The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time to cheer on our fellow Europeans

+6
hornbloweroafc
kingraf
Duty281
westisbest
Stella
Steffan
10 posters

Go down

Time to cheer on our fellow Europeans Empty Time to cheer on our fellow Europeans

Post by Steffan Tue 08 Jul 2014, 11:40 am

Just got back from a month away. Had a great time out there and loved cheering on Englands opponents with fellow Englishmen next to me. When Suárez scored the winner it was amazing and I think the whole of Serbia heard me cheer. Back in sunny Wales now for the semi-finals. Is anyone else cheering on our fellow European counterparts or are we hoping for an all South American final just to spice it up a bit? I shall be cheering on Holland and Germany. I hope the Dutch go on to win it infact. They deserve it so far

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Time to cheer on our fellow Europeans Empty Re: Time to cheer on our fellow Europeans

Post by Stella Tue 08 Jul 2014, 12:22 pm

I'm hoping for a Germany - Argentina final. The reasons being, I would love Messi to have a winners medal, so we can stop all these 'he never does it at a world cup' comparisons to Maradona. Secondly, I don't really want Brazil to win it, as we will have the 'homer ref' reasons as to why they won.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Time to cheer on our fellow Europeans Empty Re: Time to cheer on our fellow Europeans

Post by westisbest Tue 08 Jul 2014, 12:31 pm

I've been following Holland from day 1.

Lets go dutch baby.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 08 Jul 2014, 1:18 pm

Family loyalty = Come on Germany!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 08 Jul 2014, 1:21 pm

My great grandfather is Afrikaans, which makes him somewhat Dutch, right? But I put money on Argentina...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Tue 08 Jul 2014, 1:37 pm

I have Germany in the work sweepstake and also put money on Argentina at start of the World Cup.

So put your money on Brazil v Holland Final! Wink
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Tue 08 Jul 2014, 1:46 pm

Stella wrote:I'm hoping for a Germany - Argentina final. The reasons being, I would love Messi to have a winners medal, so we can stop all these 'he never does it at a world cup' comparisons to Maradona. Secondly, I don't really want Brazil to win it, as we will have the 'homer ref' reasons as to why they won.

+1

Don't like Robben the diver (the player is good but his theatrics taint it too much for me - and yes I know it's endemic and not just him and it's an opinion formed at club level not just this last month's dire drop-fest).
Don't like Scolari and now Neymar's gone I don't see the talent in the team as a whole to overcome the Germans.
I think the Germans are the best in there, but it's tradition to not want them to win, right? (although in all honesty, I'd have no problem if they did win they are the best team this year to me)
Do like Messi, he's the best I've seen but not hugely keen on the others around him, but my boss played with Sabella and says he's top drawer.

Straw clutching but Howard Web to ref the final. Come on England...

Just my opinions...

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurt N. Jurqa Tue 08 Jul 2014, 2:19 pm

For the atmosphere alone a Brazil v Argentina final would be off the scale, but I'd personally prefer Netherlands v Germany with LVG turning up at Old Trafford as the World Cup winning manager.

Kurt N. Jurqa

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Tue 08 Jul 2014, 2:49 pm

In order of who I'd like to see win

1- Holland
2- Germany

The other two South American cry babies can feck off.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 09 Jul 2014, 9:33 am

C'mon Germany then!
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Wed 09 Jul 2014, 4:13 pm

Argentina hopefully. Mainly because Messi needs a world cup winners medal for people to consider him the worlds best.
The Germans were amazing last night and if it was to be a Germany v Argentina final, it least we can say we have already anniliated both of them, even not at football!!

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 09 Jul 2014, 11:19 pm

aja424 wrote:least we can say we have already anniliated both of them, even not at football!!
 Headscratch 

What do you mean?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 09 Jul 2014, 11:48 pm

Steffan wrote:
aja424 wrote:least we can say we have already anniliated both of them, even not at football!!
 Headscratch 

What do you mean?

I think he's referencing some wars, Stefan, or maybe pointing to the last Olympics.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 09 Jul 2014, 11:50 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Steffan wrote:
 Headscratch 

What do you mean?

I think he's referencing some wars, Stefan, or maybe pointing to the last Olympics.
Must be Olympics. Since when have England anniliated Gemany or the Argies in wars

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 09 Jul 2014, 11:51 pm

Steffan wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Steffan wrote:
 Headscratch 

What do you mean?

Must be Olympics. Since when have England anniliated Gemany or the Argies in wars

Perhaps he's one of those people who doesn't know the difference between England, Great Britain and the United Kingdom?

Always a chance!

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 10 Jul 2014, 12:01 am

Possibly one of those people who goes around chanting '2 world wars and 1 world cup'

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 10 Jul 2014, 12:10 am

Mmmm, or "Ten German Bombers".

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down