The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Last Angle for Kurt

+7
JamesLincs
DrDeath
Adam D
Samo
XR
Jammy31
Dolphin Ziggler
11 posters

Go down

One Last Angle for Kurt Empty One Last Angle for Kurt

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 10 Jul 2014, 10:54 pm

From WrestleZone (and before that from Jim Ross) http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/491325-kurt-angle-reveals-tna-status

Kurt Angle was the special guest on the latest edition of Jim Ross’ Ross Report podcast, and during the interview Angle revealed some big news. The following are some highlights:

-Angle revealed his contract with TNA expires on September 21st, and although TNA offered him a new contract, he turned it down. Angle said he feels his next wrestling contract will be his last, so he really needs to think about what that means to him and who he will sign with.

I know Kurt just isn't the man he was, but a final WWE run would be undoubtedly interesting

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

One Last Angle for Kurt Empty Re: One Last Angle for Kurt

Post by Jammy31 Thu 10 Jul 2014, 11:14 pm

Would they redo Angle vs. Lesnar or would that just not live up to par with the first time it happened?
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Fri 11 Jul 2014, 8:40 am

One last run for Kurt in the WWE would be amazing, but he has to work a light schedule because of how knackered his body is. Angle v Lesnar/Cesaro/KENTA/Bryan/Rollins/Ambrose/Reigns are all exciting prospects for matches, in my eyes.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Fri 11 Jul 2014, 8:42 am

Plus, if the stars align and Jericho and Angle are on the roster at the same time...Kirk Angel.  thumbsup 

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 11 Jul 2014, 9:57 am

The man to finally defend America's honour against Rusev? Or against Swagger to show what a REAL real American looks like.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 11 Jul 2014, 11:11 am

I am sure the podcast team would have a few ideas on how to repackage him on his return.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DrDeath Fri 11 Jul 2014, 12:15 pm

Adam D wrote:I am sure the podcast team would have a few ideas on how to repackage him on his return.

So you are assuming he will return - He'll probably resign with TNA

DrDeath

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri 11 Jul 2014, 12:24 pm

an american hating canadian

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Fri 11 Jul 2014, 5:03 pm

Would be great to see Kurt back in the WWE. A number of great "wrestling" feuds and also some with a whiff of xenophobia thrown in as well...

I would guess he would work a very light schedule if they brought him back maybe only needing to do 4 PPV's a year for the same money TNA would be offering for a full time schedule??

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeliever Fri 11 Jul 2014, 5:23 pm

If (and I suspect this is the usual TNA story of 'he's out of contract' followed by a 'suprise return') he did return I'm not sure I'd be that interested in him coming back to wrestle - with all his injuries he's so far past what he was when he was last in the WWE I think it would damage his legacy and be nothing more than a disappointment.
I'd prefer any comeback to be in more of a management capacity - a challenge to the Authority, perhaps. You could still get a match thrown in here and there and perhaps as the conclusion the the storyline but anything rather another feud with the likes of Jericho.
I'm not even sure there is anyone out there that would be able to move up above mid-card through a feud with Angle and I'm damn sure I don't want him in the title scene taking opportunities from Rollins, Ambrose or Reigns.
As for re-igniting a feud with the like of Jericho, Cena, etc - well it's been done before and I don't think at this stage of his career he'll be able to top those matches.
I'm a huge fan of a lot of what Angle has done but if he returns they need to be very careful in what capacity it will be.

Unbeliever

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sat 12 Jul 2014, 12:00 am

Angle has been lobbying for a return to WWE every time his contract expires for the past god knows how long, WWE has rebuffed him every time, I'm guessing they consider him too high risk given they released him fearing that he was a ticking time bomb, his bizarre interviews, girlfriend stalking issues, drink driving problems and just the general apparent decline in physical health probably won't do much to assure them the situation has changed.

My guess is we won't see Angle in WWE ever again, in a wrestling capacity at least.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Tue 15 Jul 2014, 8:36 am

^ True. But he's apparently 1 year sober. I can see them bringing him back as a talent IF he passes a medical. If not, then they may still bring him back him but make him a GM or something.

If he signs, he's going in the HOF straight after.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 22 Jul 2014, 2:48 pm

gcBlues wrote:^ True. But he's apparently 1 year sober. I can see them bringing him back as a talent IF he passes a medical. If not, then they may still bring him back him but make him a GM or something.

If he signs, he's going in the HOF straight after.

Hope he's held on to his TNA HOF watch, just in case the move doesn't pan out...  Wink 
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down