The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland's Rugby World Cup 2015 Thread - "You're wrong on several counts..."

+57
hugehandoff
Exiledinborders
whocares
majesticimperialman
englandglory4ever
donglewood
aucklandlaurie
kunu
thebandwagonsociety
BamBam
theslosty
Engine#4
wrfc1980
fa0019
Wi11
RuggerRadge2611
Blanko
Rory_Gallagher
FecklessRogue
mrsuperclear
No 7&1/2
Artful_Dodger
Cloggie
wales606
Gwlad
munkian
Submachine
marty2086
maestegmafia
SirBurger
GoodinTightSpaces
mikey_dragon
Chunky Norwich
Cyril
lostinwales
pete (buachaill on eirne)
Golden
the-goon
George Carlin
eirebilly
The Boss
theshanker
Pete330v2
TJ
asoreleftshoulder
Standulstermen
Sin é
LeinsterFan4life
Marshes
wolfball
SecretFly
gleesonisgod
profitius
bedfordwelsh
Notch
The Great Aukster
Don Alfonso
61 posters

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

Ireland's Rugby World Cup 2015 Thread - "You're wrong on several counts..." - Page 4 Empty Ireland's Rugby World Cup 2015 Thread - "You're wrong on several counts..."

Post by Don Alfonso Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

Alright.

The time for whinging at the Welsh, sniping at the Scots and educating the English is done. Playtime is over. The bitterness is dialled up to ten, the eye-patches producing metaphorical one-eyedness are donned, chips are placed on shoulders – it’s time for some proper, down n’ dirty, internecine bickering.

Who will go to the 2015 Rugby World Cup to play for Ireland?

Who should go?

The players have the following opportunities to shine like a diamond for Joe:

Emerging Ireland Tbilisi Cup

Emerging Italy v Emerging Ireland
Saturday 13th June 14:00 BST

Uruguay v Emerging Ireland
Wednesday 17th June 14:00 BST

Georgia v Emerging Ireland
Sunday 21st June 16:00 BST

Ireland Matches

Wales v Ireland
Millennium Stadium
Saturday 8th August

Ireland v Scotland
Aviva Stadium
Saturday 15th August

Ireland v Wales
Aviva Stadium
Saturday 29th August

England v Ireland
Twickenham Stadium
Saturday 5th September

31 players.

A 17/14 split? Has Madigan played himself off the plane? Do Ruddock or Trimble have enough time to make it back? Can Rory’s darts be trusted? Does POM spend too much time on the wing? Are Payne and Strauss “Irish” enough? Why is Reddan there? Has Zebo been by-passed? Is Cave too slow? Why Felix Jones?

HAVE AT THEE!

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Ireland's Rugby World Cup 2015 Thread - "You're wrong on several counts..." - Page 4 Empty Re: Ireland's Rugby World Cup 2015 Thread - "You're wrong on several counts..."

Post by Golden Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:50 pm

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2015/0729/717979-cian-healy/

Doesnt sound too bad there.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Ireland's Rugby World Cup 2015 Thread - "You're wrong on several counts..." - Page 4 Empty Re: Ireland's Rugby World Cup 2015 Thread - "You're wrong on several counts..."

Post by Pete330v2 Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:38 pm

Mixed stories it seems and I don't know how to take the IRFU's silence over the matter. Perhaps they are just awaiting reports as to how he copes with the training etc. He's an absolute beast of a player, world class and would be a big loss to most international sides let alone Ireland.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:20 pm

Not much we can do apart from speculate on the speculation- without having any idea what the issues with this injury are and how serious it really is, I'll echo rodders in saying I hope the injury is addressed in the way which is best for his long-term health and not the short term of the World Cup.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:22 pm

Pete330v2 wrote:Mixed stories it seems and I don't know how to take the IRFU's silence over the matter. Perhaps they are just awaiting reports as to how he copes with the training etc. He's an absolute beast of a player, world class and would be a big loss to most international sides let alone Ireland.

