The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales - The long and winding road to France

+25
JamesLincs
The Saint
whocares
Ent
bedfordwelsh
super_realist
FootballLight
monty junior
Kay Fabe
Lowlandbrit
spencerclarke
WelshDevilRob
Adam D
NickisBHAFC
Good Golly I'm Olly
JDizzle
freemo
Jimmy Moz
Fernando
Stella
Hammersmith harrier
Duty281
Liam
westisbest
Steffan
29 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Wales - The long and winding road to France Empty Wales - The long and winding road to France

Post by Steffan Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:15 pm

So here we are at the start of another campaign

Chris Coleman will no doubt be looking at star players in Aaron Ramsey and the most expensive signing ever in Gareth Bale along with other top flight players such as Joe Allen and Ashley Williams to see his team through. Wales also have two exciting youngsters in Jonathan Williams and 18 year old George Williams

The campaign starts on the 9th of September against Andorra away. This it is fair to say, is not only a game Wales have to win from a points perspective, but a loss or arguably even a draw would get the men in red off to a disastrous start which would effect the whole confidence and momentum of the campaign

The FAW have placed faith in Coleman as the man to lead Wales to our first major tournament in nearly 60 years

Can he do it...most will say a firm no. The is understandable...but with probably the strongest squad Wales have had since falling at the final hurdle for Euro 2004...the boys are hoping to give a good shot

Gorau Chwarae Cyd Chwarae Wales

Last edited by Steffan on Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling Error)

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Wales - The long and winding road to France Empty Re: Wales - The long and winding road to France

Post by westisbest Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:55 pm

Good luck to Wales.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Wales - The long and winding road to France Empty Re: Wales - The long and winding road to France

Post by Steffan Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:27 pm

Cheers Westy. Good luck to the Irish boys as well. Be great if we were both there

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:47 pm

Would indeed.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:26 pm

Looking forward to this campaign as this is our best chance to qualify for a long time, especially with the top 2 going through and a 3rd going into a play off. Far easier to qualify and for once we have a decent group with only Belgium the real super power team of the group, and even then we've proven we can match them even without Bale. We have never traditionally started well and it's all about confidence and momentum for Wales. Couldn't have asked for a better start in Andorra, so hopefully we can get early points on the board.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:34 pm

10 mins until it all kicks off

COME ON WALES Wales

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:38 pm

Ever so slightly amused by the BBC live text referring to Wales as a "principality"...before swiftly changing it to "nation".

Anyway, I have money on Wales winning to nil and a Bale hat-trick, so..er...you know...Come on Wales!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:50 pm

I'm suprised BBC are even reporting on the game

I hope you don't win any money

Come on Wales

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:52 pm

Oh my. Laugh

Wales one down to Andorra! Laugh

The money lost is paid back in laughter!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:54 pm

Get in there Lima.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:58 pm

In the words of Nelson from The Simpsons............."ha ha"
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:59 pm

Andorra's first goal in a competitive game for four years

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:03 pm

Wow I didn't realise so many people disliked Wales in football. I thought England fans cheered on all the home nations. Even my beloved Republic of Ireland. I guess not.

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:08 pm

Yes, Gareth!

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by freemo Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:21 pm

LMAO, if Wales can't beat Andorra then they should give up football altogether.

freemo

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:33 pm

Comedy football all round! This referee is abhorrent - why was Joe Allen booked? Andorra are getting near-enough every fifty-fifty.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:37 pm

Oh Wales. I'd imagine we'll still nick this, Andorra will tire, but Coleman really is an awful manager.

And having played on the this 3G stuff, it should favour the better footballing side. Who that is is debatable!

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:37 pm

If Wales can't beat Andorra then Chris Coleman needs to be down the job centre in the morning. WTF is this long ball crap all about when you got players like Ramsey and Bale in the team? Ashley Williams is terrible and I wouldn't even have him in the team nevermind captain. Ah well we got 45 mins to save embarrassment. At this rate though its gonna be an enjoyable campaign for Duty and Hammersmith and co

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:40 pm

As I want Wales to qualify, I am not quite sure how this will be enjoyable.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:41 pm

Duty281 wrote:Oh my. Laugh

Wales one down to Andorra! Laugh

The money lost is paid back in laughter!
Yeah your really behind the Welsh team ain't ya...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:44 pm

Did you not laugh, Steffan? Just a little bit? I think I would have done if Andorra went one up against England, or if I had been around for San Marino in '93.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:46 pm

Duty281 wrote:Did you not laugh, Steffan? Just a little bit? I think I would have done if Andorra went one up against England, or if I had been around for San Marino in '93.
No the funniest thing about San Marino 93 was that BBC England went to Cardiff to show a Wales penalty for us to possibly qualify (we missed ofcourse) and then forgot to go back to the England game so you all had to listen to it on the radio Laugh

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:55 pm

Is this ref insane or what? Andorra are free to foul away but if a Welsh player even breaths on the home side they get penalised. I know Wales should be beating a team like this but it doesn't help when you got a ref as bent as this.

