The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

West Indies v England 1st Test - Antigua

+22
Hammersmith harrier
CaledonianCraig
GSC
Gooseberry
ShahenshahG
dummy_half
kingraf
Mat
robbo277
Mad for Chelsea
NickisBHAFC
VTR
shivfan
Hoggy_Bear
msp83
guildfordbat
Mike Selig
Stella
Duty281
alfie
Good Golly I'm Olly
sirfredperry
26 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

West Indies v England 1st Test - Antigua  - Page 9 Empty West Indies v England 1st Test - Antigua

Post by sirfredperry Mon 13 Apr 2015, 2:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

WI win toss and decide to field. Not sure why. This "exploit early life in the pitch" thing is really overplayed. Feel England would have batted had they won the toss. Lot of pressure on Cook now.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

West Indies v England 1st Test - Antigua  - Page 9 Empty Re: West Indies v England 1st Test - Antigua

Post by Gooseberry Sat 18 Apr 2015, 10:19 pm

KP_fan wrote:
Hoggy_Bear wrote:Don't see how Cook being dropped (if it happens) hastens Pietersen's return. Is KP going to open?

may be root will or bell might or ballance might or none of them might and eng play only 4 bowlers to accommodate KP......that's not my problem to fit the pieces.
I stated as I see it...Cook is a major hurdle int he way of KP's return now that Downton is gone

Not as big a one as strauss might be if he gets the new post, not to mention Moores, Broad and Anderson. Cook himself is nowhere near getting dropped, if for no other reason than other openers failing to justify a spot. Ditching him for the world cup proved to be a mistake, england wont be rushed into that again by KPs mates at Sky

4 bowlers isnt on the cards for england currently, they cant take 20 wickets with 5. Their strength is in middle order batsmen and all rounders, i that context there isnt ant great need for KP in this format.

Add to that hes scored exactly how many run in the CC so far? Talking about his selection is more than just getting a bit ahead of the game.

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

West Indies v England 1st Test - Antigua  - Page 9 Empty Re: West Indies v England 1st Test - Antigua

Post by Gooseberry Sun 19 Apr 2015, 6:49 pm

KPs 19 on a flat wicket in div 2 of the CC today makes his return inevitable. The chorus grows,. Tumbleweed

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9