The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Angle

2 posters

Go down

Kurt Angle Empty Kurt Angle

Post by We Want Edge Sat 14 Apr 2012, 12:19 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/17695309

I was just looking on BBC Sport yesterday and found this article about Mr Angle.

Quite sad that he went to so much effort when in reality he had too many injuries to succeed. Good publicity though for TNA which they really need! Wink

It says he will be out for 5-6months (or not 100%) can I change my predictions on greger's prediction league now? thumbsup

We Want Edge

Back to top Go down

Kurt Angle Empty Re: Kurt Angle

Post by talkingpoint Sat 14 Apr 2012, 2:18 pm

i rather thought they downplayed his connection to TNA - obviously WWE is a much bigger name so former-WWE wrestler holds more weight than current TNA wrestler. There was only two references made to TNA. I understand though that he was training for the Olympics and so his amatuer career as a freestyle wrestler and winning the gold medal in the 1996 Olympics was much more relevant to the article than his accomplishments in TNA. I feel sorry for him that he will not even be able to compete in the qualifiers for the Olympic squad, it was a great marketing tool for the WWE to have a genuine Olympic gold medalist on their roster and I think Kurt Angle's involvement in the London Olympics had he qualified would have been a similar boost to TNA to have an active Olympian on their roster.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down