The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elimination Chamber - Thoughts, Reaction and Discussion before, during and after the event. SPOILERS AND AWFUL RAMBLINGS INSIDE

+9
RinoGattuso
TheCultOfPersonality
Uryu Ishida
Crimey
Prometheus
Hero
Samo
Shot 21 LCFC
Dolphin Ziggler
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Elimination Chamber - Thoughts, Reaction and Discussion before, during and after the event. SPOILERS AND AWFUL RAMBLINGS INSIDE - Page 2 Empty Elimination Chamber - Thoughts, Reaction and Discussion before, during and after the event. SPOILERS AND AWFUL RAMBLINGS INSIDE

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun May 31, 2015 5:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

Dolph Ziggler vs Sheamus vs. Ryback vs. R-Truth vs. King Barrett vs. Rusev - Elimination Chamber match for IC Title

The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods) (c) vs. The Lucha Dragons (Kalisto and Sin Cara) vs. Tyson Kidd and Cesaro vs. The Prime Time Players (Darren Young and Titus O'Neil) vs. The Ascension (Konnor and Viktor) vs. Los Matadores (Diego and Fernando) - Elimination Chamber match for Tag Team titles

John Cena vs Kevin Owens

Nikki Bella vs Naomi vs Paige - Divas Title

Neville vs Bo Dallas

Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose - WWEWHC

Predictions? Shocks? Will WWE pull something out of the bag as the last day of the month to try bring in new subscribers? Is Rusev going to make it? Reigns appear? Wyatt appear?

Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Elimination Chamber - Thoughts, Reaction and Discussion before, during and after the event. SPOILERS AND AWFUL RAMBLINGS INSIDE - Page 2 Empty Re: Elimination Chamber - Thoughts, Reaction and Discussion before, during and after the event. SPOILERS AND AWFUL RAMBLINGS INSIDE

Post by Crimey Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:45 pm

The IC Elimination Chamber match was one of the worst matches I've ever seen. I can't think of a single good moment in it and when you spend most of the match asking whether what just happened was a botch or not shows just how bad the match was. The commentators were bad but the wrestlers, considering they have probably nearly 100 years of experience between them, were awful! They didn't know what they were doing. It was an absolute disaster.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Elimination Chamber - Thoughts, Reaction and Discussion before, during and after the event. SPOILERS AND AWFUL RAMBLINGS INSIDE - Page 2 Empty Re: Elimination Chamber - Thoughts, Reaction and Discussion before, during and after the event. SPOILERS AND AWFUL RAMBLINGS INSIDE

Post by JoshSansom Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:46 pm

Samo wrote:I think the PPV did a great job of highlighting how poor the commentary has been recently. The fact they completely missed the Sheamus spot suggests that they arent even told about these big moments before hand. What should have put major heel heat on Sheamus just made everyone in the spot look silly.

Presumed that the Sheamus spot was an audible called because the side of the Henry pod fell out and he had to enter early... that whole period looked disjointed and I think that it was all called on the fly and they needed to keep Sheamus in the pod for a bit longer.

In terms of House's ratings I would say it is where I put it bar I would give the tag match 0.5* more as I think it was better than the IC one...

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:51 pm

I thought the tag title match was quite good, I think they realised the ring was going to be too crowded with all the teams so had some eliminated early. Most of the tag teams looked good, even The Ascension and there were some memorable spots like the Cesaro drop kick and Kallisto off of the top part of the Chamber. I'd say 2.5-3 stars would be a fair rating. To give the IC Chamber the same is ridiculous though, it was genuinely horrific, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I'd give 0.5 star at best.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:55 pm

Crimey wrote:The IC Elimination Chamber match was one of the worst matches I've ever seen. I can't think of a single good moment in it and when you spend most of the match asking whether what just happened was a botch or not shows just how bad the match was. The commentators were bad but the wrestlers, considering they have probably nearly 100 years of experience between them, were awful! They didn't know what they were doing. It was an absolute disaster.
Honestly, honestly, I was wishing that this match somehow could turn into a "loser quits WWE match".

I know you are not a fan of Owens, but he's just burst on the scene and taken the #2 heel spot. You'd kind of think that Sheamus and Barrett might want to take that brass ring back. Now, there is a tiny part of me that thinks because of Sheamus' past in particular, were they told to work well within themselves and make sure no one picked up an injury? Because no one looked like they were defending their spot, or that they were going to go the extra mile to win the belt. And that is what an EC match is set up for, for pushing the envelope.

If Sheamus, Barrett and Mark Henry all had their last day at work in that match, I'd not be disappointed. They just look too comfortable in that mid-card where they are probably more valuable working house shows than their input to TV.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:58 pm

Apparently Meltzer gave the tag 3.25 stars and the IC 2.5.

I'd say I'm not miles off that. In retrospect, I could see giving the tag half a star more. But I don't think the IC was a complete dud, just really, really average.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:59 pm

Prometheus wrote:Apparently Meltzer gave the tag 3.25 stars and the IC 2.5.

I'd say I'm not miles off that.  In retrospect, I could see giving the tag half a star more.  But I don't think the IC was a complete dud, just really, really average.

Yeah I thought Meltzer was crazily lenient when I saw those as well.

If that's average I don't want to watch wrestling any more because I will spend the rest of my time fearing actually having to sit through a bad match. I can't remember a match that made me want to turn off more.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:22 pm

Did you have a podcast last week to discuss EC?

All I can say in my lenient marking defence is that I spent a large chunk of yesterday and today watching New Japan, which put me in a good mood.

Do you think there will be another EC? And, do you think the PG era waters down the EC too much? Also, is there any hope for the IC?
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:32 pm

I think they did enough to put over the LD's high flying and quick nature. It looks a division now, and one that doesnt desperately need Enzo and Cass, which is good as they need honing. With Harper and Rowan back together (and called The Reapers, I believe) they will be an excellent addition, and the Usos will return in a few months. I'd love them to put someone decent with Ryder for a while and get a buzz going there.

It also means Kidd and Cesaro won't be so sorely missed. And a Cesaro/Joe feud could actually happen.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:15 pm

Crimey wrote:Ambrose probably has the most limited move set in WWE currently though. I assume he is capable of a lot more, but he essentially has three moves altogether and it means he ends up doing the same moves a lot.
I wouldn't claim to have seen a lot of Jon Moxley, but this is essentially what WWE reduce most of their wrestlers to, particularly at the top of the card.

It's easy to call Cena on his 5 moves of doom, but I find WWE limits their wrestlers. I just think it's another example of how dumb they think their audience is that the casual fan has to see those moves each time. Ambrose coming back out of the ropes feels like this generation's teeth-achingly annoying 619 set up.

So yeah, I think we've seen enough of Ambrose in the main event that we can call his spots before he hits them, but hey if that can happen to Daniel Bryan it'll happen to everyone.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2