The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England v India First Test Trent Bridge

+24
Corporalhumblebucket
jbeadlesbigrighthand
dyrewolfe
VTR
dummy_half
Pal Joey
Scrumpy
mystiroakey
JDizzle
NickisBHAFC
king_carlos
subhranshu.kumar.5
Mad for Chelsea
alfie
Gerry SA
guildfordbat
liverbnz
Liam
Duty281
GSC
Good Golly I'm Olly
KP_fan
kingraf
msp83
28 posters

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 14 Empty England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by msp83 Tue 08 Jul 2014, 5:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

The 5 test series cramped into a 42 day schedule gets underway at Trent Bridge tomorrow. The 2 middling sides have a lot to prove. Hopefully we'll get to have some exciting cricket.

msp83

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 14 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by KP_fan Sun 13 Jul 2014, 3:28 pm

the jitters and stutters and the scare was over when Kumar hung in for a bit.
well done my man Binny....temperament is his solidest forte in addition to many skills.
give him Wobbly atmosphere or seaming pitch and he will show his othewr skill also.
Now India should bat out the day and grind / tire the english bowling
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 14 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by KP_fan Sun 13 Jul 2014, 3:43 pm

btw Dhoni has the worst technique in Ind's top-9 and Jadeja second worst.
they should play their strokes all the time like the they tried in first inning.
i guess the situation today was over-whelming
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Sun 13 Jul 2014, 4:24 pm

Stuart Terrence Roger Binny lbw b. Moin Munir Ali !

a casual cricket follower might be forgiven if by the read of that part of scorecard he thought Eng was batting and India bowling Smile
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 13 Jul 2014, 4:32 pm

Now, now KP_fan. I will have you know that in multicultural, politically correct, twenty-first century Britain, Moeen Ali is a name as English as John Smith!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 13 Jul 2014, 4:56 pm

We can turn our thoughts gracefully towards Lord's now; a ground that is the most magical of all cricketing venues.

That starts on Thursday. The short gaps between Test matches in this series are, one assumes, to accommodate the limited-overs twaddle tacked on at the end. It has all the importance of a GCSE exam, and will probably be just as exciting.

Back to the Second Test, I rather hope for some grass on the wicket. Not too much to ask is it? Oh and maybe Cooky can get some runs, as well!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 13 Jul 2014, 4:57 pm

Oh my god, Cook bowled an over! These five days of nothingness have just become worth it. Bowled a quicker ball... registered 55mph. Gary Ballance seems a decent tweaker as well.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 13 Jul 2014, 4:58 pm

Now Cook and Anderson can swap places in the order!

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 13 Jul 2014, 5:00 pm

Alastair Cook has a Test wicket!! We truly are in a golden age
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 13 Jul 2014, 5:00 pm

LOL
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 13 Jul 2014, 5:02 pm

My brain...can't compute...oh that is sensational.

Something to tell the grandchildren.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 13 Jul 2014, 5:04 pm

Unbelievable Jeff
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 13 Jul 2014, 5:04 pm

Ishant Sharma has just announced his retirement from all forms of cricket
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 13 Jul 2014, 5:16 pm

Reminds me of the time our club captain bowled his one and only over in his career. They need 6 to win and he bowled the final over, first ball went for four, next ball pitched on the edge of the wicket, jagged back and bowled their number 11, he still talks about it now and it was ten years ago Laugh

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 13 Jul 2014, 5:33 pm

Duty281 wrote:I did stick a fiver on Anderson to be MOTM at odds of 12/1 on the account of his bowling...not his Gower-like batting! Well done to Joe Root as well for century which, because of Anderson, has slipped under the radar somewhat.

James Anderson, you are a beautiful, lovely, gorgeous man, and I absolutely love you.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 13 Jul 2014, 5:42 pm

With a James Anderson 50 and an Alastair cook wicket, is this the best worst test match ever?!

Glorious scenes
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Sun 13 Jul 2014, 6:13 pm

MOM anderson  Shocked 
bhuvi will feel hard done by.....only 5-fer of the match for only 80 runs...and 120 runs with the bat...at an average of 120
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 13 Jul 2014, 6:31 pm

In the end, a draw is fair. Neither team can feel hard done by, and on to Lord's we go.

My ratings

Vijay - 8 Fantastic
Dhawan - 2
Pujara - 6 got two decent starts, will be very disappointed
Kohli - 5
Rahane - 6
Dhoni - 6 downgraded one for captaincy
Jadeja - 5
Binny - 5
Kumar - 8.5
Sharma - 6.5
Shami - 5.5

Cook - 3 upgrade one for the wicket
Robson - 7
Balance - 7
Bell - 6
Root - 8
Ali - 6, decent all round performance
Prior - 3
Stokes - 4
Broad - 6.5
Plunkett - 5
Anderson - 8.5
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Sun 13 Jul 2014, 6:32 pm

Duty281 wrote:Now, now KP_fan. I will have you know that in multicultural, politically correct, twenty-first century Britain, Moeen Ali is a name as English as John Smith!

ohh you miss the point completely....but not unexpectedly Shocked 

this piece of score card is a tribute to multicultural free , equal oportunity democratic two countries playing cricket with each other

