The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hungarian GP Thread (Contains Quali/Race spoilers) - Sponsored by who cares

+16
monty junior
liverbnz
banbrotam
Bull
Gerry SA
sportform
Trebs
Hulking_up
mystiroakey
dyrewolfe
Don Caboose
bogbrush
Good Golly I'm Olly
CaledonianCraig
Fernando
GSC
20 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Hungarian GP Thread (Contains Quali/Race spoilers) - Sponsored by who cares - Page 5 Empty Hungarian GP Thread (Contains Quali/Race spoilers) - Sponsored by who cares

Post by GSC Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

Track: Hungaroring. Permanent circuit.

Race start time: 1pm UK time Sunday (2pm local).

Laps: 70.

Track length: 4.381 km.

Tyre allocation: Medium (white) and soft (yellow).

DRS Zones: Two with one detection point – pit straight and between Turns One and Two.

Driver steward: Emanuele Pirro.

Lap record: Michael Schumacher - 1:19.071 (Ferrari; 2004).

2013 pole: Lewis Hamilton - 1:19.388 (Mercedes).

Thursday 24th July
2pm - Drivers' Press Conference

Friday 25th July
8.45am – Hungarian GP Practice One
12.45pm – Hungarian GP Practice Two

Saturday 26th July
9.45am – Hungarian GP Practice Three
12pm – Hungarian GP Qualifying

Sunday 27th July
12pm - The 2014 Hungarian GP – Race

Lewis Hamilton is tied with Michael Schumacher as the most successful driver of all-time in Hungary having won the race on four occasions. The Mercedes man broke his duck for the Silver Arrows at the Hungaroing last year and another win in 2014 would make it three in a row at the venue.

Jenson Button is the only other current driver to have won the race on multiple occasions, whilst Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen have also both stood atop the podium in 2003 and 2005 respectively.

2013 result: 1. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes); 2. Kimi Raikkonen (Lotus); 3. Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull); 4. Mark Webber (Red Bull); 5. Fernando Alonso (Ferrari); 6. Romain Grosjean (Lotus); 7. Jenson Button (McLaren); 8. Felipe Massa (Ferrari); 9. Sergio Perez (McLaren); 10. Pastor Maldonado (Lotus).

Last five winners in Hungary: 2013: Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes); 2012: Lewis Hamilton (McLaren); 2011: Jenson Button (McLaren); 2010: Mark Webber (Red Bull); 2009: Lewis Hamilton (McLaren).

Pirelli will bring the white-marked medium and yellow-banded soft tyres to the Hungaroring, as was the case in 2013.

“The Hungaroring is a relatively slow-speed track, but the race is often run in hot conditions, increasing the work on the tyres. To provide a wide working range and increase opportunities for strategy, the medium and the soft tyres will be brought to Hungary.,” the Italian firm said.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Hungarian GP Thread (Contains Quali/Race spoilers) - Sponsored by who cares - Page 5 Empty Re: Hungarian GP Thread (Contains Quali/Race spoilers) - Sponsored by who cares

Post by monty junior Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:21 pm

Can't take 2005 as "beating Schumacher to the title" the Bridgestone tyres were terrible in comparison to the Michelins. Most of the season the Ferrari's were just higher midfield, in fact on pure pace they were even behind Toyota. Gives about as much credence to Schumacher "beating Alonso" to the 2001,2003 and 2004 titles.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Hungarian GP Thread (Contains Quali/Race spoilers) - Sponsored by who cares - Page 5 Empty Re: Hungarian GP Thread (Contains Quali/Race spoilers) - Sponsored by who cares

Post by sikhlion Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:19 pm

Maybe Ricciardo is really good rather than Vettel being really bad? He is having a pretty good season and who knows he may go on to be a multi world championship winner. I think Rosberg is a worthy opponent for any of the top drivers. I think you put alonso Vettel or any top driver in the merc and they wouldn't walk over Rosberg easily. Not this season anyway. The mercs too dominant and even starting low down the grid can usually creep into the points. So even if Rosberg had the bad luck that Hamilton as had I still think it'd be close. It's not like before where other cars can get in the mix. So this plus the odd episodes of bad luck ie mechanical failure crashes etc will mean that there would never be a huge difference between the two merc drivers. I wish schuey had the merc when it was this good it would of been great to see him win for them too!

sikhlion

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:32 pm

Yes Ricciardo may be the next big thing but last year he never wiped the floor with Jean Eric Vergne at Torro Rosso. He has been impressive this year no doubt but if Vettel is being painted as an all-time great then I would not be expecting him to being wiped the floor with by a newcomer to the team he has ruled for four years. All-time greats I expect much better from so it begs the question is he really an all-time great or a benefactor of a fabulous car. People will judge that for themselves.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:56 am

bet Vettel wishes Red Bull had gone after Kimi now Very Happy

on a more serious choice, RB's backing of Ricciardo is actually looking like a very astute move right now.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:34 am

I can see Vettel being at Merc next year and LH leaving whatever the outcome.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:39 am

Reports in Italy are claiming Pat Fry has been sacked by the Scuderia...

