The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poss Title News for Mania

+5
TwisT
Kay Fabe
Prometheus
Samo
VDT
9 posters

Go down

Poss Title News for Mania  Empty Poss Title News for Mania

Post by VDT Wed 18 Mar 2015, 6:54 am

- WWE World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar is reportedly close to signing a new deal with WWE, according to talk going around at Tuesday’s SmackDown tapings. Reddit user MetsFan4Ever, who has broke several WWE stories in the past, notes that word at SmackDown was that with the lack of popularity that Roman Reigns has received as of late, Triple H is pushing Vince McMahon on the idea of keeping the title on Lesnar.

If Lesnar does retain at WrestleMania 31, it would likely mean a continued “special attraction schedule” for him. Triple H has recently been big on the idea that the Intercontinental Title and the United States Title should be important and mean something again. The plan, if Brock retains is to put the US Title on John Cena and the IC Title on Daniel Bryan.

The idea is that two top stars, Cena and Bryan, could bring legitimacy to the titles. Also, while Lesnar is gone, Cena and Bryan can main event RAW, SmackDown and all other events with titles on the top of the card.

It was noted that a lot can change between now and WrestleMania but this is just one of the many ideas that are being talked about.
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Poss Title News for Mania  Empty Re: Poss Title News for Mania

Post by Samo Wed 18 Mar 2015, 8:43 am

If they are going to keep the title on Lesnar then Reigns needs to look strong as Frak coming out of it. Theres no point in him just losing otherwise all the build up was for nothing. If they sell enough of a story that Lesnar threw everything he had at Reigns and was still barely able to keep him down I'd be fine with it.

The problem with Lesnar being a 'special attraction' again is where it leaves Rollins. He only has three PPV's after Mania to cash in, so does he cash in on Lesnar one night or on who ever beats Lesnar? Or does he insert himself into a PPV match? Or could he even not cash in and then win the new MitB contract? Raises a lot of possible scenarios.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 18 Mar 2015, 10:13 am

I've thought for a good while that Brock isn't going anywhere and will walk out of Mania with the title.

As a viewer of WWE, I'm delighted if this happens. I know that he will only wrestle 3 - 4 times a year, but I feel I'm going to get something very good when he does.

If I were WWE I'd still be scratching my head wondering how this works. I put 2 + 2 together on the rumoured Tap Out sponsorship deal before and maybe that's a way that Brock can pay for himself via merchandise. Because he's not going to add anything to house show numbers or Raw viewers.

So, WWE has to figure out better (IMO) how to use this "special attraction" to increase the Network numbers, if Brock is to earn his keep. I don't think there's any real link between his PPVs and the Network subscriptions jumping.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 18 Mar 2015, 1:10 pm

I'm pretty sure Brock will re-sign but equally positive they'll use the soonest opportunity possible to get the belt off him, it was a good idea and its been successful to an extent but the whole notion of not being able to use the Champion or the Championship has run its course.

I kinda like the idea of a Sheild reunion after Lesnar beats Reigns, align them with the Authority, that way they can get Big Show and Kane out of the equation, get rid of J & J and make the  Authority a more exclusive club.

Reigns can then have proper time to truly better himself, give him feuds with the likes of Sting, Orton, Cena and even later down the line with Brock Lesnar, maybe this time next year he'll be up against Taker

it also take the pressure off needing to put him in World Title matches if Seth has it, this then also allows the most over face on the roster (Daniel Bryan) the chance to take centre stage again going up against an Authority backed Champ

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 18 Mar 2015, 1:33 pm

They could do some kind of crazy triple turn, with Reigns siding with Heyman to win, and Rollins cashing in right after. Lesnar and Rollins both turn babyface and Reigns turns heel. Reigns and Rollins could feud until say, Payback, where Reigns wins the belt back and takes out Rollins somehow. On RAW the next night Reigns and Heyman are cutting a promo about how now they've got rid of Rollins and issue an open challenge to the next guy who thinks they can beat Reigns. Thats when Lesnars music hits.

The crowd would go nuts, saves Lesnar and makes his appearances still be sparce enough to really matter, and helps get Reigns over by siding him with Heyman. You can then start building towards Lesnar vs Bryan at Summerslam.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 18 Mar 2015, 1:41 pm

I like the idea of them trying to elevate the US and Intercontinental titles. I would give Brock a new contract just to take advantage of this.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 18 Mar 2015, 1:44 pm

Jesus christ. The convoluted nonsense people will put forward just to make sure Reigns isnt champ.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 18 Mar 2015, 1:51 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Jesus christ. The convoluted nonsense people will put forward just to make sure Reigns isnt champ.
You want Jesus Christ involved? 

Now thats convoluted! Are you talking as a heel or face? I would go babyface as most of the crowd will want to like him, what with him being the son of God and all that.

What would his finisher be?

How about:

The Stigmata Driver
Crucifix powerbomb
Jesus Wept (poke to the eye)
Christ on a Bike (mexican surfboard but more Jewish)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 18 Mar 2015, 1:56 pm

The Hail Mary - Kick to the groin that makes them kneel in a praying position

I think big JC is both heel, face and tweener. Appeals to the masses.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 18 Mar 2015, 2:00 pm

He could take over from Undertaker as the guy who does Buried Alive matches.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 18 Mar 2015, 2:02 pm

Iron Man matches last for 40 days and 40 nights. Much like how long a normal episode of RAW feels like it lasts for.

You could have a heel stable of Ponteus Pilate, Judas Iscariot and Colt Cabana

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 18 Mar 2015, 2:19 pm

The Wrestling Nativity Production

God: Mick Foley
Baby Jesus: Daniel Bryan (sans Beard)
Joseph: Bret Hart, trustworthy guy but gullible.
Mary: AJ Lee, looks innocent but clearly a sl*t
The Innkeeper: Zeb Colter (no room for immigrants here!)
Angel Gabriel: HBK ala Wrestlemania 25 entrance
The Three Kings: Jerry the King Lawler, King Booker, HHH - the King of Kings
The Shepherd: Vince McMahon
The Sheep: The WWE Universe
The Donkey: Vince Russo
King Herod: Undertaker ala Ministry of Darkness time

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 18 Mar 2015, 2:20 pm

There could be a three man masked stable called The Holy Trinity, where we only see one of them at any one time.

Then the big reveal comes that all 3 men are actually the same person.

Begs the big question....fiction being represented by fiction???

Cue the Pope coming out and screaming "It's real to me dammit!!!"

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 18 Mar 2015, 2:24 pm

Jesus Christ is Shawn Michaels, isnt he?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 18 Mar 2015, 2:28 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Jesus Christ is Shawn Michaels, isnt he?

He might be, he's the only guy I can recall who's tag teamed with God.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 18 Mar 2015, 10:04 pm

I want Brock Lesnar to re-sign mainly because he is a big reason for me continuing to watch WWE, with CM Punk gone and WWE seemingly set on not using Daniel Bryan in a capacity where it'll be fun to get behind him, Lesnar is the last standing bastion of hope of excitement in WWE for me.

Seth Rollins is okay, Dean Ambrose has potential I guess, Cesaro is fantastic but I've lost hope that WWE are going to recognise that. I don't mind Roman Reigns, but I think the crowd losing interest in him has dulled his impact. Bray Wyatt has become increasingly stale. I don't buy into Dolph Ziggler. 

Brock Lesnar makes WWE worth watching and I would be happy for him to keep the title just because I have loved every minute of his booking since Wrestlemania 30.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down