The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pacquiao & Khan Meet - *Update* Floyd and Pac meet Discuss fight

+25
Seanusarrilius
Herman Jaeger
Fernando
catchweight
fearlessBamber
88Chris05
AlexHuckerby
Steffan
Happytravelling
ONETWOFOREVER
dangerous_mouse
Kareem61
BoxingFan88
tunes666
All Time Great
Coxy001
Dipper Brown
TRUSSMAN66
mobilemaster8
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
kingraf
ShahenshahG
milkyboy
lfc91
KO-KING
29 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Pacquiao & Khan Meet - *Update* Floyd and Pac meet Discuss fight - Page 3 Empty Pacquiao & Khan Meet - *Update* Floyd and Pac meet Discuss fight

Post by KO-KING Fri 23 Jan 2015, 7:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Khan must be high, Pac kills him, should chase floyd instead - he'll have a career after floyd fight...

Pacquiao & Khan Meet - *Update* Floyd and Pac meet Discuss fight - Page 3 Pacquiao-khan%20(3)

Pacquiao & Khan Meet - *Update* Floyd and Pac meet Discuss fight - Page 3 Pacquiao-khan%20(4)

Last edited by KO-KING on Thu 29 Jan 2015, 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao & Khan Meet - *Update* Floyd and Pac meet Discuss fight - Page 3 Empty Re: Pacquiao & Khan Meet - *Update* Floyd and Pac meet Discuss fight

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jan 2015, 3:29 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
trottb wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:
trottb wrote:Poxy, my phone is playing up what did your PM say?

Nothing much, I'll also be seeing you in court by the way.

Think I'm joking?

Think I care?

No doubt you'll be representing yourself. Just one of your many skills. No doubting that you passed the 5 year course in a couple of months.

Laugh Somebody get Trottb his dog back
Shah that's low...especially as you know it's been in a Bhuna for a while now

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao & Khan Meet - *Update* Floyd and Pac meet Discuss fight - Page 3 Empty Re: Pacquiao & Khan Meet - *Update* Floyd and Pac meet Discuss fight

Post by KO-KING Thu 29 Jan 2015, 8:45 pm

Coxy001 wrote:
KO-KING wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:.

Agree with Bradley, is a fight I'd definitely like to see. However I think team Khan will avoid him like the plague as he offers far too much risk for little reward. He's all wrong for Khan as he'll simply turn it in to a brawl which poor old Amir doesn't exactly like.. Think the Peterson fight in terms of the rough 'n rugged nature of it only Timbo has that shiny noggin' of his to use to devastating effect.

??

The Way i remember is, Bradley is the one who avoided it like the plague last time out, Khan offered him a career high pay day at the time, went to his face and said 'grow some balls', Why would you think Khan will avoid a fight?, your hate for the guy blinds your judgement,

He avoided Khan? At the time Khan was muted to fight him he was getting spanked twice in a row, that and even before then Bradley had the bigger better fights lined up due to being the more established fighter.

And career high payday huh? Not sure how you've worked that one out but stick to the day job eh?

Balls

1 - They were scheduled to fight in the summer of 2011, Khan just beat Maidana and McCloskey and Wanted to fight Bradley. So no he Didnt just get spanked twice in a row. Instead Khan fought Judah, after that Bradley still didnt take the fight.

2 - Bradley had no one scheduled, after the Alexander fight which was in january and took nearly all the year off, and fought Casamayor in nov/dec, How is that a better fight than Khan, He even said he didnt want to fight khan, because if he loses, he loses his chance at Floyd/Pac fight.

3 - He was the more established fighter, because he was slightly older, but fact is #2 Khan fought #4 Maidana, #1 Bradley fought #3 Alexander, the winners were supposed to fight, but Bradley pulled out.

4 - His career high pay day was in Alexander fight at that point which got him $1.1 Million, Khan fight he had 1.5 Million + 50/50 on everything including UK PPV, that was at that time his career high pay day - now obviously its the paycheck he collected vs Pacquiao

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 29 Jan 2015, 9:07 pm

There are no two ways about it Bradley avoided Khan because he was too high risk, there was very little between their opposition when the fight was touted and at depending who had excelled they regularly swapped positions 1 and 2.

I tend to ignore Coxy's opinion on Khan because he's pig ignorant and living in a fantasy world where despite being a nobody he wants to be seen as a somebody.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Thu 29 Jan 2015, 9:41 pm

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri 30 Jan 2015, 8:16 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:There are no two ways about it Bradley avoided Khan because he was too high risk, there was very little between their opposition when the fight was touted and at depending who had excelled they regularly swapped positions 1 and 2.

