The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pacquiao & Khan Meet - *Update* Floyd and Pac meet Discuss fight

+25
Seanusarrilius
Herman Jaeger
Fernando
catchweight
fearlessBamber
88Chris05
AlexHuckerby
Steffan
Happytravelling
ONETWOFOREVER
dangerous_mouse
Kareem61
BoxingFan88
tunes666
All Time Great
Coxy001
Dipper Brown
TRUSSMAN66
mobilemaster8
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
kingraf
ShahenshahG
milkyboy
lfc91
KO-KING
29 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Pacquiao & Khan Meet - *Update* Floyd and Pac meet Discuss fight - Page 2 Empty Pacquiao & Khan Meet - *Update* Floyd and Pac meet Discuss fight

Post by KO-KING Fri 23 Jan 2015, 7:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Khan must be high, Pac kills him, should chase floyd instead - he'll have a career after floyd fight...

Pacquiao & Khan Meet - *Update* Floyd and Pac meet Discuss fight - Page 2 Pacquiao-khan%20(3)

Pacquiao & Khan Meet - *Update* Floyd and Pac meet Discuss fight - Page 2 Pacquiao-khan%20(4)

Last edited by KO-KING on Thu 29 Jan 2015, 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao & Khan Meet - *Update* Floyd and Pac meet Discuss fight - Page 2 Empty Re: Pacquiao & Khan Meet - *Update* Floyd and Pac meet Discuss fight

Post by catchweight Tue 27 Jan 2015, 9:47 pm

Arum has confirmed that if Mayweather doesnt sign by the end of the month then Khan is their second option.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao & Khan Meet - *Update* Floyd and Pac meet Discuss fight - Page 2 Empty Re: Pacquiao & Khan Meet - *Update* Floyd and Pac meet Discuss fight

Post by Coxy001 Wed 28 Jan 2015, 9:36 am

catchweight wrote:Arum has confirmed that if Mayweather doesnt sign by the end of the month then Khan is their second option.

Every cloud does indeed have a silver lining. Floyd fights Manny then I get the pleasure of the former handing out a boxing lesson and the pacnuthuggers/D4 all jump off a bridge in tandem. Or if Manny fights Khan then it's going to be the best three knockdowns inside 90 seconds I've ever seen. Hoorah!

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 28 Jan 2015, 10:59 am

Pacquiao & Khan Meet - *Update* Floyd and Pac meet Discuss fight - Page 2 _80569190_pacquiaomayweather_threetweet_grantsmitytwitter

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 28 Jan 2015, 11:05 am

Not sure about Floyd's shoes.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Jan 2015, 11:10 am

Not sure why Floyd feels the need to have a 6'8" bouncer next to him either. Does he thing Manny's gonna sucker punch him?

These knuckleheads that are Floyd's bodyguards are no better than those b1tches who got paid $150k to be "cheerleaders" for Team Tyson.

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 28 Jan 2015, 11:19 am

Yeah agree with that, a lot more respect for Floyd if he'd approached Manny without the lump.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 28 Jan 2015, 11:31 am

Jesus christ guys, he's 5ft from the baying public - near enough so some frustrated, fed up boxing fan could leap in and clock him one!

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 28 Jan 2015, 11:34 am

Yeah in fairness he doesn't just need protection from Manny !

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 28 Jan 2015, 11:40 am

Not sure how the fatboy bodyguard would stop projectile objects being thrown i.e.

chairs
hotdogs
more chairs
shoes
WMD's
more chairs

Apparently Floyd was telling him to stop telling lies that he's signed a contract as there isn't one to sign. Apparently Manny went silent and you could hear the sound of turds hitting the floor.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 28 Jan 2015, 11:44 am

you hit the floor coxy?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Jan 2015, 11:48 am

Coxy001 wrote:Jesus christ guys, he's 5ft from the baying public - near enough so some frustrated, fed up boxing fan could leap in and clock him one!
If they didn't hit him six years ago when he first started ducking Manny then they aren't going to do it now

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 28 Jan 2015, 12:19 pm

milkyboy wrote:you hit the floor coxy?

Stop talking about my dong, it makes me feel uncomfortable. I don't swing "your" way milky

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Jan 2015, 12:24 pm

Poor Coxy, didn't know someone had chopped his legs off as well

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 28 Jan 2015, 12:30 pm

... makes 'the athlete's' sporting prowess all the more remarkable

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 28 Jan 2015, 12:38 pm

Just a hater as you've never been elite at anything.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 28 Jan 2015, 12:57 pm

Coxy001 wrote:Just a hater as you've never been elite at anything.

Laugh  Laugh clap thats brilliant, quote of the day. Fine work fella.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 28 Jan 2015, 1:45 pm

milkyboy wrote:

Not as brilliant as my 2 under (-2) 69 in the first round of club champs 13 years ago.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 28 Jan 2015, 1:47 pm

Coxy001 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:

Not as brilliant as my 2 under (-2) 69 in the first round of club champs 13 years ago.