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:41 am

I think that has been denied gerry.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:06 pm

mystiroakey wrote:I think that has been denied gerry.
True but I think it's Ferrari's double bluff. 

They like doing things on their terms. Not leaked out. 

I'd expect an official statement mid way through the summer break

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:53 pm

mystiroakey wrote:I can see Vettel being at Merc next year and LH leaving whatever the outcome.

Yes it is certainly looking a lot more realistic now that Red Bull are not the team they were and with Adrian Newey taking a back seat. And Vettel will not feel as if he is leaving the team in the lurch since Ricciardo is doing so well.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:22 pm

LH leaving whatever the outcome is something I can't agree with. If Hamilton win the championship, he's staying exactly where he is. He'd be World Champion, at the best team, still with a year left on his deal & shown that he's able to beat Rosberg, even with a host of issues. Just because Vettel is unhappy means nothing to the future of Hamilton, if he wins the championship. Agree, if it goes the other way though & Rosberg is victorious, I see McLaren & Ron Dennis making a statement of intent & bringing Lewis back to galvanise the team, leading into the Honda era. Then Vettel could jump to Mercedes. Its all hypothetical though, I still see Vettel at Ferrari.

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:29 pm

Yes I see what you are saying John but would disagree with a few things. I agree that if Hamilton won the world title he'd stay put. However, there is no way Vettel will end up at Ferrari whilst Alonso is there - absolutely not. I agree the most obvious move for Hamilton if he were to leave would be a return to McLaren but Red Bull (if they continue to improve) may be an option as well.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:16 pm

Mercedes' title-warring drivers have been told they must follow team orders over the remaining eight races of 2014.

Wolff added that the pair "will continue to be free to race" for the rest of their 2014 title battle.

But he also said that Mercedes' "priority as a team is always to give ourselves the best chance of winning the race - no matter which driver is fighting for it".

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafa's biceps Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:46 pm

I don't see Sebastian Vettel at Mercedes working out TBH. Vettel is the obviously the most popular/talented/marketable German racer out there. But if Nico Rosberg becomes world champion, then surely he'd be favoured over Vettel. Vettel might be the four time champion, but as Lewis Hamilton seems to be finding out, Rosberg is Mercedes' golden boy. There's no real love lost between Lauda and Vettel to boot either.

Vettel to McLaren or Ferrari would be more logical moves. As he'd be the lead driver. Assuming Alonso would go to Mercedes and Hamilton to McLaren again.

Rafa's biceps

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:48 pm

I really don't see how Lewis is finding out that Rosberg is Mercedes golden boy but by all means.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafa's biceps Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:59 pm

GSC wrote:I really don't see how Lewis is finding out that Rosberg is Mercedes golden boy but by all means.
Rosberg is being favoured amigo...

Rafa's biceps

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:02 pm

...how amigo...
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafa's biceps Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:06 pm

GSC wrote:...how amigo...
In my opinion it's no coincidence that Hamilton has suffered far more car problems than German driver Rosberg. Rosberg isn't as marketable as Hamilton/Alonso/Vettel. Mercedes needed a marketable driver to increase brand awareness after Schumacher retired. Hamilton ticks all the boxes. BUT would Mercedes AMG want a German or a Britain to win a world championship???

Rafa's biceps

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:09 pm

Oh great the conspiracy theorists are back.

Would Mercedes sabotage their own car given the vast resources piled into it is the only question you need to answer to dismiss this line of thinking. Its plain bad luck.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:15 pm

Amigo, your talking nonsense & I'm a Hamilton fan. Reliability is all about luck & Hamilton's dodgy pits are more to do with Hamilton missing his marks, than Mercedes favouritism towards NR. Hamilton won four in a row, there were no complaints, now he's endured a tough spell, as drivers face during a long season & the accusations arise. NR had bad luck with safety car this weekend & Lauda backed Hamilton's decision to disobey orders, shows there is no favouritism & that bad luck happens to both, although admittedly LH has endured much worse. To be only 11 pts behind is something to be happy about, given the circumstances.

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:58 pm

GSC wrote:Oh great the conspiracy theorists are back.

Would Mercedes sabotage their own car given the vast resources piled into it is the only question you need to answer to dismiss this line of thinking. Its plain bad luck.

Yes I would agree.

If Mercedes had a preference it would be for the German driver to clinch the title but not to the extent where they will sabotage one of their own cars. Absolutely no way. Lewis has just had the bad luck but it may yet even itself out this season.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:00 pm

Oh absolutely Mercedes would prefer Rosberg won it. But not nearly to the extent where they would actively try to give him the title.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:06 pm

GSC wrote:Oh absolutely Mercedes would prefer Rosberg won it. But not nearly to the extent where they would actively try to give him the title.

