The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

v2 Wrestling Podcast: 18-22 Nov 2013

5 posters

Go down

v2 Wrestling Podcast: 18-22 Nov 2013 Empty v2 Wrestling Podcast: 18-22 Nov 2013

Post by crippledtart Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:13 pm

The new daily format debuts at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2013-11-18T12_01_55-08_00

Chris, Gavin and Paul discuss ways to revive the ailing Survivor Series brand.

Join us tomorrow as we talk about Mr Anderson and Aces & Eights.

A new mini episode of the v2 Wrestling Podcast will now be posted every weekday, with an omnibus edition at the weekend.

Feedback is not only welcome, it's allowed. And don't forget to follow us on twitter at @v2wrestlingshow

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

v2 Wrestling Podcast: 18-22 Nov 2013 Empty Re: v2 Wrestling Podcast: 18-22 Nov 2013

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:16 pm

Ironically while I was listening to this I noticed that the traditional survivor series match for this year has apparently been announced

5 v 5 Match:

Good show btw, look forward to seeing how this format goes ahead

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

v2 Wrestling Podcast: 18-22 Nov 2013 Empty Re: v2 Wrestling Podcast: 18-22 Nov 2013

Post by Adam D Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:43 am

Really enjoyed the new format.

I love Chris' English arrogance - people would travel from the states and Australia to London but people in England wouldn't travel to Cardiff!!

And you also stated people would go to a 4am finish in London ahead of going to wales for a normal finish!!
I think that the way to fix it is to have a month build up where its a mixture between night if champions and survivor series. Basically teams have to be made consisting of people challenging for all the belts (ie a world title shot, a tag shot, a mid card shot). That way, backstage segments in the build up would be people negotiating, forming tag teams to challenge etc.

Anyone left at the end gets their respective shots at the next ppv.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

v2 Wrestling Podcast: 18-22 Nov 2013 Empty The v2 Wrestling Podcast Tuesday 19th November

Post by crippledtart Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:59 pm

Tonight's v2 Wrestling Podcast is now up at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2013-11-19T10_38_29-08_00

Chris and Gavin discuss this week's upcoming Bully Ray vs Mr Anderson match on TNA Impact from a range of angles.

Is this match the greatest win-win situation in the history of wrestling? Are we about to see the end of Aces & Eights? Why do factions often end with such a whimper? How can TNA believably put a wrestler's career on the line in storylines? How do we rate Anderson?

The v2 Wrestling Podcast is now available every single weekday. Feedback is always welcome.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:52 pm

Good show guys

Yeah Chris does sound arrogant but I think he is telling it how it is. If your gonna have a ppv in the UK you would have it in London. If it wasn't there then Manchester would probably come next.

Millennium stadium is great but dont think Cardiff has the transport links, hotels etc to support the event etc.

Interesting point Adam, might be a good one to reinvent survivor series.

On the point of UK ppv, if you look at the summerslam line up from 92 and the one for this survivor series, you can see maybe it's a booking and feud thing.

Summerslam 92 lineup

Dark Jim Duggan and The Bushwhackers (Butch Miller and Luke Williams) defeated The Mountie and The Nasty Boys (Brian Knobs and Jerry Sags) (with Jimmy Hart)

Dark Papa Shango defeated Tito Santana

The Legion of Doom (Hawk and Animal) (with Paul Ellering) defeated Money Inc. (Ted DiBiase and Irwin R. Schyster) (with Jimmy Hart)

Nailz defeated Virgil

Shawn Michaels (with Sensational Sherri) fought Rick Martel to a double countout

The Natural Disasters (Earthquake and Typhoon) (c) defeated The Beverly Brothers (Blake and Beau) (with The Genius)

Crush defeated Repo Man

The Ultimate Warrior defeated Randy Savage by countout

The Undertaker (with Paul Bearer) defeated Kamala (with Harvey Wippleman and Kim Chee) by disqualification

