The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Instant Elimination Chamber Reaction

+24
davidl1061
Samo
NickisBHAFC
TheCultOfPersonality
DonIffy
A Fine Folk.
Chuck-Norris
Gregers
hodge
Kay Fabe
sodhat
Mr H
Beer
uberkiwi
Ent
I Blame Coco
Celtic Warrior
The Awesome Giz
ADMIN
Crimey
Statto00
DDT
Good Golly I'm Olly
UpsideDownFace
28 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Instant Elimination Chamber Reaction Empty Instant Elimination Chamber Reaction

Post by UpsideDownFace Mon 20 Feb 2012, 3:52 am

Not going into any detail as it's now bed time. No wonder it was on sky sports, it was awful. What were your thoughts? Only good thing for me was Santino's run. Obviously he wasn't going to win but it was the only highlight for me. The ambulance match was rubbish, the PG era has ruined what are meant to be brutal gimmick matches.

Really annoyed that I stopped up for it.

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Instant Elimination Chamber Reaction Empty Re: Instant Elimination Chamber Reaction

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 20 Feb 2012, 3:55 am

Pointless ending to the Ambulance match. No Rock or Ryder??? Why was it last then?? The PPV is called Elimination Chamber not Ambulance Atorcities.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Instant Elimination Chamber Reaction Empty Re: Instant Elimination Chamber Reaction

Post by UpsideDownFace Mon 20 Feb 2012, 3:59 am

Agree completely, you'd think that with it being last, they'd have something big planned, but no. Couple of throws into the side of the ambulance, couple of steel stair shots. Rubbish chokeslam through the announce table. Back up to the ambulance, climb on top, aa into somewhere we couldn't even see. Done. Dragged out over half an hour, are you kidding me?!

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Mon 20 Feb 2012, 5:03 am

I actually enjoyed the ppv overall despite the ending being poor. I thought both Chamber matches were brilliant, particularly the SD one. I know I was against Santino in the chamber beforehand, but I must admit he won me over with his performance.

The Great Khali being in it realy wound me up though, it was clear they didn't want him involved hence why he was eliminated after a minute, so why couldn't Swagger or even Drew McCantyre have taken that spot.

The Ambulance match was the same old sh1t that we've had to put up with now for 8 years, from that <insert most offensive swear word> Cena. I've just had enough I hate the guy with a passion, wwe had to ruin what was a very good ppv with yet another Cena superman show.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by Statto00 Mon 20 Feb 2012, 7:12 am

My instant response:
WWE Title fight - good, not amazing. Felt like it dragged in parts.
Divas - they wrestled (I think).
Laurinitis promo - a good job of extending a storyline. Nice.
WHC fight - top quality from five of the competitors (yes, even Show).
Backstage SD skit - predictable
Swag/Gab - filler.
Cena/Kane - awful.

It looks like they're lining up for a Laurinitis v Long feud, which will be interesting to see how they play that out... particularly with some HHH involvement.

Statto00

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 20 Feb 2012, 7:17 am

Why did a Natalya fart skit get into a pay per view? Does ANYBODY find them funny?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon 20 Feb 2012, 7:36 am

I managed to stay up the Laurenititus section and then gave up. I thought that the show must be overall very poor in quality for the amount of filler segments they'd already wedged into it.
Have to say I made the right choice of sleep over wrestling.
For only 6 weeks to go and what there was 3 matches that have any direct impact on Wrestlemania on the card, the two Elimination Chamber matches and the Ambulance match which in itself failed to build on anything for Mania, no Rock, no Ryder, so was it just to show Cena is currently still a face and he may not turn heel after all?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Mon 20 Feb 2012, 8:34 am

Sounds like again we had our hopes raised for nothing. The match winners were predictable and the matches poor.

At least the next PPV generally doesn't disappoint, that said after last years Wrestlemania thats fairly easy to do.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Mon 20 Feb 2012, 9:45 am

The only thing I can see happening with the Ambulance match is Kane coming in and saying he made Cena snap. He hit that shot with the steel steps and looked like he enjoyed it. He goaded Kane to climbing on top of the Ambulance to deliver the AA when he could just as easily have performed it on the concerte beside the ambulance.

