The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow Warriors v Benetton Treviso, 20 December

+8
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
21st Century Schizoid Man
Dorothy_Mantooth
VinceWLB
jimbopip
BigGee
funnyExiledScot
George Carlin
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Benetton Treviso, 20 December Empty Glasgow Warriors v Benetton Treviso, 20 December

Post by George Carlin Mon 16 Dec 2013, 5:27 pm

Glasgow Warriors Glasgow Warriors v Benetton Treviso, 20 December Smilie10 v Benetton Treviso Glasgow Warriors v Benetton Treviso, 20 December Sad_sm10

Friday 20 December 2013, KO 19:35
Scotstoun Stadium, Glasgow

Referee: Claudio Blessano (FIR, 5th competition game)
Assistant Referees: David Changleng, Bob Nevins (both SRU)
Citing Commissioner: John Kirk (SRU)

Not on bloody telly

A. Teams:

I. Glasgow
15. Sean Maitland
14. Tommy Seymour
13. Byron McGuigan
12. Alex Dunbar
11. Niko Matawalu
10. Duncan Weir
9. Chris Cusiter (Captain)

1. Gordon Reid
2. Pat MacArthur
3. Jon Welsh
4. Tim Swinson
5. Tom Ryder
6. Josh Strauss
7. Tyrone Holmes
8. Ryan Wilson

16. Dougie Hall
17. Jerry Yanuyanutawa
18. Moray Low
19. Leone Nakarawa
20. James Eddie
21. Chris Fusaro
22. Henry Pyrgos
23. Finn Russell

Not available due to injury: Gabriel Ascarate (neck), Mark Bennett (foot), Mike Cusack (shoulder), Jonny Gray (ankle), Peter Horne (knee), Al Kellock (arm), Sean Lamont (ankle), Peter Murchie (shoulder) and DTH van der Merwe (head).

II. Treviso
15 Luke McLean
14 Ludovico Nitoglia
13 Christian Loamanu
12 Alberto Sgarbi
11 Angelo Esposito
10 Mat Berquist
9 Edoardo Gori

8 Robert Barbieri
7 Dean Budd
6 Manoa Vosawai
5 Corniel Van Zyl
4 Antonio Pavanello (capitano)
3 Lorenzo Cittadini
2 Leonardo Ghiraldini
1 Alberto De Marchi

16 Franco Sbaraglini
17 Ignacio Fernandez-Rouyet
18 Pedro Di Santo
19 Valerio Bernabò
20 Paul Derbyshire
21 Marco Filippucci 
22 Tobias Botes
23 James Ambrosini

B. Form - head to head

6 Played 6
4 Wins 2
2 Losses 4
0 Draws 0
13 Tries 6
11 Conversions 5
15 Penalties 11
0 Drop Goals 2
132 Points 79
26 Avg. Age 28

C. Form - last season:

Sat 27 Oct 2012, 19:05
Benetton Treviso 13 - 24 Glasgow Warriors

Fri 4 Jan 2013, 19:30
Glasgow Warriors 41 - 7 Benetton Treviso

D. Lexicon:

Alphabetty Spaghetti - D.T.H. van der Merwe, wing
Angel - Gabriel Ascarate, centre
Angela - Jon Welsh, prop
Barry - Byron McGuigan, wing
Big Boab - (see Ginger Tackle Monster, the)
Big Mike - (see Coo, the)
Big Naka - Leone Nakarawa, lock/loosie
Bluto - Josh Strauss, loosie/no.8
Centre, the - (see Lesser Messiah, the)
Coo, the - Michael Cusack, prop
Cooseetah - (see Cus)
Cus - Chris Cusiter, scrum half
DTH - (see Alphabetty Spaghetti)
Flippy - (see Toonie)
Fozzy - Christopher Fusaro, loosie
Furra Lineeeee - Peter Horne, centre
Ginger Tackle Monster, the - Rob Harley, loosie
Guns - Tim Swinson, lock
Henners - Henry Pyrgos, scrum half
Hoggy - Stuart Hogg, full back/wing/centre
Ickle Jon - Jonny Gray, lock
Jedi - James Eddie, loosie
Lesser Messiah, the - Richie Vernon, loosie/no.8
Mark of Nazareth - (see Messiah, the)
Meatball, the - Duncan Weir, fly half
Messiah, the/ - Mark Bennett, centre
Niko - Nikola Matawalu, scrum half
Niko's Mate - Jerry Yanuyanutawa, prop
No Maits - Sean Maitland, wing
Rhubarb - Ruaridh Jackson, fly half
Ruck Inspector, the - Alastair Kellock, lock
Schlong - Sean Lamont, centre/wing
Sherlock - Tyrone Holmes, loosie
Shrek - Gordon Reid, prop
Toonie - Gregor Peter John Townsend MBE, head coach
Wee P - Pat MacArthur, hooker
Weegie from Fiji, the - (see Niko)

