The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nick Halling !!!

+10
milkyboy
Dipper Brown
Steffan
catchweight
wheelchair1991
Derbymanc
Strongback
mobilemaster8
Hammersmith harrier
TRUSSMAN66
14 posters

Go down

Nick Halling !!! Empty Nick Halling !!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 28 Sep 2014, 9:54 am

Three words...

Absolute...Bloody....Disgrace......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Nick Halling !!! Empty Re: Nick Halling !!!

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 28 Sep 2014, 10:02 am

Three words...

Been...Done....Already......

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 28 Sep 2014, 10:09 am

There was one point in the fight where he went above and beyond anything I have ever heard in my life.

I think Smith caught AA with a left hook on the inside whilst breaking and Abraham took it flush and moved back, was a good shot, AA didn't seem too bothered by it but you could tell by his reaction that he felt the shot of course.

Nick Halling at this point started screaming that AA was hurt, he was stumbled etc
"Oh my word, Smith has hurt him, you can see it, what a wonderful left hook. He never expected that. Nobody thought he would do that!"

Or words to that effect. It was actually sickening.

As I was messaging my brother (who was watching of course), he managed to message me first with "what an over reacting Tinkywinky".....

It gets a bit tedious at times...I personally don't think he should have a job as boxing commentator....

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 28 Sep 2014, 10:33 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Three words...

Been...Done....Already......

Well F**k Off then..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 28 Sep 2014, 10:35 am

mobilemaster8 wrote:There was one point in the fight where he went above and beyond anything I have ever heard in my life.

I think Smith caught AA with a left hook on the inside whilst breaking and Abraham took it flush and moved back, was a good shot, AA didn't seem too bothered by it but you could tell by his reaction that he felt the shot of course.

Nick Halling at this point started screaming that AA was hurt, he was stumbled etc
"Oh my word, Smith has hurt him, you can see it, what a wonderful left hook. He never expected that. Nobody thought he would do that!"

Or words to that effect. It was actually sickening.

As I was messaging my brother (who was watching of course), he managed to message me first with "what an over reacting Tinkywinky".....

It gets a bit tedious at times...I personally don't think he should have a job as boxing commentator....

How many times did he say "No one expected this etc etc"..

Every time he hit Abraham's gloves it was great work..Everytime Abraham hit his gloves it "None of that got through"..

Getting beyond a joke now...

Worst I've ever seen..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 28 Sep 2014, 10:41 am

Yeh it was ridiculous mate, last night was his worst commentary performance. By a country mile.

Smith comes forward lands a double jab to the guard and a right hook downstairs - "Wonderful double jab and a crushing left hooks. You can see he is really feeling these now, he is really going to work on AA here and you can tell"

Smith gets hit by AA and in return fires a left hook - "He has bossed these exchanges at times, he isn't being bullied and he has turned that around....AND HE HAS HURT AA!! He looks like he felt that!! His legs Jim!! He is on the ropes!! AND HERREEE COMMES SMMIITTHH!! We have never seen anyone do that to him before Jim!!

Oh urine off Halling!!!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 28 Sep 2014, 10:41 am

I don't know how I've done it but I seem to have managed to completely filter out what Halling is saying during a fight. Last night I reached some kind of nirvana because I can't remember a word he said during the fight.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun 28 Sep 2014, 10:42 am

He just got excited cause he wanted the Brit guy to win Truss, the same the time before that etc etc.

I'd love to know if he's told to be like that and what he was really thinking during the demolition he did on Kell Brook during his title fight.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 28 Sep 2014, 10:44 am

He was poor again but its the norm for him now hes a very good announcer in other sports however boxing is not one of them, its happened so much now ive stopped getting frustrated about it

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 28 Sep 2014, 11:02 am

I don't mind the pro-Brit stuff.....

It's just he neglects what the opponent does and exaggerates what his favorite does....

and it's misleading to the casual fan......

It seems to be affecting Watt..........

No way Smith won by three..............and I gave smith the second and watt didn't..

Way too much gushing puke..as well.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 28 Sep 2014, 11:21 am

I think Watt is more to blame than Halling. Halling is just a guy hired to connect with the audience. Watt is supposed to be the guy analysing the action. Halling will usually just tow whatever line Watt is coming up with.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 28 Sep 2014, 11:26 am

Although last night was bad Froch v Groves 2 was by far the worst

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 28 Sep 2014, 11:42 am

wheelchair1991 wrote:Although last night was bad Froch v Groves 2 was by far the worst

You could tell they wanted Froch to win and were ignoring Groves work......Which is standard practice for them......

