The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saunders v Eubank Presser

+16
DuransHorse
milkyboy
rob-glos
horizontalhero
CallMeBenji
owen10ozzy
TRUSSMAN66
TopHat24/7
Coxy001
wheelchair1991
spencerclarke
hogey
John Bloody Wayne
Haito
SugarRayBray
Seanusarrilius
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Saunders v Eubank Presser Empty Saunders v Eubank Presser

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 24 Nov 2014, 5:04 pm

Round 1 to Junior. Looked cool and calm. Came alone. Talked with a cold, unemotional tongue. BJS looked a bit wound up. Was a good presser.

I have a feeling Eubank is going to lose some early rounds and come on strong in mid to later rounds. I think he may stop BJS.

I am more excited about this fight than any other this year! Your thoughts??

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Saunders v Eubank Presser Empty Re: Saunders v Eubank Presser

Post by SugarRayBray Mon 24 Nov 2014, 6:09 pm

Agreed, he looked calm and self-assured. But Saunders seems confident as well, albeit a little jumpy.
However, whenever one fighter asks the other if they'll go toe-to-toe, it normally results in the opposite.
Excited for the fight, but I fear it will be a cagey affair throughout with neither willing to commit. Hope I'm wrong.

SugarRayBray

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 24 Nov 2014, 6:29 pm

BJS will be busy, and he should be. Best chance of BJS winning is wide points. Eubank can be very low with his punch output. BJS should capitalize on that.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayBray Mon 24 Nov 2014, 6:33 pm

I still don't think we have seen half of what Eubank can do, I think he fights well within himself. He could unleash it all against Saunders. But could he struggle if BJS sets a high tempo?
This is what makes it so interesting, can't wait to find out.

SugarRayBray

Back to top Go down

Post by Haito Mon 24 Nov 2014, 6:50 pm

This fight is going to show us what Eubank Jnr truly has in his locker. He is untested thus far & has spent as much ring time pouting and posing as he has boxing.

Saunders who I think lacks the power to ever be truly world level, will take him out of his comfort zone. He has a decent skillset & can fight at a good tempo. Eubank jnr will have to up his output considerably if he is to be in this fight.

Tough one to call but I think Eubank jnr could take this.
Haito
Haito

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 24 Nov 2014, 8:54 pm

Me too, Haito. I believe in his skills. Won't be easy, but I expect him to turn it on over the course of the fight. BJS has looked gassy in the past.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 24 Nov 2014, 8:57 pm

EAT LESS
BEEEAANS

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 24 Nov 2014, 8:57 pm

*fewer

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 24 Nov 2014, 9:09 pm

Haha

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon 24 Nov 2014, 9:25 pm

Based on what i have seen of both so far i think BJS wins well, Eubanks Jnr looks nothing special to me not much power and made hard work against limited opposition. Take the Eubanks name out of the equation and we would be saying this unproven novice with not much power and untested skills is in for a very tough night against a fighter of proven quality in the paid and unpaid ranks. If he has his Dads chin he loses a wide decision after enduring a painful 12 rounds, if he doesn't have the old mans mandible then he gets stopped in 7-8 rounds

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 24 Nov 2014, 9:31 pm

Appreciate your confidence hogey, but Eubank Jr. is going to step up to the occasion. Eubank name will RISE AGAIN! Smile

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon 24 Nov 2014, 9:41 pm

God help us if thats true Smile
My mum hits harder than Jnr and he spends so much time prancing about trying to be his nutty old fella he forgets to throw any more than half a dozen of his powder puff punches a round. Unless Eubanks has been hiding some secret talent and can find a punch power above that of a chelsea pensioner i cant see him being anymore than an expensive sacrificial lamb.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 24 Nov 2014, 9:43 pm

BJS is no puncher.