So will Kane come back and claim the moral victory and state that Cena is finally starting to let hate dictate his actions?

Doubt that would work though because he was still standing smiling and doing his best Superman Cena impression at the end.

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by I Blame Coco Mon 20 Feb 2012, 9:51 am

I did quite enjoy the promo of Cena in the gym with the FCW guys. Though maybe it should have been shown on a Raw rather than a PPV.

I Blame Coco

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 20 Feb 2012, 10:11 am

I Blame Coco wrote:I did quite enjoy the promo of Cena in the gym with the FCW guys. Though maybe it should have been shown on a Raw rather than a PPV.

It would be of interest to a wrestling fan but it didn't do anything to hype the match in my opinion.

I know cena lifts weights, why would that make me want to pay for wm?

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by uberkiwi Mon 20 Feb 2012, 10:51 am

Ive recorded this with the intention of not reading spoilers, but its a really slow boring day at work.

I think im not going to bother, you guys are usually on the ball with your views and this sounds bloody awful. Honestly couldnt give a crap about most/any of the storylines now - is this the last PPV before mania, or am I missing one?

It it is, to the use the generic internet blurb - 'meh'.

uberkiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:07 am

Santino for World Champ.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:15 am

What gets me most annoyed is that going into Mania we have Punk and Danielson as the World Champions.

Who could have seen that a year ago? The two indy wetdreams.
Yet still WWE are failing to make it exciting.
Everything justs seems a total afterthought past Cena v Rock & HHH v Taker.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:24 am

What happened to Jericho? Is he injured?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:26 am

Think it's storyline only.

I thought he might win the chamber last night and have Punk chase him into Mania, rather than the other way around.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:39 am

Santino was great last night, really got the crowd going and looked genuinely excited to be in a World Championship match. Quite enjoyed his Rocky style warm up videos throughout the night.

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:40 am

Looked like a worked injury, that unconcious face was from the Cena school of acting

I don't really get Jericho

He came back on the 2nd of January and the World as we know it was never going to be the same again, he came in to zero effect

The end of the World as we know it was going to happen at The Rumble but nothing happened again

He was going to prove he is the best in the World and win the WWE title at the Chamber, he didn't

All that happened is the guy who also claims to be the best lasted from the first bell, he beat two guys and knocked out Jericho to the point he couldn't continue

Can somebody tell me why we should be interested in a Punk/Jericho match at Mania? I just don't know what Jericho is supposed to bring to this party

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:47 am

I know gaffer, really jericho should have come in first and eliminated 2-3 people before being knocked out with punk also getting 2 pins.

At least then Jericho could believably claim he was the best.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:47 am

He brings a flashing jacket.

Its the best thing about this whole angle. When they had the debate it was brilliant. Everyone is stood there, all serious, trying to get the best lines in and you see Jericho stood there with his jacket still flashing.

I genuinely thought Santino would get taken out, and never thought he would make the last 2. Reading on Twitter there were a few people saying Santion carried Bryan during their spell. Not bad for a supposed 'comedy wrestler'.

Also saw a comment from someone who is pretty spot on with predictions is that it will be ADR v Randy Orton, with the winners GM getting control of both shows.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:53 am

the-gaffer wrote:Looked like a worked injury, that unconcious face was from the Cena school of acting

I don't really get Jericho

He came back on the 2nd of January and the World as we know it was never going to be the same again, he came in to zero effect

The end of the World as we know it was going to happen at The Rumble but nothing happened again

He was going to prove he is the best in the World and win the WWE title at the Chamber, he didn't

All that happened is the guy who also claims to be the best lasted from the first bell, he beat two guys and knocked out Jericho to the point he couldn't continue

Can somebody tell me why we should be interested in a Punk/Jericho match at Mania? I just don't know what Jericho is supposed to bring to this party

It's okay...another feud revealed itself for him last night.