It would be inappropriate to come out and say anything at this stage, so I wouldn't read much into their silence. You'll only hear about player availability from the IRFU when it comes to the warm-up games.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:25 pm

Absolutely agree that I hope his longterm health is looked after.

Some talk about him not being able to grip with one of his hands. Other comments coming out that he had difficulty lifting his arm high enough to bind when playing Toulon in the Champs Cup.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:00 pm

Hello Irish lads. Always a pleasure having Irish company on a match day Very Happy. Shame to read that about Healy, I think he's a big loss for Ireland as for me he is one of the world's top players in his position. I also don't think Wales will be able to take great advantage of his absence in the coming weeks as we will have two TH props that can't scrum, and one who is yet to earn a cap. But anyway with those warm-ups in mind who are you expecting to see run out in the matches against Wales? There is currently a lot of debate over who will make the Wales team for these games, but I think it's clear that we will be seeing the usual suspects with around 4 changes to the starting lineup.

PS how did this game go? Uruguay v Emerging Ireland, Uruguay are one of Wales' world cup group opponents.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:54 pm

Nobody really has a clue and thats just the way Joe Schmidt wants it. I suspect we'll see some players who have been absent for a while get a run out to get back up to speed but thats complete speculation on my part- even the players don't know how selection will go.

Emerging Ireland vs Uruguay was very one-sided for a lot of the match and thats with the Irish fourth string who had very little preparation time. Ireland had a fast start and then didn't need to get out of second gear. I have no idea how close to first choice Uruguays squad was but they don't have much depth to choose from. So I don't see them as a realistic threat to Wales at all, question is who can get the most points against them as your group may come down to that!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:01 pm

Oh, if that's true are players like Chris Henry coming back, or is he still injured? I haven't really payed attention so I wouldn't know. This pre-selection is always a guessing game and I could be totally wrong because Gatland has apparently said a few young'uns will be getting a run in the coming weeks, though he could just be saying that. I notice Ireland have four pre-rwc games, is that normal? I think Wales and most others just have three.

Ouch, that sure does sound like emerging Ireland gave Uruguay a kicking. I can't see our score against them being greater than it was against Namibia in 2011, and SA put a similar score to us on them as well. For that game I'm hoping Biggar, North and Roberts are rested.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:11 pm

Henry is available for selection and was playing for Ulster at the end of the season.

For me the warm ups are a waste of time because they're not proper test matches. I'd much rather the RWC was extended into a pre-tournament competition with 32 teams and the top 16 progressing to the RWC finals.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:01 pm

I am pretty sure that the press are under particular instructions in respect of the run in to the tournament and in particular will be told not to expect detailed medical updates on players as it would not be fair to the other players competing for their places and may be generally disruptive to squads. Healy is a titan and even if only playing at 70% will probably still be selected.

They have adopted the same approach in the Scotland camp. As far as we know, our 3 first choice centres are all officially broken and we are collectively trying to stop the wee wee from leaking out in fear. Unofficially, however, we also know that 2 out of those 3 players have been taking contact for a fortnight and have already taken part in a full 60 minute internal mini-match hit-out.

I don't think we can make any assumptions about player conditions as reported in the papers.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:53 am

Here is the team Ireland will be facing lads. It's not my choice and it is largely made up of 3rd choice/won't make the final squad players. Hoping you guys put out an experimental team too.

15 Hallam Amos, 14 Alex Cuthbert, 13 Tyler Morgan, 12 Scott Williams, 11 Eli Walker, 10 James Hook, 9 Mike Phillips, 1 Nicky Smith, 2 Richard Hibbard, 3 Aaron Jarvis, 4 Jake Ball 5 Dominic Day, 6 Ross Moriarty, 7 Justin Tipuric, 8 Dan Baker.