Then again I did have froch a couple ahead myself.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 28 Sep 2014, 12:34 pm

Yeah having froch ahead is understandable but if my memory is right they only gave groves 1 round or 2 i think as you say its standard practice

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 28 Sep 2014, 12:58 pm

The commentary was a disgrace I agree Truss. I feel at times it is almost aimed at you casual sports viewer as opposed to boxing fans intelligent enough know whats going on

Halling and Watt are ruining fights for people

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 28 Sep 2014, 1:30 pm

Even Eddie Hearn admitted Watt's scorecard in the porter brook clash was terrible

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sun 28 Sep 2014, 1:35 pm

My abiding memory of the commentary on Froch Groves 2 was Amir Khan saying he had Groves ahead (as a few, including HBO, did) by a few rounds. 'You mean Froch', 'No, I mean Groves'. The commentary team were utterly incredulous that anyone could see it differently.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 28 Sep 2014, 1:42 pm

I have no issue with the commentary for a simple reason that all of us on here should know better. If you don't know any better than you are the exact audience the biased commentary is intended for. Hearn has to sell his fighters to the casual fan as do Sky and what better way than having the commentary team telling you how amazing they're doing against such a tough opponent.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 28 Sep 2014, 2:40 pm

wheelchair1991 wrote:Even Eddie Hearn admitted Watt's scorecard in the porter brook clash was terrible

Probably because watts card favoured porter, and eddies fighter was brook. Quite a few of us had brook porter closer than the judges.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Sun 28 Sep 2014, 3:10 pm

Nick Halling sounds like the builder Nick Knowles and seems to know as much about boxing.

Dreadful commentator.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 28 Sep 2014, 3:53 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I don't mind the pro-Brit stuff.....

It's just he neglects what the opponent does and exaggerates what his favorite does....

and it's misleading to the casual fan......

It seems to be affecting Watt..........

No way Smith won by three..............and I gave smith the second and watt didn't..

Way too much gushing puke..as well.

Watt had the score 115-113, same as me?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 28 Sep 2014, 4:00 pm

Yeah truss im the first to criticise Watt but dont think his scorecard was bad last night

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 28 Sep 2014, 5:56 pm

wheelchair1991 wrote:Yeah truss im the first to criticise Watt but dont think his scorecard was bad last night

Thought he had it by 3..........

I had it a draw.......

I remember being in Scotland when World Cup 1990 was on..........I'd just come here...........Me and Jo were in a pub and when Germany won on penalties you'd have thought they'd all won the lottery the way the Scots partied in there...

Amazing how all these Scottish guys on the TV seem to love the English for a few bucks....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 28 Sep 2014, 6:42 pm

Ive never understood the Scottish hatred of the English its historical i know but coming from a being english but coming from s Scottish family as i do i think they need to let it go

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 28 Sep 2014, 6:48 pm

They do when there is a few bucks in it for them..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 28 Sep 2014, 7:02 pm

Watt is boxing's version of Alan Hansen who is another Uncle Jock willing to kiss as much English backside possible to earn much money

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 28 Sep 2014, 7:03 pm

Kind of a more libellous way of putting it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 28 Sep 2014, 7:19 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
wheelchair1991 wrote:Yeah truss im the first to criticise Watt but dont think his scorecard was bad last night

Amazing how all these Scottish guys on the TV seem to love the English for a few bucks....

When the Scots got to vote for independence they ticked the 'I love England' box.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 28 Sep 2014, 7:24 pm

Strongback wrote:When the Scots got to vote for independence they ticked the 'I love England' box
If I was Scottish I would be going with the 'It was rigged' conspiracy to save face Laugh

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 29 Sep 2014, 11:48 am

Strongback wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

When the Scots got to vote for independence they ticked the 'I love England' box.

Expert analysis.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 29 Sep 2014, 10:36 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Strongback wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Expert analysis.  

Young people had a vision for a new Scotland and they will be the generation to drive the country with their energy for the next 30 years.

Middle aged people wanted to protect their pension. Two Scotsmen a penny and copper wire comes to mind.

I feel sorry for the young Scots who will have to wait another generation to get the opportunity to vote again. There are a lot of selfish older people in Scotland.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 29 Sep 2014, 11:08 pm

Conventional wisdom suggests that the younger voters didn't understand the financial and social ramifications independence would have caused.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 29 Sep 2014, 11:26 pm

Strongback wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Strongback wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Expert analysis.  

Young people had a vision for a new Scotland and they will be the generation to drive the country with their energy for the next 30 years.

Middle aged people wanted to protect their pension. Two Scotsmen a penny and copper wire comes to mind.

I feel sorry for the young Scots who will have to wait another generation to get the opportunity to vote again. There are a lot of selfish older people in Scotland.  
Indication seems to be that only 25-39 age group voted Yes.  Everyone else - including 16-25 voted No.  Interesting thing is that 16-18 year olds were probably as well informed as anyone as responsibility was taken seriously and the issues were properly discussed in schools.  This was always going to count against a Yes campaign that was short on answers.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 29 Sep 2014, 11:33 pm

... most of the 25-39 year olds had seen braveheart.

Back on topic, I've defended jim historically but he seems to get more and more one-eyed with each fight that passes. As for apphalling, they must figure that he's a decent commentator in other sports so he'll improve.

Sky do seem to encourage the sycophantic cheerleading, rawling was just as bad... And they don't seem to care whether fans of the sport hate someone in their team... Maybe they think anything that stirs the emotions is a good thing. God help us if that's the case, Stuart Barnes has survived 20 odd years commentating on rugby despite being universally accepted as an irritating man sausage.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Tue 30 Sep 2014, 2:32 pm

Strongback wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Strongback wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Expert analysis.  

I feel sorry for the Irish. People like you are the reason they are branded thick.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down