The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GGG is a beast!

+17
DuransHorse
catchweight
bellchees
Hammersmith harrier
3fingers
Soldier_Of_Fortune
kingraf
Valero's Conscience
alanqlm
Rowley
John Bloody Wayne
hazharrison
TopHat24/7
88Chris05
ONETWOFOREVER
TRUSSMAN66
AdamT
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

GGG is a beast! Empty GGG is a beast!

Post by AdamT Mon 20 Oct 2014, 10:31 am

I don't care what his opposition is, you can only beat what is put in front of you. No way does Canelo or Cotto want any piece of him. He would bust them up. Golovikin is far too hard a puncher and accurate to be bothered from anyone that fights at Middlelweight.

I know some think he hasn't been tested. I beg to differ. He is making good fighters look like glass jawed journey men. There is a bit of a 1980s Tyson about him. He throws with bad intentions and every punch that lands has you on the edge of your seat.

I'm now a fully converted fan and I believe the hype is real and well justified. When Manny and Floyd are long gone this is the man to carry boxing. I understand he is already in his early 30s but he seems fresh enough and is keeping himself busy and in shape. Great fighter to watch. I hope his promotion company get him the fights his talent deserves. Wonderful talent!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

GGG is a beast! Empty Re: GGG is a beast!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 20 Oct 2014, 10:54 am

Gerry Cooney was a beast.....John Mugabi was a beast..

Why because they fought one dimensional honest pros....Like Geale and Macklin...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 20 Oct 2014, 10:56 am

Possibly Tuss. GGG is very accurate and knows how to box. Maybe I am jumping the gun a bit but with the lack of global stars it is hard not to get excited with GGG imo.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 20 Oct 2014, 11:03 am

Adam Adam Adam oh deary deary me.

Seems me and TRUSS are the only ones who have the reliable experiance to evaluate this GGG phenom.

We have seen this before have'nt we TRUSS. Julian Jackson ring a bell????

GGG is good don't get me wrong but in terms of boxing he really is lower tier. Power is one thing but where have we seen this before?

Forman relied on his power and was out smarted, Shavers also.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 20 Oct 2014, 11:05 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Adam Adam Adam oh deary deary me.

Seems me and TRUSS are the only ones who have the reliable experiance to evaluate this GGG phenom.

We have seen this before have'nt we TRUSS. Julian Jackson ring a bell????

GGG is good don't get me wrong but in terms of boxing he really is lower tier. Power is one thing but where have we seen this before?

Forman relied on his power and was out smarted, Shavers also.

If am wrong I will hold my hands up. For now I am excited.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 20 Oct 2014, 11:24 am

Hard to dispute much of what you say there, Adam. The guy is great to watch, has outstanding punch power and does pick his shots well. Cracking fighter and I don't think anyone would bet against him having his way with anyone at 160. And as you say, if you can't get excited about that kind of fighter then I don't know what you're doing watching boxing.

But Middleweight isn't all that strong right now and I'd still like to see Golovkin fight a more cerebral kind of opponent sooner rather than later. You can think a guy is the real deal and still believe that there are guys out there who could beat him or give him a lot of problems. Macklin, Geale, Rubio, Stevens etc represent a decent mix of durability (which underlines just how hard Golovkin really does hit), strength, athleticism etc, but none of them are what you'd call intelligent boxers.

I'd still pick Ward (if he ever sorts out his out-of-the-ring issues) to diffuse Golovkin if GGG moves up to 168, and coming up from Light-Middle I think Andrade, based on styles, could give Golovkin a real fight, as could Lara. Those guys have ring smarts and a concept of defence which you wouldn't really associate with the guys Golovkin has been dominating recently.

He has been tested - for anyone who hasn't seen it, take a look at the Kasim Ouma fight. The issue is should a career Light-Middle like Ouma, certainly past his best by 2011, have been testing Golovkin like that? Rounds 7, 8 and 9 suggested that Golovkin had shifted the momentum in his favour to be fair, but there's a realistic claim to be made that Ouma won the first six rounds of that fight. Certainly five of them on my card, anyway.