Last edited by KP_fan on Sun 13 Jul 2014, 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Sun 13 Jul 2014, 6:33 pm

@kingraf..what do kohli and Bell get their 5 and 6 for  Shocked 
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 13 Jul 2014, 6:41 pm

Could have sworn Kohli got a start in the first Test. Obviously wrong... maybe a 3? Little kind for Bell, but he got a start, and took a blinder...maybe one?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 13 Jul 2014, 6:50 pm

My chanages

Bell 4
Robson and balance 6.5
root 8.5
broad 8
Jimmy 8.5
prior 5(cant blame him for that holwer)

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 13 Jul 2014, 7:34 pm

Yeah I'd say you're harsh on Broad Kingraf, bowled well in both innings and played a great role in changing the momentum of the match with the bat

Other than that no qualms
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 13 Jul 2014, 7:41 pm

Would also say its fantastic tactics from England to let Ishant get a few wickets and Bunny a few runs, make sure they're in the side throughout the tour
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 13 Jul 2014, 8:38 pm

KP_fan wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Now, now KP_fan. I will have you know that in multicultural, politically correct, twenty-first century Britain, Moeen Ali is a name as English as John Smith!

ohh you miss the point completely....but not unexpectedly Shocked 

this piece of score card is a tribute to multicultural free , equal oportunity democratic two countries playing cricket with each other

I think I threw up slightly reading that!

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Sun 13 Jul 2014, 9:06 pm

^me too..threw up....seeing Cook trying to be funny bowling and celebrating.

that man's back side is on fire......and "pretend funny" doesn't cover it.
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun 13 Jul 2014, 10:16 pm

A fair result in the end. Stuart Binny provided me with a very pleasant surprise, I would treat his substantive innings and each wicket as a surprise for some more time, up to appoint where he shows he can do it on a consistent basis. But credit where it is due, it was a fine innings under pressure. Playing his first test, his selection in the squad and then in the side questioned by many, experts and ordinary followers alike, totally failed with the ball, did nothing with the bat in the first innings. Then he came into bat at 8 into a very tricky situation, when defeat after in charge of the game right up to the start of the 4th day was a realistic possibility. First with Ravindra Jadeja and then with Bhuvneshwar Kumar, he calmly took the side to safety with an assured innings.
Hope for more of the same with the bat, and hope for something meaningful with the ball, Son of Roger!.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun 13 Jul 2014, 10:22 pm

Apart from Virat Kohli, Shikhar Dhawan and to an extent Ajinkya Rahane, every Indian player put up their hands at one or the other point in the game. A fabulous test for Murali Vijay, a hundred and a half-century, almost 200 runs in the match. A couple of starts including a 50 for Pujara, a very crucial 82 from the skipper in the first innings, control with the ball and a couple of starts from Ravindra Jadeja, (the quality time he spend at the wicket in the 2nd innings was crucial though he didn't look the most reassuring presence in the middle) a very crucial half-century from Binny that had match saving qualities about it, a 5 for and twin half-centuries from Bhuvneshwar Kumar, a 3for for Ishant Sharma, an entertaining and very crucial 50 from Shami........

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 13 Jul 2014, 11:13 pm

Olly wrote:Yeah I'd say you're harsh on Broad Kingraf, bowled well in both innings and played a great role in changing the momentum of the match with the bat

Other than that no qualms

Totally agree. As flagged earlier, Broad had a very fine game. In partucular, his influence with the bat should not be underestimated.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 13 Jul 2014, 11:55 pm

Gotta say if I was India I'd have has 10-15 overs at Cook to see if they could get him cheap again, and pile more pressure on
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 14 Jul 2014, 12:26 am

Olly wrote:Gotta say if I was India I'd have has 10-15 overs at Cook to see if they could get him cheap again, and pile more pressure on

Olly - I appreciate your point but wonder if India needed to try and put any more pressure on Cook. His current form is very poor - why not just leave him to stew? Unless Cook can redicover form significantly and quickly, India should be mighty pleased as things are. Giving him 10 -15 overs would also have given him a chance to make an undefeated 20 odd and start to turn things round.

At the moment, a lot more England supporters than India supporters want Cook booted out (whether it just be the captaincy or the team). I can understand Dhoni being content to leave things as they are.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 14 Jul 2014, 7:21 am

guildfordbat wrote:
Olly wrote:Gotta say if I was India I'd have has 10-15 overs at Cook to see if they could get him cheap again, and pile more pressure on

Olly - I appreciate your point but wonder if India needed to try and put any more pressure on Cook. His current form is very poor - why not just leave him to stew? Unless Cook can redicover form significantly and quickly, India should be mighty pleased as things are. Giving him 10 -15 overs would also have given him a chance to make an undefeated 20 odd and start to turn things round.

At the moment, a lot more England supporters than India supporters want Cook booted out (whether it just be the captaincy or the team). I can understand Dhoni being content to leave things as they are.

I'd agree to some extent Guildford, but getting him out again would surely dent his confidence with the bat even more, as it happened he picked up a wicket which will give him a minor boost in morale. Personally I'd have had a few overs at him, but I can see why they didn't! Either way don't think it matters too much, the test get the end the pitch deserved
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14