The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Azzrentice - Trebs, GSC, Miky

+3
Azzy
GSC
Trebs
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Azzrentice - Trebs, GSC, Miky - Page 2 Empty The Azzrentice - Trebs, GSC, Miky

Post by Trebs Mon 16 Mar 2015, 1:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

Right guys, here is the task:

First, I want you to name your teams and give me sound reasoning as to why you have chosen that name. I don't want to hear silly names like 'Team Januzaj the diver' or 'Team Scholes the greatest player ever'. I want a name that you feel represents everything that is great about our game.

Second, you must elect a team manager. Choose wisely, choose effectively.

Finally, the meat of the task. Having dispensed with the veg, you will now sit down and craft me a vision for the future. The future of the global game. I want your teams to give me a strategy for FIFA. A blueprint to the improvement of our game. In 2015 there will be a vote on who will be the next leader of FIFA. I want your team to tell me what its plan would be. It can cover any aspect of football - business, grass roots development, profit sharing, anything - but you must limit ourselves to five points only. I also want an explanation of how you would practically go about implementing your five points, and how you would pay for them.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

The Azzrentice - Trebs, GSC, Miky - Page 2 Empty Re: The Azzrentice - Trebs, GSC, Miky

Post by GSC Wed 18 Mar 2015, 1:44 pm

Ginola wants to be paid by Paddy Power that's about it
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

The Azzrentice - Trebs, GSC, Miky - Page 2 Empty Re: The Azzrentice - Trebs, GSC, Miky

Post by Holymiky Wed 18 Mar 2015, 1:48 pm

This is what Figo is proposing a long with a 48 team World Cup:

-Spreading half of Fifa's $2.5bn revenue over four years to associations to fund grassroots football.
-Redistributing $1bn of Fifa's $1.5bn cash reserves to the 209 national federations.
-Increased use of technology in the game, using sin-bins for unsporting behaviour.
-Reverting back to the previous interpretation of the offside rule, "where a player is judged offside whether directly involved in the play or not".

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Wed 18 Mar 2015, 1:53 pm

Jerome Champagne wants to propose Orange cards for referees to send players to a sin bin as well as the following:

-Quotas for foreign players
-Implementing rugby's rule where only the captain can talk to the referee with a free-kick advanced 10 yards for any dissent
-Abolishing the 'triple punishment' rule where a player who prevents a goalscoring opportunity in the penalty areas concedes a spot-kick, is sent off and also suspended
-All Fifa presidential candidates taking part in live debates on television and in front of the six continental confederations
-Making public the salary of the Fifa president and leading officials

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Wed 18 Mar 2015, 4:31 pm

Good work miky.

I'll also check out how the vote is divided up because we need to make sure we cater points to win votes.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 19 Mar 2015, 1:20 pm

Current main aims
"[FIFA wants] to improve the game of football constantly and promote it globally in the light of its unifying, educational, cultural and humanitarian values, particularly through youth and development programmes".
- Encourage younger players and teens to play
- Amateur football, make it more accessible?
"Organise international football competitions... the FIFA World Cup™. The revenue from this one competition enables us to stage around 30 tournaments every four years, which serve to develop many aspects of the game, from women’s and youth football to beach soccer, futsal and even the Interactive World Cup."
- Futsal, Smaller sided games (5/6/8)
"Football can inspire communities and break down barriers. Football is for all. FIFA believes that everybody has the right to play football free from discrimination or prejudice and we are striving to ensure that this is the case."

FINANCES
2013 Report:
INCOME
88% from events (mainly World Cup)
Sponsors: Adidas, Coca Cola, Hyundai/Kia, Emirates, Sony
OUTGOINGS
Mainly organising fifa world cup - 72% into events.
5% to governers - and 8% to personnel.
Unknown what salary executives take.
Around 4% to 'charitable' refereeing, women's football etc.

$954m was budget but far exceeded to $1,264m (approx 1/4)
Just over $2bn for Russia - why.?

VOTING
209 countires - How to get South African/Asian votes because there are a lot of countries there.. more slots for them in World Cup?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Fri 20 Mar 2015, 1:31 pm

My five points
- More African/Asian teams in WC.
- Sin bin yellow cards.
- Technology - Only for retrospective action, not during game IMO for the time being.
- Increase 'charity' stuff to 10%.
- Increase transparency - Salaries, some sort of independent thing as GSC said earlier.

Anyone disagree/want a different point?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 20 Mar 2015, 2:33 pm

I'm not really convinced by adding more Asian or African teams to the World Cup. Do they add quality?

Any thoughts in moving WC qualis to the summer before. Qualifying is too spread out and often forgettable as a result. Gets clubs back inside as they don't lose players midseason
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Fri 20 Mar 2015, 2:47 pm

I am looking for things that will win votes.

Adding more teams from those continents will make them like us, and there's plenty of poor teams there anyway. Possibly add an extra couple of countries each.

I'll have a think about Wc qualifying in summer.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 23 Mar 2015, 9:05 am

So what's the plan of action for this?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 23 Mar 2015, 9:25 am

I think we should all do 2 points and pick.5 from 6.

Happy to do transparancy and technology tonight
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 23 Mar 2015, 9:52 am

What do we actually need to write on, how we would do it?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Mon 23 Mar 2015, 11:45 am

I agree with gsc do 2 each and pick the top 5.

I'll do african/asian teams in world cup and ´charity'

Miky can you do sin bin yellow cards and i'll confirm a sixth for you.. Any thoughts?

I'd just say a paragraph on how it would be done, why we believe its a good idea. If there's money involved how but there isnt really for any of ours.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 23 Mar 2015, 11:46 am

So yellow cards = sin bin or do you mean orange cards?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Mon 23 Mar 2015, 11:48 am

What does an orange card mean?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 23 Mar 2015, 11:49 am

I'm not sure, I thought that was to punish certain actions in games that we felt was viable for the sin bin?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Mon 23 Mar 2015, 11:51 am

I'm not sure, if you could see which you think is better i will trust your judgement. Can't really check till later as i'm on my phone.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 23 Mar 2015, 11:53 am

I'm not sure mate Im just making sure I write about the correct thing, Im not even sure what would equate to a sin bin punishment?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Mon 23 Mar 2015, 11:57 am

I will have a quick look at lunch for you

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Mon 23 Mar 2015, 12:57 pm

My instinct is to say a sinbin comes with the yellow cards.

Not orange cards.

It has similar advantages to orange cards which you can mention, but also doesn't add a 'new' punishment.

Miky, rather than do two points, can you do this one. Then do a paragraph on where we got the team name Integrity from and why it's a good name. Reading Azzy's most recent post that will score us points.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 23 Mar 2015, 1:10 pm

Do you want a Pm or do we have to post them here?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Mon 23 Mar 2015, 1:22 pm

PM me Smile

Do you (and GSC) know when it'll be done by as I'll need to collate everything together and post it.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 23 Mar 2015, 1:22 pm

I'm sending mine to you now.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Mon 23 Mar 2015, 1:26 pm

Brill OK

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 23 Mar 2015, 2:04 pm

Itd be after 6 as I'm at work
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Mon 23 Mar 2015, 3:03 pm

Yeah thats fine gsc.

I'll be on about 8-9 to collate it all.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 23 Mar 2015, 7:17 pm

Sent
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Mon 23 Mar 2015, 7:41 pm

Good work guys.

I'll have the finished work done about 9

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Mon 23 Mar 2015, 10:08 pm

Anyone about for a quick proof read:

Will post in about half an hour.

Spoiler:

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Tue 24 Mar 2015, 9:45 am

Hi guys, good luck. May the best team win.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2