The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GGG is a beast!

+17
DuransHorse
catchweight
bellchees
Hammersmith harrier
3fingers
Soldier_Of_Fortune
kingraf
Valero's Conscience
alanqlm
Rowley
John Bloody Wayne
hazharrison
TopHat24/7
88Chris05
ONETWOFOREVER
TRUSSMAN66
AdamT
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

GGG is a beast! - Page 2 Empty GGG is a beast!

Post by AdamT Mon 20 Oct 2014, 10:31 am

First topic message reminder :

I don't care what his opposition is, you can only beat what is put in front of you. No way does Canelo or Cotto want any piece of him. He would bust them up. Golovikin is far too hard a puncher and accurate to be bothered from anyone that fights at Middlelweight.

I know some think he hasn't been tested. I beg to differ. He is making good fighters look like glass jawed journey men. There is a bit of a 1980s Tyson about him. He throws with bad intentions and every punch that lands has you on the edge of your seat.

I'm now a fully converted fan and I believe the hype is real and well justified. When Manny and Floyd are long gone this is the man to carry boxing. I understand he is already in his early 30s but he seems fresh enough and is keeping himself busy and in shape. Great fighter to watch. I hope his promotion company get him the fights his talent deserves. Wonderful talent!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

GGG is a beast! - Page 2 Empty Re: GGG is a beast!

Post by AdamT Mon 20 Oct 2014, 1:41 pm

Then don't bother watching GGG. Watch Mayweather pot shot over matched opponents to a wide points decision. Everyone has different tastes.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 20 Oct 2014, 1:42 pm

Look at Mayweather's record and all the quality on it and he's a cowardly cherrypicker ....Yet people are jerking off over a guy who has fought stiffs..

Oh yes that's right everybody is avoiding him....All these great fighters don't have the balls unlike those special breeds Macklin and Geale..

Yep okay....

Beat Alvarez you are a cherrypicker according to Haz..Beat Geale you're a real fighter!!

okay

Hypocrisy is alive and well on 606..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 20 Oct 2014, 1:43 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Look at Mayweather's record and all the quality on it and he's a cowardly cherrypicker ....Yet people are jerking off over a guy who has fought stiffs..

Oh yes that's right everybody is avoiding him....All these great fighters don't have the balls unlike those special breeds Macklin and Geale..

Yep okay....  

Beat Alvarez you are a cherrypicker according to Haz..Beat Geale you're a real fighter!!

okay

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

They also forget GGG refused to fight Ward last year when the fight was offered.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 20 Oct 2014, 1:45 pm

So what happens when GGG spanks Alvarez next year?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 20 Oct 2014, 1:45 pm

If Cotto is gonna claim to have been a middleweight champ then I have a problem with him avoiding the Chinese KO king.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 20 Oct 2014, 1:46 pm

I'm a Mayweather fan and love watching him fight, problem is I don't enjoy his recent opponents (Canelo aside). Not bothered watching Floyd fight Guerrero types and Ortiz at this stage.

Would rather watch GGG because at least there will be a knockout or some excitement at the very least. Ward is better than Froch but I still prefer watching Froch.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 20 Oct 2014, 2:00 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Look at Mayweather's record and all the quality on it and he's a cowardly cherrypicker ....Yet people are jerking off over a guy who has fought stiffs..

Yep okay....  

okay

Monday blues Truss..........

Dont think he's a cherry picker at all, there is just no one in the division that fancies their chances, also there is not much quality in the middleweight divison at the moment. Even Jermain Talyor moved back down and picked up a strap!

The only two fighters that I give more then a 90/10 chance against at the moment are Quillin (Like Lord Haymon will let him go anywhere near him) and Korobov. Maybe Murata could step up to the mantel but apart from that???? Erm

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 20 Oct 2014, 2:04 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

Is this the same GGG beast that got his ears boxed off by a mini dwarf in Stevens?