I tend to ignore Coxy's opinion on Khan because he's pig ignorant and living in a fantasy world where despite being a nobody he wants to be seen as a somebody.

HH, you basically disagree with my opinion because it doesn't suit yours? And yes, I apply for all sorts of tv talent shows but unfortunately I have no vocal talent nor can my dog do the gangnam dance whilst I play it in d minor on the piano. Much like truss, do you take the bullcrap people come out with on forums seriously?

And thanks for proving my point. Bradley was targeting a big fight with Manny//Floyd and got that fight. He didn't need Khan so why fight him? And would I not be right in saying they're both better fighters than 4 years ago? I want them to fight, think their paths are crossing at the right time as well this time.

Anyway, on the train to my big 1000sq ft office where I've got meetings with various famous CEOs all day.... And just so you know, I'm being sarcastic.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 30 Jan 2015, 10:03 am

HH read my post from the previous page. Bradley did avoid Khan, no one except Coxy is arguing that. He didn't however duck him. There were quite clearly more lucrative and prestigious fights for him at 147. You don't skip Khan to go through Pacquiao and Marquez a weight above you because you're ducking.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri 30 Jan 2015, 11:00 am

Bradley did avoid Khan, no one except Coxy is arguing that. He didn't however duck him.

I think we're arguing the same point here. If you read my previous post it pretty much says what you've said - he did "avoid" him, the word as such is a bit strong so would use "overlooked" instead. He certainly didn't duck him though, as we've both said - there were bigger fights for him.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 30 Jan 2015, 11:03 am

My mistake, cheers.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 30 Jan 2015, 6:06 pm

kingraf wrote:HH read my post from the previous page. Bradley did avoid Khan, no one except Coxy is arguing that. He didn't however duck him. There were quite clearly more lucrative and prestigious fights for him at 147. You don't skip Khan to go through Pacquiao and Marquez a weight above you because you're ducking.

He avoided him for far too long for it not to be considered ducking him, we're not talking about a fight that a small window of opportunity, it was touted and possible the moment Khan beat Kotelnik. Going on to fight Pacquiao and Marquez is a win win situation, you lose and you've been beaten by a great and if you win well you win, he only fought them because of the money.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 30 Jan 2015, 8:19 pm

Well yes. Prizefighters fight for... well, money.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 30 Jan 2015, 9:51 pm

kingraf wrote:Well yes. Prizefighters fight for... well, money.

Yes but it says enough that he feared losing to Khan...so it was a duck..If it was a straight option between khan and pac there would be no question about it but it could have been both khan and Pacman If he wasnt afraid he could lose to the former.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat 31 Jan 2015, 1:19 am

The usual suspects chatting some sh1t here

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 31 Jan 2015, 5:42 am

ShahenshahG wrote:

Yes but it says enough that he feared losing to Khan...so it was a duck..If it was a straight option between khan and pac there would be no question about it but it could have been both khan and Pacman If he wasnt afraid he could lose to the former.

A bit like Khan avoiding Alexander the first time so he could chase Mayweather around the playground like a little girl.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 31 Jan 2015, 7:23 am

Strongback wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:

A bit like Khan avoiding Alexander the first time so he could chase Mayweather around the playground like a little girl.

it was Alexander or Mayweather not Alexander and Mayweather or so Khan was assured by TMT. Then Mayweather decided on the ostensibly easier task of Maidana. Khan would have fought Alexander had TMT not suggested a deal was imminent. Bradley had no intention of fighting Khan

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 31 Jan 2015, 8:31 am

That's not really true though is it, Shah? Saying it was "Alexander and Mayweather" suggests Khan would have faced Mayweather even if he lost, and that he couldn't fight in December, and again in May. There's no reason to believe either of these are true.

Khan skipped Alexander because he knew if he lost, he lost his golden lottery ticket. No different to Bradley. The difference is of course, Bradley won the lottery... and Khan is still demanding his fight
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 31 Jan 2015, 9:08 am

kingraf wrote:That's not really true though is it, Shah? Saying it was "Alexander and Mayweather" suggests Khan would have faced Mayweather even if he lost, and that he couldn't fight in December, and again in May. There's no reason to believe either of these are true.

