The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The v2 Wrestling Podcast - Late Booking Loopholes, Survivor Series and British Buttcamp

2 posters

Go down

The v2 Wrestling Podcast - Late Booking Loopholes, Survivor Series and British Buttcamp Empty The v2 Wrestling Podcast - Late Booking Loopholes, Survivor Series and British Buttcamp

Post by Adam D Thu 20 Nov 2014, 9:11 pm

http://v2wrestling.com/5/post/2014/11/the-v2-wrestling-podcast-late-booking-loopholes-survivor-series-and-british-buttcamp.html

The v2 Wrestling Podcast - Late Booking Loopholes, Survivor Series and British Buttcamp 5744840
Welcome back to another edition of the v2 Wrestling podcast and welcome to all of our listeners on TNAsylum.com and 606v2.com

This week the team is made up of your host Adam, along with regulars Gavin, Chris and Rich who proceed to talk about the goings on in both TNA and WWE.

In a change from the usual proceedings, we kick off by looking over WWE and the build towards this weeks Survivor Series PPV. The team discuss the booking leading up to the match and its apparent random booking. One of the team defends the booking against the odds and for a change its not Adam trying to turn back the tide. As well as the booking, the ending of the match is predicted and the impact of it being “free” has on the outcome. Which leads on to the WWE question of the week – how do you think the PPV will end? We round off WWE by talking about disabled animals.

We then move on to TNA via Lucha Underground. During the TNA section, we discuss the current likely destination for Impact and which of its stars we would keep whose contract is expiring (ie Angle, Bully, Joe, Aries, Tenay, Wolves and Kim). 

Which leads us on to the big TNA question of the week – following the January reboot, which two people would you like to see in the commentators booth? Borasch? Tenay? Taz? Matthews? Spud? Don West? 
The discussion finishes with a look back at this weeks Bootcamp and who we think will win.

If you want to answer our question of the week, please email us at wrestling@v2journal.com or contact us through twitter (@v2wrestlingshow)or facebook (Click here) and please make sure to submit any questions you would like us to discuss!

To listen to the show scroll below or download from iTunes here (click)

If you have problem listening to the show on the v2Journal, you can listen directly to the show on http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2014-11-19T13_57_01-08_00

Interview with Gail Kim
Interview with Bram
Interview with Doug Williams
Interview with Rob Terry
Interview with Chris Daniels 
Hulk Hogan retrospective
Interview with TJ Perkins/ Manik
Interview with MVP
Interview with Snitsky
Interview with Austin Aries
Interview with Lex Luger
The latest v2 Wrestling Podcast

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The v2 Wrestling Podcast - Late Booking Loopholes, Survivor Series and British Buttcamp Empty Re: The v2 Wrestling Podcast - Late Booking Loopholes, Survivor Series and British Buttcamp

Post by Prometheus Thu 20 Nov 2014, 11:56 pm

IMO a better show for switching WWE and TNA chat.

Interesting discussion on the network. Going into the podcast I think I was with Hero (?) that WWE should throw everything at this to promote the network and get it's numbers up. Though I'd not quite agree with the 4M:1M Raw to Wrestlemania as one is viewers and the other buys, so probably more like 2:1, it still seemed like a lot of casual non-PPV wrestling fans who could potentially be hooked in.

But coming out I think I was more with Chris (?) that network figures won't rise much. I don't know if this is because people get their fix / update from Raw or how many stream, but it seems looking at the huge number of churns, i.e. Non-renewers there were a lot of people trying the product (and even paying to do that) but not sticking.

I think that is pretty bad news for WWE and wrestling if a global market for the network is going to average out at around 850K, with maybe a peak at WM but with the 1-month commitment this will go down again. If that proves to be the case, I think in 2016 we'll be back to the PPV formula, ie get the network for a year it'll be 120 (maybe creeping to 150-160 by then). Subscribe only for April to watch WM it'll be 50.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down