Still peddling that discredited bullcr@p regarding a guy GGG slapped all round the ring??! laughing

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 20 Oct 2014, 2:07 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

Yep okay....  

okay

They also forget GGG refused to fight Ward last year when the fight was offered.

a) Was that the 154 lb GGG refusing to fight 168 lb supremo?
b) Do you knock Floyd for things like never fighting Martinez at 154lb when it was viable and he only 7lbs lighter or only fighting Canelo at a catchweight (something he slated Manny for)?
c) GGG has offered Floyd (the 154lb champ) a fight also, which Floyd hasn't gone near, do you knock him similarly??

Agree with Truss, hypocrisy is alive and well.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 20 Oct 2014, 2:12 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

Yep okay....  

okay

a) Was that the 154 lb GGG refusing to fight 168 lb supremo?
b) Do you knock Floyd for things like never fighting Martinez at 154lb when it was viable and he only 7lbs lighter or only fighting Canelo at a catchweight (something he slated Manny for)?
c) GGG has offered Floyd (the 154lb champ) a fight also, which Floyd hasn't gone near, do you knock him similarly??

Agree with Truss, hypocrisy is alive and well.....

You can't knock Floyd in any way.

Floyd is 38 so why would he move up? GGG is younger and can move up.

Floyd over 16 years at the top.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 20 Oct 2014, 2:15 pm

Ok, ONETruss..... Rolling Eyes

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Mon 20 Oct 2014, 2:43 pm

He should forget Ward for now and fight the REAL number two middleweight (Korobov). I'm pretty sure korobov would take the fight.. but I don't hear GGG's team throwing his name about - maybe they will when he has the wbo belt.

(Korobov has wins over both Usyk and Kovolev)

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 20 Oct 2014, 3:02 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Ok, ONETruss..... Rolling Eyes

What you get when try to debate this guy..

Still he replaces CS and Azania..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 20 Oct 2014, 3:05 pm

3fingers wrote:He should forget Ward for now and fight the REAL number two middleweight (Korobov). I'm pretty sure korobov would take the fight.. but I don't hear GGG's team throwing his name about - maybe they will when he has the wbo belt.

(Korobov has wins over both Usyk and Kovolev)

Yep both those guys are s**t hot compared to Sergio..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 20 Oct 2014, 3:13 pm

Yep okay....  

okay

Slight difference: Mayweather has total autonomy over who he fights. He could fight anyone he chooses at anytime he likes. As I pointed out yesterday, though, his aim is to make money rather than establishing a dominance at one particular weight. He doesn't covet championships or glory (which is an admirable stance in itself if only those who follow him would come out and accept it)

Golovkin, meanwhile, can't land a fight with the biggest names. He wants to win the middleweight championship. He wants to prove he's the best at his weight. He's left to plow a furrow similar to Marvin Hagler, who was similarly avoided on the way up.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 20 Oct 2014, 3:14 pm

GGG is exciting. Is he maybe being a tad overrated by excited fans (me included), Possibly. Though I still believe he is great for the sport and If he gets a marquee name on his record he could then have a huge following.

For every challenger (stiff to some of you) he blows away his legend grows. So what if he isn't the best ever. As long as he brings fan and excitement to the sport and hopefully some huge fight nights then i'm all for supporting him.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 20 Oct 2014, 3:17 pm

It's only debate.....

Me I think he's exciting but I think until he beats a genuine world class fighter...........Degeale lost to Barker...............Macklin was knocked out off that Brit is it Jamie Moore ?? and devastated by Serge..

If you enhanced your rep by every stiff you beat........Why aren't you waxing lyrical about Quigg !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 20 Oct 2014, 3:19 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It's only debate.....

Me I think he's exciting but I think until he beats a genuine world class fighter...........Degeale lost to Barker...............Macklin was knocked out off that Brit is it Jamie Moore ?? and devastated by Serge..

If you enhanced your rep by every stiff you beat........Why aren't you waxing lyrical about Quigg !!

I do see were you are coming from. Well hopefully Roach is serious when he says Cotto will fight GGG after Canelo. I am definitely picking Cotto to win that fight when it happens.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 20 Oct 2014, 3:24 pm

The excitement stems from the manner of victory, not who he's beating. He's a rock star, a wrecking machine. Chavez, Greb, Louis, Tyson. If you can't enjoy that, then you might want to switch to snooker.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 20 Oct 2014, 3:34 pm

Who said I didn't enjoy him.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 20 Oct 2014, 3:42 pm

Think it must the tone of your posts then...........

