The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KING GEORGE PREVIEW

3 posters

Go down

KING GEORGE PREVIEW Empty KING GEORGE PREVIEW

Post by racingnut Fri 23 Dec 2011 - 19:18

Once again the mid Winter showpiece is almost upon us and this years renewal looks a very up to scratch event.Heres my take on the contenders and outcome.

CAPTAIN CHRIS; Proved himself a very good novice with victories at Cheltenham and Punchestown.His run style suggests that he maybe suited by the three miles around here as he does all his best work in the latter stages,he won the Arkle having looked beaten everywhere apart from the last 200yds.His seasonal debut was a strange affair although he did look the likely winner until Johnson jumped ship after the last.Connections seem upbeat on his claims although the form book says he has plenty too find to get really competitive in this exalted company.
DIAMOND HARRY;High class but ultimately fragile chaser.Good winner of the Hennesy last season but injury spoilt the rest of his campaign.Reappeared in the Betfair and although he has a fantastic record first run back after a long break,he did seem to need it although he may have paid a bit of a price for trying to go with Kauto from some way out.He looks like he will get the good pace he craves but the form he has shown leaves him some way short in this field.
GOLAN WAY;Honest chaser in his own class but this surely is just to give the owner a day out.Won the graduation event at Sandown very nicely,jumping boldly from the front and galloping the rest to a standstill.Similar tactics here will only serve to set the race up for the big boys.he will have other days.
KAUTO STAR;Needs no introduction.A chaser of the absolute highest calibre.Been there,done it,got the t-shirt.Sublime reappearance in the Betfair,where he jumped the field silly.He looked hard fit for that event and the trainer stated that he was as straight as he'd ever been first time out so improvement maybe be thin on the ground.This is his race however and it would be folly to write him off.Must be concerned in the finish.
LONG RUN:The reigning King George and Gold Cup champ.On all the form he showed in winning those two races then he has nothing to fear but his proneness to the odd jumping error resurfaced at Haydock in the Betfair.Connections were quick to point out that this event and Cheltenham are his main targets and Haydock was only a prep,even so it still leaves a little nagging doubt at the back of the mind as errors around this tight track can put you way out your comfort zone.That said he is most certainly the one to beat.
MASTER MINDED;Like his stablemate,he needs no introduction.Multiple Festival winner and a chaser at 2m and slightly further of the absolute top echelon.His best recent form is at distances of around 2m4 and whilst connections are confident of his abilty to stay the extra half mile i just cant see him still having the reserves to go with the principals over the last three in the straight when the chips are down.Placed at best.
NACARAT;Very game,bold jumping,front running chaser.All his best form is around a sharp track, on decent ground at three miles,so conditions look tailor made but theres at least two of this field who wont be out of their depth should he go off like a scolded cat.He will run his usual honest race but a first four finish would be a more than creditable return.
SOMERSBY;Fast becoming a nearly horse,him doesnt seem to have an optimum trip and he cant string two runs together of equitable form.He nearly won the Arkle,he nearly beat Master Minded,he was the first UK trained horse home in last seasons Champion Chase,all good form but all "nearly" form...he is the Youmzain of National Hunt racing.No reason as to why this test against these rivals around this track should suddenly see a major improvement in him.Not for me in any shape or form.

A very,very high quality renewal.Fast pace looks totally assured and the ground should offer no excuses.On the form of two of their three meetings,Long Run has nothing to fear from Kauto Star,although this track at this time of the year is the latters home ground.If his jumping stands up then Long Run has the legs of Kauto,age and less mileage are certainly on his side.It would be a leap of faith and one of sentimentality to row in with Kauto this year.The rest bar Master Minded,who will surely have his stamina stretched to breaking point,are a much of a muchness.
Long Run to maintain his reign as top rated chaser for me.Kauto gives him most to think about.Nacarat to find enough to get placed.
1.LONG RUN
2.KAUTO STAR
3.NACARAT

Hope it lives up to the hype. KING GEORGE PREVIEW 3602195817

racingnut

Back to top Go down

KING GEORGE PREVIEW Empty Re: KING GEORGE PREVIEW

Post by Solerina Fri 23 Dec 2011 - 20:19

Thanks for that, Racing. It might breathe some life into this racing forum again.

I can't wait for Boxing Day's racing......I've been thinking of little else, these last few days.

The King George is what Christmas is all about, lol.

My predictions for the first three places are

1 Kauto
2 Long Run
3 Somersby Very Happy

I'm very hopeful that Binocular will win the Christmas Hurdle, and I'm expecting Grands Crus to win the Feltham.

It's going to be a great day's racing....the most important thing being that they all come home safe and sound.

I'll be here on Boxing Day should anyone want to chat....it's going to be a nerve wracking time....come on Kauto!!

Happy Christmas everyone KING GEORGE PREVIEW 3602195817

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by SetupDeterminesTheMotion Wed 11 Jan 2012 - 9:22

Its time the jocked of Sam Whaley-Cohen on Long Run & get a decent jockey on it.

AP or BarryG would have certainly won both the Betfair & the King George, if they were the jockey of Long Run.
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
SetupDeterminesTheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down