The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who would you replace Nick Halling with?

+10
ONETWOFOREVER
RanjitPatel
Rodney
Rowley
catchweight
captain carrantuohil
AdamT
TRUSSMAN66
Strongback
wheelchair1991
14 posters

Go down

Who would you replace Nick Halling with? Empty Who would you replace Nick Halling with?

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed 1 Jul 2015 - 18:25

He gets a lot of stick from almost everyone on here, myself included. So if you had the choice who would you like to take his place?

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Who would you replace Nick Halling with? Empty Re: Who would you replace Nick Halling with?

Post by Strongback Wed 1 Jul 2015 - 18:28

Ian Darke

Fight commentary would be about barnstorming and the like again.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Who would you replace Nick Halling with? Empty Re: Who would you replace Nick Halling with?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 1 Jul 2015 - 18:59

Give Robinson a go.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 1 Jul 2015 - 19:37

Carl Froch

He could talk about Wembley and perhaps offer his co-commentators out to the cobbles, if they disagree with him.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Wed 1 Jul 2015 - 20:27

A cardboard box. You would scarcely notice the different in content, knowledge or personality and the box would cost less.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 1 Jul 2015 - 20:30

Jerry "the King" Lawlor

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 1 Jul 2015 - 21:46

Anyone.

But Ian darke would be first choice.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 1 Jul 2015 - 21:56

Who is the guy with the long head JBW is obsessed with? For whatever reason don't think Darke is an option, if this is the case give Robinson a run, as Truss as suggested. Put Watt out to grass as well. Does not annoy me as much as he does others on here, but just think if you're going to make a change makes sense to get shut of both for a breath of fresh air.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 1 Jul 2015 - 21:59

Ronald McDonald err mackintosh

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 1 Jul 2015 - 22:00

If only to see how happy JBW would be he gets my vote.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 1 Jul 2015 - 22:12

The threads where jbw talks to himself about the beautiful dome might start to grate after a while rowley. I'm happy for skeletor to stick to amateur boxing.

Though I repeat, anyone, anyone at all would be better than halling. Even rawling, and given the disdain I hold for him, I don't say it lightly.

Who's the dry, largely disinterested guy from Eurosport whose name I can never remember... He'd be a great antidote to the sky hyperbole... Which is why they'd never use him. Holdsworth?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 1 Jul 2015 - 22:26

Roger Mayweather with subtitles

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu 2 Jul 2015 - 9:50

Al Bernstein for me not sure who I'd have as his number 2 most commentary annoys the life out of me - cant stand listening to McCrory, Smith, Nelson and that little gobsh!te Paulie Mallanaggi.

Steve Holdsworth was legendary Milky, he spoke about looking after his neighbours cat whilst the fighters were going hell for leather. Always loved his line "This fight is that poor, Ive just seen Christopher Reeve stand up and walk out"

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 2 Jul 2015 - 9:59

Bring back the fight docter Freddie Pocheccto whatever his name is.

Used to work Ali's corner

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 2 Jul 2015 - 10:03

Freddie pocheccto.... He was Gus tomato's best mate I think

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 2 Jul 2015 - 10:06

Milky's wife.....

She has a voice all of us recognise ..and she always makes the viewer feel at home...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Thu 2 Jul 2015 - 10:10

Perhaps a thread about boxing's 'Little gobsh!tes' is needed.
Great description Rodney.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 2 Jul 2015 - 10:10

Rodney wrote:Al Bernstein for me not sure who I'd have as his number 2 most commentary annoys the life out of me - cant stand listening to McCrory, Smith, Nelson and that little gobsh!te Paulie Mallanaggi.

Steve Holdsworth was legendary Milky, he spoke about looking after his neighbours cat whilst the fighters were going hell for leather. Always loved his line "This fight is that poor, Ive just seen Christopher Reeve stand up and walk out"

Cheers, Rodders

Sounds about right rodders I remember watching sergiy dzinziruk go through the motions against some journeyman and holdsworth was basically saying it was a pointless boring fight that no one cared about including the participants, the audience and the commentator.

The podcast boys should ask him to do a voiceover commentary on the next sky card. It would be priceless.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 2 Jul 2015 - 10:12

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Milky's wife.....

She has a voice all of us recognise ..and she always makes the viewer feel at home...

Unless the viewer is milky

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 2 Jul 2015 - 10:30

Ferdie Pacheco the guy who said had Charles fought Louis five years earlier he'd have been a one round bum of the month..

No thanks the way he used to dismiss fighters on air....You'd be going from one extreme to another..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 2 Jul 2015 - 10:36

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Ferdie Pacheco the guy who said had Charles fought Louis five years earlier he'd have been a one round bum of the month..

No thanks the way he used to dismiss fighters on air....You'd be going from one extreme to another..

He knew more then most he used to work Ali's corner.

I just put his name out there this thread is beneath me I did not think anyone knew who Freddie Pacheco was.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 2 Jul 2015 - 10:47

I don't like Ferdie Pacheco either, to be honest. Smug so and so. Him being the self-appointed 'Fight Doctor' means about as much as Rawling being dubbed 'The Smooth Voice of Boxing' by Bunce.

Barry Tomkins is still knocking about, he's always been one of the better ones. Heard him doing the Wade-Soliman fight last week. Although like Soliman, he's a bit long in the tooth now.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 2 Jul 2015 - 11:09

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

I just put his name out there this thread is beneath me I did not think anyone knew who Freddie Pacheco was.

Comedy gold

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Thu 2 Jul 2015 - 15:19

May as well replace Halling with Hearn himself. So obviously a middle man between matchroom and sky. Why not just get Eddie talking to us directly, telling us what we should be enjoying with our strawberries.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 2 Jul 2015 - 15:44

Jerry The King Lawler hahaha brilliant catch weight.

In all seriousness I'd have Paulie. Seems a likeable guys, reads the sport well and is always truthful in how he speaks.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down