The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+10
JuliusHMarx
Union Cane
Rowley
Pal Joey
kingraf
rIck_dAgless
superflyweight
88Chris05
Hibbz
ShahenshahG
14 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 3 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Union Cane Fri 15 Aug 2014, 2:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

5. civic
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 3 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 20 Aug 2014, 2:07 pm

Swiss Roll is a bit posh...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 3 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Union Cane Wed 20 Aug 2014, 2:10 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Swiss Roll is a bit posh...

From Sainsbury's Basic range, not posh at all really.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 20 Aug 2014, 2:11 pm

I'm not James Foley.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 20 Aug 2014, 2:19 pm

Union wrote:From Sainsbury's Basic range, not posh at all really.

Blimey, Sainsbury's eh! Check out Mr La Di Daa, we have to make do with the scrapings from Netto in Bradford.

super wrote:I'm not James Foley.

Glad to hear it super...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 20 Aug 2014, 2:27 pm

I reckon Jules is that Indian yoga guru who has just copped it.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 20 Aug 2014, 2:36 pm

I may cop it soon enough, just taken the p1ss out of onetwo again.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 20 Aug 2014, 3:10 pm

super wrote:I may cop it soon enough, just taken the p1ss out of onetwo again

Which thread?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Aug 2014, 3:11 pm

superflyweight wrote:I may cop it soon enough, just taken the p1ss out of onetwo again.
You da man!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 20 Aug 2014, 3:19 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
super wrote:I may cop it soon enough, just taken the p1ss out of onetwo again

Which thread?

The Kovalev one on the boxing board.

I am "da man", Dave. Suck it!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Aug 2014, 4:10 pm

Jules might be that Welsh guy who died after falling onto a metal spike whilst pruning his fir tree

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 20 Aug 2014, 6:08 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Jules might be that Welsh guy who died after falling onto a metal spike whilst pruning his fir tree

Dai Gardener?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 20 Aug 2014, 8:16 pm

The Loaded Dog wrote:
Rowley wrote:When LB gets bored of reading your post you know you're going on a bit.

Morning Rowley. How's things this morning? Busy at work or is there currently a lull in the workplace?

My attention span is always there for Galted. Ring was pretty much the last word in the post so I didn't miss much.

Tremendous post, Loaded Dog, excellent.  You remind me a lot of another poster we used to have called Linebreaker.  Jeff and Tino hated him, they were always backstabbing him in private messages, they claimed he came from Afghanistan or New Zealand or one of those sort of countries but I wasn't having it.  He was one of my favourites.

"Linebreaker's one of my favourites" I always used to say.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 20 Aug 2014, 8:18 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Sean, I think I can save you a few quid on psychiatry sessions and just get you to read your last few posts as an explanation for why you life seems to be heading for the bogs.

Nothing wrong with some high jinx. Too many self important nobheads like you in the world!

Careful, michaels. You don't want SerialDave inside your head, in the figurative or literal sense.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 20 Aug 2014, 9:36 pm

Holy Poopie. Celeb big brother is wild. Busey is f'd. Another world....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 21 Aug 2014, 3:59 am

Sheesh, what happened on the Mike Brown thread? I went to bed mildly impressed that it went two pages without so much as the red font mod warning, I wake up and it's not even locked, it's completely gone
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 21 Aug 2014, 7:33 am

Galted wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:
Rowley wrote:When LB gets bored of reading your post you know you're going on a bit.

Morning Rowley. How's things this morning? Busy at work or is there currently a lull in the workplace?

My attention span is always there for Galted. Ring was pretty much the last word in the post so I didn't miss much.

Tremendous post, Loaded Dog, excellent.  You remind me a lot of another poster we used to have called Linebreaker.  Jeff and Tino hated him, they were always backstabbing him in private messages, they claimed he came from Afghanistan or New Zealand or one of those sort of countries but I wasn't having it.  He was one of my favourites.

"Linebreaker's one of my favourites" I always used to say.

Thanks Galted.
I think LB was either "Michael Jackson" (the albino crocodile in NT) or the poor bugger that got dragged into the Adelaide River by MJ when his fishing net got snagged. That might explain his absence.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/albino-crocodile-michael-jackson-had-to-die-after-fatal-attack-researcher-says-20140819-105xq9.html

Good Morning... or Good Arvo, Raf.
Sweating yet or are you still in an air-conditioned environment?

Don't let anyone see you spit. Huge fines apply. Also for tossing chewing gum away by mouth and cycling under that bridge near the "river" - where one is supposed to dismount the bike and wheel it for about 5m when you go through the underpass. Crazy laws in Sin City.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 21 Aug 2014, 7:50 am

My first thread split OP, and what a gem.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 21 Aug 2014, 7:55 am

Think you might find it could become something of a curse for you Union. Is a lot to live up to, could well be your Citizen Kane moment.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 21 Aug 2014, 8:06 am

Afternoon LD, played a t20 against a visiting Australian team, batted first, got 160-ish. I scored fifteen, then chopped it on to the Pakistani spinner. They chased it down in eighteen, went for a bit of tap, but we're just starting out again. It's ridiculous out here. Wouldn't come back for a holiday, too hot, too humid, too bland.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 21 Aug 2014, 8:19 am

Yeah, and it lacks soul too. Jimi would have hated it there.