Eubank's power is developing, like his brand.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon 24 Nov 2014, 9:47 pm

Bloody hell Chris i didn't know you posted on here Laugh Laugh Laugh
BJS in not a huge puncher, but he hits plenty hard enough to hurt Bambi. Too be honest mate it would be great for boxing if Jnr was the real deal just to get Chris back on the scene alone, just dont think he has much substance under the style.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 24 Nov 2014, 9:52 pm

It is very hard to tell what he actually has. We won't know until Sat. EUBANK NAME WILL RISE AGAIN!

Expect them to ride out on horseback

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Tue 25 Nov 2014, 7:22 am

Eubank jr's unknown is what makes this fight intruiging. We could easily be saying after the fight 'well it was obvious BJS was going to do that to him, he hadn't fought anyone'. But I along with a fair few now get the feeling jr could pull this off and have a decent career. We could all end up with egg on our face but it's going to the interesting all the same.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue 25 Nov 2014, 8:04 am

The way Warren's luck has been i refuse to get excited about the fight until they are in the ring

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue 25 Nov 2014, 9:34 am

Still remember the numpties who thought Groves looked calm, had won the mind games and all that jazz.

And he got hammered, embarrassed as a result and now has a mental condition that those who have fought trench warfare suffer.

Eubank spanks him silly.

Too good. Too quick. Too amazing.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue 25 Nov 2014, 9:48 am

Forgot to mention I couldn't give a toss monkey who looks what at the weigh in.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 25 Nov 2014, 10:14 am

Big Fight News posted a photo on Twitter yesterday of the pair from just recently and BJS looked in absolutely fantastic shape.

He's tended to look slightly fleshy in the past but he was absolutely ripped, shows he's taking this challenge really seriously. Doesn't bode well for Eubank Jr.....though I don't think I can call this until I've watched a couple of rounds play out.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue 25 Nov 2014, 10:37 am

[quote="TopHat24/7"]Big Fight News posted a photo on Twitter yesterday of the pair from just recently and[b] BJS looked in absolutely fantastic shape[/b].

[b]He's tended to look slightly fleshy in the past but he was absolutely ripped[/b], shows he's taking this challenge really seriously.  Doesn't bode well for Eubank Jr.....though I don't think I can call this until I've watched a couple of rounds play out.[/quote]

Want a kleenex sunshine?

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue 25 Nov 2014, 10:52 am

If someone can explain why quote never works then please feel free to let me know. It's ruining the comedic value I'm bringing that this forum so desperately needs.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 25 Nov 2014, 11:11 am

Captain Kirk wrote:If someone can explain why quote never works then please feel free to let me know. It's ruining the comedic value I'm bringing that this forum so desperately needs.

Because you're a fcuktard?

Last edited by TopHat24/7 on Tue 25 Nov 2014, 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue 25 Nov 2014, 11:57 am

[quote="TopHat24/7"][quote="Captain Kirk"]If someone can explain why quote never works then please feel free to let me know. It's ruining the comedic value I'm bringing that this forum so desperately needs./quote]

Because you're a fcuktard?[/quote]
[/quote]

I press quote. Type my highly engaging, sometimes witty comments and then the efferking quote function simply doesn't work.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 25 Nov 2014, 12:21 pm

Must be a problem with your user name or something weird as it didn't work for me for the first time in quoting you just there!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 25 Nov 2014, 12:22 pm

[quote="TopHat24/7"]Must be a problem with your user name or something weird as it didn't work for me for the first time in quoting you just there![quote]

Test.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 25 Nov 2014, 12:23 pm

Hmmmm.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 25 Nov 2014, 12:25 pm

I have my suspicions that a mod came in and retro-edited my post to remove one of the brackets, screwing up the quote function.

The clue being, I had had to go back in and edit a typo already, and evidence of that edit had been removed....... ghost

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 25 Nov 2014, 2:50 pm

Never speak ill of the mods. Otherwise you will be removed Smile

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 25 Nov 2014, 3:01 pm

Hahahahahaha

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 25 Nov 2014, 3:06 pm

Amazing all the leaps of faith on here over Eubank.....

