The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow Warriors v Benetton Treviso, 31 October

+10
madmaccas
GLove39
Manky-Flanker
RDW
funnyExiledScot
demosthenes
Dorothy_Mantooth
BigGee
jimbopip
George Carlin
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Benetton Treviso, 31 October Empty Glasgow Warriors v Benetton Treviso, 31 October

Post by George Carlin Mon 27 Oct 2014, 6:14 am

Glasgow Warriors v Benetton Treviso, 31 October Glasgo14                             Glasgow Warriors v Benetton Treviso, 31 October Trevis11
Glasgow Warriors v Benetton Treviso
Friday 31 October 2014
KO 19:35
Scotstoun Stadium

Referee: Ian Davies (WRU, 21st competition game)
Assistant Referees: Neil Paterson, Lloyd Linton (both SRU)
Citing Commissioner: Iain Goodall (SRU)

The revolution will not be televised.

A. Teams:

Glasgow Warriors
Glasgow Warriors v Benetton Treviso, 31 October Kate_b10
15 Peter Murchie
14 Lee Jones
13 Richie Vernon
12 James Downey
11 DTH van der Merwe
10 Peter Horne
09 Niko Matawalu

08 Ryan Wilson
07 Chris Fusaro
06 Josh Strauss
05 Leone Nakarawa
04 Tom Ryder
03 Rossouw de Klerk
02 Pat MacArthur
01 Ryan Grant

16 Dougie Hall
17 Alex Allan
18 Zander Fagerson
19 James Eddie
20 Will Bordill
21 Murray McConnell
22 Connor Braid
23 Rory Hughes

Benetton Treviso
Glasgow Warriors v Benetton Treviso, 31 October Ana-ca10
15 Jayden Hayward
14 Simone Ragusi
13 Michele Campagnaro
12 Enrico Bacchin
11 Ludovico Nitoglia
10 Sam Christie
9 Alberto Lucchese

8 Francesco Minto
7 Alessandro Zanni (capitano)
6 Simone Favaro
5 Corniel Van Zyl
4 Tomas Vallejos
3 Salesi Manu
2 Davide Giazzon
1 Matteo Zanusso

16 Amar Kudin
17 Albert Anae
18 Rupert Harden
19 Mat Luamanu
20 Marco Lazzaroni
21 Marco Barbini
22 Luca Morisi
23 James Ambrosini

B. Form - head to head:

9 Played 9
7 Wins 2
2 Losses 7
0 Draws 0
27 Tries 21
22 Conversions 9
20 Penalties 18
0 Drop Goals 2
239 Points 128
24 Avg. Age 25

C. Form:

Friday 4 April 2014
Glasgow Warriors 29 - 10 Benetton Treviso
Scotstoun Stadium

Fri 2 May 2014
Benetton Treviso 16 - 38 Glasgow Warriors
Stadio Monigo

Sun 5 October 2014
Benetton Treviso 23 - 40 Glasgow Warriors
Stadio Monigo

Last edited by George Carlin on Thu 30 Oct 2014, 12:15 pm; edited 7 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Benetton Treviso, 31 October Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Benetton Treviso, 31 October

Post by George Carlin Mon 27 Oct 2014, 6:15 am

Back to the Pro 12 then.

Please make your nominations for this week's team representatives below.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Benetton Treviso, 31 October Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Benetton Treviso, 31 October

Post by jimbopip Mon 27 Oct 2014, 9:02 am

Here's my nominations; the Tombola goes into spin cycle mode., look for Murchie, Downey, Richie Vee and possibly any two wingers who aren't in the AI squad. Big Al to captain, Fagerson, Jerry Hall Angie, Grant sharing the front row duties, Ryder (if fit).
The back row could be a dilemma: Ashe, Naka, Holmes?
McConnell and Mad Mad Mata at half backs???

Could be very interesting.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 27 Oct 2014, 10:08 am

Welsh has played a couple of club games now, so surely we will get a look at him at TH, probably off the bench. Wilson and Grant were down as injured again though, which is disappointing but hopefully nothing serious and we may see them but if not this week then soon.

