The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales - The long and winding road to France

+25
JamesLincs
The Saint
whocares
Ent
bedfordwelsh
super_realist
FootballLight
monty junior
Kay Fabe
Lowlandbrit
spencerclarke
WelshDevilRob
Adam D
NickisBHAFC
Good Golly I'm Olly
JDizzle
freemo
Jimmy Moz
Fernando
Stella
Hammersmith harrier
Duty281
Liam
westisbest
Steffan
29 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Wales - The long and winding road to France - Page 2 Empty Wales - The long and winding road to France

Post by Steffan Sun 31 Aug 2014, 6:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

So here we are at the start of another campaign

Chris Coleman will no doubt be looking at star players in Aaron Ramsey and the most expensive signing ever in Gareth Bale along with other top flight players such as Joe Allen and Ashley Williams to see his team through. Wales also have two exciting youngsters in Jonathan Williams and 18 year old George Williams

The campaign starts on the 9th of September against Andorra away. This it is fair to say, is not only a game Wales have to win from a points perspective, but a loss or arguably even a draw would get the men in red off to a disastrous start which would effect the whole confidence and momentum of the campaign

The FAW have placed faith in Coleman as the man to lead Wales to our first major tournament in nearly 60 years

Can he do it...most will say a firm no. The is understandable...but with probably the strongest squad Wales have had since falling at the final hurdle for Euro 2004...the boys are hoping to give a good shot

Gorau Chwarae Cyd Chwarae Wales

Last edited by Steffan on Sun 31 Aug 2014, 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling Error)

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Wales - The long and winding road to France - Page 2 Empty Re: Wales - The long and winding road to France

Post by Liam Tue 11 Nov 2014, 4:41 pm

Huge game. Pressure's on Belgium but we know we can get something there after last years game. Having Ramsey and Allen back is huge and with Kompany looking increasingly unlikely to feature it's more than possible to get at least a point. All about staying ahead of Bosnia.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Wales - The long and winding road to France - Page 2 Empty Re: Wales - The long and winding road to France

Post by Adam D Tue 11 Nov 2014, 4:52 pm

12/1 at Victor Chandler for a Wales win!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Tue 11 Nov 2014, 5:19 pm

tempting.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 11 Nov 2014, 5:38 pm

There's a reason it's 12/1 guys.....
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 11 Nov 2014, 5:45 pm

Cannot see Wales winning given how they have limped past Andorra and Cyprus, but a draw is not entirely out of the question.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 16 Nov 2014, 3:43 pm

Not long to go

Wales - The long and winding road to France - Page 2 10292536_10154779946730361_9043133979075166623_n

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 16 Nov 2014, 4:30 pm

Wales - The long and winding road to France - Page 2 10462749_10154780308520361_7223214170721670041_n

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:23 pm

Come on wales!
Hold on for another 25!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:44 pm

Ouch.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:54 pm

We got a point 

Yahoo

Still undefeated and still top of the group...well done Wales 

Wales

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:58 pm

Marvellous rearguard, and not too far away from snatching all three points either.

Well done Wales. clap

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 17 Nov 2014, 10:56 am

Just who the hell are Israel?

9 points from 3 games.

I thought that we were supposed to be this groups dark horses. Looks like Bosnia are gone already with the group all converging for the places.

Its great that we have Andorra at home in our last game and Bosnia away just before - hopefully they will be too far away to put in a big shift in an attempt to beat us.

Israel away next - top of the table clash!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 17 Nov 2014, 11:51 am

Just saw the result, brilliant from the Welsh,  few people who watched it said they were good for their point too, really fancy Wales to finish in the top 2 in thia group now, still plenty of work to be done but man for man I think only the Belgians are better

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 24 Mar 2015, 11:22 am

So Israel up next. 3 wins from 3 from them having beaten Bosnia 3-0 in their last game.

If we get a win, I think we might qualify automatically. C'mon Wales!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Tue 24 Mar 2015, 4:16 pm

I agree, although I would happily take a point winning there is not out of the question. Confidence will be up after Belgium and with pretty much a fully fit squad, we should be going there in a positive frame of mind looking for the win. If we do, I really fancy us to qualify!