Never been over 8 rounds (This is 12), never fought anything remotely decent.....and he's going from chumps to a Brit/European champion........who is probably world class and who I'd pick to beat Lee who is probably a champ in waiting.

Helluva leap !! ...........If the top fighters were all useless slobs like at Heavy then it wouldn't be a problem......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 25 Nov 2014, 3:43 pm

Yes, Truss. Some of us can actually make a decision about a fighter without them having already achieved everything they possibly can.

I think Eubank is better than Ryder and Blackwell, and both of them ran BJS close. I expect BJS to be at his best, but Eubank will be better. You stick to BJS, because he has ticked the boxes. We will go with the more talented looking fighter.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 25 Nov 2014, 4:21 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:Yes, Truss. Some of us can actually make a decision about a fighter without  them having already achieved everything they possibly can.

How many fighters achieve everything they can ?? Rolling Eyes

Look......You can be the best pilot ever in a simulator.............Are you when it matters..??

He is unproven at domestic level and he's fighting a World level operator without testing the waters at lower levels..

You can't make a judgement with any confidence........... Matey !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 25 Nov 2014, 4:27 pm

I can, and I have. Eubank will defeat BJS. I see it. You lack vision. I see in Matrix, you are still staring at the girl in the red dress . . . from the 80's. Stick to Honey talk. This thread is for the big boys who go out on a limb.

Seanus has spoken (his weener swinging in the breeze)

If I am wrong, I will remove all evidence that proves we ever conversed on this topic.

Saunders v Eubank Presser 3559488474

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 25 Nov 2014, 4:29 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:I can, and I have. Eubank will defeat BJS. I see it. You lack vision. I see in Matrix, you are still staring at the girl in the red dress . . . from the 80's. Stick to Honey talk. This thread is for the big boys who go out on a limb.

If I am wrong, I will remove all evidence that proves we ever conversed on this topic.  

I've been told......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 25 Nov 2014, 4:30 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:I can, and I have. Eubank will defeat BJS. I see it. You lack vision. I see in Matrix, you are still staring at the girl in the red dress . . . from the 80's. Stick to Honey talk. This thread is for the big boys who go out on a limb.

I've been told......

Yes.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 25 Nov 2014, 5:02 pm

Still sticking my neck out a little and going for Eubank here; could well be that he is proven to be all bluster. However I just have this inkling that Jr has merely been toying with opponents and when he needs to really do the business he will. No doubt it will be a close one, and it's great to see a domestic genuine 50/50 fight with two relative youngsters taking place (Quigg and Frampton are you listening) .

Truss I'm not sure where you get the idea of Saunders being a World Level Operative; he's European at best atm given that's as far as he has got in his career. Still higher than Eubank but then he has been in the game longer. I feel BJS's career has stalled somewhat lately (1 fight in 15 months) and I think the stagnation may well play a factor here.

The fight bears a fair bit of resemblance to the Groves v DeGale in that plenty who went for the Olympian who had fought at a higher level and had the greater amateur pedigree and those willing to go for Groves did so off the back of seeing more potential in them. I went for the man without the Olympic experience that time round and will do so again in this one.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Nov 2014, 5:07 pm

If Eubank has even a fraction of the self belief his old man did at his peak he'll win this. A lot of people wanted Benn to smack his face in when the fought for the first time but Eubank used that negative energy and channeled it into his boxing. If Jr can do the same on the biggest night of his life, you might just see something special. Saunders is decent but I think he's allowed Eubank to get under his skin and a also have doubts that Saunders is smart enough to realize he's be done in the build-up.

Think he tries to take Eubank's head off his shoulders and gets picked apart

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeBenji Tue 25 Nov 2014, 6:10 pm

Full agree DAVE. I think Senior has earmarked BJS as being a miniature Benn for Junior and he has done so in the knowledge that he has the beating of him. Everything up to now has been the necessary panto to drum up the interest (and it has definitely worked). I predict that Junior will either win a close decision (possibly SD/MD) or he will walk the over-zealous BJS onto something big and stop him.

