The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cm Punk storyline

4 posters

Go down

Cm Punk storyline Empty Cm Punk storyline

Post by Leicester's Lucas Levia Tue 06 Sep 2011, 11:06 pm

I have a bad feeling that they're gonna drop the ball on this storyline, i hope i'm wrong but i'm starting to lose intrest in the story already, hopefully a HHH heel turn is on the cards to give the story the lift i feel it needs.

Leicester's Lucas Levia

Back to top Go down

Cm Punk storyline Empty Re: Cm Punk storyline

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 06 Sep 2011, 11:14 pm

I think they could have worked it a bit better but don't think they're anywhere near dropping the ball with it yet, I do think HHH has to turn heel but I think they could get far more out of the story if they hold it off for another 6 weeks or so

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Leicester's Lucas Levia Tue 06 Sep 2011, 11:19 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I think they could have worked it a bit better but don't think they're anywhere near dropping the ball with it yet, I do think HHH has to turn heel but I think they could get far more out of the story if they hold it off for another 6 weeks or so

But do you think HHH will have Punk go over him whenever that may be?

Leicester's Lucas Levia

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 06 Sep 2011, 11:27 pm

I think CM Punk will beat Triple H in the middle of the ring 123 but it wont be for a while yet, I'd hold that off until WrestleMania but thats just me, I expect HHH to win the NoC thanks to Nash

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Leicester's Lucas Levia Tue 06 Sep 2011, 11:31 pm

That I don't mind, but a clean win for HHH would kill the story and thats what i'm worried about

Leicester's Lucas Levia

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 06 Sep 2011, 11:56 pm

Leicester's Lucas Levia wrote:
the-gaffer wrote:I think they could have worked it a bit better but don't think they're anywhere near dropping the ball with it yet, I do think HHH has to turn heel but I think they could get far more out of the story if they hold it off for another 6 weeks or so

But do you think HHH will have Punk go over him whenever that may be?

While I am not conditioned to have 100% faith in WWE's ability to deliver its product to what I feel is the logical conclusion, I am happy with how this storyline is developing so far, Punk, who is usually nothing short of great tbf, has been outstanding since pre-MITB and seems to be reveling in his new outspoken rebel charcter, HHH is also playing a fascinating role, he is a man who desperatly wants to be loved by the WWE fans and be seen as a worthy sucessor to McMahon but he is torn between this new role and the old cerebral assassin who seems to be getting closer to the surface week by week as Punk continues to push his buttons, Kevin Nash while definatly not a person I am fan of, check out any of my repsponses to a worst champion/ worst/most overrated wrestler threads, he has added a vital peice to this storyline providing a central antagonist for Punk as HHH remains morally ambiguous on the sidelines, and for my part I don't agree with the opinions that any random muscle would do, Nash and HHH have a history and it creates the suspicions that HHH is not as innocent as he claims to be, is the aggro thats building between HHH and Nash all a ruse or is it something more? Punk certainally dosn't buy HHH's version of events and it's hard to see why WWE would continually turn this over if it wasn't building to a reveal, origionally I belived that it was a McMahon, most likely Vince, who sent the text and the storyline would split into a power play between Vince and HHH but I am becoming more and more convinced that HHH did send the text and credit to WWE this is probably the best option IMO as it keeps the focus firmly with Punk.

To those who say Punk is being buried I would argue that at no point in this feud so far has he been made to look weak without reason, ok he has been subject to a few beatdowns by Nash but all of these so far have been ambushes after a match (see Summerslam) or cheap shots when HHH has been trying to keep the peace, once again I don't know if this is accident on HHH's part or part of a master plan, either way when Nash as tryed to take Punk fairly, as was seen on Super Smackdown, he was in the process of receving a hiding, on the mic I don't think it's fair to say the Punk has been given anything other than total mastery over Nash, who seems to suffer a brand new putdown each week and while verbal duels with HHH have been slightly more even, HHH is the boss, no point in building an anti-athoritarion character if the athority is completly de-mascualted, that said as I have already highlighted Punk has subtly been getting under the skin of HHH, the veneer is slipping and eventually I'm thinking that Punk will force HHH to show himself for what he really is.

As far as where this story goes, I'm actually looking for HHH to go over at NoC, not cleanly obviously as if he does I will definatly be on the Punk's being buried bandwagon, but with the No DQ rules I am fully expecting Nash or another HHH associate, there is plently of wiggle room for another clique/DX memeber(s) in this story, to get involved, once again Punk will be screwed and as HHH's heel turn hopefully cements in the latter months, I belive he will, when the time is right, bow down clean to Punk, possibly at Wrestlemania.

Obviously there are a lot of ifs and buts as far as things go, but so far WWE have not disapointed me, and I hope they will continue to not only maintain the momentum of the white hot Punk but solidify him as a top teir main event star.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:35 am

Fantastic post Doc, we share more or less the exact same outlook on this

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Thu 08 Sep 2011, 8:50 pm

@doc excellent post, probably the best i have read in some time, well thought out and stunningly delivered, completely agree!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down