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 20 Oct 2014, 3:44 pm

It's an American tone...............The tone that likes to see someone prove they are decent before seeing a bunch of posters who should know better jerking off....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Mon 20 Oct 2014, 3:44 pm

If Cotto fights GGG (and GGG wins) then many (myself included) will say he fought a blown up welterweight who'd never fought at the middleweight limit.

While waiting for Cotto-Canelo to sort their differences he should fight Taylor (never one to duck a challenge) for the IBF strap. Then onto the winner of Cotto-Canelo, then onto Korobov (who by that time will be WBO champ, with a slightly higher profile). The 6ft, southpaw, world class amateur, Korobov will offer Golovkin something very different.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 20 Oct 2014, 3:52 pm

3fingers wrote:If Cotto fights GGG (and GGG wins) then many (myself included) will say he fought a blown up welterweight who'd never fought at the middleweight limit.

While waiting for Cotto-Canelo to sort their differences he should fight Taylor (never one to duck a challenge) for the IBF strap. Then onto the winner of Cotto-Canelo, then onto Korobov (who by that time will be WBO champ, with a slightly higher profile). The 6ft, southpaw, world class amateur, Korobov will offer Golovkin something very different.

I'd give him respect for Cotto................Just like I give Tyson respect for Spinks (His best win).............The Man that beats the Man deserves respect....

Certainly put him in my top 8 p4p list a win like that............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 20 Oct 2014, 4:00 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
3fingers wrote:If Cotto fights GGG (and GGG wins) then many (myself included) will say he fought a blown up welterweight who'd never fought at the middleweight limit.

I'd give him respect for Cotto................Just like I give Tyson respect for Spinks (His best win).............The Man that beats the Man deserves respect....

Certainly put him in my top 8 p4p list a win like that............

He'll be over the moon with that..........ahem.....

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 20 Oct 2014, 4:03 pm

No I expect he won't..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 20 Oct 2014, 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Mon 20 Oct 2014, 4:21 pm

AdamT wrote:I normally am careful when jumping on the hype train but I love watching Gennandy fight. He SHOULD become boxings biggest draw after next year. If he fights the winner of Cotto and Canelo and wins (he should) then he will be the next big thing. A fight with someone like Chavez JR would also be a fight that would be huge on ppv.

If he does the above then challenges Ward, then boxing has a genuine superfight between possibly the 2 best pound for pound fighters. Boxing's best vs boxings most exciting.

Don't think claiming a fight between Golovkin and Ward under these circumstances could be possibly the 2 best p4p is as unthinkable as Trussman's immediate response suggests.

Given that by the time Golovkin could pull this off and get the fight against Ward your talking summer 2016 at the very earliest. Given Mayweather and Pacquaio will both probably be retired by then and the possibility that Rigo gets old and caught out between now and then would be interested to know who is such an obvious contender to be ranked above them?

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 20 Oct 2014, 4:28 pm

Summer of 2016 ??....

Anything can happen in 20 months....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 20 Oct 2014, 5:15 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It's an American tone...............The tone that likes to see someone prove they are decent before seeing a bunch of posters who should know better jerking off....

Adrien Broner.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 20 Oct 2014, 5:16 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It's an American tone...............The tone that likes to see someone prove they are decent before seeing a bunch of posters who should know better jerking off....

Adrien Broner.

laughing

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 20 Oct 2014, 5:25 pm

Don't let Truss bully you. You're allowed to join the Golovkin hype train. There's a fantastic video on Ronda Rousey's Instagram showing the knockout from Ringside. Looks even better. Poor Rubio didn't stand a chance.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 20 Oct 2014, 5:33 pm

It's Ok. Truss has joined it. Golovkin has been repatriated to the US, had a reversal of the operation that Michael Jackson had to bleach his skin, goes by the name Errol "Soul Brother" America and now waves wads of cash around while making skin flicks of himself on Instagram.

Chuck Giampa has put him in his POUND FOR POUND list and ranked Rubio, Geale and Macklin there in retrospect. He no longer knocks people out so we can purr over his "artistry".

