The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4

+19
Union Cane
Azzy
The Boss
rIck_dAgless
Mad for Chelsea
Stella
1GrumpyGolfer
Dolphin Ziggler
Hammersmith harrier
Galted
jbeadlesbigrighthand
compelling and rich
Hero
superflyweight
JuliusHMarx
ShahenshahG
Adam D
Rowley
Mind the windows Tino.
23 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

WHAT IS THE GREATEST FILM TO HAVE INCLUDED THE ACADEMY AWARD WINNERS FOR EITHER BEST ACTOR OR ACTRESS?

Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 7 Vote_lcap2%Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 7 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 7 Vote_lcap12%Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 7 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 5 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 7 Vote_lcap0%Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 7 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 7 Vote_lcap0%Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 7 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 7 Vote_lcap7%Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 7 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 7 Vote_lcap5%Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 7 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 7 Vote_lcap2%Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 7 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 7 Vote_lcap7%Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 7 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 7 Vote_lcap20%Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 7 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 8 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 7 Vote_lcap15%Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 7 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 6 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 7 Vote_lcap12%Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 7 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 5 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 41

Poll closed

Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 7 Empty Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu May 28, 2015 5:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

Round 3 of the Culture Cup 2.0 draws to an end, and what an exciting round it wasn’t.  One can always tell when a thread is going badly when it resorts to puns to keep it going.  The big winner of round 3 was our resident champion and obvious culture vulture, Hero, who bagged another full house of points with The Colour Of Magic.  I’ve not read it so can’t comment on whether it’s any good, but the general consensus of the thread is that it’s not even Pratchett’s best work so perhaps a lucky win for Hero.  Paul scooped up another solid haul of 8 points with the BFG.  I have read that.  I liked it.  Preferred The Witches though.  Perhaps the biggest surprise was Sean picking up 8 points for Lord Of The Flies.  This is the guy who rates Independence Day in his top 3 films.  I don’t think he has read the book, but has almost certainly sh*gged numerous members of William Golding’s extended family.  Male and female.  Solid round for C&R, GrumpyG*lfer and, significantly, Jeff who has streaked away from his arch rival Gordon Strachan superfly with his Adrian Mole nomination.  There is a lesson here, Jeff.  Stop lying about how cultured you are with your usual pompous picks and chose stuff you actually have read/heard/watched.  Look how well your belated honesty has served you in this round.  A few non-scorers again with weeman, Ray Mears and Union Cane all failing to register a vote.  Jules had his 2.0 hymen smashed in by Voltaire and finally troubles the scorers.  Galted failed to muster a single vote (well, apart from the 2 cruel bastards who voted then snatched them away again) and remains on nil points.  The only upside for him is that he is underneath a massive pile of men.  Again.  Happy days, Galted, happy days.

The updated league looks like this:

1: Hero  26 pts
2: Paul  20 pts
3: Harrier  16 pts
4: Trebs  14 pts
5: Ziggler  13 pts
6: Adam  12 pts
7: C&R  12 pts
8: SerialDAVE  9 pts
9: The Boss  9 pts
10: Azzy  8 pts
11: Nakatomi  8 pts
12: Jeff  8 pts
13: GrumpyG*lfer 8 pts
14: Michaels  8 pts
16: Shah  7 pts
17: Beadle  6 pts
18: Weeman  5 pts
19: superfly   4 pts
20: Union Cane  3 pts
21: Dagless  3 pts
22: Julius  2 pts
23: Stella  2 pts
24: Galted  0 pts

Round 4 brings us back to films so please see the poll and cast your votes.

THE POLL IS OPEN FOR ALL OF 606v2 TO VOTE.

Thanks.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 7 Empty Re: Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:08 pm

Trebs wrote:Ill do mine at lunch

Big decision, Trebs?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:34 pm

Am I likely to get either of my top 2? Joke could backfire.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:52 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Am I likely to get either of my top 2? Joke could backfire.

You'll just have to wait and see.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:54 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Am I likely to get either of my top 2? Joke could backfire.

You'll get more votes than me me I promise you.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:05 pm

I'll vote for yours Jeff. I'm assuming it's the eponymous debut LP by H. P. Lovecraft.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:15 pm

I'll be interested to see if Jeff sticks to his principles. Someone further up the list than him has his original 1st pick.

I wonder if he will vote for it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:42 pm

I have always voted for my pick that is the highest one up from the one I have got.

(sounds like the start  of a sh1t riddle)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:04 pm

Done.

I've sent two picks, I'm not sure if I need more being bottom Sad

Are compilation debut albums allowed? i.e. Now That's what I call music?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:10 pm

Trebs wrote:Done.

I've sent two picks, I'm not sure if I need more being bottom Sad

Are compilation debut albums allowed? i.e. Now That's what I call music?

You aren't actually bottom, Trebs. I got a bit over excited with the cutting and pasting and chopped a few people off. You're actually on top of Nakatomi, The Boss and Dagless. Which I'm sure they'll all enjoy.

No to the compilations.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:14 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I'll vote for yours Jeff. I'm assuming it's the eponymous debut LP by H. P. Lovecraft.

I have obviously gone for the debut album by improvisational jazz genius Sun Ra.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:27 pm

Tino wrote:You aren't actually bottom, Trebs. I got a bit over excited with the cutting and pasting and chopped a few people off. You're actually on top of Nakatomi, The Boss and Dagless. Which I'm sure they'll all enjoy.

