The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please read - new writers wanted for v2's magazine and journal

5 posters

Go down

Please read - new writers wanted for v2's magazine and journal Empty Please read - new writers wanted for v2's magazine and journal

Post by 88Chris05 Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:38 am

Hi everyone,

I’m sure you’ve seen this request before, but it’s time to roll it out there again. Our site magazine ‘The View from v2’ as well as the v2 journal has ground to a bit of a standstill in the last few weeks, and the boxing section, usually a pretty strong area for us, has hit a rough patch as well. Currently, we have four writers – myself, Paul (Hampo), Damien (Reborn) and Dean who follows us on Twitter and kindly puts some time aside to write for us. We’ve handled the haul pretty well up until now but it’s been getting harder and harder to create new, fresh material and hit deadlines.

Does anyone else fancy doing some writing for us for the magazine and journal? We do a range of stuff, from pieces on historical fighters / promoters / trainers etc, to reviews of recent fights / cards, previews, book reviews, general thoughts on the sport and all that jazz, so don’t worry if you feel there are certain areas you wouldn’t be able to cover – the idea is that there’s a bit of something for everyone. I know we’ve got loads of devout fans on here who never miss anything approaching a big fight, and watch a hell of a lot of smaller shows as well, and we also have plenty of guys who can hold their own talking about fighters or boxing figures from bygone eras.

We all love writing for the mag and journal and we do our best to keep it a bit of fun and a passion rather than a chore, and it’ll be the same for anyone else who wants to help us out – you wouldn’t need to put a load of time aside or anything like that. Just a couple of pieces for month to fill the odd page here and there, or to keep the journal ticking over. Any help would really be appreciated.

If you’re interested, or know anyone who might be able to lend a hand, then let us know below and if possible give us a heads up on what kind of stuff you’d like to cover and we can go from there.

Cheers everyone!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Please read - new writers wanted for v2's magazine and journal Empty Re: Please read - new writers wanted for v2's magazine and journal

Post by SugarRayBray Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:05 pm

I think I've mentioned before that I wouldn't mind a bash at this but never got around to producing anything (due to time restraints).
I prefer to write to a brief, however loose. Also, where are contributions to be sent?

SugarRayBray

Back to top Go down

Please read - new writers wanted for v2's magazine and journal Empty Re: Please read - new writers wanted for v2's magazine and journal

Post by hampo17 Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:14 pm

I'll drop you a PM when I get home mate.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayBray Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:23 pm

Thanks.

SugarRayBray

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:19 am

Don't particularly know if I'd be up to the required standard - though would be happy to help out in anyway I could.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:10 pm

Don't worry too much about that as we proof read everything mate.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:20 pm

If it's a couple of pieces a month I might write a few retro 80s pieces.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:27 pm

More than welcome mate. If you PM them to me when they're done and I'll upload them.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:01 pm

Wouldn't exactly be confident enough in coming up with my own subjects etc. But if there is something you wanted covered I'd have no problem doing the research etc. So if you wanna PM any sort of things you were looking that would be great.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down