Ouma's southpaw jab and movement gave Golovkin some problems early on, but it's interesting that after that point he reverted to inside fighting and close-quarters brawling....And still got the better of GGG for a long time before Golovkin just being the naturally bigger and fresher man took its toll. Golovkin's defence was terrible in that fight and he often looked badly off balance, throwing wild shots off the wrong foot and a sucker for uppercuts. He's improved since then and it does seem as if the Ouma fight was a bit of a one-off.....But worth considering when he next comes up against someone who won't wilt as soon as they're hit and who can take advantage of the fact that Golovkin often takes two shots to land one of his own.

Like I said, top class fighter with a cracking dig and considerable skills to go with his brutality....But some of the aforementioned, more intelligent fighters will give him plenty to ponder, for me. I think he needs to beat one of them before he can be installed as a challenger to pound for pound supremacy. Considering Ward's problems right now Andrade to move up and have a crack would be my pick.

But let me stress, I'm not trying to pour cold water on Golovkin or the hype!

Last edited by 88Chris05 on Mon 20 Oct 2014, 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 20 Oct 2014, 11:26 am

88Chris05 wrote:Hard to dispute much of what you say there, Adam. The guy is great to watch, has outstanding punch power and does pick his shots well. Cracking fighter and I don't think anyone would bet against him having his way with anyone at 160. And as you say, if you can't get excited about that kind of fighter then I don't know what you're doing watching boxing.

But Middleweight isn't all that strong right now and I'd still like to see Golovkin fight a more cerebral kind of opponent sooner rather than later. You can think a guy is the real deal and still believe that there are guys out there who could beat him or give him a lot of problems. Macklin, Geale, Rubio, Stevens etc represent a decent mix of durability (which underlines just how hard Golovkin really does hit), strength, athleticism etc, but none of them are what you'd call intelligent boxers.

I'd still pick Ward (if he ever sorts out his out-of-the-ring issues) to diffuse Golovkin if GGG moves up to 168, and coming up from Light-Middle I think Andrade, based on styles, could give Golovkin a real fight, as could Lara. Those guys have ring smarts and a concept of defence which you wouldn't really associate with the guys Golovkin has been dominating recently.

He has been tested - for anyone who hasn't seen it, take a look at the Kasim Ouma fight. The issue is should a career Light-Middle like Ouma, certainly past his best by 2011, have been testing Golovkin like that? Rounds 7, 8 and 9 suggested that Golovkin had shifted the momentum in his favour to be fair, but there's a realistic claim to be made that Ouma won the first six rounds of that fight. Certainly five of them on my card, anyway.

Ouma's southpaw jab and movement gave Golovkin some problems early on, but it's interesting that after that point he reverted to inside fighting and close-quarters brawling....And still got the better of GGG for a long time before Golovkin just being the naturally bigger and fresher man took its toll. Golovkin's defence was terrible in that fight and he often look badly off balance, throwing wild shots off the wrong foot and a sucker for uppercuts. He's improved since then and it does seem as if the Ouma fight was a bit of a one-off.....But worth considering when he next comes up against someone who won't wilt as soon as they're hit and who can take advantage of the fact that Golovkin often takes two shots to land one of his own.

Like I said, top class fighter with a cracking dig and considerable skills to go with his brutality....But some of the aforementioned, more intelligent fighters will give him plenty to ponder, for me. I think he needs to beat one of them before he can be installed as a challenger to pound for pound supremacy. Considering Ward's problems right now Andrade to move up and have a crack would be my pick.

But let me stress, I'm not trying to pour cold water on Golovkin or the hype!

Good post, agree on Ward. I would pick him to find Andrade late.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 20 Oct 2014, 11:36 am

If GGG was Afro-American I imagine ONETruss would change its mind pretty quickly.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 20 Oct 2014, 11:37 am

Yep he'd be wonderful...next.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 20 Oct 2014, 11:37 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Gerry Cooney was a beast.....John Mugabi was a beast..

Why because they fought one dimensional honest pros....Like Geale and Macklin...

Golovkin looks a million miles from those two technically. One of the finest amateurs of all time, he's technically on point.

