The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCOTTISH CUP FINAL - Dundee Utd vs St Johnstone

2 posters

Go down

SCOTTISH CUP FINAL - Dundee Utd vs St Johnstone Empty SCOTTISH CUP FINAL - Dundee Utd vs St Johnstone

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 17 May 2014 - 11:34

Preview

Dundee Utd are the bookies favourites, they've been brilliant to watch this Season apart from a down spell around December/January, they've scored 4 or more goals in one game more times than anyone else in British Football this Season, their squad is filled with players with great potential, Ryan Gauld is possibly the most well known as he's attracted the attention of Man Utd, Arsenal and even Real Madrid, Andrew Robertson is another, this time last year he was playing in the 4th with Queens Park and after an astute signing from Jackie McNamara, he's been a revelation for Dundee Utd this Season and won the Footballers Yong Player of the Year award...John Souttar is the next one, heavily linked with a move to the Premiership earlier in the Season Souttar rejected advances and signed a new deal with United (like most of the lads)...the other home grown talent who has really impressed me is the man I consider to be the best of the lot, Stuart Armstrong, big, physical, good vision, great passer l, powerful and a great engine, all the attributes needed to be a CM, he's had a stunning season and for me he should have been nominated for Player of the Year, they've also got Nadir Ciftći, this boy has been excellent for United, big, strong, powerful but also has a really fine touch, 17 goals in his debut year has been excellent considering he has been the link up man that has saw 3 of his team mates, Gauld, MacKay-Steven and Armstrong all break the double figure barrier

St Johnstone are a less fashionable side to watch, they do try and keep the ball on the floor but they haven't got the same zest, what they do have though is possibly the best young player in the Country and Scotland's second top goalscorer in Stevie May, he has scored 27 goals this Season, in the last 3 seasons he has hit 19 goals, 25 goals and now 27, this is his first Season playing regular Premiership and he's been sensational

I'd love to see United win the Cup, all their top young players have been a joy to watch this season but having only won 1 in the last 8 games against St Johnstone I can see St Johnstone sneaking this, Stevie May has also scored 5 times against Dundee Utd this Season and the Saints have also won the last 3 fixtures between the two although the first game of the Season did see Utd hammer the Saintees 4-0

Heart says - Dundee Utd 4-2 St Johnstone
Head says - Dundee Utd 1-2 St Johnstone

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

SCOTTISH CUP FINAL - Dundee Utd vs St Johnstone Empty Re: SCOTTISH CUP FINAL - Dundee Utd vs St Johnstone

Post by Pal Joey Sat 17 May 2014 - 15:32

Good atmosphere so far at Celtic Park... quite an even tussle.

I would mind seeing St Johnstone win something big.

I'm into fairytales, Kay.  Smile Best of luck to both teams however.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

SCOTTISH CUP FINAL - Dundee Utd vs St Johnstone Empty Re: SCOTTISH CUP FINAL - Dundee Utd vs St Johnstone

Post by Pal Joey Sat 17 May 2014 - 15:48

Anderson scores!

St Johnstone 1-0... 1m into extra time 1st half.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 17 May 2014 - 16:50

MacLean adds another. Not long to go now.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down