During the Divas match Beth started shouting "ASK HER!" in Jericho "ASK HIM" style. So he's going to go after the Divas title because she is just another Jericho wannabe. That could result in the return of Santina Marella and that has all kinds of WIN written all over it. (Not really)

Celtic Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 20 Feb 2012, 12:02 pm

Santino was the star of the show, knew he wouldn't win but by the time it came down to the final two he was more over than he'd have ever expected to be so it was a massive success for him, the crowd love him and his underdog style, if only they'd give him a believable submission finisher that he can lock in from out of nowhere to get shock unexpected victories to make him more legitimate

Said this the other day, Santino just gets it, he knows how to make the fans care, that's the most important part of Pro Wrestling

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by uberkiwi Mon 20 Feb 2012, 12:06 pm

If he dropped the cobra, and became a little more serious (dont drop the whole gimmick) he'd actually be quite believable. I dont actually mind watching him wrestle when hes given the chance.

uberkiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 20 Feb 2012, 12:07 pm

A match for control of RAW/SD! would be a great angle, I like that, would rather it was Christian vs Orton though as both deserve a big Mania match and Christian is due a big PPV win, also with Orton fighting (and losing) Teddy's corner it will give Johnny Ace legitimate reason not to like him as he would be trying to win it for Teddy, could lead to a decent storyline for Orton that allows him to be a big focal point without being involved in the WHC scene

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 20 Feb 2012, 12:09 pm

uberkiwi wrote:If he dropped the cobra, and became a little more serious (dont drop the whole gimmick) he'd actually be quite believable. I dont actually mind watching him wrestle when hes given the chance.

I don't mind the Cobra as such, I just never want to see him beat anyone with it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by uberkiwi Mon 20 Feb 2012, 12:15 pm

Use it as sort of a people's elbow, worm, you cant see me sort of move? Id buy that - but you're right as a finisher its just ridiculous.

uberkiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Mon 20 Feb 2012, 12:15 pm

I half enjoyed Santino, it was fun to watch and all, but for him to eliminate Rhodes and Barrett, two of the biggest heels on the show I feel went too far, wouldn't have been bad if Bryan had eliminated them and Santino ended up in the final two, but the way they were eliminated didn't do anything for them. Also how long he survived in the labell lock, where most other people tap in under half that time.

If he was actually given a consistent decent level I wouldn't mind Santino as much but for him to do nothing most weeks and barely get a win, to eliminating two of SD's supposed best and being final two in the chamber goes a bit far for me.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 20 Feb 2012, 12:25 pm

But it's perfect build up?

Nobody would've given Santino a chance. A good portion of people would've expected him to get taken out..... but then he pins a top heel, and then a roll up on another and for a second you think 'holy ****, Santino COULD win this'. The crowd love him and instantly buy into it.

I watched the main event of SD! for the first time in months and it was easily the best atmosphere i've heard in a while and given the participants that's pretty impressive.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 20 Feb 2012, 12:39 pm

Don't know how anyone could argue that Cody Rhodes didn't come out of this looking well, he destroyed The Big Show and eliminated him, he was caught showboating for his own elimination

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 20 Feb 2012, 12:39 pm

Thought ec was a pretty good ppv if I'm honest. Both chamber matches were good and Santino is set to be huge, his POP last night was Cena/Orton level.

Ziggler is the next hbk on bumping ability.
Dives match showed women's wrestling still has a part to play.

6/10 from me

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck-Norris Mon 20 Feb 2012, 12:44 pm

Didn't really care for the PPV that much.

Silly backstage antics really have no place on a PPV card.

What was the point in the Great Khali, couldn't a sensible opponent been found like Drew McIntyre?
The ending to Raw was poor IMO
The Cena/Kane match was remarkably average
It's a bad day when Santino is the highlight of a PPV

Chuck-Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Mon 20 Feb 2012, 12:47 pm

Anyone think Drew will end up on Teddy's side against Lauraunitis before turning on him for the constant suspensions/firing thing?

It's a sign of how far his stock has fallen; I remember watching EC last year and thinking he was one of the best participants in it.