In terms of technique, he reminds me of Joe Louis.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 20 Oct 2014, 11:39 am

hazharrison wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Gerry Cooney was a beast.....John Mugabi was a beast..

Golovkin looks a million miles from those two technically. One of the finest amateurs of all time, he's technically on point.

In terms of technique, he reminds me of Joe Louis.

Pretty solid comparison. I always said Louis is a tad overrated because of his opponents though his punch selection and power was great. GGG is very similar on stalking opponents and landing bombs.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 20 Oct 2014, 11:40 am

He is better technically..but like those two he looks good against average fighters..

I think he could be the real deal....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 20 Oct 2014, 11:45 am

Spot on analysis from Chris, as usual.

Just wish some better boxers would have the gumption to step up and fight GGG!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 20 Oct 2014, 11:55 am

Seeing as some posters on here regard Alvarez as a useless stiff..

May be he should just carry on beating ordinary types..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 20 Oct 2014, 11:57 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Seeing as some posters on here regard Alvarez as a useless stiff..

Golovkin would ruin Alvarez in my opinion.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 20 Oct 2014, 11:58 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:If GGG was Afro-American I imagine ONETruss would change its mind pretty quickly.....

What a silly thing to say.

Plus GGG is chinese.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 20 Oct 2014, 11:59 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Seeing as some posters on here regard Alvarez as a useless stiff..

Quote it.

I did for you when asked me to 'prove' you'd ever suggested Provo was any good.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 20 Oct 2014, 12:02 pm

Who said I was talking about you...chuckles

I destroyed those quotes....They didn't prove a thing...

Poor Man's Chuvalo.. Dear oh dear.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 20 Oct 2014, 12:04 pm

Lol

So still can't back up anything you say then?? laughing

Ok, no worries, people have learnt to expect as much from you anyway.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 20 Oct 2014, 12:06 pm

Why would I spend time on you ??...

Chris and Captain types ...Maybe..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 20 Oct 2014, 12:19 pm

hazharrison wrote:

Golovkin would ruin Alvarez in my opinion.

I think he would win very easily by ko

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 20 Oct 2014, 12:21 pm

What's wrong with being Chinese?

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 20 Oct 2014, 12:22 pm

No one is saying he wouldn't

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 20 Oct 2014, 12:23 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:What's wrong with being Chinese?

Nothing JBW

but I think GGG has had some work done to hide his obvious Chinese roots.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 20 Oct 2014, 12:28 pm

Share the post "Lampley: Andre Ward wants Golovkin fight!"
FacebookTwitter9Google+(Photo credit: Sumio Yamada) By Dan Ambrose: HBO commentator Jim Lampley says he was contacted by the lawyer for WBA Super middleweight champion Andre Ward (27-0, 14 KOs) who told him that Ward is willing to fight WBA Super World middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin (31-0, 28 KOs) for a fight.

Presumably, Golovkin would have to move up to super middleweight to face Ward at either a catch-weight or at the full weight in order for the fight to happen.

Lampley believes that Andre Ward or Carl Froch, two of the top super middleweights in the division, might be the direction for Golovkin to go in if he can’t get the top names at middleweight [160] to agree to fight him. Golovkin obviously would prefer to fight Miguel Cotto and Saul “Canelo” Alvarez than Ward, because it would likely be a much bigger fight in terms of money and fan interest. Fights against Cotto and Canelo would be pay-per-view fights on HBO. It’s unclear whether a Golovkin-Ward fight would sell on HBO pay-per-view.

It’s quite possible it would bring in a very, very low number of pay-per-view buys, because neither Ward nor Golovkin have ever fought on pay-per-view before. Ward’s situation is further hurt by his inactivity. Ward hasn’t fought since last year in November when he beat Edwin Rodriguez. In the last two years, Ward has fought just once per year. He fought one time in 2012 and once in 2013. In contrast, Golovkin fought four times in 2013, and three times in 2013.

