The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

32 teams in 32 days: Jacksonville Jaguars

+2
mikeygnfl
GSC
6 posters

Go down

32 teams in 32 days: Jacksonville Jaguars Empty 32 teams in 32 days: Jacksonville Jaguars

Post by GSC Tue 11 Feb 2014, 3:34 pm

Jacksonville Jaguars
Record: 4-12
Offensive Rank: 31st, Points: 32nd, Passing Rank: 22nd, Rushing: 31st
Defensive Rank: 27th, Points: 28th, Passing Rank: 25th, Rushing: 29th

Offensive MVP: Cecil Shorts I suppose
Offensive LVP: Kinda cheap to say Gabbert, lets go with MJD
Defensive MVP: Dwayne Gratz had a nice rookie season
Defensive LVP: Quite a few candidates here.

Story of the Season:
This was always going to be a long term rebuild for new HC Gus Bradley, and so it showed as the talent deficient Jaguars started 0-8, before reeling off wins against teams playing for next season. Blaine Gabbert firmly cemented his position as a major bust, Justin Blackmon is doing his best to join him after more off the field issues earned him a suspension. Eugene Monroe was traded away before hitting FA and his replacement, 2nd overall pick Luke Joeckel, hit IR shortly after. The Jaguars roster resembled an expansion team, and so it turned out.

2014 Outlook:
The Jaguars are likely to be in this position again next season, without a miracle draft class. Finding a QB is top priority, however there are very few positions the Jaguars couldn't use upgrades in.

2014 Draft Needs:
The Jaguars need a franchise QB primarily, and this trumps everything else. If someone jumps them for their QB however, they could move down and acquire more picks
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

32 teams in 32 days: Jacksonville Jaguars Empty Re: 32 teams in 32 days: Jacksonville Jaguars

Post by mikeygnfl Tue 11 Feb 2014, 4:15 pm

Jaguars should retain Chad Henne for another year. Draft more depth. Take best player available - Jadeveon Clowney, Sammy Watkins (if Justin Blackmon doesn't return) and 'Wait for Winston'.

Jameis Winston in 2015 can be their franchise QB and being from FSU would be a huge coup for the Florida based franchise.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

32 teams in 32 days: Jacksonville Jaguars Empty Re: 32 teams in 32 days: Jacksonville Jaguars

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 11 Feb 2014, 4:33 pm

Bradley did a nice job in his first year as a HC

They just need to draft talent and BPA. I wouldn't concentrate on getting that franchise QB unless there is one they can't pass up
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 11 Feb 2014, 4:42 pm

2014, the year nobody drafted a QB in any round
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 11 Feb 2014, 4:43 pm

mikeygnfl wrote:Jaguars should retain Chad Henne for another year. Draft more depth. Take best player available - Jadeveon Clowney, Sammy Watkins (if Justin Blackmon doesn't return) and 'Wait for Winston'.

Jameis Winston in 2015 can be their franchise QB and being from FSU would be a huge coup for the Florida based franchise.

Until they move to London  Whistle 

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Tue 11 Feb 2014, 5:55 pm

Aw come on.... the Jaguars get 4 comments in the first hour and the Redskins get nothing except stupid me in over a day?? Have the Redskins really become that irrelevant??

Jacksonville sucks. They'll suck again next season too except maybe just slightly less than this season. They'll probably still suck in 2015. This team is miles away.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Tue 11 Feb 2014, 6:44 pm

GSC wrote:2014, the year nobody drafted a QB in any round
I am not convinced the Texans or Jaguars will take a QB this high in the draft. Browns, Raiders and Vikings yes.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Tue 11 Feb 2014, 6:48 pm

Until they move to London  :whistle
I went into long detail why this would work on a Bleacher Report article. I suggested the London Jaguars would move to the AFC East and the Miami Dolphins would move to the AFC South which makes sense even if annoying many fans.

Last edited by mikeygnfl on Tue 11 Feb 2014, 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Tue 11 Feb 2014, 6:50 pm

Number-25 wrote:Aw come on.... the Jaguars get 4 comments in the first hour and the Redskins get nothing except stupid me in over a day?? Have the Redskins really become that irrelevant??

Jacksonville sucks. They'll suck again next season too except maybe just slightly less than this season. They'll probably still suck in 2015. This team is miles away.
That's the RG3 trade for you. I forgot the Redskins sucked so bad this year. Whenever I have looked at a mock draft the Rams are in 2nd.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Tue 11 Feb 2014, 7:32 pm

The Jags will be a playoff team by 2015.

Gus Bradley is a fantastic head coach and he has this team going in the right direction already. 4 wins from this compliment of players is nothing short of a miracle. Coaching is the second most important key to success (behind a franchise QB).

I agree with the above that they should be patient with QB and not blow their load this year unless they are really high on a player. BPA is the best strategy for rebuilding franchises, especially when you h e a coach who is fluid an can mould schemes to fit talent.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down