Khan skipped Alexander because he knew if he lost, he lost his golden lottery ticket. No different to Bradley. The difference is of course, Bradley won the lottery... and Khan is still demanding his fight

I'm not saying that at all just saying that just like haye demanding klitschko not fight chisora, TMT suggested to Khan he could have the fight ...and asked him to wait for it. I don't think khan feared losing to Alexander at all and in no way shape or form did Klitschko fear losing to Chisora. It's just that both of them haye and TMT held something that khan and klitschko wanted so held a measure of influence over them. It's quite likely that TMT feared that Khan could lose so stepped in to keep another option open. The difference between the two? Bradley made excuses first and didn't even entertain the notion that he would fight Khan whereas until TMT stepped in the Alexander fight was all but signed barring sticking points where the fight would be held.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 31 Jan 2015, 9:20 am

Looks like the pac may fight is on according to reports on the net although waiting for confirmation

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 31 Jan 2015, 9:27 am

So why did TMT ask Khan to wait on it? It can't be recovery, since Maidana also had a fight in December 2013. It could only be them thinking, rightly so, that a defeat would hurt business. Khan agreed, otherwise he wouldn't have cancelled the fight. The fact that it went on to blow up in his face spectacularly doesn't change the fact that he played the game.

Bradley may have made a ton of excuses, but thats his personality. He made a ton of excuses for why he wouldn't fight Alexander (a fighter he beat) in a rematch for what would have been his second highest purse to instead fight Provodnikov... A year later he'd earned $10 million fighting Marquez and Pacquiao. Again he played the long game well... Khan hasn't
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 31 Jan 2015, 9:41 am

kingraf wrote:So why did TMT ask Khan to wait on it? It can't be recovery, since Maidana also had a fight in December 2013. It could only be them thinking, rightly so, that  a defeat would hurt business. Khan agreed, otherwise he wouldn't have cancelled the fight. The fact that it went on to blow up in his face spectacularly doesn't change the fact that he played the game.

Bradley may have made a ton of excuses, but thats his personality. He made a ton of excuses for why he wouldn't fight Alexander (a fighter he beat) in a rematch for what would have been his second highest purse to instead fight Provodnikov... A year later he'd earned $10 million fighting Marquez and Pacquiao. Again he played the long game well... Khan hasn't

I've already said they saw that he might lose so they would lose out on an option...iI don't think khan was in any position to refuse. I doubt khan feared to lose otherwise he wouldn't have let the negotiations get so faR. Bradley might have played the long game well but he did duck khan to do so. He feared he would lose so didn't even entertain the notion then fought casa mayor for an easy win as soon as khan signed for Peterson. Khan was in no position to argue with TMT And they held his hearts desire in front of his face and said step back from this fight you're in with a shot so he did. The fact that it took TMT stepping in for him to withdraw from this fight suggests enough that he was very confident of getting it and didn't want to upset the applecart by fighing to keep a fight he'd taken to advance his claim to a shot at Mayweather. Bradley himself said if he lost he would be out of the running ...i think the difference is that khan pulled out because TMT suggested it and bradley avoided khan because he was afraid of losing. That TMT were afraid that khan would lose to Alexander no way reflects on Khan himself as evidenced by his near signing of the fight itself. If being afraid to lose to someone and not fighting them isn't ducking then what is?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 31 Jan 2015, 10:19 am

Khan had the Alexander fight lined up and based on something he hoped would happen gave it up because he thought he could get a better pay day against Mayweather. He had no guarantee of a Floyd fight but still gave up on Devon. He didn't want to slip up against Alexander and potentially lose his chance to earn big $$$$ against Mayweather.

That was a cynical duck that blew up in Khan's face.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 31 Jan 2015, 10:25 am

Near signing? What is a near signing, either you sign or you don't. There's no way anyone can argue that it made financially more sense for either party to not fight Alexander. Khan's last performance on American radar had him doing the chicken dance. Bradley said he was afraid of losing to Khan did he?

"I'm not ducking Amir Khan," he told
boxingscene.com. "I made a business move
and I know exactly what I'm doing.
"I am not ducking Amir Khan at all. Amir can
talk all he wants, but at 140 or 147lbs, you
will see Bradley and Khan get it on."

Turning down a risky 50-50 which pays a million dollars for a fight you're heavy underdog in for five million dollars would seem like the definition of a business move. The fact that the fight never got spoken of again in seriousness has much to do with the aforementioned chicken dance, Khan fighting the likes of Diaz while Bradley was taking on ATGs... and Khan then thinking beating above mentioned fighters was reasonable form to skip the queue
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 31 Jan 2015, 10:30 am

Strongback wrote:Khan had the Alexander fight lined up and based on something he hoped would happen gave it up because he thought he could get a better pay day against Mayweather.  He had no guarantee of a Floyd fight but still gave up on Devon.  He didn't want to slip up against Alexander and potentially lose his chance to earn big $$$$ against Mayweather.