“If he can’t get a fight at 160, maybe he has to go to 168 a Carl Froch,” Lampley said to HBO. “A representative from Andre Ward’s camp sent me a note this morning that Andre wants to fight him. He’ll fight him anywhere, anyplace, and anytime. A fight against Andre Ward in Southern California would be very marketable. Ward’s lawyer sent me an e-mail today saying he’ll fight him wherever,” Lampley said.

I doubt Golovkin is going to agree to fight Ward. Golovkin’s promoter Tom Loeffler is looking to put him in with big names in the middleweight division. Loeffler is open to having Golovkin move up in weight to fight Froch or Mikkel Kessler, but those are big names against guys with huge fan bases. Ward arguably doesn’t have the same kind of support as those fighters do in their own home countries. Kessler and Froch bring in huge ratings when they fight, and that explains why Loeffler would be willing to match Golovkin against them at super middleweight.

“That would be a wonderful fight,” Roy Jones Jr said in speaking of a Golovkin vs. Ward fight in California. “If I was promoting him that’s exactly what I would do if I was Andre, because Andre needs opponents that will stand in front of him that would make it a chess match. Golovkin is the perfect guy for Andre Ward to fight. I would love to see that fight. It would be a great fight for the network and for the fans,” Jones Jr said.

Golovkin vs. Ward would be a good fight, but I could also see it one with a lot of smothering, wrestling and holding done by Ward like we’ve seen in some of his fights. He likes to force his opponents up against the ropes and keep them there by leaning on them, and wrestling around. That’s not a great style match-up for a guy like Golovkin, who doesn’t do a lot of holding and wrestling. A fight between Ward and Golovkin would likely be very similar to the 2005 fight between a young Ricky Hatton and an aging Kostya Tszyu. In that fight, Hatton smothered Tszyu’s offense by wrestling with him, staying close, and keeping him pinned against the ropes by pressing his upper body against him. The referee let Hatton smother Tszyu without pulling them apart for long stretched despite the fact that much of it was just ugly wrestling on Hatton’s part. When there was space between them, Tszyu generally got the better of Hatton. If Golovkin were to agree to fight Ward, he would very likely be stuck fighting a 12 round wrestling type of fight that wouldn’t resemble any of Golovkin’s past fights. Further, Golovkin would be at a huge size disadvantage against the 6’0” Ward, who not only would have a height advantage over him, but also a likely significant weight advantage as well.

“I think it says something that the only top fighter that seems willing to get in the ring with Golovkin might be the best pound for pound fighter in the world who’s in his physical prime, an Olympic Gold medalist who hasn’t lost since he was 12-years-old,” Max Kellerman of HBO said about Andre Ward. “[He’s] cleaned out his division, and by the way, he has a size advantage against Golovkin. Andre Ward is the only guy who seems to want him, and that’s because you see what Golovkin does to the also-ran middleweights, the contenders, but not the champions. He absolutely destroys them. There are no surprises; he’s not going to be upset by a mediocre fighter. He seems like the real deal. So the fans are responding, and as a result, maybe now Golovkin has the economic clout to get other top fighters not named Andre Ward. I don’t know how anxious they’re going to be to want to get in with maybe the fighter in boxing who also has a size advantage on them just yet. But maybe other fighters not named Andre Ward will accept the Golovkin challenge, because it will be worth their while or worth it to their bottom line now,” Kellerman said.

Golovkin is better off fighting Canelo or Cotto, because at least those guys weigh around the same amount as him in the ring. Golovkin wouldn’t be giving away 10 pounds or more in stepping inside the ring with them, and he wouldn’t be stuck with 12 rounds of wrestling.

It’s interesting that Lampley, Jones Jr and Kellerman aren’t putting pressure on Ward to move up a division and fight WBO light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev, Artur Beterbiev, or Adonis Stevenson at 175. They want Golovkin to move up in weight to fight Ward, but they’re not putting the same thing on Ward in moving up in weight to get fights.

Share the post "Lampley: Andre Ward wants Golovkin fight!"
FacebookTwitter9Google+

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 20 Oct 2014, 12:32 pm

Ward would obviously be too good for GGG.

When Ward is finished with him he will just be GGGone.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 20 Oct 2014, 12:33 pm

He won't fight Froch......Froch has been in too many wars and wants an easier payday...

