The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

32 teams in 32 days (lol): Houston Texans

5 posters

Go down

32 teams in 32 days (lol): Houston Texans Empty 32 teams in 32 days (lol): Houston Texans

Post by GSC Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:14 pm

Houston Texans
Record:
2-14
Offense Rank: 11th, Points: 31st, Passing: 15th, Rushing: 20th
Defense Rank: 7th, Points: 25th, Passing: 3rd, Rushing: 23rd

Offensive MVP: Andre Johnson
Offensive LVP: Matt Schaub
Defensive MVP: JJ Watt
Defensive LVP: Matt Schaub (DJ Swearinger)

Story of the Season:
The Texans started 2-0. The Texans finished 0-14. Matt Schaub imploded, throwing a succession of pick sixes midseason before being benched for TJ Yates, who promptly threw one of his one. Case Keenum came in late season and played decently, before falling off. Arian Foster started the season injured and ended up on IR. Brian Cushing ended a 2nd straight season with an imploded knee. Pretty much everything that could go wrong did.
At least Watt and Johnson were great.

2014 Outlook:
The Texans got a jump start on their Head Coach search, firing Kubiak midseason and landing their first choice, Bill O'Brien from Penn State, while other teams were firing. Romeo Crennel should ensure little drop off from Wade Phillips. The Texans have pieces on offense and defense going forward, however the first pick must be a QB, as average play has sunk this franchise.

2014 Draft Needs:
The Texans need to use the first pick to find a franchise QB, something this franchise has never had. Offensively they're in decent shape, some more OL help wouldnt go amiss, as would a pass rusher on defense to take some pressure off Watt.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

32 teams in 32 days (lol): Houston Texans Empty Re: 32 teams in 32 days (lol): Houston Texans

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:53 pm

Now you see I'd take Clowney first overall if I was Houston and pick up a QB later. Clowney and Watt is just too big an opportunity to miss IMO and their ain't an stand out Franchise QB in this draft for me
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

32 teams in 32 days (lol): Houston Texans Empty Re: 32 teams in 32 days (lol): Houston Texans

Post by GSC Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:56 pm

The Texans would be stupid to pass on a franchise QB. Beyond stupid.

Besides Clowney has just as many questions around him.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:37 pm

The Texans have been linked with Johnny Manziel and Blake Bortles in the past week or so but I wouldn't be surprised if that was a rouse to try and get another team to trade up with them. If I was Texans GM I would be looking at drafting Jadeveon Clowney to play alongside JJ Watt.

They could still find a capable QB later on possibly Derek Carr, Zach Mettenberger or AJ McCarron.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:40 pm

You have the chance to get a great QB prospect you do it. It's the most important position by a distance. Betcha if the Dolphins had a do over they'd pick Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:43 pm

I mean the Texans had a capable guy in Schaub before he fell off. Remind me what happened when they went into Foxboro? Capable QBs don't win big. 

Also Clowneys some kind of can't miss prospect despite mailing it in. You think a GM is relishing giving that guy a long term deal?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:48 pm

Teddy Bridgewater will turn this franchise around. DeAndre Hopkins and Dennis Johnson are the future with some petty decent transitional players in Andre Johnson and Arian Foster.

Their defense will always be dangerous with JJ Watt but I think they could use some more help at LB and DB. I liked a lot of their draft picks last year. I'm hoping Trevardo Williams and David Queensberry can return from injury and make an impact.

I fancy the Texans to bounce back to .500 next year.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:49 pm

GSC wrote:You have the chance to get a great QB prospect you do it. It's the most important position by a distance. Betcha if the Dolphins had a do over they'd pick Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco

GSC wrote:I mean the Texans had a capable guy in Schaub before he fell off. Remind me what happened when they went into Foxboro? Capable QBs don't win big. 

Also Clowneys some kind of can't miss prospect despite mailing it in. You think a GM is relishing giving that guy a long term deal?

You're confusing me. Do you think the Texans should take Teddy?
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:52 pm

I think the Texans should take a QB first, whom depends on BoBs preference. Trying to make the point that average doesn't cut it at the QB position >_>.

Don't get why you'd pass up on the most important position
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:58 pm

GSC wrote:I think the Texans should take a QB first, whom depends on BoBs preference. Trying to make the point that average doesn't cut it at the QB position >_>.

Don't get why you'd pass up on the most important position

I agree on both accounts.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:57 pm

I am not sure there is a great deal between the top 6 or so QBs in this draft and that the teams at the front of the draft could still get a QB early in the 2nd round.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:01 pm

mikeygnfl wrote:I am not sure there is a great deal between the top 6 or so QBs in this draft and that the teams at the front of the draft could still get a QB early in the 2nd round.

Teddy B , man.

He's been great consensus number 1 pick for so long that people have forgotten how good he is.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:09 pm

We did the same with Luck and Cam. People ended up talking up RG3 and Gabbert just to create intrige
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:48 pm

GSC wrote:We did the same with Luck and Cam. People ended up talking up RG3 and Gabbert just to create intrige

While I understand the point you're making GSC..... please don't mention Robert Griffin III and Gabbert in the same sentence like that again...

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down