Celtic Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 20 Feb 2012, 12:56 pm

It's a good shout although there are far to many heels in the mid-upper card, if he's going to get a chance I think he'll need to be a face

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Mon 20 Feb 2012, 1:00 pm

It wouldn't really make that much impact and it's a fair shout about him ending up obscured by all the other heels, but it's not as if he's making a name for himself as it stands. It wouldn't be the same as a huge name turning...but it makes sense from a storyline point of view.

Celtic Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Mon 20 Feb 2012, 1:45 pm

Although they did probably go over board with Santino, I thought it worked. He didn't eliminate Rhodes or Barrett cleanly, he eliminated Rhodes with a lucky roll up, when Rhodes was show boating, and he eliminated Barrett after Bryan had done the damage.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 20 Feb 2012, 2:53 pm

Santino was a made man last night, regardless of the iwc's opinion he looked a million bucks last night overcame Barrett and Cody and when he hit the cobra on Bryan he had the crowd eating out of his palm. If MITB is at Wrestlemania I believe he is the new favourite.

Santino Marella is money in the bank quality. And could well be the next big face.

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by A Fine Folk. Mon 20 Feb 2012, 3:06 pm

I was very surprised Big Show got eliminated was it second? and was very much expecting him to cause an aftermath after he got eliminated; but glad he didn't.
Agree it really didn't make a lot of sense for Jericho to come out last if he wasn't going to win the title.
Kofi had a good run which I like and that walls of jericho on him looks absolutely brutal!
Cody did come out looking very strong even though eliminated by Santino.

A Fine Folk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 20 Feb 2012, 3:23 pm

A Fine Folk. wrote:I was very surprised Big Show got eliminated was it second? and was very much expecting him to cause an aftermath after he got eliminated; but glad he didn't.
Agree it really didn't make a lot of sense for Jericho to come out last if he wasn't going to win the title.
Kofi had a good run which I like and that walls of jericho on him looks absolutely brutal!
Cody did come out looking very strong even though eliminated by Santino.

Thought Miz looked really brutal too, does intense very well IMO.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by DonIffy Mon 20 Feb 2012, 3:27 pm

Am just happy the Road to Wrestlemania is truly underway now.

DonIffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Mon 20 Feb 2012, 3:40 pm

There was one moment I thought Kofi had botched...mainly due to the awesome selling ability of Ziggler. (Let's face it, wouldn't be the first Kofi botch of all time...)

Kofi pretty much appeared to drop him on his head on the join of the platform between 2 chamber pods. Ziggler didn't move at all for about 2-3 minutes. Much more believable than the Jericho spot.

Celtic Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCultOfPersonality Mon 20 Feb 2012, 3:43 pm

*5th Post*

Raw Chamber - Okay, nothing special. Kofi looked good, that's about it.

Divas Match - Much better than previous matches, although the dead crowd totally ruined the match. Nonetheless, solid performance from both ladies.

Segment - Ok. Building towards a Team Long vs Team Laryngitis match. Bitter sweet moment when Christian came out as it was good seeing him, but wanted him in a much bigger role for Mania.

Smackdown Chamber - much better than the Raw won, which is weird considering the star power. However, both Show and Santino looked good, Santino fired up the crowd while Show's spot with Bryan was something different.

Swagger vs Gabriel - yeah, whatever.

John Cena vs Kane - your conventional brawl. Slow paced, the two don't have great chemistry. Bad way to finish the show, quite dull.

Overall, the PPV was OK, nothing special like I said before. Like "DonIffy" said, at least the road to Wrestlemania is truly underway now.

TheCultOfPersonality

Back to top Go down

Post by A Fine Folk. Mon 20 Feb 2012, 3:48 pm

kind of interesting that Khali got pinned by a Big Show spear, Big Show after an elbow for Wade Barrett, Cody by a roll-up and Wade Barrett by a Daniel Bryan head butt.
None of them are their so called 'finishing moves'

A Fine Folk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Mon 20 Feb 2012, 3:57 pm

I dunno...I think a spear from a guy like Show SHOULD be enough to finish a match off if he connects right.