Replacements: Rob Evans, Kristian Dacey, Scott Andrews, James King, Taulupe Faletau, Lloyd Williams, Gareth Anscombe, Matthew Morgan.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by GoodinTightSpaces Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:22 pm

bit of a repost here but what will the ireland team be like this weekend.
i would imagine you will see an Ireland team at a similar level. you will see players that have question marks over their names and positions Marmion, Cave, keathleyand some first team players coming back from injury and need game time like Trimble, D Ryan,

GoodinTightSpaces

Back to top Go down

Post by SirBurger Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:31 pm

The Great Aukster wrote:Henry is available for selection and was playing for Ulster at the end of the season.

For me the warm ups are a waste of time because they're not proper test matches. I'd much rather the RWC was extended into a pre-tournament competition with 32 teams and the top 16 progressing to the RWC finals.

All that would happen in that scenario is teams would eventually start scheduling warm-ups for the pre-tournament! Laugh

SirBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:03 pm

The Wales team is announced.

Do you lads think Joe will pick a similarly experimental fringe team or will he go for a first choice XV

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfball Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:10 pm

maestegmafia wrote:The Wales team is announced.

Do you lads think Joe will pick a similarly experimental fringe team or will he go for a first choice XV

With the team Wales have picked, there are only downsides to picking a first 15 Irish team. I think we will see similar, no sexton/murray and most of the pack our seconds/thirds.

wolfball

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:12 pm

Not so experimental as that team. I reckon there will be a core of players who would be first choice. Something like:

Kilcoyne - Strauss - Ross (Ross needs loads of time to get match fit)
Ryan / Toner (POC will be left at home)
Henderson, Henry, Murphy
Reddan / Madigan (not sure Conor Murray is fully fit yet)
12 Henshaw 13 Earls (the next game we might see Payne & Darcy)
11 Gilroy 15 Zebo 14 Bowe (not sure if Trimble is fully fit yet)

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by GoodinTightSpaces Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:39 pm

Sin é wrote:Not so experimental as that team. I reckon there will be a core of players who would be first choice. Something like:

Henderson, Henry, Murphy
12 Henshaw  13 Earls   (the next game we might see Payne & Darcy)
11 Gilroy   15 Zebo   14  Bowe  (not sure if Trimble is fully fit yet)

that is pretty strong team. do you think he will start some of the players he wants a closer look at? marimon? J Cronin?

Think trimble is fully fit so i think he will get game time

GoodinTightSpaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshes Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:41 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Here is the team Ireland will be facing lads. It's not my choice and it is largely made up of 3rd choice/won't make the final squad players. Hoping you guys put out an experimental team too.

15 Hallam Amos, 14 Alex Cuthbert, 13 Tyler Morgan, 12 Scott Williams, 11 Eli Walker, 10 James Hook, 9 Mike Phillips, 1 Nicky Smith, 2 Richard Hibbard, 3 Aaron Jarvis, 4 Jake Ball 5 Dominic Day, 6 Ross Moriarty, 7 Justin Tipuric, 8 Dan Baker.

Replacements: Rob Evans, Kristian Dacey, Scott Andrews, James King, Taulupe Faletau, Lloyd Williams, Gareth Anscombe, Matthew Morgan.

Thanks Mikey.

Few surprising selections there for me, thought Wales might have put out a slightly stronger side here and maybe this type of one in Dublin, Gats not showing his hand too much before the RWC maybe?

Would have thought Francis would be capped and looked at over all the warm up games after the season he had, I thought Jarvis was going backwards a lot against Ireland and thought Francis would have leapfrogged him. I'm not familiar with Dominic Day sorry to say, anyone know much about him?

Surprised to see James Hook and Mike Phillips too, what is Gatland going to learn from that selection that he doesn't already know? Maybe they are there to provide experience in a young team but thought there were some other options at 9 and 10 Gats would like to look at.

Looking forward to seeing Eli Walker, hope he can put his injuries behind him as on his day he is class. And Moriarty looked a very decent prospect when I've seen him play.

