The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At what age will you stop working out?

+3
kingraf
TRUSSMAN66
westisbest
7 posters

Go down

At what age will you stop working out? Empty At what age will you stop working out?

Post by westisbest Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:23 am

Just wondering if people have an age in mind when they will call it a day of going to the gym/exercising.

Or will you just stop when the body cant take any more, older you get less you do maybe?

I'm 37 and plan to exercise for as long as the body will be able.

Would like to be in tip top condition by the time I hit 40.

And actually look after myself better than i have done in my 20's & 30's.

Not actually in that bad shape, but could probably put more effort in. Working out and eating better.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

At what age will you stop working out? Empty Re: At what age will you stop working out?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:28 am

A lot of bodybuilders are in their best shape over 40............Mainly because it takes an awfully long time to realise what works for you......To respect nutrition and because you finally get more sleep when your kids are a bit older.....

Basicly respecting the science once you are through the ego stage..

Unfortunately we had our two years apart.......

I'm 40ish..........and I think I look as good as I ever have.......

It's a learning process..........and with time you waste fewer workouts..........While I'm fit ...I will lift !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

At what age will you stop working out? Empty Re: At what age will you stop working out?

Post by kingraf Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:30 pm

When the joints tell me it's time. Agree on older gym bunnies looking better as they age. Seen a lot of gents looking stripped at 40+
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:09 am

whatever age I die.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:36 pm

Don't think I will ever stop, maybe just tone it down gradually as I get older. Wouldn't like to stop and then seize up completely.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:38 pm

Me too. I will always train, if my body allows it. There are powerlifters in my fed that are around 80.

They still can bench over 80kg and deadlift 170+.

In fact there is a local powerlifter, who used to compete in the fed, that had deadlifted 220kg and he was late 70's.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:29 pm

What a strange article...........Considering there are O.A.Ps in every gym working out I don't see the need for anybody to quit........Only to get smart with their training.....

I don't deadlift anymore......I only Squat for two sets because my back can't take anymore and I train hard on apparatus I know I can train hard on safely.........I look as good as ever I think.........

Listen to your body and adjust to it's demands........

My father is in his 70s he still goes to the gym twice a week....does his pec dec...rowing....... and fast walking on the running machines....

All about positive thinking............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:30 pm

Not really a strange article.
Just wondering what age people on here would stop working out.

Not what everybody in general life.

Some may just think fk it, i cant be bothered, or don't have time etc.
So give up.

As has been said before most will go on as long as they can, which is what i will do.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:31 pm

There is an old saying 'you don't give up training because you get old, you get old because you give up training'.

As Truss says listen to your body and adjust how or what you train or the level you train at. Yoga is a pretty good thing to take up as you get older, low impact and not cardio based, many forms to try.

@Westisbest
What type of training do you do?

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:39 pm

Used to go to the gym sohot.
Moreso things like excersise bike, cross trainer.

Havent been to the gym in over a year.
Gave it up.
Work, becoming a dad, had less time.

Since then, do quite a bit of swimming.
Do mat work, press ups, sit ups, crunches, leg pulls.

Free weights.
Want to start up and do some jogging/running again depending on how my knee holds up.

I enjoy all that.

39 in 2 weeks, so still have time on my side to take up things like mma, which i would like to do, as you know i am a big fan.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:17 pm

Start jabbing testosterone, you will feel young then.

So I have been told. To be fair I have seen 60 year old men look as if they are 20 years younger on the sauce.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:52 pm

AdamT wrote:Start jabbing testosterone, you will feel young then.

So I have been told.
To be fair I have seen 60 year old men look as if they are 20 years younger on the sauce.

Hahahahaha thumbsup

'Just for the record, research purposes etc' how easy is it to testosterone from the Dr in the UK?

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:53 pm

Apparently it is hard. same 60 year old was telling me. Far easier to get some from a doc in the states.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:13 pm

Apparently Australia is starting to prescribe it. I remember a guy saying to me years ago men should be able to get it prescribed when they get older just like women and HRT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:31 pm

westisbest wrote:Used to go to the gym sohot.

Gave it up.

Free weights.
Want to start up and do some jogging/running again depending on how my knee holds up.

I enjoy all that.

39 in 2 weeks, so still have time on my side to take up things like mma, which i would like to do, as you know i am a big fan.

Not a huge fan of running myself although I do go through periods of doing it, I actually find it pretty easy and I can up the distance fairly quickly. Good to throw in some sprint drills, find them much better for CV than distance and losing body fat. 2 bits of advice with regards to you knee. 1st start out running again and at the point your knee begins to hurt stop, next session do the same and in time you will gradually up the distance you can run before the pain starts, eventually the pain may disappear altogether, its probably a ligament or a tendon, I forget which but 2 physio's told me this one of which is a friend. 2nd see a physio.

Go for it with the mma, age means nothing if you are in reasonable shape & fitness, competing aside, just make sure you listen to your body. Also take up a form of yoga such as yin which focuses on the joints and connective tissues, great way to stretch out the muscles. I was 42 when I took up kick boxing, admittedly I do it on a recreational level with a bit of light sparring, I'm not training twice a day 6 days a week, but my fitness & conditioning is good and there are people way younger than me who are not as fit as me. On the other hand there others that are! lol A freind of mine had his first fight at about the age of 35!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:16 am

AdamT wrote:Start jabbing testosterone, you will feel young then.

