The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Happened to Alexander Frenkel?

4 posters

Go down

What Happened to Alexander Frenkel? Empty What Happened to Alexander Frenkel?

Post by adamk Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:36 pm

Saw him almost decapitate Enzo Mac and though wow he can hit! Then he seemed to vanish.... rumours of mental illness were all I could find regarding him until last night when I asked Enzo on twitter and this was his response:

Enzo Maccarinelli ‏@theRealEnzoMac · 21h21 hours ago
@AdamKennett failed an Mri scan after out fight and I think he's currently in prison

He could've been the man at CW had he not failed that MRI

adamk

Back to top Go down

What Happened to Alexander Frenkel? Empty Re: What Happened to Alexander Frenkel?

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:43 pm

Not sure, I think Enzo was kind of edging him at the time Frenkel sparked him, so perhaps not quite the man at Cruiserweight if he's being outboxed by Enzo Mac, but meh.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

What Happened to Alexander Frenkel? Empty Re: What Happened to Alexander Frenkel?

Post by 88Chris05 Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:45 pm

Yeah, I remember hearing quite a while back that his MRI scans had shown some worrying signs and that his career might be curtailed because of them. Never heard owt about him doing porridge, though.

The Maccarinelli fight was the only time I'd ever seen Frenkel box up until then, and I'm pretty sure he's not fought since. I've not re-watched the fight in full since then - obviously I've seen the highlight reel left hook and subsequent stoppage, though - but from my memory Enzo was outboxing Frenkel for the most part and had built up a lead beforehand. Don't recall thinking that Frenkel looked particularly quick, skilled etc, but obviously he had the power to offset other guys who were. It was a beautifully set-up and executed left hook, has to be said.

Shame that things have been a wash out for him since then. The Cruisers get a lot of bad press, but if you ignore the fact that it's a division with a largely poor history and a safe haven for guys too lazy to make 175 and never in a million years good / big enough to challenge the Heavies, they generally do serve up some exciting fights. A division with Frenkel near the top along with guys like Huck and Lebedev wouldn't be bad viewing.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:14 pm

He suffered with depression and took a break from the sport, just never came back sadly.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down