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 28 Mar 2015, 2:21 pm

Gorau Chwarae Cyd Chwarae. Come on Wales. The time is now!!!
Wales - The long and winding road to France - Page 2 10418899_10155304899120361_8806539831129142090_n

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Mar 2015, 5:21 pm

Collins should be shot for missing that tap in. Embarrassing

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Sat 28 Mar 2015, 5:41 pm

Wales completely dominating this, i don't see anything good about Israel whatsoever!

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Sat 28 Mar 2015, 6:36 pm

A classy performance from Wales so far tonight. Although they are playing against 10 men now, they've put a professional performance in here tonight and fully deserve their lead and hopefully clean sheet to go with it. No matter who it is, its always difficult beating the group leaders.

The only problem, they have played the most games from the teams and could slip to 4th place (but obviously, some of them teams below them that can catch them will be playing each other so its not actually possible). But, you'd always rather have the points than the games. Pile the pressure on the opposition.

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Sat 28 Mar 2015, 6:38 pm

Bale again, 77 minutes, game set and match.

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Sat 28 Mar 2015, 6:41 pm

I think they are in a great position, having said that if sides like Israel make the Euro's i'll avoid the early stages, to say they are crap is an insult to crap. How on earth did Bosnia lose 3-0 to them? they've hardly had 3 shots at home tonight.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Sat 28 Mar 2015, 6:43 pm

I think its more than fair to say that wales can't blow an automatic position from here now. Belgium are in there with them, bu there isn't anybody else in that group that they can't beat.

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 28 Mar 2015, 7:18 pm

Adam D wrote:Just who the hell are Israel?

9 points from 3 games.

I thought that we were supposed to be this groups dark horses. Looks like Bosnia are gone already with the group all converging for the places.

Its great that we have Andorra at home in our last game and Bosnia away just before - hopefully they will be too far away to put in a big shift in an attempt to beat us.

Israel away next - top of the table clash!

They shouldn't even be in the competition, they're only in it because the region they are actually in hates their guts. Shame we have to put up with them and an actual European country might not qualify because a middle eastern country gets to play in Europe on a technicality.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sat 28 Mar 2015, 8:09 pm

Famous welsh win tonight. I could tell after about 5 mins israel had nothing about them, and my expectations turned from getting a draw to fully expecting the 3 points. Outclassed them from the first minute really, and it could have been more. Every player had a good game, Bale and Rambo providing the end product when it was needed. Allen was excellent in the middle alongside Vaughan, who was composed when he replaced Ledley. Realistically, the worst we can get now is a play off, but we should be aiming to top the group now. Israel/Andorra home should be another 6 points. Belgium i'll take a point although again, no reason why we can't beat them on our own patch. Bosnia will probably have nothing to play for when we go there, and Cyprus away should be another 3. If we qualify the whole of wales will descend on France.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Sun 29 Mar 2015, 11:08 am

They've done half the job so far have Wales. If they can get potentially another 6-10 points from there remaining games that should easily see them through or at worst 3rd place. Although, I can only see Wales going wrong to someone like Israel at home and slipping up at a 1-1 draw which could cost them and could see them in 3rd place. But, we have to wait and see how it goes for them.

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 29 Mar 2015, 6:03 pm

Well sone to Wales.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 02 Apr 2015, 5:30 am

Egg chaser here in peace Wink

Valley boy born and bred so rugby has always been in my blood but Well Done to Wales for a great win and would be great to see them do well and qualify.

Point I heard on BBC Wales sport other night was that the FAW have refused to swap the next game against Belgium from the CCS to the MS stadium.

What's the football fans views on this? They were talking to one of the players (sorry can't remember his name) and he said they made the right decision as the squad has made the CCS their home ground now and use to playing there etc etc.

I can see his point as it will be I imagine a sold to the rafters full house with a great atmosphere as opposed to maybe a not full MS, or do you guys think they would have sold it out? I would have thought most probably a crowd of circ 50,000 which still leaves 25,000 empty seats.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Thu 02 Apr 2015, 2:06 pm

No i'm happy its being kept at the CCS. 33k is still a good crowd and the players are used to the ground and are beginning to make it somewhat of a fortress. I'd only consider a game at the MS maybe if we qualify and we play a warm up game there. But all that matter is the team and atm, i'm sure most of them see the CCS as their home now and if its benefiting the team, then why change it for the sake of money.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 19 May 2015, 1:12 pm

Wales - The long and winding road to France - Page 2 _82062712_groupbtable

Wales' remaining Euro 2016 qualifiers
12 Jun 2015: Belgium (h)
10 Oct 2015: Bosnia-Hercegovina (a)
3 Sep 2015: Cyprus (a)
13 Oct 2015: Andorra (h)
6 Sep 2015: Israel (h)

If we can draw with Belgium at home and beat both Israel and Andorra at home, I think we will take 2nd with 18 points

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 19 May 2015, 2:19 pm

Funnily enough my Belgium tickets arrived this morning Smile

Bring it on Wales

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 21 May 2015, 12:58 pm

Would love to see Wales get to France.

