The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vince McMahon death storyline

5 posters

Go down

Vince McMahon death storyline  Empty Vince McMahon death storyline

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 06 Mar 2015, 11:43 am

Morning all

Quick question. Remember back in 2007 when Vince McMahon got in the limo and it exploded, he was pronounced dead. Where were WWE going with this does anyone know/Remember?

I know it got cancelled the week later due to the actual death of Chris Beniot.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Vince McMahon death storyline  Empty Re: Vince McMahon death storyline

Post by liverbnz Fri 06 Mar 2015, 11:55 am

They probably didn't even know themselves but apparently Vince was to return at some point and say he faked his own death with the help of someone who they wanted to build as the next monster heel. Kennedy was in line for the role but then he was making blunders all over the place so who knows.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 06 Mar 2015, 12:06 pm

Wasnt Kennedy meant to be his illegitimate son?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 06 Mar 2015, 1:35 pm

Yeah that's right. Then he dropped Orton on his neck and waved bye bye to his WWE career.

Didn't they go down the comedy route then and make it Hornswoggle? I have a vague recollection

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 06 Mar 2015, 5:50 pm

This was what got me back into Wrestling, I wikipedia'd McMahon's name to see how he died as it had actually been reported in some news as real, it was then that I happened to click on another link and realised Beniot had juat commited murder/suicide so I inevitably had to tune in to RAW at the next available opportunity to see the fall out.

I got really big into Wrestling forums at the time.and as someone who was out of the loop for about 6/7 years I was asking everyone what the likely storyline from all of this was, I remember reading at the time that it revolved around Randy Orton, many where of the opinion that McMahon would return from the dead and help screw John Cena out of theWWE Title but there was also suggestions that The Undertaker would be involved, with possibly McMahon screwing Taker at Mania 24.

Kennedy may very well come into it but I think this is only a view held with the benefit of hindsight, they went down the illigitimate son angle later on in the year but at the time that angle wasn't even started, of course they could have brought the two stories together but at the time many believed the illigitimate son angle was a substitute angle for the death storyline - I think both angles were more about Vince remaining a focal point even when he's not on TV than pushing guys, anyone else remember the mental breakdown angle he had too? That was scrapped before the Smackdown tapingI think

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down