The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prometheus Official Trailer

+9
compelling and rich
randy-poffo
bluestonevedder
talkingpoint
hodge
Beer
Adam D
Skydriver
hornbloweroafc
13 posters

Go down

Prometheus Official Trailer Empty Prometheus Official Trailer

Post by hornbloweroafc Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:24 am

Can't believe Prometheus hasn't been mentioned yet!

Anyone else looking forward to this? The trailer looks mint!

Kind of a prequel to Alien, I for one can't wait!!!!! Very Happy

Prometheus
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Prometheus Official Trailer Empty Re: Prometheus Official Trailer

Post by Skydriver Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:14 pm

It was mentioned in passing on another thread!

https://www.606v2.com/t808p100-the-over-rated-film-thread

I'm not hyper-excited about it (difficult for me to be ultra-amped up about more than one forthcoming film, and The Dark Knight Rises is at the top of my watchlist), but am likely to see it when it's out unless the reviews are universally really, really poor - with Ridley Scott at the helm, it's bound to be visually spectacular if nothing else!

Incidentally, there's also a short film starring Guy Pearce giving a conference speech as the CEO or other high-powered exec of the Weyland Corp (seemingly before it merged with Yutani???) doing the rounds... Very intriguing.

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:15 pm

New trailer was just aired on Channel 4 - looks stunning

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:53 am

Saw that, it does look very impressive.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:46 am

i've never seen alien or anything, but saw the trailer and was very impressed, may have to add another film to the list of must watch

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:45 am

For a project that seems to have been subject to pretty high levels of secrecy, I'm surprised that so much of the basic plot seems to be revealed in the trailers.

But it certainly does look interesting anyway.

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed May 09, 2012 1:10 pm

For me the Alien franchise was ruined by overkill. I thought Alien Resurrection was poor and the two Aliens v Predator films a let down. It is very difficult for me to get excited about a prequel when I know and was disappointed by what is going to happen next. I genuinely enjoyed Alien, thought it was an original and intriguing concept and if it had just been left at Alien or even Aliens then I may be more up for Prometheus. That said the trailer looks visually stunning.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Wed May 09, 2012 4:14 pm

New trailer looks fantastic. Visually stunning and a great score to go with it by the sounds of things.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Wed May 09, 2012 4:43 pm

talkingpoint wrote:For me the Alien franchise was ruined by overkill. I thought Alien Resurrection was poor and the two Aliens v Predator films a let down.

From what I understand, Ridley Scott shares the same view that the impact of the Alien creature has been "diluted" through all of spin-offs and so forth, and I'd hope that he's made a film for those of us who feel that way.

In any case, speaking for myself, I'm more interested in what he does with the Blade Runner sequel / prequel or whatever it turns out to be...

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by randy-poffo Wed May 09, 2012 4:50 pm

You beat me to it Skydriver.
I don't class anything after alien 3 as a true alien film.
I was reading that some of film could be cut to make it a pg 13 in the states so could be a 12 other here, which isn't good.

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Wed May 09, 2012 5:05 pm

It's being listed as "15 - TBC".

I understand that they shot alternative versions of certain scenes because they weren't sure what certificate they would be gunning for whilst filming. However, I think Ridley indicated he would prefer to scare as much hell out of people as possible [I don't recall his exact words but am paraphrasing what I think he said at an informative audience Q&A which is available on replay over the web; timing coincided with the premiere of the first proper trailer if that helps to track down].

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by randy-poffo Wed May 09, 2012 8:03 pm

Cheers for that will look for it.

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu May 10, 2012 10:00 am

randy-poffo wrote:You beat me to it Skydriver.
I don't class anything after alien 3 as a true alien film.
I was reading that some of film could be cut to make it a pg 13 in the states so could be a 12 other here, which isn't good.

Agreed, the last few films have really cheapened the franchise - sadly they've done the exact same with the Predator series too. I have no doubt that with Ridley Scot at the helm this will be a good film, but I just hope this doesn't then lead to another series of weak spin offs.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Thu May 10, 2012 11:08 am

15 cert has been confirmed, without any cuts apparently.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=33910

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat May 12, 2012 12:57 pm

talkingpoint wrote:For me the Alien franchise was ruined by overkill. I thought Alien Resurrection was poor and the two Aliens v Predator films a let down. It is very difficult for me to get excited about a prequel when I know and was disappointed by what is going to happen next. I genuinely enjoyed Alien, thought it was an original and intriguing concept and if it had just been left at Alien or even Aliens then I may be more up for Prometheus. That said the trailer looks visually stunning.

i agree with this, huge fan of the first couple and didnt mind 3 but then just got worst and worst. more exicted about this one with having ridley scott back (for those who dont know he did the first then it got passed around with the likes of james cameron and david fincher). they used to scare the crap out of me when i was a kid, hopefully this does the early films justice.