We will see Ryder and Kellock in the second row for this one, probably with Naka on the bench. Strauss should be available, maybe Ashe back from the squad, Eddie should be available and maybe this is the game we will see what Spinks or Bordelli can do. Holmes looked well crocked when he went off the other week and surely Fusaro needs a rest.

Niko had a couple of relatively easy weeks so should start with Price or McConnell on the bench. I would have said Horne to play FH, but apparently he went off injured on Saturday, hopefully nothing serious but could be a problem if it is as you would imagine both Weir and Russell should stay with the international squad. One of them may need to come back.

Dunbar sounds like he is out again, so it will be Downey at IC and maybe Ritchie V, who has had a couple of club games under his belt so should be ready to go.

Back three I would say will be Lamont, Hughes and Murchie. The bench, god only knows, probably some of the international players to be brought on if we get into any trouble.

It will definitely have the look of a B team about it, but you would hope still well good enough to beat Treviso at home.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 27 Oct 2014, 10:25 am

Dunbar apparently exacerbated his old thigh strain, so don't know if that's serious or just annoying for Mrs Dunbar.

This game would have been tailor made for Big Al but his intensive ruck inspection commitments for the Barbarians a day after this match are likely to rule him out of contention.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Mon 27 Oct 2014, 11:56 am

BigGee wrote:Welsh has played a couple of club games now, so surely we will get a look at him at TH, probably off the bench. Wilson and Grant were down as injured again though, which is disappointing but hopefully nothing serious and we may see them but if not this week then soon.

We will see Ryder and Kellock in the second row for this one, probably with Naka on the bench. Strauss should be available, maybe Ashe back from the squad, Eddie should be available and maybe this is the game we will see what Spinks or Bordelli can do. Holmes looked well crocked when he went off the other week and surely Fusaro needs a rest.

Niko had a couple of relatively easy weeks so should start with Price or McConnell on the bench. I would have said Horne to play FH, but apparently he went off injured on Saturday, hopefully nothing serious but could be a problem if it is as you would imagine both Weir and Russell should stay with the international squad. One of them may need to come back.

Dunbar sounds like he is out again, so it will be Downey at IC and maybe Ritchie V, who has had a couple of club games under his belt so should be ready to go.

Back three I would say will be Lamont, Hughes and Murchie. The bench, god only knows, probably some of the international players to be brought on if we get into any trouble.

It will definitely have the look of a B team about it, but you would hope still well good enough to beat Treviso at home.

Ryder was out injured this weekend and Kellock is playing for the Barbarians this weekend, so he wont be available. Did Welsh play club Rugby at the weekend?

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Mon 27 Oct 2014, 12:21 pm

BigGee wrote:Welsh has played a couple of club games now, so surely we will get a look at him at TH, probably off the bench. Wilson and Grant were down as injured again though, which is disappointing but hopefully nothing serious and we may see them but if not this week then soon.

Horne added to Scotland squad as cover for Alex Dunbar, according to Glasgow site : http://www.glasgowwarriors.com/articles/news/008440.php

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Mon 27 Oct 2014, 12:49 pm

Would think a number of the guys away with Scotland will feature on Friday, only those penciled in as starters the following week or those carrying niggles shouldn't be selected.

Making a whole number of assumptions I will go for:

Can see the team being along the lines of

Murchie
Lamont
Horne
Downey
DTH

Weir
Niko

Allen
Hall
Welsh
Naka
Ryder
Strauss
Eddie
Ashe

Bench

Bryce
Jerry
Fargerson
Swinson
Wilson (If hes not fit, either Fusaro or Harley)
McConnell
Vernon
Hughes

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 27 Oct 2014, 12:54 pm

Good side Dot, although I cannot see them risking Strauss when Ryan Wilson is available and needs game time. At least, I hope they won't risk Strauss.

Not sure if we can play HorneyFurra if he has been called up for Scotland. I would quite like to see Connor Braid have a go at centre. His 3 month contract must be coming to an end quite soon and he was desperate to impress. I think he's scored a try in every club game he's played in so far, so I would be interested in seeing if he is Pro 12 standard. Presumably he is.  

Would also love to see Rory Hughes given a run out.

