The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saunders v Eubank Presser

+16
DuransHorse
milkyboy
rob-glos
horizontalhero
CallMeBenji
owen10ozzy
TRUSSMAN66
TopHat24/7
Coxy001
wheelchair1991
spencerclarke
hogey
John Bloody Wayne
Haito
SugarRayBray
Seanusarrilius
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Saunders v Eubank Presser - Page 2 Empty Saunders v Eubank Presser

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 24 Nov 2014, 5:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

Round 1 to Junior. Looked cool and calm. Came alone. Talked with a cold, unemotional tongue. BJS looked a bit wound up. Was a good presser.

I have a feeling Eubank is going to lose some early rounds and come on strong in mid to later rounds. I think he may stop BJS.

I am more excited about this fight than any other this year! Your thoughts??

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Saunders v Eubank Presser - Page 2 Empty Re: Saunders v Eubank Presser

Post by DuransHorse Wed 26 Nov 2014, 10:59 pm

If Senior says Junior is the best since SRL then who are we to argue with the sound mind of the tweed wearing, monocled, jodhper strutting genius!

I hope Eubank wins. I like him, don't know why, I just do. Like Milky says there's little evidence to back it up and a bucket load of wishful thinking and a wild imagination fuelled by nostalgia but I'm firmly on the bandwagon with pizzas for wheels and pulled by a unicorn.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 26 Nov 2014, 11:35 pm

It's a feeling fight and like so many I think Eubank is going to do him easily, think it might be seniors confidence rubbing off on me.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 27 Nov 2014, 10:09 am

My first thought when I heard the fight announced was this is a very ambitious fight for Eubank and a big step too soon for Chrissy Jr. I believe in the idea that 'your first thought is usually the best thought'.

I think it will be a decent match-up with neither fighter being outclassed. I don't think either fighter at this level has concussive power that will suddenly end the fight. If I was betting I would be looking at Saunders by decision.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 27 Nov 2014, 10:13 am

milkyboy wrote: if it wasn't for his dad, no-one would give a hoot about this fight, Infact we'd be slating Saunders for taking it.

That is the line of all lines in this fight.....

People are taking it as red that talent runs in the family.............Ring history shows it doesn't..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 27 Nov 2014, 1:26 pm

Massive prediction thread on Boxingscene, most of which choose BJS. Nick Blackwell is an interesting one as he has sparred one and fought the other. Does my confidence in Junior shrink after reading this? WAR JUNIOR! That is all

http://www.boxingscene.com/eubank-vs-saunders-clash-massive-predictions-poll--84711

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 27 Nov 2014, 1:38 pm

What I will say truss, is we have seen glimpses of talent. Despite what I've said earlier I see Saunders as a benchmark type fighter. You can see his level. It will take a good fighter to beat him. I've genuinely no idea if Eubank junior is a good fighter or not... But we will find out on Saturday. No result in this fight would surprise me, and those are the fights I like to watch, so I'm looking forward to it. On balance though I agree with strongy and think its most likely to be close and competitive, certainly early on.

And if junior wins, we might have a new kid on the block to get excited about. All ifs and maybes.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 27 Nov 2014, 1:46 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:Massive prediction thread on Boxingscene, most of which choose BJS. Nick Blackwell is an interesting one as he has sparred one and fought the other. Does my confidence in Junior shrink after reading this? WAR JUNIOR! That is all

http://www.boxingscene.com/eubank-vs-saunders-clash-massive-predictions-poll--84711

The guys on Boxingscene see it like I do...

Nothing to suggest that Eubank has the capability at Saunders level........No experience of 12 rounds and how to pace yourself above 8....Lest not forget it will be the first fight he's had where the crowd will be screaming and where his adrenalin will be truly flowing !! (Remember Bowe v Hide)...........Saunders is not only tricky but a southpaw and has experience of going the distance and of the bigger occasion !!....

Everything is in Saunders favor..........Too many people are going with their hearts instead of their heads..

Be amazed If Jr lasts the distance let alone wins.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 27 Nov 2014, 1:53 pm

Don't say that, Tuss. I will be staying on your couch if Jnr. doesn't come good Sat night. I bet me rent on it (30 quid, but still).

Junior can rise to the occasion. BJS has looked gassy in the past. For me, it will come down to how BJS reacts to Junior's offensive onslaught. If he can evade those punches, or take them on the arms and fire back with landing blows, he will be in great shape. If he clams up and eats some of Eubank's power shots, I see it being a long night for him.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Thu 27 Nov 2014, 8:34 pm

Really not sure how so many people are so quick to pick JR for this one...fast hands and good shot variety is all I see that stands out to be frank. Any prospect can look a million bucks when fighting out of shape journeymen who are flown over and paid to lose....
On the other hand, any prospect who has come up the harder way, fought (and beaten) 4 other unbeaten prospects (Fletcher, O'Sullivan, Ryder, Blandemura) is not always going to look like the complete fighter, because he is pushing himself against the best at his current level, and learning from each bout.

I mean what the hell will JR have actually learned in those 18 fights to date compared to what Saunders has. Not to mention, Saunders is actually a very good fighter. His jab and footwork are tremendous, and the short counters he throws inside while his opponent assaults are highly impressive. He really should win this...unless JR really does have another few levels we've not seen. However when I watch JR i see a strong powerful guy with like I mentioned, fast hands and good variety. However I also see someone who isn't that hard to catch clean, and telegraphs his shots like nothing I've seen in a long time.

Cmon Saunders!

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Fri 28 Nov 2014, 9:05 am

Eubank round 6.
More motivated for this than any fight previously and no doubt had a very serious training camp

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2