The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Munster Rugby v Glasgow Warriors, 28 February

+28
LeinsterFan4life
Pot Hale
cakeordeath
tigertattie
ME-109
toml
Totalflanker
MunsterMac
Sin é
cp10
21st Century Schizoid Man
EST
R!skysports
Tattie Scones RRN
Nachos Jones
wayne
demosthenes
BigGee
Nematode
SecretFly
Weegie Wizard
IanBru
funnyExiledScot
VinceWLB
jimbopip
RDW
George Carlin
32 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Munster Rugby v Glasgow Warriors, 28 February - Page 3 Empty Munster Rugby v Glasgow Warriors, 28 February

Post by George Carlin Sun 22 Feb 2015, 11:20 am

First topic message reminder :

Munster Rugby v Glasgow Warriors, 28 February - Page 3 Munste10                    Munster Rugby v Glasgow Warriors, 28 February - Page 3 Glasgo13
Munster Rugby v Glasgow Warriors
Saturday 28 February 2015
KO 19:15
Irish Independent Park, Cork

Referee: Nigel Owens (118th competition game)Munster Rugby v Glasgow Warriors, 28 February - Page 3 Worshi10
Assistant Referees: Mark Patton, John Carvill (both IRFU)
Citing Commissioner: Peter Ferguson (IRFU)
TMO: Dermot Moloney (IRFU)

Live on Sky Sports

A. Teams:

Munster Rugby
Munster Rugby v Glasgow Warriors, 28 February - Page 3 Richar10
[tbc]

Glasgow Warriors
Munster Rugby v Glasgow Warriors, 28 February - Page 3 Rob_ca10
[tbc]

B. Form - head to head:

24 Played 24
14 Wins 9
9 Losses 14
1 Draws 1
59 Tries 45
41 Conversions 32
54 Penalties 63
1 Drop Goals 1
542 Points 481
26 Avg. Age 25

C. Form:

Sat 20 December 2014
Glasgow Warriors 21 - 18 Munster Rugby

Fri 16 May 2014
Glasgow Warriors 16 - 15 Munster Rugby

Sat 12 April 2014
Munster Rugby 5 - 22 Glasgow Warriors

Fri 25 October 2013
Glasgow Warriors 6 - 13 Munster Rugby

Last edited by George Carlin on Tue 24 Feb 2015, 7:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Munster Rugby v Glasgow Warriors, 28 February - Page 3 Empty Re: Munster Rugby v Glasgow Warriors, 28 February

Post by Totalflanker Sat 28 Feb 2015, 9:18 pm

Congrats Munster and great to see Earls back playing like that. Thought Glasgow might grab something from the game but Munster just had a little too much for them.

Totalflanker

Back to top Go down

Munster Rugby v Glasgow Warriors, 28 February - Page 3 Empty Re: Munster Rugby v Glasgow Warriors, 28 February

Post by ME-109 Sat 28 Feb 2015, 10:12 pm

Really enjoyed the game tonight. Earls was outstanding what another bit of outrageous skill for his try. Denis Hurley was excellent as well.

Considering how many players Glasgow were more missing there were times in the second half when we were on the ropes and we were very soft in defence at times so well done to Glasgow, probably deserved a losing bonus point.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 28 Feb 2015, 11:45 pm

Good to hear that Earls played well yet again.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sun 01 Mar 2015, 12:21 am

Very entertaining game. Glasgow were well up for it despite those missing. Matawuala is some player. Glasgow are really going to miss him.

Earls spectacular try:

http://balls.ie/rugby/238719-outstanding-keith-earls-try/

Some skill there, not to mention the pace.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by theslosty Sun 01 Mar 2015, 12:43 am

I was ridiculed on here for pointing out that Earls is the most talented back in Ireland. I know it was only a Pro12 game but tonight he showed his pace, agility and pure skill is unrivalled in this country.
theslosty
theslosty

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun 01 Mar 2015, 1:11 am

Sin é wrote:Very entertaining game. Glasgow were well up for it despite those missing. Matawuala is some player. Glasgow are really going to miss him.

Earls spectacular try:

http://balls.ie/rugby/238719-outstanding-keith-earls-try/

Some skill there, not to mention the pace.

