The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do India risk Zaheer for Trent Bridge?

+2
reducedwaistline
GSC
6 posters

Go down

Do India risk Zaheer for Trent Bridge? Empty Do India risk Zaheer for Trent Bridge?

Post by GSC Mon 25 Jul 2011, 6:24 pm

With Trent Bridge likely to accomodate swing you feel Zaheer can be India's matchwinner, but should he play and his hammy go again, India could be left with only 3 bowlers again. Beyond that, could India take 20 English wickets without Kahn in the later tests?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Do India risk Zaheer for Trent Bridge? Empty Re: Do India risk Zaheer for Trent Bridge?

Post by Guest Mon 25 Jul 2011, 6:26 pm

i think they have to, trent bridge swings round corners, they will need him, if it was at the other two venues i dont think they would have

Back to top Go down

Do India risk Zaheer for Trent Bridge? Empty Re: Do India risk Zaheer for Trent Bridge?

Post by reducedwaistline Mon 25 Jul 2011, 6:31 pm

No that would be stupid.

India have a tour of Australia at the end of the year, a severely torn hammy could end Zaheer's career

reducedwaistline

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Jul 2011, 6:32 pm

this series is more important cos if india lose by two matches we go no1!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by reducedwaistline Mon 25 Jul 2011, 6:36 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:this series is more important cos if india lose by two matches we go no1!!!!
India have been World number for 20 months now, they also won in England in 2007.

Beating Australia down under is very important to India and for that they need Zaheer

reducedwaistline

Back to top Go down

Post by longhopmerchant Mon 25 Jul 2011, 7:45 pm

Wow Indians worrying about Australia, we're worrying about ourselves at the moment!!

longhopmerchant

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Mon 25 Jul 2011, 7:56 pm

I'm not sure if India will get the chance to risk Zaheer. He'll have to be around 85-90% fit to even play a part, and it's questionable whether he'll even get to that level with just 3 days between tests.

Zaheer was undercooked coming into this test and although he bowled well his body couldn't hold up to the strain of test cricket. I think India might leave him out, let him get up to fitness and then bowl him in the 2 day game to get some overs under his belt before unleashing him on England in the third test.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by longhopmerchant Mon 25 Jul 2011, 8:01 pm

robbo277 wrote:I'm not sure if India will get the chance to risk Zaheer. He'll have to be around 85-90% fit to even play a part, and it's questionable whether he'll even get to that level with just 3 days between tests.

Zaheer was undercooked coming into this test and although he bowled well his body couldn't hold up to the strain of test cricket. I think India might leave him out, let him get up to fitness and then bowl him in the 2 day game to get some overs under his belt before unleashing him on England in the third test.
After reading online that Trent Bridge will offer swing, I'd be pretty sure that India would be willing to rest Zaheer there. Kumar and Sreesanth can both swing the ball, and whilst neither are as good as Zaheer, they can do a job.

longhopmerchant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Jul 2011, 8:32 pm

i doubt they are looking ahead to the australia tour, during this huge tour

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Mon 25 Jul 2011, 8:46 pm

If it is a hamstring, playing him at Trent Bridge is one heck of a risk. It's amazing what they can do these days, but I'll be a bit surprised if he's fit by Friday.

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 26 Jul 2011, 8:28 am

They shouldnt have risked him at lords. To do it again at Trent Bridge would be ridiculous and unfair on the player. Whilst he is a tail ender he wouldnt be allowed a runner either.

They wont be focused on number one status, they will be focussed onw inning games. And they are more likely to win the next test by not playing a half fit player. Theres still two more tests after Trent Bridge.

Im more interested to hear what the situation with Tremlett is, thats actually an open question. Would he be replaced by Finn or the Breadvan?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jul 2011, 10:37 am

i think they will risk him

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down