The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The final nail in the coffin of Scottish Rugby

+14
MacKnocked-on
bsando
Effervescing Elephant
123skelm
AlastairW
aucklandlaurie
Glas a du
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
TJ1
thebluesmancometh
RuggerRadge2611
OzT
mystiroakey
tigertattie
18 posters

Go down

The final nail in the coffin of Scottish Rugby Empty The final nail in the coffin of Scottish Rugby

Post by tigertattie Wed 19 Dec 2012, 9:38 am

I have long considered that the demise of Scottish Rugby started with the appointment of the mad ozzie know as Matt Williams. The wasted money that he chucked away by doing stupid things like installing TV's into individual cubicles in the Murrayfield dressing room was scandalous.

I now consider that the demise of Scottish Rugby will be complete with the appointment of Scott Johnson, anotehr mad Ozzie (oh the irony)

It has not yet been officially confirmed by the SRU. But it is now being widely reported thaty Johnson is the new manager. If this really is the case, then ta ta Scotish Rugby. It was nice seeing you for a while
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

The final nail in the coffin of Scottish Rugby Empty Re: The final nail in the coffin of Scottish Rugby

Post by mystiroakey Wed 19 Dec 2012, 9:52 am

Tattie, pucker up.. you can allways supprt curling for abit Very Happy

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

The final nail in the coffin of Scottish Rugby Empty Re: The final nail in the coffin of Scottish Rugby

Post by OzT Wed 19 Dec 2012, 9:52 am

Not quite sure what you're saying there, is the problem there the mad or the ozzie??

Smile

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 19 Dec 2012, 10:06 am

I expect he'll be named interim manager. I hope and pray he is not a long term solution. If he is it is a very lazy appointment.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 19 Dec 2012, 12:00 pm

Well he refuses to sign contracts and only works on his word, so use him and get shot of him like he's done to most clubs he's worked for!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 19 Dec 2012, 12:20 pm

if he does not sign anything then bloomin get him out now.

He will destroy anything that is left in the team and even the liquidators wont find anything useful left to sell.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Wed 19 Dec 2012, 9:12 pm

He is a useless failure. another wooden spoon and another year to be wasted.

His CV is failure upon failure

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 20 Dec 2012, 6:53 am

I'm afraid that's it for me with Scotland rugby - I officially wash my hands until something sensible happens

Braveheart

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 20 Dec 2012, 7:25 am

Johnson could be just he man you need.

On the other hand, history tells us...
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 20 Dec 2012, 7:45 am

Ive never really understood the merits for Scotland with these two Australians. If you have to have someone from this part of the World why not look at a man right under your nose?.. Sean Lineen..

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairW Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:17 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:I'm afraid that's it for me with Scotland rugby - I officially wash my hands until something sensible happens

Braveheart

Ahhh ASBO Crying or Very sad You've always been one of the most level headed posters here. Things must be bad for you to say that.

AlastairW

Location : Moustache twirling, cloak swishing, cackling evil English panto bad guy. The Great Destroyer of the HC.

Back to top Go down

Post by 123skelm Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:30 am

SL would have been my choice at the moment, I know there are issues with how he deals with players minds, however, the Scotland post would maybe make him better than having to deal with the day to day aspects of a club.

I'm sure he would get that wining feeling and commitment back into the players, it wouldn't neccessary be the pretiest Rugby but lots of endeavour would be installed.

123skelm

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:05 am

If it is Johnson I'm not happy. However the man desevres a chance.

I would much rather it was Blackadder or Mallet but they just might not be interested or have not even bothered to apply.

If Johnson comes in, picks the right guys and strings some wins together I would be one of the 1st to eat some humble pie.

Everyone deserves a chance.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:09 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:I'm afraid that's it for me with Scotland rugby - I officially wash my hands until something sensible happens

Braveheart

You'll always have the Chiefs mate. Chief
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:38 am

Well a ray of light for those Scots not happy with the new coach, pinched from the BBC comments section..

"On the plus side, when he leaves a team they always improve...So keep him for a year and Scotland should peak just in time to win the RWC. This is good forward planning."

Smile

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:21 am

I haven't really said anything about SJ in previous Scottish debates as I have always been sort of 50:50 on the matter. But I am actually not unhappy about this decision. He may be considered a bad coach by many but I think he may just be what Scotland needs at the moment. I know many wanted Lineen, but I don't really think he was the right man for the job.

SJ has experience with several countries, and despite his record with these countries, that has to count for something.

Also its on an interim basis and he is being tested on 6N results presumably. So he is essentially being thrown in the deep end which may just bring out the best in him. If we should stoop to 5th or 6th again then he'll no doubt be replaced.

I am happy with this decision, it makes sense.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Thu 20 Dec 2012, 11:00 am

Give the guy a chance for goodness sake, he's only an interim appointment so if the 6N don't go well then we'll be looking for somebody else, we have to give him our support instead of slagging him off.
He's a skills coach so he might actually improve our shortcomings.

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 20 Dec 2012, 11:08 am

Appoint Dan Parks as attack coach. He tells the players what to do and they do the exact opposite. If every instinct Parks had was wrong, then the opposite must be the answer. It worked for George Costanza: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKUvKE3bQlY

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu 20 Dec 2012, 3:15 pm

Bsando and Macknocked - I get the feeling that Johnson is the SRU's man and that's the reason he got picked as Attack coach despite an appalling record - as such (and very sorry for being so negative) I reckon that regardless of Scotlands performance in the 6Ns he'll be given the full time post. If it goes well then SRU will say look at our amazing decision, if not then it'll be "we're on the right path, it'll just take a bit of time..."

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Thu 20 Dec 2012, 3:29 pm

My point is whoever has the job deserves our support at least to begin with. You seem to suggest that if Scotland has a good 6N you would still want rid of Johnson?
How do we know who would be a good Scotland coach until they get a chance? I still think that recent debacles such as Tonga were more the player's fault than Robinson and his coaches.
If we have another poor 6N then, fair enough, look for someone new then, the question is Who?

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Thu 20 Dec 2012, 5:37 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Appoint Dan Parks as attack coach. He tells the players what to do and they do the exact opposite. If every instinct Parks had was wrong, then the opposite must be the answer. It worked for George Costanza: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKUvKE3bQlY

clap Laugh
21st Century Schizoid Man

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Thu 20 Dec 2012, 5:40 pm

Better still Kia make Desperate Dan the defence coach laughing Still would'nt mind DD's kicking expertise tomorrow v Edinburgh !

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 21 Dec 2012, 11:46 am

Joking aside, I'd rather have Parks as a coach than Johnson. The man has shown time and time again that he can destroy the core of a team.

Wonder if McKie will get his bonus this year?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by alive555 Sat 22 Dec 2012, 4:27 am

bonus should be

Ranking improved 1 point = 1 months bonus no pay rise
Ranking improved 2 points = 3 months bonus and small pay rise
Ranking same = no bonus
Ranking down 1 point = no bonus and pay cut 10pc
Ranking down 2 points = no bonus and pay cut 20pc etc etc

Ranking down 4 points = immediate dismissal

As should be :-

Announcing scot Johnson as coach, claiming winning the next wc is the goal then immediately proceeding to fall 50pc in the rankings

Which business do you know where the executives don't carry the can on results ?

alive555

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down