If you took a moment away from being an emo and looked at it impartially you'd see that khan was in a weaker position with practically no hold on TMT and offering nothing else that they wanted. So they stepped in before it could be signed and suggested hr was in with a shot which is as good as saying dont fight this Frak or you're out. You're quite happy to argue this when it comes to dissing Mayweather but I guess a chance to be condescending was too much to pass up. We bow humbly at your wisdom owing from years of experience and your infallible impartiality gleaned from years of multi trillion dollar deals with Donald trumps hair.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 31 Jan 2015, 10:50 am

kingraf wrote:Near signing? What is a near signing, either you sign or you don't. There's no way anyone can argue that it made financially more sense for either party to not fight Alexander. Khan's last performance on American radar had him doing the chicken dance. Bradley said he was afraid of losing to Khan did he?

"I'm not ducking Amir Khan," he told
boxingscene.com. "I made a business move
and I know exactly what I'm doing.
"I am not ducking Amir Khan at all. Amir can
talk all he wants, but at 140 or 147lbs, you
will see Bradley and Khan get it on."

Turning down a risky 50-50 which pays a million dollars for a fight you're heavy underdog in for five million dollars would seem like the definition of a business move. The fact that the fight never got spoken of again in seriousness has much to do with the aforementioned chicken dance, Khan fighting the likes of Diaz while Bradley was taking on ATGs... and Khan then thinking beating above mentioned fighters was reasonable form to skip the queue

Im not arguing that it made no financial sense but bradley had both the opportunity to take both fights and be in a shot with winning them ...tthat he wasn't confident enough to take on Khan suggests he was afraid to lose. There's another such quote where bradley says what if I lose I'm out of the running so his fear to lose to khan prompted the avoidance. And again I point out that Khan was in no position to refuse TMT as he was depending on a shot he barely deserved. Bradley feared losing to Khan so it was a duck whereas khan was all but signed to fight Alexander and he would have had TMT not intervened. Hence the widespread scorn of Mayweather and the sympathy mixed with derision for khan when the fight didn't materialise.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 31 Jan 2015, 11:11 am

Sorry, but is there tangible evidence that Khan was given an either or decision? Best I've seen is he was told he had a chance, so backed out of the Alexander fight. The either or argument doesn't make sense because
- he didn't get the fight
- maidana fought in December... and still got the fight.

kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 31 Jan 2015, 12:01 pm

kingraf wrote:Sorry, but is there tangible evidence that Khan was given an either or decision? Best I've seen is he was told he had a chance, so backed out of the Alexander fight. The either or argument doesn't make sense because

Honestly? No apart from some half remembered anecdotes from people in and around the people involved. As for maidana getting the fight it was his unexpected slapping of Broner that got him it. It's possible that Khan would had gotten the fight had Broner not faced someone he could t bull with his size. It's also possible Broner could have got it but I think they were saving up Broner as future income

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 31 Jan 2015, 12:01 pm

kingraf wrote:Sorry, but is there tangible evidence that Khan was given an either or decision? Best I've seen is he was told he had a chance, so backed out of the Alexander fight. The either or argument doesn't make sense because

Honestly? No apart from some half remembered anecdotes from people in and around the people involved. As for maidana getting the fight it was his unexpected slapping of Broner that got him it. It's  possible that Khan would had gotten the fight had Broner not faced someone he could t bull with his size. It's also possible Broner could have got it but I think they were saving up Broner as future income

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 31 Jan 2015, 12:19 pm

Well that's it though. Khan is given a pass based on anecdotal evidence brought forth by people who needed to explain why they cancelled what I assume was a high six figure/low seven figure fight for what turned out to be pie in the sky.

I have no problem with Khan opting out the Alexander fight. But the only real difference between this and the Bradley debacle is the PR spin put on it. And of course the fact that Bradley is laughing to the bank right now
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 31 Jan 2015, 12:34 pm

kingraf wrote:Well that's it though. Khan is given a pass based on anecdotal evidence brought forth by people who needed to explain why they cancelled what I assume was a high six figure/low seven figure fight for what turned out to be pie in the sky.

I have no problem with Khan opting out the Alexander fight. But the only real difference between this and the Bradley debacle is the PR spin put on it. And of course the fact that Bradley is laughing to the bank right now

Again I'd disagree as their respective positions were different at the time but yes bradley has benefitted from his whereas khan has suffered from his.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat 31 Jan 2015, 1:37 pm

Khan had agreed to terms to face Mayweather which was the reason he dropped the Alexander fight. Mayweather shafted him by changing his mind when Maidana scored an upset win of Broner. There was no pie in the sky element to this fight. Khan was being positioned for a Mayweather fight since way back when he beat Diaz.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 31 Jan 2015, 3:09 pm

It's quite literally pie in the sky if there's no contract. Where are the crumbs then? Where's the signature? Was Khan given step aside money? Did Floyd then promise him to fight him next?