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:58 pm

Chris Coleman is a very poor manager indeed
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:22 pm

2-1 Wales

Bailed out by a nit picky ref.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:24 pm

Wales fans invading the pitch after going 2-1 up against Andorra is my fav moment of the season so far Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:38 pm

Olly wrote:Wales fans invading the pitch after going 2-1 up against Andorra is my fav moment of the season so far Laugh

Utter cringe!

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:40 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Get in there Lima.
Yeah he did well to give away the free kick for Bale to score didn't he Very Happy

Priiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:41 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Olly wrote:Wales fans invading the pitch after going 2-1 up against Andorra is my fav moment of the season so far Laugh

Utter cringe!
Aw leave them alone the boys been on the beer for the last 3 days and just got a bit over excited

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:52 pm

Ah well we played poor but got the victory on a rubbish pitch against a team that were more trying to hack the Wales team to death rather than play football (7 yellows in the end I think)

Coleman's system needs to be changed if we are to have any success in this campaign. Cyprus beat Bosnia so thats a good result for us. We got Bosnia at home next. I'll be at that match

Must get at least a point. A poor start but we got the points and the dream is still alive. Much improvement needed though

Gorau Chwarae Cyd Chwarae Wales

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:26 pm

Only just beat Andorra Laugh

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:37 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Only just beat Andorra Laugh
Crikey why do English people get so much pleasure out of Wales being crap for? Headscratch

We are not even in your group or even on your radar. We are not even rivals. Why so much hate?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:05 am

To be fair Steffan I think most English people don't actually hate Wales or any other nation in the British Isles, but they don't like to see us do well and enjoy it when we fail. I remember being in a bar on holidays in Ibiza during USA world cup of 1994 (when I was a wee 15 years old lol) watching the Republic of Ireland beat Italy.

The English fans already despised the fact that we had qualified and they hadn't. All the English contingency in this bar which me and my father were watching the game in were cheering against us. It's fair to say they were more than disappointed when we beat Italy in world cup that they hadn't even qualified for lol.

Like I say I wouldn't take it personally as the case has always been that England dislike everyone else in the British Isles and everyone else dislikes them. Lets hope Wales and the Republic of Ireland can have a successful campaign hey and wipe the smiles of their faces. Good luck in your next game. J

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:34 am

Tickets for the Bosnia game all sorted Wales

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:25 am

Ravaged by injury yet again. I have never known another country to consistently get so unlucky with injuries. Absolute joke. Still, we've got a chance and a win against Bosnia would really get our confidence up. For me, it's a must win game and one of the biggest for Wales in a long time. Team Id play:

Hennessy

Gunter
Williams
Chester
Davies

King
Ledley
J.williams

G.williams
Bale
Taylor/HRK

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:14 am

If we can pick up all 3 points tonight, I will be happy with 7 from 9.

Having said that, I can see another goalless draw unfortunately!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:41 am

Good luck to Wales tonight.

Hope you get the win.

Watced a bit of the Bosnia game.

Bale's effort at the end was a bit special.
Lot of players would have held the ball up for some support to arrive.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:15 pm

I thought the depleted Wales side did well against Bosnia and a 0-0 draw was a good result. Bosnia looked powerful going forward.

Tonight, Wales need to get all three points. Cyprus already did us a favour by beating Bosnia, so it's crucial that we capitalise.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:07 pm

Twas a good point for Wales against Bosnia. Hopefully they can back that up with three points tonight, which will keep them right in the mix ahead of next month's difficult game away to Belgium.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:39 pm

Tonight's team
Wales - The long and winding road to France 1010408_10154663541725361_5159837023795806900_n

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:06 pm

Only 30ins to go!

2-0 up after 20.

Now 2-1 up and a man down. This is not good for my heart!!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:07 pm

Could've sworn you was Scottish adam
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:23 pm

Live in Scotland but will always be welsh!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:35 pm

Gunther has been brilliant in this game. Man of the match for me.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:41 pm

Best performance that I've seen wales have since Coleman took over. Well done boyos!!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:46 pm

Well done lads. Still much room for improvement but what with all the injuries as usual we did well

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:48 pm

Well done to wales. Excellent chance of at least third place.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:49 pm

huge huge huge win! 7 from 9 with a squad ravaged by injuries. Yes, we rely on Bales unbelievably as would any other side, but players like gunter, williams, chester, hennesey and ledley have been outstanding. So proud. I really believe its our time this campaign, just got to make the CCS a fortress and don't lose to Bosnia!

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:13 pm

Only a week until we beat the Belgians.

Alez les rouges!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:14 pm

To clarify that's the rouge of wales not Belgium!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next