Apparently Seymour was fine after the match but he will need to comply with the concussion protocol.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Mon 27 Oct 2014, 1:01 pm

George Carlin wrote:Good side Dot, although I cannot see them risking Strauss when Ryan Wilson is available and needs game time. At least, I hope they won't risk Strauss.

Not sure if we can play HorneyFurra if he has been called up for Scotland. I would quite like to see Connor Braid have a go at centre. His 3 month contract must be coming to an end quite soon and he was desperate to impress. I think he's scored a try in every club game he's played in so far, so I would be interested in seeing if he is Pro 12 standard. Presumably he is.  

Would also love to see Rory Hughes given a run out.

Apparently Seymour was fine after the match but he will need to comply with the concussion protocol.

With no games for a couple of weeks, I think Strauss will play, unless of course hes injured. Wilson was listed as injured at the weekend, so not sure if he will be available are not.

Horne is only in the Scotland squad as cover, of course he might impress and get into the Test plans. Unless he is then I think he will play on Friday.

Baird is an interesting one in that I believe this is his last game unless he his contract is extended as he is touring with Canada and will miss the Scarlets game. So it could be argued, give him a game to see if he is worth an extension or if they have made there mind up that hes not, then not much point playing him.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 27 Oct 2014, 5:34 pm

This is a timely fixture for Glasgow, and you'd think you could get away with a bit of rotation here, and rest a few key individuals.

I can see Downey and Lamont in the centres with Hughes and DTH on the wings. A very direct option with Horne at 10. Having the two Fijians in the XV should be enough to break up the Treviso defence and then you have some very direct and powerful runners to punch some holes. If Glasgow keep their discipline and the tempo high, I don't see this fixture as problematic.

Alex Allan is getting some great exposure for Glasgow. He'll be pleased as punch to have escaped Edinburgh where he was seen as behind Blaauw and Berghan.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Thu 30 Oct 2014, 8:25 am

Team announced at lunchtime today, Toonie says in the Scotsman that Glasgow wont have access to 16 of their Scotland internationals. We had 17 players named in the initial squad, wonder which one of them is getting released back.

With so many players missing its slightly bizarre that Kellock is away with the Barbarians, as much an honour as it at this point of his career these are the kind of games we need him for Glasgow.

Great news is the Cusack is back training.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 30 Oct 2014, 8:27 am

Suggestions in the Scotsman that Dunbar might play this Friday to get some match fitness for the AIs.

If he's still carrying a niggle I don't think it is worth the risk though.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Manky-Flanker Thu 30 Oct 2014, 8:36 am

Dorothy_Mantooth wrote:

That is good to hear, any idea when we might seem him back on the pitch?

Manky-Flanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Thu 30 Oct 2014, 9:10 am

Manky-Flanker wrote:
Dorothy_Mantooth wrote:

That is good to hear, any idea when we might seem him back on the pitch?

Only heard about it in the Scotsman. Toonie said the squad have had a big lift from him returning to training over the past couple of weeks.

Wilson, Welsh and Grant are close to a return as well. Could do with a couple of them tomorrow.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Thu 30 Oct 2014, 9:15 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Suggestions in the Scotsman that Dunbar might play this Friday to get some match fitness for the AIs.

If he's still carrying a niggle I don't think it is worth the risk though.

He' only played one 40 minutes in what will be almost 6 weeks by the time of the First Test. Suppose its a balancing act, of the chances of him making the injury worse (or picking up a new one) and the coaches having faith that he can last the match next week if selected.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 30 Oct 2014, 11:56 am

Team announced:

Murchie
Jones
Vernon
Downey
DTH
Horne
Niko

Grant
McArthur
De Klerk
Ryder
Nakarawa
Strauss (6)
Fusaro
Wilson

Subs - Hall, Allan, Fagerson, Eddie, Bordill, McConnell, Braid, Hughes

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Thu 30 Oct 2014, 11:58 am

That's a very exciting half back pairing!

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 30 Oct 2014, 12:00 pm

Great to see Vernon, Grant, Ryder and Wilson back.

