The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+9
Marco_Marky - Stuffington
Galted
kingraf
Rowley
Adam D
Pal Joey
JuliusHMarx
Union Cane
Mind the windows Tino.
13 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 2 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 05 Nov 2014, 10:50 am

First topic message reminder :

What, now?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 2 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 05 Nov 2014, 2:17 pm

Union Cane wrote:Just found myself on the Grimsby Telegraph website...

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 2 78342510

Is that you just above the left thigh of the chap in black and white (far right of picture)?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 2 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Union Cane Wed 05 Nov 2014, 2:22 pm

Nope, I'm next to the chap above the left thigh of the chap in black and white.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 05 Nov 2014, 2:23 pm

Union Cane wrote:Nope, I'm next to the chap above the left thigh of the chap in black and white.

Why are you looking over your left shoulder and not at the match?

Did a hot dog vendor walk past or something?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 05 Nov 2014, 2:29 pm

There were no ambulatory foodstuff vendors present, so up yours.

There was a burger van at the far end. It was probably that.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 05 Nov 2014, 3:38 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Adam D wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Rowley wrote:Superfly is funnier than you Tina. I like you both so can be considered completely objective in saying this. His taste in music is also far more snobby and elitist, and therefore better.

You do seem to wear better sweaters though, superfly's opinions on sweaters is, at this point, unknown.

By "sweater" I assume you mean "jumper".  

Never had cause to wear them really, but in my University days I did regularly sport a second hand (nowadays it would be called "vintage") navy cardigan with white piping on the lapels that had been manufactured out of some weird nylon/wool hybrid by an obscure, perverted, cardigan manufacturer from Germany.  

I looked awesome in it.  

Mo-Herr?

That is lovely stuff.  

It really is, it is worthy of Jules at his finest.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 05 Nov 2014, 3:45 pm

Rowley wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Adam D wrote:

Mo-Herr?

That is lovely stuff.  

It's not a bad pun, and on any other occasion it would have even been described as a real zinger, but unfortunately it appeared on the same thread as Tino's rectal thermometer joke and thus has been completely overshadowed.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 05 Nov 2014, 3:47 pm

You've made a right Sean of that quoting lark Union.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 05 Nov 2014, 3:51 pm

Ssshhhh, I fixed it and I don't think anyone noticed.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 05 Nov 2014, 4:12 pm

Rowley wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Adam D wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Rowley wrote:Superfly is funnier than you Tina. I like you both so can be considered completely objective in saying this. His taste in music is also far more snobby and elitist, and therefore better.

You do seem to wear better sweaters though, superfly's opinions on sweaters is, at this point, unknown.

By "sweater" I assume you mean "jumper".  

Never had cause to wear them really, but in my University days I did regularly sport a second hand (nowadays it would be called "vintage") navy cardigan with white piping on the lapels that had been manufactured out of some weird nylon/wool hybrid by an obscure, perverted, cardigan manufacturer from Germany.  

I looked awesome in it.  

Mo-Herr?

That is lovely stuff.  

It was very good. A mohair pun is worth more than mere cash.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 05 Nov 2014, 4:56 pm

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear windows, Happy birthday to you.

round trip including accommodation £5000
Booze £1500
Birthday cake £22

Avoiding 6 sets of birthday beats.....Priceless

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 06 Nov 2014, 7:37 am

Always nice to start the day with some random Shah abuse, classic stuff.

Fist

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 06 Nov 2014, 7:40 am

Morning Rick. London again for me today, absolutely horrible.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 06 Nov 2014, 7:41 am

2ec @

morning rick. please pardon the lower case. a capital day ahead?

make that third

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 06 Nov 2014, 7:50 am

Jeff wrote:Morning Rick. London again for me today, absolutely horrible.

Sorry to hear that mate, be strong, laugh at the cold southerners, and take heart that you will be back paying under a fiver for a pint in no time.

TLD wrote:morning rick. please pardon the lower case. a capital day ahead?
#

Morning TLD, I fear that Jules may be right on the grammar warpath today after Tino's birthday amnesty yesterday, but I am in no position to be questioning the use of capitals.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 06 Nov 2014, 8:05 am

Great line from a film I recorded called "Dirty Weekend". I'm just watching it now.

It's sort of a modern spaghetti western set in Italy.
A wealthy industrialist (played by Marcello Mastroianni) and his mistress (Carole Andre) gets kidnapped and driven all over the place by a group of communist bank robbers... being chased by police and journalists. Oliver Reed is one of the bandits but has a nasty German accent.  
It's meant to be a comedy but the dialogue is delivered straight and seriously.

It's all about how the situation develops throughout the stages of the chase and how all of their true characters emerge.