Ward who knows.....

If Groves can win a belt...Stylistically that would be a cracker..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 20 Oct 2014, 12:35 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Ward would obviously be too good for GGG.

So would Eubank apparently.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Mon 20 Oct 2014, 12:38 pm

Even though I rate Canelo quite highly I don't think he would be any threat to Golovkin at all - Think he is just to strong and Alvarez hasn't got the tools to nullify GGG's strengths.

Still a fight I'd like to see though as a big fan of Golovkin would like to see him get the exposure I feel he deserves.

Think he is in a bit of a no win situation with some people though - he stays at middle he will be accused of avoiding fighting B level fighters and avoiding Ward etc..

If he goes up to SMW and picks up wins against the top guys there (not saying he would as I think Ward beats him) then he will be accused no doubt of moving up to avoid the likes of Alvarez by those same people.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 20 Oct 2014, 12:42 pm

Ward beats GGG but not as handily as people might think.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 20 Oct 2014, 12:44 pm

No one would accuse him of avoiding a 154 pounder....Especially to try his hand at 168..

Froch would be a great fight....Could he take his punch??....

Would he be as effective at 168....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 20 Oct 2014, 12:45 pm

I think GGG can beat Canelo, Cotto, and Froch IMO but looses badly to Ward, Quillem, and Degale.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 20 Oct 2014, 12:46 pm

Degale.......Looks like someone who'll flatter to deceive..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 20 Oct 2014, 12:47 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Degale.......Looks like someone who'll flatter to deceive..

Degale would be too slick for GGG and he can take a punch.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 20 Oct 2014, 12:49 pm

Degale is an awkward customer but I would pick GGG to win. Maybe though them extra 8 pounds would make a difference. Benn was a big hitter at super middle but never carried the same power from Middleweight. To be honest few fighters carry their power up the divisons and have the same ko ratio.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 20 Oct 2014, 12:50 pm

AdamT wrote:Degale is an awkward customer but I would pick GGG to win. Maybe though them extra 8 pounds would make a difference. Benn was a big hitter at super middle but never carried the same power from Middleweight. To be honest few fighters carry their power up the divisons and have the same ko ratio.

Pacman the obvious exception then, or was he on.....

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 20 Oct 2014, 12:51 pm

AdamT wrote:Ward beats GGG but not as handily as people might think.

Yep. The gap's closing fast. And even if Ward beats him he's unlikely to give him a whupping. It would be more of a smash and grab raid full of headbutts, wrestling and arm bars.

In terms of spectacle, Froch, Kessler and Chavez would be the picks at 168.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Oct 2014, 12:58 pm

It’s quite possible it would bring in a very, very low number of pay-per-view buys, because neither Ward nor Golovkin have ever fought on pay-per-view before. Ward’s situation is further hurt by his inactivity. Ward hasn’t fought since last year in November when he beat Edwin Rodriguez. In the last two years, Ward has fought just once per year. He fought one time in 2012 and once in 2013. In contrast, Golovkin fought four times in 2013, and three times in 2013.

The second best fighter on the planet gets lambasted for his inactivity yet when Mayweather did it we were supposed to await his next fight with all the anticipation of the second coming of Christ (despite knowing it would be against a carefully selected opponent designed to reward Floyd heavily without him having to put too much at risk) Funny old game this boxing lark.

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 20 Oct 2014, 1:06 pm

Normal rules don't apply to Floyd. In some ways, Golovkin is the anti-Mayweather.

He'll fight anyone, anytime. He fights regularly. He brutalises his opponents in exhilerating fashion. He's exciting. The new Kid Dynamite. Mike Tyson in middleweight form. He's also shown impeccible conduct outside of the ring.

heart (SIGH)

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 20 Oct 2014, 1:08 pm

Rowley wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Ward would obviously be too good for GGG.

So would Eubank apparently.

Certainly pay to watch a scrap with Eubank at 168......A real pickem affair.

Benn probably made for GGG as would be Collins and Watson.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 20 Oct 2014, 1:11 pm

hazharrison wrote:Normal rules don't apply to Floyd. In some ways, Golovkin is the anti-Mayweather.