Grant is the only one likely to be pushing for the best starting XV, but the rest are definitely good squad players to have.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 30 Oct 2014, 12:08 pm

Eye-talians:
15 Jayden Hayward
14 Simone Ragusi
13 Michele Campagnaro
12 Enrico Bacchin
11 Ludovico Nitoglia
10 Sam Christie
9 Alberto Lucchese
8 Francesco Minto
7 Alessandro Zanni (capitano)
6 Simone Favaro
5 Corniel Van Zyl
4 Tomas Vallejos
3 Salesi Manu
2 Davide Giazzon
1 Matteo Zanusso

16 Amar Kudin
17 Albert Anae
18 Rupert Harden
19 Mat Luamanu
20 Marco Lazzaroni
21 Marco Barbini
22 Luca Morisi
23 James Ambrosini
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 30 Oct 2014, 12:18 pm

I keep coming back to this page to look at the picture of Ana Caterina Morariu Gchieregato (Treviso's team rep this week). A lesser man would be embarrassed by that.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 30 Oct 2014, 12:26 pm

George Carlin wrote:I keep coming back to this page to look at the picture of Ana Caterina Morariu Gchieregato (Treviso's team rep this week). A lesser man would be embarrassed by that.

Holy crap just noticed - she's lovely!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Thu 30 Oct 2014, 12:54 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Team announced:

Murchie
Jones
Vernon
Downey
DTH
Horne
Niko

Grant
McArthur
De Klerk
Ryder
Nakarawa
Strauss (6)
Fusaro
Wilson

Subs - Hall, Allan, Fagerson, Eddie, Bordill, McConnell, Braid, Hughes

Decent enough team considering we are missing so many, bench is weak which understandable. Treviso only missing a couplefrom the Italians who are in the their AIs squad.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by madmaccas Thu 30 Oct 2014, 2:09 pm

I've got a nasty feeling about this game.

madmaccas

http://www.scotlandrugbynews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 30 Oct 2014, 2:26 pm

madmaccas wrote:I've got a nasty feeling about this game.
Good stuff! Hope Connacht can pull a fast one on the O'spreys too. Get the cat among the pigeons.

Sadly Treviso are a rabble and your 3rds would beat them.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 30 Oct 2014, 3:27 pm

I bet Treviso are going to be sick of the sight of Zander Fagerson.
A man who can win scrum penalties against them when there are only 7 in the Glasgow scrum.
And one of them is a centre.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 30 Oct 2014, 5:30 pm

Actually, tis a very strong side considering. That centre pairing wont be mistaken for a revolving door. The back three have plenty of pace. The prospect of Furra running lines off Mad Mata is mouthwatering and scary at the same time.
I think it's TBP time to be honest. Whistle

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 30 Oct 2014, 5:35 pm

It is actually amazing that we can put out a side as good as that in an international window. That is a very decent side, plenty of grunt and experience and pace to burn outside. Good to see a few of the youngsters getting their chance off the bench as well. They will be needed at other times this year and are getting the chance to stake their claims.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 30 Oct 2014, 7:35 pm

I am actually very pleased with the team - slightly makeshift, but everyone in there apart from the loosies have a point to prove. The other noteworthy thing is that our centre pairing is massive - about 17 stones each, so I hope Treviso fronts up.

Nice to see the Selkirk Pixie back from 7s too. Connor Braid will hopefully get the chance to show that he is Rabo standard and after a year in the gym, our young ex-Sale Shark Will Bordill should hopefully show what he's all about. He must have been watching his mate Adam Ashe over recent weeks and wondering when his turn was.

Toonie has said in interviews that everyone at the club is incredibly conscious that out of the 4 games which were lost last season, 3 of the them happened during the international window and that things have been done to make sure doesn't happen again.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Fri 31 Oct 2014, 8:14 am

madmaccas wrote:I've got a nasty feeling about this game.

Not helped I'd imagine the by the horrendous forecast for this evening. Heavy rain and strong winds!