About 3/4 of the way through, the mistress says to the gun-toting female terrorist: (trying to play mind games with her using Fabian, the businessman, as bait)

"Don't fluff your chance. You'd love for Fabian to ball you..."

That sort of puts Fabian in an awkward position, doesn't it?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 06 Nov 2014, 8:07 am

rick_dagless wrote:but I am in no position to be questioning the use of capitals.

Laugh

No you're bLooDy noT.

I am going to be immaculate with my grammar today, Ricko, so have no fears over Jules and his warpath.

Jeff, why do you never ring me when you're down here? You could do with a friendly Northern voice. Anyone would think you don't actually want to meet me....

Morning LD, Jeff, Ricko.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 06 Nov 2014, 8:14 am

Morning Tino another spectacular autumnal morn in the North, my heart goes out to Jeff that he has to leave it today...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 06 Nov 2014, 8:19 am

rick_dagless wrote:Morning Tino another spectacular autumnal morn in the North, my heart goes out to Jeff that he has to leave it today...

Flipping cold this morning, Ricko.

The drive from my village to the town where I catch the train was beautiful though. It is only about 10 minutes but all the fields and woods had that lovely white glow to them. It looked stunning.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 06 Nov 2014, 8:22 am

Not sure what number I am... but morning.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 06 Nov 2014, 8:33 am

I'm never on the warpath, but remain in a constant state of vigilance.

Good morning to all and sundry (especially sundry).

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 06 Nov 2014, 8:34 am

Raf wrote:Not sure what number I am... but morning.

You are not a number Raf you are a man with a name, and don't you forget it.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 06 Nov 2014, 8:35 am

Morning Tino and Jeff.

The Sun is just going down here.

I had to order a universal milling head, new gear sets and bearings for a very large floor type boring machine from Osaka today.
I had to ring the engineer at his desk and talk him through the situation.

Anyway, it's all confirmed... he's onto the case and will response by middle of next week. The parts are for a machine tool factory - making massive components for industrial works, transportation, army, navy, energy plants, etc. It's amazing walking through there and seeing big things get made.

The old man sold them about 5 or 6 machines over the years so now the owner (who is also a good friend of mine) just calls me up to do the ordering, negotiations, confirmations. The Japanese organise all the shipping docs but then I have to handle the goods through Customs and delivery to site on this side. I also pick up the engineers from the airport, book their accommodation and then drop them off at the factory.  

It's all quite a funny little ritual. Like Groundhog Day. I've done it dozens of times now and I'm getting more refined each time.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 06 Nov 2014, 8:40 am

I was a bit gutted that my final pun of yesterday got lost as the final post of page 21 and in the usual late afternoon culture cup desertion. I only point this out so that you can re-visit and enjoy it, not because I'm in any way needy of anyone's approval.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 06 Nov 2014, 8:42 am

Bit random but I remember travelling up the east coast and seeing the gun implacements on Magnetic Island built to shellack the Japs if they ever got to close. Can't remember their range but it was something that amazed me at the time.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 06 Nov 2014, 8:54 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

Jeff, why do you never ring me when you're down here?  You could do with a friendly Northern voice.  Anyone would think you don't actually want to meet me....

Nothing could be further from the truth Tina. I don't call simply because when I go to London I do have things to do, of a work related nature. I never, repeat never go to London for my own enjoyment.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 06 Nov 2014, 8:55 am

Twelvety.

I had to de-ice the windscreen this morning. Brrr.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 06 Nov 2014, 8:56 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:I was a bit gutted that my final pun of yesterday got lost as the final post of page 21 and in the usual late afternoon culture cup desertion. I only point this out so that you can re-visit and enjoy it, not because I'm in any way needy of anyone's approval.

I saw it late last night, Jules and was suitably amused. Lovely stuff!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 06 Nov 2014, 8:57 am

Yes sean, the gun emplacements are dotted around but the distances in between are very large.

However, many people don't realise the extent of the attacks off Perth, Port Hedland, Broome, Wyndham, Darwin, etc on the west but also Townsville, Cairns, Newcastle, Sydney, etc on the east coast. That's such a massive distance.
They even bombed Katherine, which is 200km inland in NT!