If that is the Wales team, for Ireland I'd say we will see a XV like: Felix Jones, D. Kearney, D'Arcy, Keith Earls, Gilroy, Jackson, Marmion, Heaslip, Henry, Henderson, D. Ryan, Tuohy, Kilcoyne, Strauss, Moore. Others to be involved Bent, Cronin, J. Murphy, Toner, Conan, Madigan, L. Fitzgerald, Zebo, and Trimble

Marshes

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshes Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:45 pm

GoodinTightSpaces wrote:
Sin é wrote:Not so experimental as that team. I reckon there will be a core of players who would be first choice. Something like:

Henderson, Henry, Murphy
12 Henshaw  13 Earls   (the next game we might see Payne & Darcy)
11 Gilroy   15 Zebo   14  Bowe  (not sure if Trimble is fully fit yet)

that is  pretty strong team. do you think he will start some of the players he wants a closer look at? marimon? J Cronin?

Think trimble is fully fit so i think he will get game time

I reckon Ross might get one game in the warmups but won't see him here. Moore getting game time with Bent on the bench.

Don't think we will see Toner, Reddan, Bowe or Henshaw either. No point risking them for kickabout.

Marshes

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:04 pm

Marshes wrote:
I reckon Ross might get one game in the warmups but won't see him here. Moore getting game time with Bent on the bench.

Don't think we will see Toner, Reddan, Bowe or Henshaw either. No point risking them for kickabout.

I think Ross will be played a lot. He like some others, take longer to get up to speed.

I'm just guessing now but I reckon there won't be too many players trialed. Instead the squad will be already picked and time will be spent on getting the players up to match speed
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:19 pm

I really hope Ross isn't playing. Even Leinster's 2nd choice are a bit much for our starting props right now. I worry about how we will defend an Irish driving lineout too. Hopefully throwing the ball about pays off, that's if our 9 and 10 can keep their error rate down.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfball Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:53 pm

profitius wrote:
Marshes wrote:

I think Ross will be played a lot. He like some others, take longer to get up to speed.

I'm just guessing now but I reckon there won't be too many players trialed. Instead the squad will be already picked and time will be spent on getting the players up to match speed

According to RTE, Moore, Healy, Fitz and Cronin are only irish players with injuries, so looks like Ross to start.

wolfball

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:22 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Here is the team Ireland will be facing lads. It's not my choice and it is largely made up of 3rd choice/won't make the final squad players. Hoping you guys put out an experimental team too.

Would think Ireland will name a similar team. We all know the likes of Heaslip, O'Connell and Sexton will be in the team come the World Cup, and they can be integrated slowly. Let's find out what fringe players are in form etc.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:47 pm

wolfball wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:The Wales team is announced.

With the team Wales have picked, there are only downsides to picking a first 15 Irish team. I think we will see similar, no sexton/murray and most of the pack our seconds/thirds.

I am hoping so...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:50 pm

Notch wrote:

Would think Ireland will name a similar team. We all know the likes of Heaslip, O'Connell and Sexton will be in the team come the World Cup, and they can be integrated slowly. Let's find out what fringe players are in form etc.

I think it is important that the coaches pit similar strength teams for this match. This Welsh team wouldn't stand a chance against a first team selection and Wales would learn little about their fringe players if they get a pasting.

I like the idea of the Irish teams suggested. They look similar strength and likely to make it a great game.

I hope it is an exciting match. The one in the six nations was a corker

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshes Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:03 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
Notch wrote:

I think it is important that the coaches pit similar strength teams for this match. This Welsh team wouldn't stand a chance against a first team selection and Wales would learn little about their fringe players if they get a pasting.

I like the idea of the Irish teams suggested. They look similar strength and likely to make it a great game.

I hope it is an exciting match. The one in the six nations was a corker

Agreed, always close contests. Got tickets to this and will be there with some Welsh mates Hug Looking forward to hearing the Welsh national anthem live, it is always belted out in the Millennium!