I do believe I said that.  Wink 
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:15 pm

And I do believe I was agreeing. Wink
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:25 pm

It is interesting to see what will happen at the end of the season at Mercedes. If Nico clinches the title this year and Lewis has niggling thoughts of favouritism at all it is not out of the question he'd move on and Vettel would be the one to replace him. However, if Lewis clinches the title then it will surely see Lewis stay put and perhaps be regarded as No.1 at the team. I'd still see Nico remaining at Mercedes whatever happens though.

For me in F1 at the moment we have three drivers with egos. By that I mean they are not drivers you could out alongside each other in a team as there would be too much clash of ambition, ego and personality. Those three drivers are Alonso, Vettel and Hamilton.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:23 pm

Melbourne signs new 5 year deal to keep hosting the Aussie GP

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by crward77 Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:25 am

Fernando wrote:Melbourne signs new 5 year deal to keep hosting the Aussie GP

To be honest, I am not that much of a fan of the Aussie GP. Don't really like the circuit.  censored 

crward77

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:39 pm

Bernie has just peed off the Italians that's another famous corner ruining by tarmac.

Hungarian GP Thread (Contains Quali/Race spoilers) - Sponsored by who cares - Page 5 BubTwKtIIAA3uH-

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:03 pm

is that serious or just a cover for an event or something? if that corner has been tarmacked, that is disgraceful. drivers need punishing for errors......killing the sport.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:06 pm

That's real and it's been done due to World Superbikes returning their in 2015.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:09 pm

I thought bikes needed less room to manouevre than cars?

I would have thought for F1 races they could put some temporary barriers there, to stop drivers using it as a run-off area...at least I hope so, or its just giving them licence to run off the track.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:07 pm

''Defending champion Sebastian Vettel is having a disappointing season because he is worn out''.

Christian Horner  picard 

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:20 pm

In other news it appears Kimi has (Kumquat) punted his missus and knocked her up. He always said he wouldn't be a dad in F1 so could see him retire at end of season.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:22 pm

Imagine he was going to retire anyway.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:08 pm

Bianchi to replace you imagine, you can't spend three years at Marussia.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:10 pm

Bianchi joining depends on what Fernando does. 

Ferrari may well have 2 out of Perez/Hulkenberg/Bianchi

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:43 pm

John wrote:''Defending champion Sebastian Vettel is having a disappointing season because he is worn out''.

Christian Horner  picard 

He does spout some crap, that bloke.  Laugh  He seems like a nice enough guy, but he really needs to work on his PR and learn how to give more plausible answers.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:41 pm

He is merely trying to wrap his protege in cotton wool. Or perhaps Seb IS worn out now that he has a car that is not a pure dream to drive but that still doesn't add up as Alonso, Hamilton et al have had a stinker of a car to drive in recent seasons but we don't hear that excuse bandied around for them.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:44 pm

No, Hamilton plays the race card instead
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:14 pm

GSC wrote:No, Hamilton plays the race card instead

Well he certainly does like to race...  raspberry 
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:52 pm

Hungarian GP Thread (Contains Quali/Race spoilers) - Sponsored by who cares - Page 5 BvJumbFCUAAe9cz

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:53 pm

Max Verstappen confirmed at Toro Rosso for 2015, aged 17. I see tears.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:57 pm

Ditching vergne?! Wow bold move!

I agree with John, surely that's too young...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:07 pm

Even worse news, we won't be seeing Petra anymore.  Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:38 pm

Surprised by this move, He's not even that good being dominated by Esteban Ocon in F3

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:39 am

Anyone know more info about Andre Lotterer potentially driving for Caterham this weekend?

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:27 pm

Fernando wrote:Surprised by this move, He's not even that good being dominated by Esteban Ocon in F3

Perhaps sponsorship has something to do with it? After all, that seems to be as important as talent these days.  Wink 

Either that or his dad is well connected?
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:31 pm

Vergne might get a drive elsewhere I suspect. Showed enough vs Ricciardo, and no luck this season
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:44 pm

Well in the main BBC article about this, Vergne did say he was already looking to next season. Probably Caterham or Marussia are his best bets...unless Lotus fancy getting shot of Maldonado.

A strong finish to this season wouldn't hurt his prospects...

dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:16 pm

Maldonado is confirmed for 2015 at Lotus. Vergne has been plagued unfortunately with issues, could end up at any of the lower teams, but it won't be enjoyable. He's had his chance.

Still not confirmed that Lotterer is replacing Kobayashi at Caterham this weekend, be great if he did. Great driver for Audi.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:18 pm

Vergne could and perhaps should catch on as a third driver somewhere up the grid.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next