The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scott Quigg

+6
milkyboy
AdamT
catchweight
wheelchair1991
John Bloody Wayne
mobilemaster8
10 posters

Go down

Scott Quigg Empty Scott Quigg

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 05 Aug 2014, 6:27 pm

So it appears the World Champion has finally stepped up. Makes a change.

No no, its not Martinez because he is fighting Frampton. Its not Santa Cruz who they have "apparently" been chasing.....its not Rigo....its certainly not Terrazas.

Nope.

Its another "major fight - one In which Quigg will stamp his authority on the division" (Hearn)

He is fighting Paulus Natangwe Ambunda.

Enjoy.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Scott Quigg Empty Re: Scott Quigg

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 05 Aug 2014, 7:05 pm

I'm just watching the simpsons, and I'm wondering why Bart, a known rebel, is hanging out with renowned dorks such as Martin Prince and that glasses guy (not Millhouse).

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 05 Aug 2014, 7:06 pm

Sorry that must seem irrelevant, was meant for the Kovalev v Hopkins fight thread.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue 05 Aug 2014, 8:45 pm

Quigg is becoming a laughing stock the guy he is fighting is just inside the top 15 of the WBA which in reality means he is just inside the top 100 of the division world wide. Also can we please stop refering to Quigg as a 'world champion' he isnt the 'regular' WBA trinket he holds does not make him a world champion, same goes for Jamie Mac who holds a 'regular' belt

Shame because i like Quigg as a fighter and a persson but this whole ''Wold Champion reign' has bern a farce this latest opponent just adds to it

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 05 Aug 2014, 8:48 pm

Couldn't agree more Wheelchair mate.

Absolute joke "champion" who has never really graced European level let alone World.

Reminds me of an early Burns until he stepped it up a bit and he subsequently lost (but won).

Soon as he touches Rigo, Carl, Cruz, Martinez he gets splattered all around the town.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 05 Aug 2014, 9:17 pm

I smelt BS from Hearn and Gallagher last time they had Quigg out fighting. A lot of big names being mentioned but not doesn't seem much happening about it. I don't think they fancy him against the big names in the division yet.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 05 Aug 2014, 9:19 pm

Frampton destroys him. Quigg too robotic. He can dig and has decent stamina, though he hasn't the skills to mix with the very best.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue 05 Aug 2014, 9:42 pm

I do like Quigg as a fighter as i have said it also must be noted he didnt have much of an amateur background i dont think so he has done well but i think its a shame the way he is fighting guys such as this. Salinas isa decent operator and he pushed quigg to a close draw so maybe that is why hearn is nervous to let him challenge the steller names

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 05 Aug 2014, 9:55 pm

angel 
John Bloody Wayne wrote:I'm just watching the simpsons, and I'm wondering why Bart, a known rebel, is hanging out with renowned dorks such as Martin Prince and that glasses guy (not Millhouse).

At the 20 week scan of my forthcoming second child, he bore an unfortunate resemblance to Homer Simpson and the bump has subsequently been named homer. Last week I bought my father a Homer Simpson onesie for his birthday.  I am as generous as I am inventive and thoughtful with my gifts.

Despite this Simpson kismet in my household, sadly john, I can't help you with the mystery of Bart's friendships, other than the rather obvious suggestion that perhaps it provides greater opportunity for cheap laughs.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 06 Aug 2014, 11:54 am

Salinas, that "decent operator" got mopped up by a 15-7 fighter in 5 rounds. He was embarrassing Quigg up to the 6th with nothing except a jab!!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 06 Aug 2014, 11:57 am

The same thing happened with Cleverly let's remember. He won the WBO then went life and death with Bellew. Then he ended up fighting a load of bums until people just couldn't be annoyed with him and he had to end up taking on Kovalev.

The same will happen with Quigg. Rigo within 6 months was Hearns' quote when Quigg won that regular malarkey
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 06 Aug 2014, 12:19 pm

Ha. I had no idea Salinas had the crap beat out of him by a journeyman. Some peope were raving about that guy.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 06 Aug 2014, 12:37 pm

catchweight wrote:Ha. I had no idea Salinas had the crap beat out of him by a journeyman. Some peope were raving about that guy.