Makes you proud to be british

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Jan 2015, 1:55 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:

Doubt anything makes you proud to be British, Shah

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 28 Jan 2015, 1:58 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:

English. British insinuates I could be NI, Welsh or Scottish.

British only applicable when it's the Olympics, Lions etc.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 28 Jan 2015, 1:59 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:

Coxy performing a 69 with rory mcilroy in sub zero temperatures on a golf course, such grit would make anyone feel proud to be British dave.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 28 Jan 2015, 2:01 pm

May and Pac have started their promotion for the fight, IMO. Anybody that thinks they met by 'accident' is naive. Probably be announced during the Superbowl weekend. Maybe an ad will run during one of the breaks.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 28 Jan 2015, 2:31 pm

Coxy001 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:

That's the pinnacle of your sporting achievements then Jeff. What did you shoot in the second round with the pressure on, athlete?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 28 Jan 2015, 2:32 pm

Yeh, lots of rumour about big Superbowl announcement. About the only thing that makes this crud worth watching.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 28 Jan 2015, 2:43 pm

PM for you milky.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Jan 2015, 3:26 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:

Coxy performing a 69 with rory mcilroy in sub zero temperatures on a golf course, such grit  would make anyone feel proud to be British dave.
Would also make anyone watching (or hearing about it) feel dirty for a month of Sundays

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Wed 28 Jan 2015, 8:38 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:May and Pac have started their promotion for the fight, IMO. Anybody that thinks they met by 'accident' is naive. Probably be announced during the Superbowl weekend. Maybe an ad will run during one of the breaks.

Hopefully.

In my opinion Khan will dodge a bullet in not fighting pacquiao..should target bradley for the summer, he's getting annoying now, always on TV going on about floyd and pac

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jan 2015, 9:01 am

KO-KING wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:May and Pac have started their promotion for the fight, IMO. Anybody that thinks they met by 'accident' is naive. Probably be announced during the Superbowl weekend. Maybe an ad will run during one of the breaks.

Hopefully.

In my opinion Khan will dodge a bullet in not fighting pacquiao..should target bradley for the summer, he's getting annoying now, always on TV going on about floyd and pac
I suppose you'd prefer him to talk about how he feels he's one of the best fighters at WW but then go on to say he'd only like to take on fighters ranked between 35 and 55, eh?

Damn him for having ambition as well

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 29 Jan 2015, 9:10 am

It is annoying though, at least earn your shot or win a belt before going on about being the best in the division and deserving a fight with the two big dogs.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Thu 29 Jan 2015, 9:13 am

milkyboy wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:

That's the pinnacle of your sporting achievements then Jeff. What did you shoot in the second round with the pressure on, athlete?

#webdesigner #scratchgolfer #nothinggetspastthesegloves #georgeclooneywisheshecouldpulllikeme @zeathlete

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Thu 29 Jan 2015, 9:44 am

KO-KING wrote:

Hopefully.

Dodging more than a bullet, dodging a tomahawk missile more like.

Agree with Bradley, is a fight I'd definitely like to see. However I think team Khan will avoid him like the plague as he offers far too much risk for little reward. He's all wrong for Khan as he'll simply turn it in to a brawl which poor old Amir doesn't exactly like.. Think the Peterson fight in terms of the rough 'n rugged nature of it only Timbo has that shiny noggin' of his to use to devastating effect.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 29 Jan 2015, 9:46 am

Floyd came to Pac's hotel after the basketball game to continue discussions.

Apparently a deal has been done that HBO and Showtime will both air the fight as PPV. There is to be no All Access or 24/7 but each network will show a one hour special on their fighter.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jan 2015, 10:20 am

There is to be no All Access or 24/7

Music to everyone's ears

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Thu 29 Jan 2015, 10:52 am

DAVE667 wrote:There is to be no All Access or 24/7

Music to everyone's ears

Shame, quite liked them when they first came out. Introduction to the FMJ v Mosley was a segment that suddenly got me overly excited..

Hatton vs Mayweather 24/7 was probably my favourite.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Thu 29 Jan 2015, 11:29 am

Poxy, my phone is playing up what did your PM say?

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Thu 29 Jan 2015, 12:23 pm

Coxy001 wrote:.

Agree with Bradley, is a fight I'd definitely like to see. However I think team Khan will avoid him like the plague as he offers far too much risk for little reward. He's all wrong for Khan as he'll simply turn it in to a brawl which poor old Amir doesn't exactly like.. Think the Peterson fight in terms of the rough 'n rugged nature of it only Timbo has that shiny noggin' of his to use to devastating effect.

??

The Way i remember is, Bradley is the one who avoided it like the plague last time out, Khan offered him a career high pay day at the time, went to his face and said 'grow some balls', Why would you think Khan will avoid a fight?, your hate for the guy blinds your judgement,

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 29 Jan 2015, 12:29 pm

Yes, Bradley did turn down Khan. But he certainly didn't "avoid him like the plague". He simply had a better fight - both financially and in terms of prestige - against Pacquiao in the pipeline. Then Bradley best Paccy and Marquez, while Khan got his world rocked by García, and was in a hot mess vs Diaz
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Thu 29 Jan 2015, 1:05 pm

KO-KING wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:.