Surely St Joseph and his blessed mother will give him a shot before the end of the 6ns

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 01 Mar 2015, 6:03 am

Looks like it was a good one - well done to Munster.

Not too disappointed from a soapdodger perspective - you can't play Munster away from home with 27 players out - too much to ask anyone. Delighted to see our kids giving it a lash though - invaluable experience to have as a band of brothers.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sun 01 Mar 2015, 8:00 am

Earls' problem has never been his pace or feet. For me he is a Test class winger and far better with the ball in hand than when he has to pass it. Foley seems to be the first coach who is persevering with him exclusively as a centre so maybe that confidence boost will help. I didn't see the game last night - how was his decision making?

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 01 Mar 2015, 8:16 am

Just watched it again and McConnell was a wee bit disappointing. Looked better in first 40 and Braid looked good even with poor service at back of scrum. Given Laidlaw's abysmal performance at The Library Ali Price should be Henry's deputy next season and cover during RWC. Can see us getting Lamont back as he was dreadful yesterday too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sun 01 Mar 2015, 1:45 pm

The Great Aukster wrote:Earls' problem has never been his pace or feet. For me he is a Test class winger and far better with the ball in hand than when he has to pass it. Foley seems to be the first coach who is persevering with him exclusively as a centre so maybe that confidence boost will help. I didn't see the game last night - how was his decision making?

Off-loads are the new 'pass' now. Munster had 24 offloads last night against Glasgow (who had 8).
Earls made 6 passes and 2 offloads compared to Cave against Scarlets (2 passes, 0 offloads). Last week (v Scarlets), Earls gave 6 passes and 0 offloads).

Foley isn't the first coach to persist with him as a centre. McGahan did, Penney did ahead of Lauala until Dougie got injured and so he was moved to wing.

edit: he called for the kick for his try.
On another break, some say he should have passed out to Ronan O'Mahony rather than inside for a straight run in for a try. Others say that ROM had overrun him so it would have been a forward pass. That was the only iffy decision.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sun 01 Mar 2015, 7:01 pm

Connacht beat treviso 53-5 to move 6 point clear of Scarlets and 8 from Edinburgh.

Would be an amazing achievement if Lam could get them into the HCx2

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by MunsterMac Mon 02 Mar 2015, 9:55 am

ME109 wrote:Looks about the strongest team except for kilcoyne...what changes do you have in mind

Just to clarify.

It wasn't the team I was querying it is the fact that Foley makes wholesale changes for each game.

As has been pointed out some are enforced but most are just this annoying 'bench rotations'.

All I'm sayin' is that if that was our strongest team on Saturday then it would be great if as close as possible to the same team could take the field against the Ospreys next Sat.

As for the match it was a good win and it does seem that Munster have turned a corner in terms of style of gameplay in this block of games.

The offloads are sticking more and the players seem to be much clearer as to what they are trying to achieve.

And on top of that Earls seems to have come back from injury a much better player and is really tearing it up at the moment.

If Joe is watching he must be seriously tempted to bring him into the squad at this stage.

MunsterMac

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 02 Mar 2015, 5:32 pm

Brave but ultimately futile performance from The Warriors. Need to cream Zebre who beat the Dragons too Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Mon 02 Mar 2015, 10:02 pm

MunsterMac wrote:
ME109 wrote:Looks about the strongest team except for kilcoyne...what changes do you have in mind

Just to clarify.

It wasn't the team I was querying it is the fact that Foley makes wholesale changes for each game.

As has been pointed out some are enforced but most are just this annoying 'bench rotations'.

All I'm sayin' is that if that was our strongest team on Saturday then it would be great if as close as possible to the same team could take the field against the Ospreys next Sat.

As for the match it was a good win and it does seem that Munster have turned a corner in terms of style of gameplay in this block of games.

The offloads are sticking more and the players seem to be much clearer as to what they are trying to achieve.

And on top of that Earls seems to have come back from injury a much better player and is really tearing it up at the moment.

If Joe is watching he must be seriously tempted to bring him into the squad at this stage.

Yeah fair enough. Agree completely. Not sure if its true but Foley seems to rotate more than Penney but I could be wrong. Still I guess there is a weeding out process going on as well and people are being given a chance to prove themselves.

Earls was outstanding all over the park. Would hope to see him included at some stage but not really the way Joe works..who knows he might surprise us all.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3