The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Hating" England

+56
Taffineastbourne
stub
Nachos Jones
quinsforever
daidimview
gregortree
Scarpia
offload
whocares
GloriousEmpire
doctor_grey
bedfordwelsh
slartibartfast
Mr Bounce
Hood83
dummy_half
SecretFly
RuggerRadge2611
GLove39
englandglory4ever
Thomond
TrailApe
mckay1402
Cardiff Taffy
RDW
Cowshot
jimmyinthewell68
lostinwales
TJ
Steffan
Barney McGrew did it
The Saint
jelly
Submachine
Tramptastic
GunsGerms
fa0019
Notch
Scrumpy
beshocked
kiakahaaotearoa
Portnoy's Complaint
ChequeredJersey
Geordie
pbuk0
Exiledinborders
Jimpy
No 7&1/2
majesticimperialman
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Biltong
charliehesketh
Scratch
Taylorman
rainbow-warrior
welshy824 (new)
60 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

"Hating" England - Page 7 Empty "Hating" England

Post by welshy824 (new) Wed 05 Mar 2014, 12:55 am

First topic message reminder :

ok firstly, sorry for the title to any English fans, this is not intended to insult England at all (god knows there is too much of that on here anyway). Instead what I wanted to discuss is this whole obsession with other 6N teams hating England as shown in a recent leaked clip from the BBC (although meant in good humour).

This has again become headline news at the BBC with Nowell claiming that Wales hate England (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/26443654 ) and I would really like to dispel this kind of thing. I have recently moved from north wales to Cardiff for university and I found it surprising and disappointing at how my English housemates and new rugby mates viewed the welsh in regards to them hating the English, some of them claiming that since moving to wales they now dislike the welsh rugby team, not because of the team itself (although like any team, there are a few man parts), but instead because of the fans. I have to say I find this opinion very upsetting especially as Wales fans were known for being immensely passionate fans, but not for hating other teams. What is more upsetting for me is the fact that it doesn't in large seem to be true welsh rugby fans but instead the bandwagon fans who think hating England is all part of it.

Yes there is a deep history between our two nations, which has stemmed a rivalry over hundreds of years, however rivalry in rugby terms is not about hate but respect, rugby is about how you give it your all for 80minutes on that pitch and you put your body on the line for your team, but hate should never come into it. I will admit as a youngster I used to dislike England, some of their players attitudes and their style of play, however I have always respected some of their players and their dedication to the sport such as moody, Wilkinson, Robinson etc, and now especially since Lancaster has taken over I have a huge amount of respect for him and his team, turning it round from a frankly disappointing and slightly humiliating world cup, to a core group of individuals who may not be the best in the world, but actually define what rugby is about, being a team! The players under Lancaster show a lot more humility than under Johnson and while some such as Ashton and Farell may appear cocky on the pitch, off the pitch they come across as very modest and respectful young men.

Anyway back to the topic of "hating" England, can I just say to all England fans, I remember hearing somewhere (it may a famous quote from a book, film etc whatever) that a person is judge not on the success of himself but on the success on his enemies, or something similar, and that for me sums up the feelings between us welsh, to you English. Ignoring the history between our countries (of which there is a huge amount and has a massive influence on our rivalry) but instead focussing on England's rugby history, first and so far only NH WC winners, biggest pool of players in the world and there many accolades, and for us, our small country of 3 million people plus all the sheep, to have a good record against our "big" brothers as it can be seen, is an immense achievement.

Anyway to English fans, pob lwc for sunday (although not enough to help you win!! Wink ) and I hope the banter on here after can be less personal!

welshy824 (new)

Back to top Go down

"Hating" England - Page 7 Empty Re: "Hating" England

Post by Scratch Fri 07 Mar 2014, 1:16 am

Perhaps the MODS can explain why some get 72 hrs and some get the full week….loving their consistency as usual.

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 07 Mar 2014, 1:34 am

On topic..

I will say that I never once hated the welsh team and have allways respected there passion and even supported them. But forums like the original 606 for instance certainly makes me almost want to hate them because many have this almost genetic Hatred and will support any other team against England 

However (at risk of being called an oaf) I will say the welsh fans have a long way to go before they measure up to the Scottish hate for our footy team....

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Mar 2014, 1:40 am

mystiroakey wrote:On topic..

I will say that I never once hated the welsh team and have allways respected there passion and even supported them. But forums like the original 606 for instance certainly makes me almost want to hate them because many have this almost genetic Hatred and will support any other team against England 

However (at risk of being called an oaf) I will say the welsh fans have a long way to go before they measure up to the Scottish hate for our footy team....

The thing that bugs me is how somebody can get that wound up by a blatant wum. Particularly on the old 606 where you could create any account and pretend to be whatever nationality you wanted. Being a fake welsh wum would be particularly easy, given that most people tend to foam at the mouth at whatever a "Welsh" person says.

It's a shame that some people will take more pleasure out of England winning Sunday, purely because they think they can get one back on a Welsh wum after (not suggesting you will).

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Fri 07 Mar 2014, 1:43 am

Welsh WUM, it has a nice ring about it.

Fact is if you say almost anything on this site that disputes England's brilliance or NZ's 'diversity' and happen to be a Welsh fan, you're for the Dark Place PDQ.