Marshes

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:34 pm

Really can't see someone like Marmion being involved as Schmidt has already done his trialing (injuries notwithstanding). Joe will have no more than about five or six players he needs confirmation on - all he has to do is test their match fitness and get them playing together. I hope he selects teams in these "warm-ups" to reflect his teams for the pool stages, and Gatland has kindly done his best to select a Welsh team of Canada strength.

For the first two games Schmidt should select maybe 7/8 first teamers to get them up to match fitness and allow the rest to get used to playing with them. He might even try a few emergency cover positions late on in the games. The final cut will undoubtedly be made between the Scotland and 2nd Wales games.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:43 am

Papers suggesting a largely second string team with Rory Best and Jamie Heaslip lending experience. Best and Earls did the media briefing so you'd suggest they'll be involved- other than that, who knows...
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:33 am

When's Joe announcing the lineup?

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:35 am

Thursday I think - what team are the media predicting?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by GoodinTightSpaces Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:02 am

with earls being rolled out to the media yesterday do we feel he is starting at the weekend. if so where? personally i think we are a little light in back ups to centres and Earls may get his spot on the plane because of his versitility. We already know he can be lethal on the wing but will schmidt want to have a closer look at him in the centre?

GoodinTightSpaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:11 am

Will these matches be on RTE or the beeb?

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:20 am

Golden wrote:Will these matches be on RTE or the beeb?

Only on BBC Wales. Some highlights on RTE & Sky on Sat night.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:24 am

Revising my team:

Kilcoyne - Strauss - Best (capt) - Ross (Ross needs loads of time to get match fit)
Ryan / Toner Henderson (POC will be left at home)
Henderson, Murphy, Henry, MurphyHeislip
11 Gilroy DKearney 15 Zebo 14 Bowe Trimble
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by GoodinTightSpaces Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:27 am

Sin é wrote:Revising my team:

Kilcoyne - Strauss - Best (capt) - Ross (Ross needs loads of time to get match fit)
11 Gilroy DKearney  15 Zebo 14 Bowe Trimble

looks like a decent team for the first warm up. looks like the right players are getting game time with a sprinkle of experience to push the team on the field

GoodinTightSpaces

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:00 pm

I think we'll see Cave at 12 with Trimble and Earls on the wings. Henshaw or Fitzgerald at 13 maybe?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshes Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:21 pm

GoodinTightSpaces wrote:

looks like a decent team for the first warm up. looks like the right players are getting game time with a sprinkle of experience to push the team on the field

Few players there it would be silly to risk in a game of this level. Particularly wouldn't like to see Henshaw on Saturday, not needed

Marshes

Back to top Go down

Post by GoodinTightSpaces Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:25 pm

rodders wrote:I think we'll see Cave at 12 with Trimble and Earls on the  wings. Henshaw or Fitzgerald at 13 maybe?

think you could be right with Cave. Fitz is still not 100%

GoodinTightSpaces

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:59 pm

Sexton to start at 10 I think if he's fit - Cave and Sexton seemed to be lining out together in training.

Jackson and/or Madigan maybe will get a run sandwiched between inside D'arcy in one of the games would be my guess, with the strongest lineup saved for the final game.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:07 pm

GoodinTightSpaces wrote:
rodders wrote:I think we'll see Cave at 12 with Trimble and Earls on the  wings. Henshaw or Fitzgerald at 13 maybe?

think you could be right with Cave. Fitz is still not 100%

Fitz was interviewed in Sindo last weekend and he said that he was trying to lose a few kilos which he had gained to play centre last season. I don't think we will see Fitz in the centre in this world cup. I think he will travel though because of his left boot on the left wing.