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat May 12, 2012 1:15 pm

from what I've seen in featurettes and interviews with Ridley Scott this is not strictly speaking a prequel but a stand alone film with its own storyline not connected to Alien. I don't know how much that is just a red-herring to not give much away about the film but from what I understand the storyline is about the origins of human life on earth and then some kind of alien threat to the human race. I have a feeling the film will stay true to the original Alien film and that there will be some references. I doubt it will have a completely water tight closed ending.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Sat May 12, 2012 9:44 pm

That's more or less consistent with what I've heard too, but to add a couple of other points in the public domain:

* The original germ of the idea relates to what was effectively scenery in Alien - the crash-landed ship and what appeared to be its dead but giant-sized pilot. What is the "space jockey" and how did his ship end up there? [The trailer basically confirms that the film does indeed still explore these themes... and it seems that we have only previously seen the space jockey's helmet and not his face.]
* Scott and Lindelhof have stated that, if there were to be sequels, they would diverge from the Alien franchise and go in their own direction.

Known other elements of "connective tissue" which spring to mind include the Weyland Corp (forerunner to "the company" / Weyland-Yutani, and indeed, Guy Pearce plays Weyland himself) and the obligatory android [looking and sounding rather like Michael Fassbender this time, excluding powers of magnetism or sex addiction].

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Mon May 21, 2012 3:05 am

I couldn't give a Space Jockey about what anyone has said about the Alien franchise, Ridley has only ever directed one and it was brilliant and I expect nothing less this time round. I can't weyland for this to be released Very Happy

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Wed May 30, 2012 5:28 pm

Reviews are starting to come in. The ones I've skimmed so far [Telegraph & Guardian] are overall positive.

I won't be able to see it this opening weekend, but will do so sometime in the following fortnight...

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed May 30, 2012 5:36 pm

I think I am going this saturday with some friends. I probably wouldn't go to see this if Ridley Scott wasn't at the helm.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:59 pm

saw it yesterday - it was a good film but not great; while some of the concepts in the film were interesting the pace of the film was quite disorientating at times and ultimately what frustrated me was that it was so clearly made with the hope of a sequel to follow. What really surprised me though was knowing that Ridley Scott directed the film - it felt like just another spin off riding on the coat tails of Alien.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:01 pm

I saw it at the weekend and really enjoyed it, but at some stages I thought it was like a more exciting episode of Ancient Aliens and the ending was a bit of a let down

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:12 pm

talkingpoint wrote:saw it yesterday - it was a good film but not great; while some of the concepts in the film were interesting the pace of the film was quite disorientating at times and ultimately what frustrated me was that it was so clearly made with the hope of a sequel to follow. What really surprised me though was knowing that Ridley Scott directed the film - it felt like just another spin off riding on the coat tails of Alien.

Very much agree with that. There were also far too many
"eer really ...youd do that" moments like Hi Im some chick you barely know whos gone a bit batshit mental, apparently that spaceship is going to destroy the Earth" " Oh right Ill just go kill myself then" ...and "yeah I know the reason we are separated from the group is because we were scared to go in this room with the others but now we are trapped why dont we go hang out in there and urine around with mutant space aliens" ...probably worst of all was " Oh look theres a big thing rolling toward me, rather than taking 4 steps to the side why dont I run on the same path as it for a dramatic amount of time till it crushes me"
That the entire plot is stolen almost directly ( to the point they had to cancel the in production film due to identical scenes) from HO Lovecrafts "At The Mountains of Madness" doesnt help my opinions of it.

Theres stuff thats really great (like Fassbender), but the overall film has been chopped far too much by the editors to the point whole sections make no sense, has far too many variations on the parent/child relationship theme, and feels derivative.
The low key use of CGI and subtle 3D is a plus.

Overall a waste, just not on the scale of AVP

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:18 pm

The DVD trailer is out now. Did people notice a number of clips that were not on the film in the trailer? I certainly did.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:50 pm

I have the DVD. The movie still sucks. As do the deleted scenes. Don't waste your time/money lads. Poor prequel.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down