Probably like 97 Pearl Harbours when you add it all up. Lots of bombs were dropped in those raids and also out in the Coral Sea. That is the 3rd biggest full scale naval battle in terms of ships and planes to this day I think... after Leyte Gulf and the Great Marianas Turkey Shoot.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 06 Nov 2014, 9:09 am

Thank you Rick. It means a lot to me. I was buying tickets to the local boxing card this morning. Inflation is crazy. Two months ago I bought tickets for R100 (R50 discount for loyalty cats holders), this morning it's R350... Jeez, I like Tommy Oosthuizen, but his return against a no mark isn't worth a furcking 250+% price gouge.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 06 Nov 2014, 9:13 am

kingraf wrote:Thank you Rick. It means a lot to me. I was buying tickets to the local boxing card this morning. Inflation is crazy. Two months ago I bought tickets for R100 (R50 discount for loyalty cats holders), this morning it's R350... Jeez, I like Tommy Oosthuizen, but his return against a no mark isn't worth a furcking 250+% price gouge.

Do you have to be loyal to the cat or does the cat have to be loyal to you?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 06 Nov 2014, 9:15 am

Oh fucrk I missed that. It's mist which has descended since I saw the prices.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 06 Nov 2014, 9:17 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:
However, many people don't realise the extent of the attacks off Perth, Port Hedland, Broome, Wyndham, Darwin, etc on the west but also Townsville, Cairns, Newcastle, Sydney, etc on the east coast. That's such a massive distance.

Saw a program on the Darwin raid. Didn't the town governors etc do a runner and leave the civvies to fend for themselves?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 06 Nov 2014, 9:47 am

seanmichaels wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:

Saw a program on the Darwin raid. Didn't the town governors etc  do a runner and leave the civvies to fend for themselves?

Not sure, they must have all been in a panic for sure.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 06 Nov 2014, 9:48 am

I think it was hushed up. Shame and all that. will have a look

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 06 Nov 2014, 10:07 am

LD, Sydney made the news here last night (well, the weather bit). 200 lightning strikes in an hour or something like that?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 06 Nov 2014, 11:12 am

Sean, Rokoduguni is starting on Saturday.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 06 Nov 2014, 11:16 am

FFS.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 06 Nov 2014, 11:16 am

SBW is starting for NZ.

He is going to trample over Kyle Eastmond on his way to the line.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 06 Nov 2014, 11:24 am

He was awesome at the weekend by all accounts.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 06 Nov 2014, 11:27 am

seanmichaels wrote:He was awesome at the weekend by all accounts.

He generally is. Great rugby player.

Hard as nails, great physique, very good looking, can play League, Union, national boxing champion. All round sporting giant.

Has anyone ever seen Sonny Bill and Raf in the same place?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 06 Nov 2014, 11:33 am

No, Raf is too pretty even fow SBW. There's quite a lot of stuff on the internet of Burgess 'owning' SBW. Don't know how much is fan sheeet but there is one hit that SBW didn't get up from quickly.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 06 Nov 2014, 11:37 am

seanmichaels wrote:No, Raf is too pretty even fow SBW. There's quite a lot of stuff on the internet of Burgess 'owning' SBW. Don't know how much is fan sheeet but there is one hit that SBW didn't get up from quickly.

Yeah I've see that. Burgess was clearly after him.

I hope Sam makes the same impact in Union as SBW did/has.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 06 Nov 2014, 11:45 am

I reckon 33-27 to NZ tomorrow but NZ will be 20+ points up with 15 to go.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 06 Nov 2014, 11:49 am

seanmichaels wrote:I reckon 33-27 to NZ tomorrow but NZ will be 20+ points up with 15 to go.

If we were playing them last out of the 4 games I would more confident.

Playing them first up after they have been battle hardened over the Rugby Championship and have all their plays as automatic makes me think we could be in for a hiding actually.

We will be rusty, the plays won't have used in a game situation, and we'll be missing guys like Tuillagi who has played well against them before.

I think we'll be lucky to finish within 10 points.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 06 Nov 2014, 11:51 am

Brilliant interview with O'Driscoll on BBC. Particularly the bit about size and winning collisions.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 06 Nov 2014, 11:52 am

Golf anyone?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 06 Nov 2014, 12:12 pm

I have to go to lunch with my team in a bit. Trouble is (without being a snob) they are not versed on what is acceptable foodwise. Seriously, dog sheeet menu. Last time I had to go I went for the safe option of a bowl of chips. They were like soggy school chips.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 06 Nov 2014, 12:20 pm

It's not about the food sean, it's about the bonding.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 06 Nov 2014, 12:23 pm

had a bonding session yesterday. during our break we were told to go and spend 10-15 minutes talking to someone outside our department. why would I want to do that? nipped outside for a smoke then sat in the bogs for 5 mins.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 06 Nov 2014, 12:27 pm

seanmichaels wrote:had a bonding session yesterday. during our break we were told to go and spend 10-15 minutes talking to someone outside our department. why would I want to do that? nipped outside for a smoke then sat in the bogs for 5 mins.

Interesting that when encouraged to bond you went to the toilets. Just like your school days.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next