It's all good in the hood!

Last edited by hazharrison on Mon 20 Oct 2014, 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 20 Oct 2014, 6:33 pm

I never understand why anyone feels the need to get all high and mighty about what boxers an individual likes to watch, whether it's Golovkin, Mayweather, Froch or whoever it's personal preference.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 20 Oct 2014, 7:15 pm

Nah if you enjoy sluggers you're a Neanderthal

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Mon 20 Oct 2014, 7:28 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:GGG is a beast

GGG is the middleweight Tyson

GGG is a monster

When will it end?

Is this the same GGG beast that got his ears boxed off by a mini dwarf in Stevens?

I love this nonsense you keep saying about the Stevens fight, have you even seen it? What rounds did you give Stevens? Also that Mini Dwarf has competed at Super Middleweight and Light Heavyweight for most of his career.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 20 Oct 2014, 7:32 pm

I love the look on Stevens face when he gets knocked down the first time. Its a real "Oh Sh1t, what the fck just happened" look.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Mon 20 Oct 2014, 7:39 pm

ONETWO will have the same look when he actually watches the fight.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Mon 20 Oct 2014, 9:54 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:Nah if you enjoy sluggers you're a Neanderthal

Me like slugga? Headscratch

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 21 Oct 2014, 8:48 am

bellchees wrote:ONETWO will have the same look when he actually watches the fight.

Laugh laughing

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 21 Oct 2014, 10:28 am

Macklin knocked Martinez down and was winning by the halfway stage, he slowed down late on but was right with him for quite a while. Golovkin threw him around like he was a ragdoll.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 21 Oct 2014, 12:31 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:

Macklin knocked Martinez down and was winning by the halfway stage, he slowed down late on but was right with him for quite a while. Golovkin threw him around like he was a ragdoll.

You had Macklin up after 6 rounds Shocked

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 21 Oct 2014, 12:49 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:

You had Macklin up after 6 rounds Shocked

He had Rose up against Andrade when it was stopped..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 21 Oct 2014, 1:00 pm

I'm more surprised he thinks Macklin just "slowed down"... everyone else saw him get slapped around.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 21 Oct 2014, 3:11 pm

kingraf wrote:Ronda Rousey's Instagram

I was going to make a point about the comments in this thread then got side tracked.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Tue 21 Oct 2014, 3:49 pm

What's the harm exactly in getting excited about GGG? If you're entertained by him and think he's the real deal then invest your interest in him.

If you're wrong, some strangers on the internet say 'I told you so'. I don't know why everyone is so terrified of being proven wrong. Life goes on.

You don't get any life points by being the first person to out someone as a hype job either so don't know what Onetwo's game is? Can't see the wood for the trees, that boy.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 21 Oct 2014, 4:02 pm

Like I said - Onetwo was probably one of the guys Golovkin used to beat up as a boy. Getting beaten by someone it's not socially acceptable to lose to rankles forever. I still can't forget the girl who slapped me around when I was ten. She was so vicious and so relentless.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 21 Oct 2014, 4:09 pm

It's alright, raf. I got KTFO by a gang of girls when I was twenty-two. Truss can PM you the details if you like.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 21 Oct 2014, 4:26 pm

She was so relentless Chris. It used to be a 2km walk home. She slapped me around the whole way. Didn't knock me out though. Traded on my chin from a young age. I'm sure under the old Queensberry rules, I'd have been declared the winner as she was tired of slapping me aroind
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Oct 2014, 5:35 pm

kingraf wrote:She was so relentless Chris. It used to be a 2km walk home. She slapped me around the whole way. Didn't knock me out though. Traded on my chin from a young age. I'm sure under the old Queensberry rules, I'd have been declared the winner as she was tired of slapping me aroind
Hoi vairy poash, yeng main!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 22 Oct 2014, 9:04 am

Another big win for GGG this weekend was the viewing numbers - 1.3m+

That's HBO's second highest boxing turnout in 2015 and came on a night when competing with HBO's biggest football game of the year.

Add to that him selling out the arena faster, with greater success and more seats than some seriously notable fighters in the recent past and it's clear GGG has everything needed for success - including a genuine stateside following.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next