Earls said today that he has been running at centre and wing.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:04 pm

Marshes wrote:
GoodinTightSpaces wrote:

Few players there it would be silly to risk in a game of this level. Particularly wouldn't like to see Henshaw on Saturday, not needed

Henshaw has to play some of the warm-ups and Schmidt is a fan of Earls,if he see's Earls as a centre/wing option then he will want to see how the combination works.Zebo at full back is something I'd like to see,if he's a success then Jones could be left home meaning there is plenty of cover in the backs.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:32 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:
Marshes wrote:
GoodinTightSpaces wrote:

Henshaw has to play some of the warm-ups and Schmidt is a fan of Earls,if he see's Earls as a centre/wing option then he will want to see how the combination works.Zebo at full back is something I'd like to see,if he's a success then Jones could be left home meaning there is plenty of cover in the backs.

Absolutely, no such thing as wrapping any of them in cotton wool. I dread these games because of Wally & Geordan Murphy, but if they are going to get injured, now is the time for it to happen when there is time to make do something about them and prepare others to fill in.

I think Zebo could cover at fullback instead of Jones. I don't think any of the others mentioned (like Bowe, Earls or Fitz) could though. If Fitz get fit, I think he will make the squad along with Zebo for the left wing/full back cover.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfball Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:23 pm

Sin é wrote:
asoreleftshoulder wrote:
Marshes wrote:
GoodinTightSpaces wrote:

Absolutely, no such thing as wrapping any of them in cotton wool. I dread these games because of Wally & Geordan Murphy, but if they are going to get injured, now is the time for it to happen when there is time to make do something about them and prepare others to fill in.

I think Zebo could cover at fullback instead of Jones. I don't think any of the others mentioned (like Bowe, Earls or Fitz) could though. If Fitz get fit, I think he will make the squad along with Zebo for the left wing/full back cover.

Agreed, we are going to loose players to injury, some very good players between now and our last RWC game and we just need to accept it and trust in the systems etc.

wolfball

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:22 pm

wolfball wrote:Agreed, we are going to loose players to injury, some very good players between now and our last RWC game and we just need to accept it and trust in the systems etc.

Yes, it may be a tautology but players need to play. If they don't know the players around them as on say a Lions' tour there is far more likelihood of them getting injured because they think they have to do something that they don't. That's why Schmidt should mix his squad around in these games so that everyone is conversant with those around them, and so give JS the chance to mix his selections in the pool stages to maximise rest and recovery for the whole squad.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshes Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:13 am

asoreleftshoulder wrote:
Marshes wrote:
GoodinTightSpaces wrote:

For sure some of the warm ups, but for me not this one against the Welsh third string. I say try new combos here when the pressure is off, and introduce the first team back in gradually when the competition is of the standard. It's another position where it's a big drop off from the incumbent to the understudy.

Marshes

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:52 pm

Decent Ireland team anounced. Excited to see how Earls does at 13.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:58 pm

1. Jack McGrath
2. Richardt Strauss
3. Mike Ross
4. Iain Henderson
5. Donnacha Ryan
6. Jordi Murphy
7. Tommy O'Donnell
8. Jamie Heaslip
9. Eoin Reddan
10. Paddy Jackson
11. Fergus McFadden
12. Darren Cave
13. Keith Earls
14. Andrew Trimble
15. Felix Jones

Replacements: Rory Best, David Kilcoyne, Michael Bent, Dan Tuohy, Chris Henry, Kieran Marmion, Ian Madigan

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by the-goon Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:00 pm

Jones
Trimble
Earls
Cave
McFadden
Jackson
Redden
Heaslip
TOD
Murphy
Ryan
Henderson
Ross
O'Strauss
McGrath

the-goon

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:03 pm

Bent covering tight head presumably means they are looking at only bringing 5 props. Possibly move McGrath over either.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by the-goon Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:07 pm

I think we should beat the Welsh by a decent score looking at those teams. And really do damage in the scrum and forwards in general

However, I think the game will be scrappy and will have more errors than usual. Ireland to win 26-10

the-goon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next