fond of sweetcorn either.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:43 am

No sandwich Rick?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:44 am

Do you share lunch consumption on here?

Is that the culture aspect of this place?

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:45 am

Not today Sean hence my inability to give a grade...

If you wish Alistair, though not sure culture comes into it....

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:48 am

There tends to be a bit of a drop of in posts around 11am, updates on lunch normally picks things back up. Tuesday tends to be the culture day as we share how we did on the previous evenings edition of University Challenge. Not all of us do, Tina tends to forget to watch it and Sean shares with us which of the contestants he would be willing to sleep with and then make comments about Victoria Coren Mitchell's breasts.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:48 am

rick_dagless wrote:Not today Sean hence my inability to give a grade...

If you wish Alistair, though not sure culture comes into it....

Unless you have yoghurt.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:49 am

Adam D wrote:

Ahh I thought you'd made a mistake and meant to say nazis becuase it was unlikely allies would apply a nazi plan. Didn't realise you were talking about years later. Wouldn't have worked as it wasn't the holy land.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:50 am

Monster munch and red bull.

9/10

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:50 am

Rowley wrote:There tends to be a bit of a drop of in posts around 11am, updates on lunch normally picks things back up. Tuesday tends to be the culture day as we share how we did on the previous evenings edition of University Challenge. Not all of us do, Tina tends to forget to watch it and Jules shares with us his high score and also which of the contestants he would be willing to sleep with and then Sean makes comments about Victoria Coren Mitchell's breasts.

Credit where it's due Jeff, please.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:52 am

Fair point Jules, if it makes it any better when I consider putting the CC Eggheads team together you're the first name on the team sheet.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:53 am

Shah, do you ever eat anything healthy?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:55 am

I'm more of a Pointless fan myself.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:57 am

Sometimes I eat mexican 3 bean wraps from the land of the mark and his friend spencer

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:00 pm

Nice cheese twists in M&S.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:05 pm

Jalapeno and sour cream crisps. Best thing that Marks and Spencer does.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:09 pm

Rowley wrote:Fair point Jules, if it makes it any better when I consider putting the CC Eggheads team together you're the first name on the team sheet.

It was the 'who I'd sleep with' that was more important. I usually select a pretty, female undergraduate. If it were Sean doing it, it would basically be any contestant.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:11 pm

Sean would do Paxman after enough ale.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:14 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I usually select a pretty, female undergraduate..

"Five foot ten, strongly built, about a hundred and eighty pounds; hair blonde, eyes pale blue. He'd be about thirty-five now. He said he lived in Philadelphia, but he may have lied. That's all I can remember, mum, but if I think of any more, I will let you know. Oh, and Senator, just one more thing: love your suit!"

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:15 pm

I had seAn down as more of a Buckfast/Special Brew type of person.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:19 pm

Alistair wrote:I had seAn down as more of a Buckfast/Special Brew type of person.

That's Superfly you're thinking of.

He is our resident jock. He pretends he is a lawyer but we play along so as not to hurt his feelings.

He also once played cribbage with Midge Ure. Ask him about it, he'd love to tell you about it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:24 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:He also once played cribbage with Midge Ure.  Ask him about it, he'd love to tell you about it.

You ever been to a library Tino?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:26 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:He also once played cribbage with Midge Ure.  Ask him about it, he'd love to tell you about it.

Hundreds of times, Jules. You?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:27 pm

Have you started the Ronson book yet Tina? If so any thoughts, would hate to think I had recommended a book you did not enjoy.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:28 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Hundreds of times, Jules.  You?

Yes, thanks.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:29 pm

I have not been for a while. I think on some level Tina has spoiled the experience for me.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:30 pm

Rowley wrote:I have not been for a while. I think on some level Tina has spoiled the experience for me.

Level 3 I think it was.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:31 pm

Rowley wrote:Have you started the Ronson book yet Tina? If so any thoughts, would hate to think I had recommended a book you did not enjoy.

Oh yes, I have. I forgot to mention it. Picked it up on Wednesday.

I've only read the first chapter about Omar Bakri Muhammed but it is a promising start. I'll review it properly once I have read it all but signs are good so far.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:32 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Rowley wrote:I have not been for a while. I think on some level Tina has spoiled the experience for me.

Level 3 I think it was.

laughing

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:32 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Level 3 I think it was.

It is not a joking matter Jules, there are an extremely limited number of things that give me pleasure in life. I can ill afford to lose the things that fall into that category.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:32 pm

I think I spoiled her experience as well.

Complete opposite for me. Even though I haven't been back to that particular library for many years, I still get a feeling of immense pride when I visit my local one.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:32 pm

Rowley wrote:Have you started the Ronson book yet Tina? If so any thoughts, would hate to think I had recommended a book you did not enjoy.

Oh yes, I have.  I forgot to mention it.  Picked it up on Wednesday.

I've only read the first chapter about Omar Bakri Muhammed but it is a promising start.  I'll review it properly once I have read it all but signs are good so far.

We call him Shah, it is much quicker.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:33 pm

Rowley wrote:

I've only read the first chapter about Omar Bakri Muhammed but it is a promising start.  I'll review it properly once I have read it all but signs are good so far.

l*l.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:33 pm

It's not usual for you to take such obvious ones Julius

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:34 pm

Rowley wrote:

And cheaper?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:56 pm

We could gift Alistair the thread split, being a newbie...

Anyone got a quiz?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:57 pm

Anyone got a quiz?
Rowley has gone for a whizz

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:59 pm

Sausage, egg and cheese bagel with hash brown from McDonald's. McDonald's breakfast menu is an absolute winner. 10/10 Frak the haterz

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:09 pm

Today's quiz knows that second place is nowhere, and can't be bothered to do 10 questions.

1 Who were the first band to go to number one with their first three singles?

2 Who was the first president married in the White House?

3 What first did Charles Cooper achieve (clue, sports)?

4 Who was the first black actor to win an award in a major category?

5 What was the first Spice Girls single not to go to number one?

6 Who was the first player to hit 50 home runs in a season?

7 Which film was the first “talkie”?

8 Who was the first woman to be awarded Sports Illustrated Sportsperson of the year (clue, 1972)

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:09 pm

Never had it but dies sound good

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:10 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Sausage, egg and cheese bagel with hash brown from McDonald's. McDonald's breakfast menu is an absolute winner. 10/10 Frak the haterz

Glad to see the Kookabura has arrived DZ. The ball and McDonalds. If Carlsberg did Fridays and all that.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:15 pm

1 Who were the first band to go to number one with their first three singles? Westlife

4 Who was the first black actor to win an award in a major category? Mr Sydney Poitier

5 What was the first Spice Girls single not to go to number one? be a little bit wiser baby, put it on, put it on.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:17 pm

seAnmicHaels wrote:1 Who were the first band to go to number one with their first three singles? Westlife

4 Who was the first black actor to win an award in a major category? Mr Sydney Poitier

5 What was the first Spice Girls single not to go to number one? be a little bit wiser baby, put it on, put it on.

4 is correct, the other two are not.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next