??

The Way i remember is, Bradley is the one who avoided it like the plague last time out, Khan offered him a career high pay day at the time, went to his face and said 'grow some balls', Why would you think Khan will avoid a fight?, your hate for the guy blinds your judgement,

He avoided Khan? At the time Khan was muted to fight him he was getting spanked twice in a row, that and even before then Bradley had the bigger better fights lined up due to being the more established fighter.

And career high payday huh? Not sure how you've worked that one out but stick to the day job eh?

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Thu 29 Jan 2015, 1:09 pm

trottb wrote:Poxy, my phone is playing up what did your PM say?

Nothing much, I'll also be seeing you in court by the way.

Think I'm joking?

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Thu 29 Jan 2015, 1:15 pm

Pacquiao & Khan Meet - *Update* Floyd and Pac meet Discuss fight - Page 2 3559488474

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 29 Jan 2015, 1:26 pm

kingraf wrote:Yes, Bradley did turn down Khan. But he certainly didn't "avoid him like the plague". He simply had a better fight - both financially and in terms of prestige - against Pacquiao in the pipeline. Then Bradley best Paccy and Marquez, while Khan got his world rocked by García, and was in a hot mess vs Diaz

Disagree.

Don't think the Manny fight was anywhere near 'in the pipeline' when Bradley clearly avoided ever fighting Khan at 140. It was no more probable then than Khan getting a Pac/May fight now.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 29 Jan 2015, 1:51 pm

Khan vs Bradley was slated for July 2011. Bradley Pacquiao got confirmed Jan 2012. Not to mention the fact that Pac and Bradley share a promoter, and Manny had run out of TR promoted opponents.

Khan on the other hand... has been challenging Mayweather since 2013... The one was successful, and subsequently made over ten million dollars fighting Paccy and Marquez... the other was on the Floyd undercard.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 29 Jan 2015, 2:18 pm

Khan had been pressing for the Bradley fight long before TB had anything mooted re Pac. Basically it was 'the fight' in the division once Tim beat "me eyes my eyes" Alexander, which was Jan 2011. Pac happened 18 months later.

Tim wanted no part of Khan, basically citing promotional issues or some BS like that, and showed no interest in getting the fight made. Instead he went up a division. Then Pac got made.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Thu 29 Jan 2015, 2:21 pm

Toppie, a better way of looking at it....

Would've everyone cried "OMG" if Khan had fought Manny at the time you state? Yes, of course they would because he hadn't got near earning the right.

Did many cry "OMG" when the Bradley v Manny fight got signed? Nope, not many.

Ergo... one viewed the other as not bringing much to the table hence why it didn't get made.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Thu 29 Jan 2015, 2:30 pm

Not too sure why we're getting all knicker twisting like either, if the fight gets made now I could give a tooty hooty that it wasn't made 3 or so years ago. Both are better fighters in their prime now.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 29 Jan 2015, 3:03 pm

Pac Bradley happened eighteen months later, it was confirmed twelve months later, and it therefore stands to reason negotiations woulda started in 2011. That's a reasonable turn around time.

No one is arguing Bradley wanted no part in Khan... Of course he showed no interest. There were bigger fish on the horizon. His manager wouldn't need to be Al Haymon to realise Manny or Marquez are gonna need a credible opponent soon. Arum woulda told him at some point that Manny was a possibility (why on earth else would a TR fighter move up to welterweight unless he's been advised that he could get Manny or Marquez? who else could he have been promised a seven-figure fight against?). After Marquez who was left for Manny as a TR fight? Before Marquez... Who else do you think Tim could have looked at in the TR stable and gone, "mhmm, he might get a fight against Manny before me"?

In comparison, Khan realistically only has one Spanish holiday to aim at a year against Floyd, and one, maybe two more goes at that date
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Thu 29 Jan 2015, 3:10 pm

Coxy001 wrote:

Think I'm joking?

Think I care?

No doubt you'll be representing yourself. Just one of your many skills. No doubting that you passed the 5 year course in a couple of months.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 29 Jan 2015, 3:13 pm

trottb wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:

Think I'm joking?

Think I care?

No doubt you'll be representing yourself. Just one of your many skills. No doubting that you passed the 5 year course in a couple of months.

Super is on the movie thread..............I've heard he's cheap.. thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 29 Jan 2015, 3:15 pm

trottb wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:

Think I'm joking?

Think I care?

Laugh Somebody get Trottb his dog back

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Thu 29 Jan 2015, 3:17 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
trottb wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:

Think I'm joking?

Think I care?

Super is on the movie thread..............I've heard he's cheap.. thumbsup

Anyone would be cheaper than Geoff "Ze Cochran Athlete" Cox

Last edited by trottb on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Got Geoffs name wrong. Sorry Geoff I had a few beers, but don't worry it won't happen again.)

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next