I think it will go.

Belgium l(but a narrow one)
Bosnia d
Cyprus l/d
Andorra w
Isreal w

So that would give you 18/21 points. Even if 18, think will be enough to see you there.

Good luck

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Thu 21 May 2015, 1:27 pm

Belgium - draw
Bosnia - draw/narrow win
cyprus - win
andorra - win
israel - win

At least 10 points on offer there to take us to 21 points, that should be more than enough. Would love to join the thousands of welsh fans who'll flock to france, it'll be an incredible atmosphere by our fans, similar to that of Ireland's in Ukraine/Poland.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 21 May 2015, 4:23 pm

Liam wrote:Belgium - draw
Bosnia - draw/narrow win
cyprus - win
andorra - win
israel - win

At least 10 points on offer there to take us to 21 points, that should be more than enough. Would love to join the thousands of welsh fans who'll flock to france, it'll be an incredible atmosphere by our fans, similar to that of Ireland's in Ukraine/Poland.

Awesome support. Just hope you do better.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 02 Jun 2015, 9:30 am

Even Thierry Henri was singing our praises this morning on the Beeb.

If we qualify, I hope Scotland dont, otherwise the flights to France will be horrendous!

(hope we all qualify and end up in Scotlands group - need a banker in the group stages after all!)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 10 Jun 2015, 3:01 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32849871

Euro 2016 qualifiers: Belgium's Marouane Fellaini doubt for Wales

It's all happening

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 12 Jun 2015, 12:28 pm

Getting excited now! Havent looked forward to a match this much since.....err.....Wales vs Russia! Hopefully this time we can avoid losing 1-0!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 12 Jun 2015, 12:33 pm

As a Villa fan, this is one game I hope Benteke is quiet.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 12 Jun 2015, 12:51 pm

Cheers Westy!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 12 Jun 2015, 8:33 pm

Job half done. Cmon Wales!!!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 12 Jun 2015, 9:23 pm

10 mins to go!! Come on!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 12 Jun 2015, 9:23 pm

Gunther and robsonkanu have been immense.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri 12 Jun 2015, 9:30 pm

Lukaku is a terrible footballer.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 12 Jun 2015, 9:32 pm

1 minute to go and a free kick on the edge f the box. Squeaky bum time.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 12 Jun 2015, 9:46 pm

Well done Wales. Great result.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Fri 12 Jun 2015, 9:52 pm

Well done Wales for beating the 2nd best team in the world according to fifa rankings!
I like the idea of seing the likes of Wales, Iceland, austria, Northern Ireland etc in the euro finals next year. Quite refreshing Smile

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 12 Jun 2015, 9:54 pm

They'll be singing in the valleys tonight
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 15 Jun 2015, 2:20 pm

Apparently Wales might be going into the FIFA top 10 for July ahead of the World Cup draw meaning they would be in pot 1!

If England had lost yesterday, Wales would have gone above them!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon 15 Jun 2015, 6:40 pm

Apparently we'll be above Spain (amongst others) when the rankings are next updated! What a time to be alive.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 20 Jun 2015, 4:36 pm

I've heard the FIFA rankings are a lot more baffling than the rugby rankings, so not exactly anything to cheer about. If we get through to the euro's, which we're expected to (right?) my football fanatic friends are talking about renting a camper van and driving to France. I might tag along just for the drinking. Not a football fan but I thoroughly enjoyed 60 minutes of that win over Belgium.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 22 Jun 2015, 12:42 pm

The Saint wrote:I've heard the FIFA rankings are a lot more baffling than the rugby rankings, so not exactly anything to cheer about
No I mean it's not as if the higher ranked you are the better world cup qualification group you get or anything...

Stick to rugby if I were you

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next