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 31 Oct 2014, 10:58 am

jimbopip wrote:Here's my nominations; the Tombola goes into spin cycle mode., look for Murchie, Downey, Richie Vee and possibly any two wingers who aren't in the AI squad. Big Al to captain, Fagerson,  Jerry Hall Angie, Grant sharing the front row duties, Ryder (if fit).
The back row could be a dilemma: Ashe, Naka, Holmes?
McConnell and Mad Mad Mata at half backs???

Could be very interesting.

Self-trumpet- blowing time king I am beginning to think like Toonie Shocked

Actually there have been quite a few comments about this being the B, or even C, team; we should bear in mind that Toonie has said players should not be expected to play more than 5 consecutive games, the two international windows take a large chunk out of our squad, we missed out on a home semi not too long ago by TWO points.
Slightly rambling, I realise, but my way of saying that we cannot have a first XV and the rest. We need a squad of players who are all, in their own minds, first team players. Murchie, Jones and Furra will all feel they have points to prove. Likewise in the pack Grant, Ryder and Wilson will be looking to get "their" places back.
Glasgow cantering to a five pointer tonight.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Totalflanker Fri 31 Oct 2014, 12:29 pm

If that's a C team then things are pretty rosy. If the weather is going to be horrendous, Downey and Vernon could be just the ticket for driving it up the middle.

Totalflanker

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 31 Oct 2014, 6:32 pm

Anyone going to the game tonight?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 31 Oct 2014, 7:38 pm

George Carlin wrote:Anyone going to the game tonight?

I hope so George, otherwise the players will get awfully lonely.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 31 Oct 2014, 7:41 pm

jimbopip wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Anyone going to the game tonight?

I hope so George, otherwise the players will get awfully lonely.
drumroll
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Argybargy Fri 31 Oct 2014, 7:54 pm

Relentlessly refreshing live score button on the beeb score page but seems stuck on 0-0. Sad

Argybargy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 31 Oct 2014, 7:58 pm

Niko scores and Furra converts 7-0

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Argybargy Fri 31 Oct 2014, 8:02 pm

8-0 according the Pro 12 website. God the beeb are slow to update...

Argybargy

Back to top Go down

Post by Argybargy Fri 31 Oct 2014, 8:07 pm

Jimbo - Think it was a Furra penas.
Snigger..snigger

Argybargy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 31 Oct 2014, 8:10 pm

AB, I stand corrected. 8-3 penas a Tallies.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 31 Oct 2014, 8:29 pm

11-6 to the Mighty Mazongas of Scotstoun at half time.
Have 5 minutes of a Treviso sin binning to play out at the start of the second.

The official website updates much faster than the bloody Beeb:
http://www.pro12rugby.com/matchcentre/live.php
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 31 Oct 2014, 8:33 pm

Tighter than a midge's ladyparts at the Liberty.
Ospreys 3 - 3 Connacht at half time.

Would love Connacht to sneak a win here.
That would stir up the pot nicely.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 31 Oct 2014, 8:40 pm

Argybargy wrote:Relentlessly refreshing live score button on the beeb score page but seems stuck on 0-0. Sad

AB, try the Warriors site it has live twitter feed.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Argybargy Fri 31 Oct 2014, 8:41 pm

Cheers Jimbo...will give it a bash

Argybargy

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 31 Oct 2014, 8:50 pm

11-9 now. Squeaky bum time.

MacArthur's been hauled off and replaced by Dougie. I am just assuming Pat's arrows are like a drunken pub amateur yet again?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Argybargy Fri 31 Oct 2014, 8:52 pm

Hmm 11 - 9
Permission to move to squeaky bum time...?

Argybargy

Back to top Go down

Post by Argybargy Fri 31 Oct 2014, 8:52 pm

Permission granted .. Thanks GC

Argybargy

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 31 Oct 2014, 8:56 pm

Argybargy wrote:Permission granted .. Thanks GC
Laugh
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 31 Oct 2014, 9:09 pm

24-9 Glasgow, 10 minutes to go, those crazy Italians down to 14 men.

Please Oprah, can we not lose games like this...
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Fri 31 Oct 2014, 9:13 pm

George Carlin wrote:24-9 Glasgow, 10 minutes to go, those crazy Italians down to 14 men.

Please Oprah, can we not lose games like this...

14:9 according to the Twitter feed!

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next