Dark Tatanka defeated The Berzerker (with Mr. Fuji)

The British Bulldog (with Lennox Lewis) defeated Bret Hart

So pretty good lineup when compared to this year's survivor series, so maybe it's good booking for a UK ppv rather than existing storylines etc

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:48 pm

Will listen when I can. Just a few thoughts on the Bully Ray v Anderson match:

I`ve really enjoyed the rivalry they`ve had both with Anderson`s insubordination within Aces & 8s and their match at No Surrender, as well as their recent feud with Anderson hellbent on taking Bully Ray out. Loved his piledriver on Garrett Bishoff to send a message to Bully on last week`s impact.

For me the feud works, Anderson the ostracised member of Aces & 8s seeks revenge against Bully Ray who has ruled the club with draconian law and violent intimidation. The club was originally meant to be a brotherhood of wrestlers disillusioned with the establishment. It has turned into Bully Ray`s personal dictatorship and egotrip. For me this isn`t ending on a whimper, it`s a very logical process that I think has been believable.

This feud also puts Anderson in the spotlight once again and elevates him within the roster. He`s not been my favourite wrestler and I don`t think he`s as good as Roode, Hardy or Joe but he is a good promo artist and can carry a feud. I`ve enjoyed his transformation since leaving Aces & 8s.

This feud also keeps Bully out of the world heavyweight title tournament but gives him a prominent storyline to be involved in keeping him relevant also. Even though I think the product needs to go PG for better ratings and fan attendance, I do think Bully has played the heel sublimely. He is really easy to hate because he is such a terrible person in character.

This has been one of the better things to happen to Aces & 8s in the past couple of months and I`m happier with this kind of "civil war" storyline than the MEM, who were a shadow of the former faction. I think the MEM were good to give Magnus a much needed rub in his career and they put him over well both in their promos and obviously with his run in the BFG series and beating Sting at BFG. But I`m glad they`ve disbanded again. The inclusion of Rampage was a joke, Angle spent a large percentage of the time in rehab and Sting really needs to retire now - he doesn`t even bother taking his t-shirt off before wrestling anymore.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

v2 Wrestling Podcast: 18-22 Nov 2013 Empty The v2 Wrestling Podcast Wednesday 20th November

Post by crippledtart Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:33 pm

Our third daily edition of the v2 Wrestling Podcast is now up at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2013-11-20T14_32_14-08_00

Tonight Chris is joined by Gavin, Paul and Richard to discuss Big E Langston's WWE Intercontinental Title victory on this week's Raw.

Is Langston just WWE's latest "flavour of the month", who will plummet back down the card again when someone gets bored of him, or does he have more staying power?

Chris, a self-professed Big E Superfan, explains his odd obsession, and we talk about WWE's tendency to blow hot and cold on midcard acts.

Don't forget to join us again tomorrow as we debut a brand new regular feature!

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:56 am

Good show as always, are we getting a v2 room 101?

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:05 am

You might be onto something there Gregory...

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

v2 Wrestling Podcast: 18-22 Nov 2013 Empty The v2 Wrestling Podcast Thursday 21st November: Room 619

Post by crippledtart Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:09 pm

A new regular feature debuts in today's v2 Wrestling Podcast at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2013-11-21T11_07_21-08_00

Chris hosts as Gavin, Paul and Richard talk about the wrestling pet peeves they wish to consign to Room 619!

Do you agree or disagree with the choices? What would you like to banish from wrestling completely?

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

v2 Wrestling Podcast: 18-22 Nov 2013 Empty v2 Wrestling Podcast Friday 22nd November: Survivor Series Predictions

Post by crippledtart Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:14 pm

http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2013-11-22T12_11_00-08_00

It's the final show of the week and we look forward to Survivor Series.

Chris, Gavin, Paul and Richard preview every match on the card, and make their predictions.

You can follow the v2 Wrestling Podcast on twitter @v2wrestlingshow

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:30 am

whats in room 316?

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down