He'll fight anyone, anytime. He fights regularly. He brutalises his opponents in exhilerating fashion. He's exciting. The new Kid Dynamite. Mike Tyson in middleweight form. He's also shown impeccible conduct outside of the ring.

heart (SIGH)

I'm a Floyd fan or at least fan of his skills. Though have to agree on the low risk high reward approach.

Triple G is a man to bring in the casuals. Lots of young guys tune into MMA because they think it's "bad a**". These same young guys would love to watch a fighter of GGG's quality and love to see knock outs. He can definitely bring more casuals to the sport and as someone has already mentioned, if you don't enjoy watching Gennandy then your following the wrong sport.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 20 Oct 2014, 1:18 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:I think GGG can beat Canelo, Cotto, and Froch IMO but looses badly to Ward, Quillem, and Degale.

Hahaha WTF??!! The amount of punishment DeGold appears happy to ship, it would be a bloody cakewalk!!

And Quilly bailed on his most bankable fight to date, am yet to see reason why he can hang with the big dogs.  GGG would be a close fight, but 'loosing badly' ins't going to happen in a month of Sundays (at least, not to GGG).

Last edited by TopHat24/7 on Mon 20 Oct 2014, 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 20 Oct 2014, 1:20 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
AdamT wrote:Degale is an awkward customer but I would pick GGG to win. Maybe though them extra 8 pounds would make a difference. Benn was a big hitter at super middle but never carried the same power from Middleweight. To be honest few fighters carry their power up the divisons and have the same ko ratio.

Pacman the obvious exception then, or was he on.....

Pacman being the guy who's stopped as many people above 135 as Floyd has (one of those being the shared opponent of Hatton).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 20 Oct 2014, 1:24 pm

As Mayweather earns twenty times as much as GGG...He must bring in plenty of casuals...

Casual fans do appreciate talent..

TOPPY does now and again..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 20 Oct 2014, 1:27 pm

GGG is a beast and you would have to favour him heavily against anyone at 160 or anyone moving up from 154.

In saying that he hasn't had that showcase win against a Class A fighter yet. This isn't his making but until then I can understand some of the reservations.

His amateur record looks pretty much as good as it gets so he must have the skillset to trouble the best. I think he just has great power and a fan friendly style so we just see a brute!

If he was American and a mouth he would be a huge superstar already.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 20 Oct 2014, 1:27 pm

I normally am careful when jumping on the hype train but I love watching Gennandy fight. He SHOULD become boxings biggest draw after next year. If he fights the winner of Cotto and Canelo and wins (he should) then he will be the next big thing. A fight with someone like Chavez JR would also be a fight that would be huge on ppv.

If he does the above then challenges Ward, then boxing has a genuine superfight between possibly the 2 best pound for pound fighters. Boxing's best vs boxings most exciting.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 20 Oct 2014, 1:32 pm

He isn't going to be a top 2 p4per by beating JCC and Cotto..

Manny isn't top 2 at the moment FFS

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 20 Oct 2014, 1:33 pm

I think he fights the best he can but there is no way Cotto would go near him (Cotto isn't a proper MW so don't blame him) and Canelo wouldn't dare go up to face him and his promoter couldn't risk another loss at the moment.

A unification with Jermain Taylor could be made as both are not signed with GBP or Top Rank. Any unification is a worthy fight but the problem lies that he'll get no credit in a win over Taylor at this stage of his career.

To get the big win he needs it means fighting Canelo or Cotto but I can't see it happening.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 20 Oct 2014, 1:34 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He isn't going to be a top 2 p4per by beating JCC and Cotto..

Manny isn't top 2 at the moment FFS

Well boxings most exciting vs boxings best. Though Truss you know the ratings system can be fixed to push marquee names further up a list to make a fight more attractive.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 20 Oct 2014, 1:39 pm

GGG is a beast

GGG is the middleweight Tyson

GGG is a monster

When will it end?

Is this the same GGG beast that got his ears boxed off by a mini dwarf in Stevens?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next