Good luck with your other matches.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 21 Aug 2014, 8:33 am

kingraf wrote:Sheesh, what happened on the Mike Brown thread? I went to bed mildly impressed that it went two pages without so much as the red font mod warning, I wake up and it's not even locked, it's completely gone

My If.... thread went.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 21 Aug 2014, 8:36 am

Raf, do you know the Central University of Technology cricket club? Is that your way or a bit further north. Bloemfontein I think.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 21 Aug 2014, 8:40 am

I know C.U.T, but it's a little further down. Probably three-four hour drive
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 21 Aug 2014, 8:42 am

kingraf wrote:I know C.U.T, but it's a little further down. Probably three-four hour drive

I think they got to the national finals skippered by our former OP. Quite shocked as he didn't look like a cricketer when he played for us. Only stumbled across it this morning as another mate plays for Crusaders in Durban.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 21 Aug 2014, 8:46 am

Think you may be a little mistaken, mate. We made the finals this year, and we did face a university, but it wasn't CUT, we faced University of Pretoria. They rolled us for 68. Won the World University Cup as well.

Wasn't there myself due to work comments, but I do know that we got rolled by Pretoria in the finals. Don't know how far CUT got though.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 21 Aug 2014, 8:59 am

Yeah it was 2012 but I meant they just got to the last 10 or whatever it is - not the actual final. Do you play for Steinhoff / Assupol?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 21 Aug 2014, 9:55 am

sean wrote:Do you play for Steinhoff / Assupol?

Stalkerish little W@nker

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 21 Aug 2014, 10:02 am

Rowley wrote:Is a lot to live up to, could well be your Citizen Kane moment.

Or Citizen Cane moment, if you will.

Culture Cuppers / Film Title amalgamations, that can be our mission for today.

I'll kick things off with The Last Kingraf of Scotland
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 21 Aug 2014, 10:15 am

Dagless in Seattle.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 21 Aug 2014, 10:16 am

Spoiler:

(Only works if you pronounce his name properly)

Last edited by Union Cane on Thu 21 Aug 2014, 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 21 Aug 2014, 10:17 am

rick_dagless wrote:
sean wrote:Do you play for Steinhoff / Assupol?

Stalkerish little W@nker

It is one of the few things other than cutting grass that interests me. I love cricket statistics.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 21 Aug 2014, 10:18 am

Union Cane wrote:
Spoiler:

Ha!

Do you remember my boxing Santa's? I still have them saved on my work harddrive. I wonder what IT would think if they stumbled across them?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 21 Aug 2014, 10:22 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Union Cane wrote:
Spoiler:

Ha!

Do you remember my boxing Santa's? I still have them saved on my work harddrive. I wonder what IT would think if they stumbled across them?

Michaels' boxing Santas. Art history was made right there.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 21 Aug 2014, 10:29 am

Spoiler:
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 21 Aug 2014, 10:32 am

They've bloody deleted them. Or maybe it is because we have upgraded to windows something or other.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 21 Aug 2014, 10:36 am

excellent stuff. I'm not going to try. Perhaps you can do something with the 1972 film Superfly?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 21 Aug 2014, 10:59 am

Seanmichaels of the Dead.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 21 Aug 2014, 11:02 am

Spoiler:
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 21 Aug 2014, 11:05 am

Spoiler:

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 21 Aug 2014, 11:10 am

Spoiler:

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 21 Aug 2014, 11:14 am

Can you do one for Dog Day Afternoon, Adam?

It's uncanny how much Al Pacino looked like me... about 20 years ago.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 21 Aug 2014, 11:18 am

Adam D wrote:The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 3 52Vi9M

Brilliant.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 21 Aug 2014, 11:18 am

Top work Adam Smile

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 21 Aug 2014, 11:19 am

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 3 Mv5bmt10
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 21 Aug 2014, 11:20 am

Dangnammit, i can not see most of the images due to works internet policy...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 21 Aug 2014, 11:22 am

I can't see Chairman Mao's although I'm fine with Union's??

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 21 Aug 2014, 11:25 am

I cannot see Unions...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 21 Aug 2014, 11:30 am

rick_dagless wrote:I cannot see Unions...

I don't think Adam can see mine either...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 21 Aug 2014, 11:31 am

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 3 Breake10
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 21 Aug 2014, 11:32 am

Union Cane wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:I cannot see Unions...

I don't think Adam can see mine either...

speaking of which, i had a chortle over this today http://www.buzzfeed.com/alanwhite/he-just-failed-to-get-his-leg-over-aggers

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next