The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Hail King George!

+5
Daz
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Fists of Fury
Michaels, Sean
shenglong1983
9 posters

Go down

All Hail King George! Empty All Hail King George!

Post by shenglong1983 Mon 23 May - 9:00

I was never more happier for a boxer in my life, it actually really made my weekend, seeing George Groves dispatch of James DeGale on Saturday night.

Credit to George (who I said would lose by KO in the 9th) he stuck to his gameplane, listened to the instructions from Booth and burst DeGales ego in the process.

Perhaps DeGale will learn a valuable lesson from this.

Groves seems like a great kid and seems to work very hard, I think I am now officially a George Groves fan.

On a side note, I didnt think Adam Booth has that sort of nouse to put together such a great gameplan, I am one of those that seems to have underestimated him, but after Saturday night my perception has changed.

I was confident that Wladimir Klitshcko could dispose of David Haye on July 2nd, but with what we witnessed on Saturday night I am not so sure now, we just dont know what the Hayemaker Gym will have up their sleeve come fight night!

In the Haye - Klitshcko Ringside Special, Haye got lambasted for not sharing a platform with Wlad, and similarly in the "Through the ropes", DeGale - Groves special, eyebrows were raised when all cameras were turned off for George Groves sparring etc.

It seems to be that the Hayemaker Gym have made plans early on on how they are going to fight each opponent, even outside the ring, and who can dispute or argue with them? It seems Haye, Booth, Groves etc. Place great emphasis on the pychological aspects outside the ring and always have their fighters well tuned for each interview, TV appearance etc.

Makes it an all together more interesting prospect come July 2nd.

But well done England, another star is born.

All hail King George!

Sheng.

shenglong1983

Back to top Go down

All Hail King George! Empty Re: All Hail King George!

Post by Michaels, Sean Mon 23 May - 9:10

Posted a similar thing last week. I said that if George Groves won, it would give Team Hayemaker much more credibility.

I had Groves winning by one. Anyone read the BBC report by Nabil Hussein? I thought it was one of the most one sided reports I've ever read by a 'journalist'. Barely mentioned George Groves.

Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong1983 Mon 23 May - 9:13

Does this change your views on the Klitschko - Haye fight in any way Sean Michaels?

shenglong1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Mon 23 May - 9:17

Not sure. They just looked like they meant business and as I said, the Groves win gives some of their statements more credibility. They're obviously all very close, Booth looked very emotional.

I still think Klitschko is a heavy favourite. Colin Hart is rarely wrong and I heard him again on Talksport saying it will be very comfortable for Wlad.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 23 May - 9:23

Michaels, Sean wrote:Posted a similar thing last week. I said that if George Groves won, it would give Team Hayemaker much more credibility.

I had Groves winning by one. Anyone read the BBC report by Nabil Hussein? I thought it was one of the most one sided reports I've ever read by a 'journalist'. Barely mentioned George Groves.

Disgustingly biased wasn't it, Sean. Awful journalism.

I also had Groves winning by one. Really pleased for him and Team Hayemaker. Loved when Booth told James he would let him off the bet at the end.

Not too sure about things being very comfortable for Wlad, I'm not sure Haye's style is a comfortable nights work for anyone, need to be constantly on your guard against a flurry of power shots, delivered at high speed. Still think Wlad has to be favourite, but don't write Haye off.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong1983 Mon 23 May - 9:28

I was conviced of a DeGale win before the fight, Groves looked like he had no confidence what so ever, and I thought he is going to get bullied around this ring.

If I liken that to the Haye - Klitschko fight, alot of people see Haye as a man lacking the same confidence he usually has, and that he may get bullied around the ring by Klitschko much like Colin Hart has suggested.

I just think Booth is like Roach and would send his fighters into battle without a great gameplan and if he was confident of the victory....

shenglong1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 23 May - 9:58

Have you got a link to the article?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Mon 23 May - 10:12

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/13421458.stm
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 23 May - 10:15

Haha that badly biased

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Mon 23 May - 10:20

shenglong1983 wrote:I was never more happier for a boxer in my life, it actually really made my weekend, seeing George Groves dispatch of James DeGale on Saturday night.

Credit to George (who I said would lose by KO in the 9th) he stuck to his gameplane, listened to the instructions from Booth and burst DeGales ego in the process.

Perhaps DeGale will learn a valuable lesson from this.

Groves seems like a great kid and seems to work very hard, I think I am now officially a George Groves fan.

On a side note, I didnt think Adam Booth has that sort of nouse to put together such a great gameplan, I am one of those that seems to have underestimated him, but after Saturday night my perception has changed.

I was confident that Wladimir Klitshcko could dispose of David Haye on July 2nd, but with what we witnessed on Saturday night I am not so sure now, we just dont know what the Hayemaker Gym will have up their sleeve come fight night!

In the Haye - Klitshcko Ringside Special, Haye got lambasted for not sharing a platform with Wlad, and similarly in the "Through the ropes", DeGale - Groves special, eyebrows were raised when all cameras were turned off for George Groves sparring etc.

It seems to be that the Hayemaker Gym have made plans early on on how they are going to fight each opponent, even outside the ring, and who can dispute or argue with them? It seems Haye, Booth, Groves etc. Place great emphasis on the pychological aspects outside the ring and always have their fighters well tuned for each interview, TV appearance etc.

Makes it an all together more interesting prospect come July 2nd.

But well done England, another star is born.

All hail King George!

Sheng.

Good article Sheng! Agree with all of that thumbsup

And you didnt even mention Ireland once! Whistle

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 23 May - 11:02

The article on Ring is even worst. Mention Groves with cuts, brusies and facial lacerations but dont mention DeGales? He had to have stiches straight after the fight.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 May - 11:10

Colin Hart is rarely wrong and I heard him again on Talksport saying it will be very comfortable for Wlad.
Anyone know who Hart picked for Saturday's fight?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 23 May - 11:11

He is an awful journalist, picks his favourite then is disgustingly bias...

Agree fully Sheng, Groves fought a good fight and although I had Degale by a point I can have no arguments with the results.

Seeing Fish Eyes interview after, that really made my night...

Apparently Degale has acknowledged Groves beat him, but he only nicked it and he cant be "satisfied" with it. So apparently you are not allowed a close fight in boxing these days without being uphappy with the result.

Sour grapes make is all the more enjoyable for us Degale haters thumbsup

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 23 May - 11:12

DAVE667 wrote:Colin Hart is rarely wrong and I heard him again on Talksport saying it will be very comfortable for Wlad.

No but he picked Ali to win the Rumble in the Jungle, thought I'd mention it as Hart is reticent to do so himself.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 23 May - 11:13

Seem to remember Hart picking DeGale when on Ringside, not 100% though.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 23 May - 11:14

DAVE667 wrote:Colin Hart is rarely wrong and I heard him again on Talksport saying it will be very comfortable for Wlad.

I think I remember DeGale badgering him to make him his pick when they were sat next to each other on 'Ringside' a few weeks back. No doubt Hart will reverse that and claim to all and sundry that he had Groves picked from the off.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 23 May - 11:14

Scottrf wrote:Seem to remember Hart picking DeGale when on Ringside, not 100% though.

He did. He even said to Degale he was better than Groves when 'Chunky' asked on another ringside episode.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down