CallMeBenji

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 25 Nov 2014, 7:22 pm

EUBANK IS THE ONLY TRUTH IN A WORLD OF FICTION

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Tue 25 Nov 2014, 8:31 pm

Before Benn v Eubank a lot a people were questioning Eubank's lack of quality opposition, lack of big fight experience, and Benn was redeemed since his move to the US. I have a gut feeling the Junior is going to pull this off
have Froch or Groves made any predictions for this fight? I'd be interested to hear from those who have sparred with Junior as Peoria seem to be positive.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Nov 2014, 10:34 am

Heard Eubank Jr this morning on TalkSport and he came across really well. Just like his old man with the right mix of confidence and swagger without the need to raise his voice or "do a Bellew". He doesn't think BJS is a good role model given his homophobic outbursts of late and feels that it's duty to rid boxing of him.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 26 Nov 2014, 10:52 am

Sensible stance to take up.

Seriously looking forward to this....!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Wed 26 Nov 2014, 1:02 pm

Turns out if you're not a Boxnation subscriber, but do have Sky you can buy this as a PPV one off. 

For £30. 

Or subscribe for a month for £12 (no minimum term). 

Now I know they do this in the hope people subscribe and don't cancel and to bolster their subscription numbers....

It's still really silly.

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 26 Nov 2014, 1:05 pm

I assume Strongy will be balanced and slate Warren accordingly now??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 26 Nov 2014, 1:28 pm

Eubank seems very measured and cool..

Huge step up though.....

But what a win it would be....

Can't see it.....BJS late..

As for the homophobic stuff..It's naughty but I don't think the kid means it...It's just street talk...

Though someone should have a word..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 26 Nov 2014, 2:16 pm

You are bending Truss. I sense it. You can feel the Eubank genius. You are starting to see in green lines. Lines of truth. Lines of Eubank.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Nov 2014, 4:01 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Eubank seems very measured and cool..

Huge step up though.....

As for the homophobic stuff..It's  naughty but I don't think the kid means it...It's just street talk...

I suggest Julian Clary be made the MC for the night

"And over there in the blue corner...he's a very naughty boy and I will be giving a him a firm dressing down later this evening...Billy Joe also known as BJ...ooh, well I never, I tell a lie of course, but I digress...introducing B.J. ahem, Saunders!"

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 26 Nov 2014, 4:28 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Eubank seems very measured and cool..

Huge step up though.....

As for the homophobic stuff..It's  naughty but I don't think the kid means it...It's just street talk...

I suggest Julian Clary be made the MC for the night

"And over there in the blue corner...he's a very naughty boy and I will be giving a him a firm dressing down later this evening...Billy Joe also known as BJ...ooh, well I never, I tell a lie of course, but I digress...introducing B.J. ahem, Saunders!"

Got to be better than that moron who thinks he's Michael Buffer....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 26 Nov 2014, 10:22 pm

If we go on what we actually know and have witnessed, then its hard to see past Saunders. We know what we get... A proven solid pro, probably european level, maybe good dough to pick up an alphabet strap. Certainly given his struggles with Blackwell and Ryder, nothing to suggest he's a world beating talent.

With Eubank, it's all.. He's done well in sparring... He shows flashes of brilliance, his dad knows the game and wouldn't put him in with BJS unless he was sure he would win etc. the only guys he's fought with winning records are guys who've never fought anyone else with a winning record.

As yet, we've seen no evidence he has his dad's punch or his chin (nothing to shoe which were essentially what lifted Chris senior out of the crowd.

There's a lot of wishful thinking going on. Personally I
Hope he wins... And that all these gut instincts are correct. It's certainly possible which us why I'll be watching with interest, but let's not kid ourselves, if it wasn't for his dad, no-one would give a hoot about this fight, Infact we'd be slating Saunders for taking it.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next