There's no residual of a fight that could have been made, hence it's pie in the sky.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Sat 31 Jan 2015, 3:16 pm

TMZ saying fight is done...Maybe BS

anyway - Khan on the fight between floyd and manny - Suprisingly doesn't sound that bitter and desperate

"I think Mayweather-Pacquiao is a massive fight, the biggest in boxing. It would make sense. It should have happened a long time ago," Khan told ESPN.com this week. "So if they finally make it I can't argue against that fight as much as I want to fight those guys. I can't cry over it. If it happens, I am a boxing fan and I will be interested in it. I will be a little upset if I don't get one of them because I think I have proved myself. But if they fight each other, I am fine.

"At the end of the day, everybody wants to see that fight. I want to see it. It's the biggest fight in boxing in a long, long time. People have been waiting for it. But if it doesn't happen, I hope I get to fight one of them. I think I will get one of them. I'm in a very good position."

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/12252580/amir-khan-waiting-floyd-mayweather-jr-manny-pacquiao

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Sat 31 Jan 2015, 3:18 pm

kingraf wrote:It's quite literally pie in the sky if there's no contract. Where are the crumbs then? Where's the signature? Was Khan given step aside money? Did Floyd then promise him to fight him next?

There's no residual of a fight that could have been made, hence it's pie in the sky.

Oscar said that Al Haymon gave him his word that floyd fight will happen

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 31 Jan 2015, 5:10 pm

catchweight wrote:Khan had agreed to terms to face Mayweather which was the reason he dropped the Alexander fight. Mayweather shafted him by changing his mind when Maidana scored an upset win of Broner. There was no pie in the sky element to this fight. Khan was being positioned for a Mayweather fight since way back when he beat Diaz.

For once we're in agreement, i'm pretty sure there was a contract on the table which Khan had signed and he was then left waiting for Mayweather to do likewise, he however did not duck Alexander. Hell he even went on to face and beat him.

Bradley on the other hand bypassed Khan to take on lesser opposition before then facing Pacquiao, he didn't fight him instead of Khan.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 31 Jan 2015, 5:49 pm

That's because Devon went nowhere in the proceding year. On the other hand... Khan went and got kayoed in 2012, then spent eighteen months feeling his way back in... In comparison Bradley had three fights with Marquez and Manny and got as himself on the P4P list.

Stop pretending this was an either or decision for Khan. The fights were well spaced enough to allow him to fight Mayweather at full tilt if he beat Alexander. Heck Maidana did it! The only thing which have hindered said fight from taking place really, was a defeat.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 31 Jan 2015, 7:36 pm

Stevo, Froch, May, Manny, Khan, Bradley.....

Boxing's best fighters are dirty cowards..

Leon Trotsky he took an ice pick that made his ears burn...No more heroes anymore !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 31 Jan 2015, 7:41 pm

What's an American doing quoting the stranglers?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 31 Jan 2015, 7:48 pm

Love the Clash, The Who too..

Someone put me on to them years ago.....Skin deep, Always the Sun.....Great stuff !!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 31 Jan 2015, 7:54 pm

Golden Brown soars above everything else.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 31 Jan 2015, 7:55 pm

Wow some common ground Laugh

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 31 Jan 2015, 8:22 pm

Used to be into an anarchic New York underground rock band called The Fast.....

You should listen to some of their stuff.....Give Moontan a miss though..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 01 Feb 2015, 1:17 pm

kingraf wrote:That's because Devon went nowhere in the proceding year. On the other hand... Khan went and got kayoed in 2012, then spent eighteen months feeling his way back in... In comparison Bradley had three fights with Marquez and Manny and got as himself on the P4P list.

Stop pretending this was an either or decision for Khan. The fights were well spaced enough to allow him to fight Mayweather at full tilt if he beat Alexander. Heck Maidana did it! The only thing which have hindered said fight from taking place really, was a defeat.

Why would he face Alexander when he believed (and was advised) that he was going to be Mayweathers next opponent? Khan has done everything in his power to try get a fight with Mayweather. From his perspective, its only been bad luck that it hasnt happened. Mayweather has strung him along.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 02 Feb 2015, 9:22 am

Strongback wrote:Khan had the Alexander fight lined up and based on something he hoped would happen gave it up because he thought he could get a better pay day against Mayweather.  He had no guarantee of a Floyd fight but still gave up on Devon.  He didn't want to slip up against Alexander and potentially lose his chance to earn big $$$$ against Mayweather.

100% correct, IMO.

Still a different situation to Bradley consciously avoiding and have no interest in fighting Khan though.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3