F**k you Tino

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:32 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Reminder for the stragglers.

WHAT IS THE GREATEST EVER DEBUT ALBUM?

Still need picks from the following -

Shah Abu-bakr
GrumpyG*lfer
dancingweeman
Sean
Union Cane
Harrier
Hero
Trebs

Thanks.

They are flooding in now.

Just waiting on Harrier, G*lfer and Hook Hand Hamza now.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:39 pm

Rowley wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:I'll vote for yours Jeff. I'm assuming it's the eponymous debut LP by H. P. Lovecraft.

I have obviously gone for the debut album by improvisational jazz genius Sun Ra.

The everliving?

Thunder-thunder-thunder cats are go!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:41 pm

Shah will have Shir HaShirim Besha'ashu'im (Song Of Songs with Fun) by Ofra Haza

Harrier will have Curb by Nickleback

And Golfer will have something sh!t by Keane or Razorlight

Can we crack on now.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:44 pm

Rowley wrote:Shah will have Shir HaShirim Besha'ashu'im (Song Of Songs with Fun) by Ofra Haza

Can we crack on now.

It's NICKELBACK, actually.

For once, I am reasonably organised as well. I am, quite literally, ready to post the thread once I get them in. I've got it all set up to go.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:58 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Reminder for the stragglers.

WHAT IS THE GREATEST EVER DEBUT ALBUM?

Still need picks from the following -

Shah Abu-bakr
GrumpyG*lfer
dancingweeman
Sean
Union Cane
Harrier
Hero
Trebs

Thanks.

They are flooding in now.

Just waiting on Harrier, G*lfer and Hook Hand Hamza now.

Shah has got his in. It was attached to a rucksack, but at least I've got it.

Just Harrier and G*lfer.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:01 pm

Ahem

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:10 pm

Now the G*lfer has deposited his pick in my private box.

Come on Harrier, lad. Get yours in.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:16 pm

Rowley wrote:Shah will have Shir HaShirim Besha'ashu'im (Song Of Songs with Fun) by Ofra Haza

Can we crack on now.

Rowleys still upset that he came 7th on your funniest poster list Tino he's tried so bad it's good jokes now he's trying to outsean sean. Just put him out of his misery and put him first so he can return to the normal herbal essence rubbish he's famed for.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:24 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:

Can we crack on now.

Rowleys still upset that he came 7th on your funniest poster list Tino he's tried so bad it's good jokes now he's trying to outsean sean. Just put him out of his misery and put him first so he can return to the normal herbal essence rubbish he's famed for.

It wasn't a 'funniest poster' list it was just my 'favourite' poster list. He wouldn't have been as high as 7th if it was 'funniest'. Maybe just have broken the top 20.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:31 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:

Can we crack on now.

It wasn't a 'funniest poster' list it was just my 'favourite' poster list.  He wouldn't have been as high as 7th if it was 'funniest'.  Maybe just have broken the top 20.

Just imagine what you've done Tino with that callous remark. It's not enough that TSMR'S subjected to imprisonment now she'll be subjected to a bubble covered rowley singing 'I will survive' into the shower head

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:40 pm

Be fair Shah, how many other posters on here would have been able to name a middle eastern singer? At least I put some effort and research into my insults.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:41 pm

Sorry Tino, will do mine now.

Last edited by Hammersmith harrier on Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:43 pm

Rowley wrote:Be fair Shah, how many other posters on here would have been able to name a middle eastern singer? At least I put some effort and research into my insults.

I admired your research but it merely served to highlight the determination with which you've tried to move up that list

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:48 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Sorry Tino, will do mine now.

Dave will be gutted that you've recanted your plea for his affection and will probably mutlilate and decapitate you

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:49 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
Rowley wrote:Be fair Shah, how many other posters on here would have been able to name a middle eastern singer? At least I put some effort and research into my insults.

I admired your research but it merely served to highlight the determination with which you've tried to move up that list

His list means little to me now. Galted loves me, that is more important to me.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:51 pm

Wasn't freddie mercury of camel jockey heritage?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:54 pm

Bulgarian I believe Sean, might want to check though, am not 100% on that.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:55 pm

It's backfired on me, my first choice and greatest album of all time has already been taken, left with the sore thumb.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:57 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:It's backfired on me, my first choice and greatest album of all time has already been taken, left with the sore thumb.

Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 7 2576776

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:58 pm

Rowley wrote:Bulgarian I believe Sean, might want to check though, am not 100% on that.

Farrokh Bulsara
5 September 1946
Stone Town, Sultanate of Zanzibar (now Tanzania)

His brother bought my mates' Dad's house for £1.1million in about 95/96

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:59 pm

Adam D wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:It's backfired on me, my first choice and greatest album of all time has already been taken, left with the sore thumb.

Culture Cup 2.0 Round 4 - Page 7 2576776
That's not why his thumb's sore

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:03 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Rowley wrote:Bulgarian I believe Sean, might want to check though, am not 100% on that.

Farrokh Bulsara
5 September 1946
Stone Town, Sultanate of Zanzibar (now Tanzania)

His brother bought my mates' Dad's house for £1.1million in about 95/96

You were thinking of his great uncle, Jeff.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:13 pm

It's up. Round 5. In Music.

Edam/Hero - can you please move it global.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7