So I have been told. To be fair I have seen 60 year old men look as if they are 20 years younger on the sauce.

Frank Zane always thought testosterone in regulation after a certain age can be a good thing....

Testosterone drops at a fairly vast rate as you head into your 40s...

Steroids If properly taken need be no more hazardous than drinking alcohol or other drugs.....

All these idiots that get into to trouble taking huge amounts lead to an ignorance about the stuff..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:30 am

I have no experience so can't give a personal opinion.

Use steroids might be fine Truss, but too many idiots abuse these days. Looking a fast gain.

I no chumps on 10-12ml a week of anabolics and barley training a year. That is 3000-4000mg of gear as beginners. WTF!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:33 am

I don't believe anybody takes that much...........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:34 am

Trust me they do.

Pro bodybuilders are on probably double that, then you have insulin and hgh.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:35 am

in fact is probably more like 2000-3000mg. Still a hefty dose.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:58 am

No one can take 3000 mg for long........

To be honest like the affair I had several years ago my occasional testosterone pick me ups are a constant form of guilt I carry with me....Taking trips into the garage after everyone has gone to bed makes me feel like a bad Husband and Father...Should be setting a better example..

Red found some stuff years ago but she thinks those days are over.....

I should know better at my age..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:04 pm

You reach full man hood at 40.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:12 pm

Come on Truss. You most likely USE steroids, and probably have a good physique.

You certainly have knowledge of bodybuilding.

Trust me man. These bodybuilders are just drug addicts these days. They absolutely abuse everything.

Bodybuilding was at it's best 70-80s. The 90's ruined it for me. Whenever they started to abuse the hgh with insulin, you start to get the fridge with limbs look.

Bodybuilding hasn't been natural in decades, but Zane and Arnold etc had a physique people would strive for. These guys could wear suits and look casual, the guys now look like mutants.

Definitley not a fan of modern bodybuilding.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:37 pm

Never took more than 400/500 a week.....

You just don't need 2000/3000....Besides you're looking at £400 a month......It's just dogcrap..

Yates never took that...

They are lying to you mate..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:10 pm

sohotnot wrote:
westisbest wrote:Used to go to the gym sohot.

Gave it up.

Free weights.

I enjoy all that.

Not a huge fan of running myself although I do go through periods of doing it, I actually find it pretty easy and I can up the distance fairly quickly. Good to throw in some sprint drills, find them much better for CV than distance and losing body fat. 2 bits of advice with regards to you knee. 1st start out running again and at the point your knee begins to hurt stop, next session do the same and in time you will gradually up the distance you can run before the pain starts, eventually the pain may disappear altogether, its probably a ligament or a tendon, I forget which but 2 physio's told me this one of which is a friend. 2nd see a physio.

Go for it with the mma, age means nothing if you are in reasonable shape & fitness, competing aside, just make sure you listen to your body. Also take up a form of yoga such as yin which focuses on the joints and connective tissues, great way to stretch out the muscles. I was 42 when I took up kick boxing, admittedly I do it on a recreational level with a bit of light sparring, I'm not training twice a day 6 days a week, but my fitness & conditioning is good and there are people way younger than me who are not as fit as me. On the other hand there others that are! lol A freind of mine had his first fight at about the age of 35!

Cheers sohot.

For some reason, thought you were about 30.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:45 pm

No Truss you are wrong. Dorian is full of sh1t.

Read gh15 getbig. Will open your eyes to bodybuilding.

Y would someone lie about how much they take? If anything they would lie and say they use less.

Genetic respond to gear is important and those that can handle the most without sides, genuinely become the best.

You don't agree that's fine.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:57 am

I've been to a Yates seminar.......He said all these stories are crazy...and pleaded with people not to believe them because they are dangerous..

1993 Olympia cycle
--------------------------

Growth hormone - 8IU
Testosterone - 750
Anavar - 350
DBOL - 500

That's 1550 in bulking agents.....Nowhere near 3000

Primo - 500 .........cutting agent....

Off season he would do less...I guess your mates are off season all the time...

He was the first of the monsters was Dorian...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:00 pm

If you believe him Truss, that is your choice.

I call bullsh1t!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:03 pm

There is no way to prove it, but I reckon Dorian was using using 3 times what he says there.

I have seen people using 500-1000mg of gear and they could hide behind Dorians Leg.

He was about 19 stone ripped at an average height.

A bit of growth and gear will not give them results. Before you mention he was a genteic freak. I agree, he was a freak when it came to how much gear he could handle.

He was wee runt in his skinhead days.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:07 pm

Lee Priest used F-all................

You can only grow so much so quickly............It's silly to assume 3000 works better than 500/1000...

Your body can only grow so fast........It's the mistake bodybuilders make..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:08 pm

Truss you could be right. I haven't used so have no knowledge.

Just going from what I have heard.

Could people using grams be fed under dosed crap??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:42 pm

AdamT wrote:Truss you could be right. I haven't used so have no knowledge.

Just going from what I have heard.

Could people using grams be fed under dosed crap??

Maybe this gives you your answer.

Thoughts Trussman?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60FpzPY0GPg

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:57 pm

Sohot.

Think Trussman has been banned.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:35 am

westisbest wrote:Sohot.

Think Trussman has been banned.

Seriously? Why and how do you know this??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:48 am

Check out the Off Topic section, mass shooting at US college thread.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down