On Ringside Scott Quigg (cringingly) repeated stated the Salinas was a 'World Class' boxer  Doh 

Quigg was fighting on the back foot against a guy who is Cuban with a complete amatuer style. He was always going to be good on the outside and Quigg gave him too much respect. No sure if it was a) Tactics being completely wrong or b) Team Gallagher arent to keen on seeing Quigg get his whiskers tested at World level.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 06 Aug 2014, 12:40 pm

I remember that episode. The funny thing was they had Gallagher in the ring with Quigg going through all the tactics and the gameplan as if he had put on a master class. I was thinking "er you didnt even win the fight......"

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed 06 Aug 2014, 12:55 pm

Joe didsay it was 'the plan' to pick it up after 6 rounds if i remember

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 06 Aug 2014, 12:57 pm

wheelchair1991 wrote:Joe didsay it was 'the plan' to pick it up after 6 rounds if i remember

After the fight?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed 06 Aug 2014, 1:04 pm

Yeah after the fight which i thought was a very strange as his fighter would have been so far behind on points he would struggle to get a points descision
Mind you i suppose Joe would argue we knew Salinas would tire and thought we could stop him late in the fight

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 06 Aug 2014, 1:17 pm

Its even worse if he's suggesting that was the plan. Give 5 of the first 6 rounds to the Cuban and hope he's enjoying western culture enough to tire late one?

His 'soft' matchmaking might be covering up some his weaknesses

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 06 Aug 2014, 1:24 pm

Sadly its true, the pair of them pretty much admitted the plan was to lose the early rounds! It brought much hilarity in these parts at the time. Tactical genius that trainer of the year Gallagher... Just not very good at maths.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 06 Aug 2014, 1:30 pm

Quigg is good, just not up there with Frampton or Santa Cruz. He has a good engine and fitness which is useful for bridging gaps against more talented boxers. I dont think Hearn is serious about putting him in with the big boys in the division yet. I dont know if I would trust Gallagher to develop a top talent at world class level.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 06 Aug 2014, 1:41 pm

Gallagher grates on me. He seems to want to be as famous as his fighters.

He can whip them into shape, but there trainers in the UK with a lot more boxing nous (IMO).

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed 06 Aug 2014, 2:52 pm

Yeah hes not my favorite trainer either if Paul Smith wins in Germany the Sky lovein with Joe is going to go into overdrive

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Aug 2014, 3:01 pm

Be no different to the Adam Booth loving that occurred a few years back...and the outpouring of "Adam Booth is sh!t trainer and a scumbag" posts that quickly followed.

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed 06 Aug 2014, 3:03 pm

I do actually rate Booth as a trainer above Joe

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Aug 2014, 3:04 pm

Get back in your box, Booth lover!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed 06 Aug 2014, 4:02 pm

I know my view of booth is going beyond the pale for some on here

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 06 Aug 2014, 5:26 pm

Booth seems to rip fighters off by demanding management fees as well as training fees.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed 06 Aug 2014, 10:42 pm

His managerial pay and fees do seem a bit much but i was talking purely from a trainer/cornerman view

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Thu 07 Aug 2014, 12:55 am

I think Booth is a decent trainer, but overrated as a tactician. He also insists on employing 'mind games' in every fight he's involved in, which normally amounts to not much more than trying to pee people off.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 07 Aug 2014, 3:41 am

I think Hearn is desperate to stick him in with Frampton actually, but he is currently in the who needs him category for a lot of fighters. Don't think Golden Boy want to put him in with Santa Cruz, Hearn won't want to stick him in with Rigo (But no one does in fairness...) Carl wants a world title and brought more money to the table for a Kiko Martinez fight so kind of stuck Quigg in with fighting mediocrity again.

Think there is genuine hope after the Frampton/Martinez fight providing Frampton pushes on and wins again, he will hold a strap, and his contract with BoxNation runs out so there will potentially be a "unification" of sorts, though Quigg's belt is worth less than my Topman one as it is quite clearly made out of paper.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down