The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where would you place Prometheus on an Alien list ??

+7
jimmyinthewell68
compelling and rich
Mr Bounce
Mad for Chelsea
seanmichaels
Mind the windows Tino.
TRUSSMAN66
11 posters

Go down

Where would you place Prometheus on an Alien list ?? Empty Where would you place Prometheus on an Alien list ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 03 Feb 2015, 1:23 pm

Have to say at the moment..........

1. Aliens
2. Alien
3. Prometheus
4. Alien resurrection
5. A V P
6. Alien 3
7. A V P 2

Used to have Alien top but now I'm getting less patient with age.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Where would you place Prometheus on an Alien list ?? Empty Re: Where would you place Prometheus on an Alien list ??

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 03 Feb 2015, 2:09 pm

1. Alien
2. Aliens
3. Alien 3
4. Prometheus (could have been better if it wasn't for the stupid ending)
5. Genital warts
6. Alien Resurrection

The rest don't count.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Where would you place Prometheus on an Alien list ?? Empty Re: Where would you place Prometheus on an Alien list ??

Post by seanmichaels Tue 03 Feb 2015, 2:37 pm

Aliens is the best Windows. No argument. Then 3 then 1.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 03 Feb 2015, 2:41 pm

It's close, but I prefer 1. Not much in it though.

Stop your grinnin and drop your linen.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 03 Feb 2015, 2:53 pm

We'd better get back, 'cause it'll be dark soon, and they mostly come at night... mostly.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 03 Feb 2015, 2:55 pm

I say we take off, nuke the entire site from orbit. Only way to be sure.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 03 Feb 2015, 2:58 pm

Phuckin' A!

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 03 Feb 2015, 3:02 pm

Hey Vasquez...Have you ever been mistaken for a Man ?

No... have you ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 03 Feb 2015, 3:04 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Hey Vasquez...Have you ever been mistaken for a Man ?

No... have you ??

Laugh

Love that line.

I just need to know one thing. Where. They. Are.

You're a real bad ass Vasquez.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Feb 2015, 3:20 pm

I don't wanna rain on your parade, but we just got our asses kicked pal.

Oh that's just f***ing great man, what are we supposed to do now.

Game over, man......game over!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Feb 2015, 3:22 pm

"Any questions?"
"Yeah, how do I get out of this chickensh!t outfit"
"Come here Hudson...come HERE!!!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 03 Feb 2015, 3:39 pm

Spunkmeyer, where you at? Spunkmeyer? SPUNKMEYER?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Feb 2015, 4:55 pm

What do you mean, "They cut the power"? How could they cut the power, man? They're animals!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 04 Feb 2015, 10:28 am

Tino doesn't get much right, but he's 100% spot on with this list.

1. Alien. Cut above the rest for me. Superb film, brilliantly shot, the sense of claustrophobia/fear is superbly brought across.

2. Aliens. Pretty much a "shoot 'em in space" film, but very well made, and great fun. Very different from the first, and IMO slightly inferior, but an excellent film nonetheless.

3. Alien 3. Actually think there's some really good stuff going on here, and some good character development, but at times a bit confused. Think that if properly executed, it could have been above Aliens, but as it was made it has to rank below.

4. Prometheus. Some reasonable bits, but overall the film seems unsure what it's meant to be. Is it a film about God? an Aliens origin film? nothing's quite clear here... Ranks a fair bit below the top 3 for me.

5. Alien Resurrection. Confused mess of a film, definitely one for the "Sequels that killed the franchise" list.

I do have a confession here that I actually quite enjoyed the A vs P film (first one). OK little to no plot, but as a fun action film with deadly monsters trying to kill each other it kind of works.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Feb 2015, 10:37 am

Alien 3 was poor...It was too dark and you didn't care about the characters apart from the Doctor who was killed off way too soon

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 04 Feb 2015, 10:38 am

Mad for Chelsea wrote:Tino doesn't get much right, but he's 100% spot on with this list.

Laugh

The thing I liked about number 3 is that there are no weapons.  Just like the original.  No machine guns, no drones, no high explosive grenades, no flame throwers.  Just human ingenuity and resourcefulness, just as in Alien.  It was claustrophobic (although not to the level of the first one) and dark, and I quite liked that.  The relationship between Ripley and Dillon was fantastic as well.

The first two thirds of Prometheus are worthy of the hype, but it gets gradually more confused and stilted.  The ending was more Starship Troopers than a serous sci-fi film.  Big Hollywood set piece ending to set up another film.  It really disappointed me.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 27 Feb 2015, 11:37 pm

I'll just leave this here... laughing

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 02 Mar 2015, 12:58 pm

1. Alien
2. Aliens
3. Alien 3
4.Prometheus

Resurrection and the predator ones are so terrible i refuse to rank them, not really a fan of prometheus either really, just seemed to lose its way.

said in a previous thread but do think aliens is over hyped, first is my favorite easily. not dark enough and too cheesy the second

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:02 am

I agree Prometheus lost it's way.......

A prequel that wasn't needed....Too many characters in it which led to not enough fleshing out......

Somethings are better left alone.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Fri 06 Mar 2015, 9:14 pm

Can't decide whether 1 or 2 is best . Both in my opinion are classics. disliked alien 3 because it made all that effect to save newt in the 2nd obsolete plus you can't kill Ripley. I liked four even tho its not a fan favorite it brought her back plus with a bit of alien dna. now they making alien 5 with ripley but it starts straight after the 2nd ignoring 3 and 4. The guy who done district 9 directing it. Unfortunately he just done chappie.

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 13 Mar 2015, 12:47 pm

1. Aliens
2.Alien
The rest are dreck. Prometheus was an insult to the intelligence of the average single cell amoeba.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Lion Tue 17 Mar 2015, 7:19 pm

Prometheus was one of those films that had to have been dreamed up by the Department of Good Ideas.  Could have worked, should have worked, didn't work.  The reasons for that have been pretty much covered by other posters.  

Disappointed.  I'll go back to my 4 DVD box set of the Alien Quadrilogy and stick with that and if anybody in Hollywood is seriously proposing a Prometheus 2 all I will say is..... Get away from her, you BITCH..!!
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Thu 02 Apr 2015, 5:28 pm

Tbh I had no idea what was going on in Prometheus. I get the bit that aliens created mankind, as well as the Aliens and all that, but what the hell is the bits at the start and end all about? And why did Fassbender's character slip the other one some alien seed/thing in his drink? They didn't really explain why he did it, or even what it was.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 02 Apr 2015, 5:59 pm

I agree it was visually stunning but confusing with some s*8t underdeveloped characters in it......Too many characters in it....

Reason Alien and Aliens succeeded apart from plot is that we got to know the characters pretty well...........

After the first skirmish in Aliens..............We were left with the interesting characters.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Thu 02 Apr 2015, 8:50 pm

Alien Resurrection was a weird one for me. I didn't like the fact that Ripley was resurrected from her DNA with the same personality. That didn't make any sense but what really let the film down was Ripley being part Alien and you had another part Alien, part human thing which just made the film weird and stupid.

Those issues aside, there were some great parts to the film especially the second half of it. The chase getting back to the 'Betty' ship through the flooded kitchen area etc was very good.  I thought the characters were very good and there was good chemistry between them. The end when they were heading into the earths atmosphere.

It could have been a classic if they cut out all the DNA crap in the story.

Prometheus was a let down. Apparently the story was changed (hollywoodised) and they made the original worse.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down