Celtic Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 20 Feb 2012, 5:48 pm

A very poor ppv it has to be said. To think i was worried i would miss it when on the way back from a poor fa cup display in Liverpool.

The 2 chamber matches wernt acctually too bad but when you say the best thing about them was Santino that speaks for itself.

CM Punk vs Chris Jericho
Daniel Bryan vs Shaemus
They are the 2 matches looking set for mania.

John Cena vs Kane was a poor match. So im guessing Kane will be out till after Mania? Or move him to Smackdown. Either way the feud with Cena must come to an end.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 20 Feb 2012, 6:00 pm

I really don't see how Jericho/Punk was built for Mania last night, Jericho was the freshest guy in the match yet he was the only one who couldn't finish, this best in the World gimmick has a lot to answer for

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 20 Feb 2012, 6:12 pm

the-gaffer wrote:this best in the World gimmick has a lot to answer for

Maybe they can build the fued around that? Jericho now has a lot to prove, and where better than Mania? Have Punk refuse his challenge until he has proven himself.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Mon 20 Feb 2012, 6:23 pm

Jericho will say that he was never pinned and therefore didnt lose last night. I thought both elimination chamber matches were ok but not great.
I fast forwarded through the Cena Kane match to see who would win even though it was obvious!

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 20 Feb 2012, 7:11 pm

I know what Jericho will say but at the end of the day he would have been pinned if he stayed in the cage, he was out cold for about 10 minutes, he was the last out the pod and was the only guy who couldn't walk out, that doersn't scream best to me

As for building a feud around the Best In The World gimmick, Punks the Champ, that should be the focal point of the match going into a WrestleMania World Title match in my opinion

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 20 Feb 2012, 7:54 pm

Few rumours that Vince might nix the planned Punk/Jericho match but creative have been told to keep it as an option.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Mon 20 Feb 2012, 8:25 pm

Positives:

1. Santino and the crowd's reaction to his wonderful performence in the Chamber, I actually think he is quite a good wrestler, and I think he would be an excellent IC champ, as seen previously.
2. SD chamber despite the names was probably better than the Raw one. Barrett and Cody were superb and Cody getting the pin on Show highlights that creative may be beginning to push him a bit more over the next year. Barrett looked extremely strong in the match, dominating the last three. Bryan retaining was also a bonus.
3. The Miz and Ziggler were excellent in the chamber for two different reasons. The Miz looked superb with his aggressive nature, whilst Ziggler is as someone else eluded too earlier, HBK in the making for the way he sells. He really sold the beating he took last night, especially when it looked like he was genuinely hurt when he didn't move for 5mins, had me fooled anyway.
4. Christian and Del Rio returning
5. Beth I thought was excellent, really is a talented wrestler, really hope they move Natalya away from her ridiculous farting gimmick because those two could really put on a good match.

Negatives:

1. Raw chamber first and the fact that the ambulance match was last was absurd. The PPV is called elimination chamber yet it isn't the main event, WOW.
2. The Ambulance match. Haven't seen it yet as I went too sleep at that point but from the sounds of things it was slow, poor quality with it not having any outside interference at all. Surely if its last you have The Rock, Ryder or Eve involved in some way rather than just a clean Cena win. Did nothing to build for the Mania match.
3. Khali-Not going to state the obvious.
4. The US title match, why wasn't Swagger in the SD chamber??
5. Botches-Some obvious ones last night, which is quite surprising to see these days. I know mistakes happen but last night I picked up on quite a few (pretty obvious ones too).
6. JL segment, was crying out for a face or someone to return with everyone in the ring, maybe not.
7. Crowd. In fairness they didn't have much to shout about until Santino but you could tell they were witnessing a pretty poor PPV when the divas match came on and you could hear a pin drop. I know it was a divas match but in all of the other matches they were pretty quiet.

Overall a dissapointing PPV, creative had so many options available to them yet don't seem to take them. We come on here all week and come up with some real good ideas, Gaffer, H and Samo often come up with some good angles, yet the E are oblivious to these exiting options to pursue. Who are they employing???

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next