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 07 Mar 2014, 1:47 am

I doubt any England fan would get any more pleasure due to welsh fans or wums..

I think it would be more to do with the fact we got battered last game..

2 years ago when we lost I wasn't gutted at all. Wales were right up there at the time and we were at the start if the sl era and worked our socks off. But this time we want a win big time.. What ever certain posters tell you we don't get any more pleasure out of beating Wales than any other team. However at the moment due to Wales record v us. It's huge. Just like the next game the welsh play aus or next year when Wales play Ireland and really want to put there thrashing on the back burner..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 07 Mar 2014, 5:00 am

Taffineastbourne wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
Taffineastbourne wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Doing Nothing on 606v2 is offensive.  This site is strictly for wumming and 'stat'ing.

If you want to be a heavy breathing keyholer please go elsewhere.  I see the Recipies Section is in need of some more silent posters.
I reported a tiresome offensive oaf and got banned for it by someone who does not understand our culture.I would certainly not want to moderate an overseas website as I could not grasp the nuances of their culture. Rolling Eyes 

Did you get 72 hours?  Oh I think I remember that one a few days ago.  
Yep.Not sure what I did as the bright spark didn't explain what exactly I had done.Quite disappointed really as I had respect for the bloke previously.There you go!

Taffineastbourne, that kind of attitude is only going to make matters more serious for you, I suggest you change your attitude and posting style to avoid further actions.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Fri 07 Mar 2014, 6:12 am

Didn't realize he mean't you Biltong…..are MODS exempt from criticism?

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 07 Mar 2014, 6:16 am

Scratch wrote:Are MODS exempt from criticism?
I suppose not, however decision are made after careful thought and deliberation of the mod team, it isn't just a willy nilly decision and done on the spur of the moment.

When one receives a ban a persecution complex is not going to solve the problem, but rather an introspective look of self behaviour.

Perhaps if you had more knowledge about what happens behind the scenes you would have a clearer picture of the decision making process and communications involved in making decisions.

Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones Fri 07 Mar 2014, 6:17 am

I think that most of the 'hate' is mainly generated on here as its a faceless forum to communicate on. Personally I have been to every home and away fixture in the 6N over the years and have never experienced any trouble. I liken it to the Lions tour, I was shocked to read the things written on here about the unity of the lions, nothing could have been further from the truth while actually there. It was a great craic and all nations mixed in together and had a great time.

Point is, most people are different when face to face than when they are behind a PC.

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Fri 07 Mar 2014, 8:40 am

Biltong wrote:
Taffineastbourne wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
Taffineastbourne wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Doing Nothing on 606v2 is offensive.  This site is strictly for wumming and 'stat'ing.

If you want to be a heavy breathing keyholer please go elsewhere.  I see the Recipies Section is in need of some more silent posters.
I reported a tiresome offensive oaf and got banned for it by someone who does not understand our culture.I would certainly not want to moderate an overseas website as I could not grasp the nuances of their culture. Rolling Eyes 

Did you get 72 hours?  Oh I think I remember that one a few days ago.  
Yep.Not sure what I did as the bright spark didn't explain what exactly I had done.Quite disappointed really as I had respect for the bloke previously.There you go!

Taffineastbourne, that kind of attitude is only going to make matters more serious for you, I suggest you change your attitude and posting style to avoid further actions.
Bilttong,I still await clarification.All I did was report an offensive posting.Next thing I knew was I had been sent a PM which I could not access as I had been barred!Whoever devised that strategy needs a decode.Bit of a flaw.
Lesson learned.I won't bother reporting offensive posts in future.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Fri 07 Mar 2014, 8:51 am

mystiroakey wrote:Well I am glad you got the ban. Because I got it as well.. just remember mate i didnt report your nasty posts- you reported mine- which then flagged yours up .So basically you got yourself banned!!

And if you wouldn't mind leaving the insults out - just get over it.

First its saddo and to get of the wales v england thread without any provocation.. then its offensive oaf .,.

It doesn't take a rocket science to work out who is being offensive mate..

So shall we just agree that we either think each other is an offensive oaf or not but whatever- lets draw a line under it!

Enjoy the game , I take it you are going!

The board and the sport is bigger than us..

thumbsup
My report to the Mods was where I referred to you as an offensive oaf.This was done in private.Your post was in the public domain.If you cannot see the difference I am genuinely sorry.
Probably best that we ignore each other.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 07 Mar 2014, 8:59 am

Ah the peaceful sound of a lack of hatred in the morning  Rolling Eyes 

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 07 Mar 2014, 9:00 am

Just stop posting offensive stuff and I wont give it back mate.

Prevention is better than the cure.

Try and hold your self to the standards you expect from others.

But if you really can not handle that. Then I suggest you foe me.. There is an option

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Fri 07 Mar 2014, 3:24 pm

With auto completes and other technologies one has to be careful of what one posts these days...remember, a fence is in the eye of the builder.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Fri 07 Mar 2014, 3:37 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Just stop posting offensive stuff and I wont give it back mate.

Prevention is better than the cure.

Try and hold your self to the standards you expect from others.

But if you really can not handle that. Then I suggest you foe me.. There is an option
Ditto.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7