Last edited by George Carlin on Thu 19 Dec 2013, 2:25 pm; edited 4 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Benetton Treviso, 20 December Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Benetton Treviso, 20 December

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 16 Dec 2013, 6:08 pm

Surely Glasgow can't contrive to lose this game!!? Surely......

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Benetton Treviso, 20 December Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Benetton Treviso, 20 December

Post by BigGee Mon 16 Dec 2013, 6:27 pm

It should not just be about winning, Treviso are in an even worse state than we are this season so you would hope the result should be there.

Glasgow need some kind of a performance that will put down a marker for the rest of the season. By that I don't mean another chuck it around the park, run it from anywhere game of sevens, like they have tried to play for the last two games. They need to remember how to play structured, disciplined, error free rugby. Do that and be patient and the tries and the confidence will return.

I would like to see Cus and Weir at half back. Niko either on the bench or on the wing. Maybe we should have a look at Jacko at IC, we just can't keep rotating them game by game. Toonie needs to decide who is his first choice and stick with them. For me that would be Weir, I think he still has the potential whereas with Jacko we may already have seen all he has got. He does not look like he is ever going to be the complete playmaker we need in that position.

Cus deserves a run as well, he has played well every time he comes off the bench. Niko is having a bit of second season syndrome and just needs to re-evaluate his game a bit. He is a great player and will come again but it is not working for him or the team in a playmaker role at the moment.

It has got to be about back to basics for Glasgow for a few weeks now. Their season is not over by a long chalk, there is an awful lot left to play for. They must not forget that they are a really good team!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 16 Dec 2013, 7:12 pm

Agree with most of what you say Gee. It can't just be about the result it must also be about the method (performance is not the right word I think because it has connotations of being stylish and stellar).
I still think we gave Cardiff 14 points at their place and could easily have won both games, however that would only have perpetuated the playing at 95% of last season's performances but getting results syndrome.
Toonie needs to step back and pick a fifteen that will put his gameplan into practice and stick with them for as long as possible.
St Sean of Lineen pretty much could be summed up as, "This is us , this is how we play try and beat us".
Once they remember who they really are and stop trying to be all singing all dancing superstars then the results should start going our way.
keep the faith fellow Glaswegians whatever it takes.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Mon 16 Dec 2013, 7:47 pm

Battle of the teams in the poorest form in the league  censored 

Glasgow has to think about resting some players for the 1872, Grant and surely Kellock (which will strenghten the team btw).

Any news on big Mike Cusack? Is he at least back in training?

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Tue 17 Dec 2013, 7:37 am

BigGee wrote: Maybe we should have a look at Jacko at IC, we just can't keep rotating them game by game. Toonie needs to decide who is his first choice and stick with them. For me that would be Weir, I think he still has the potential whereas with Jacko we may already have seen all he has got. He does not look like he is ever going to be the complete playmaker we need in that position.

I agree about picking one Ten and sticking with him.  However both of them are making it hard for the coaching team to do that.  Weir had a chance in Cardiff to make that claim and lets be honest he was absymul.  I do agree though that Weir should play on Friday and hopefully he can hold down the jersey.

For Friday, I would assume Grant and Maitland will be rested.  My team we be, guessing fitness and resting policies a bit would be.

Hogg
Seymour
Bennett
Dunbar
DTH

Weir
Cusiter

Welsh
McArthur
Low
Naka
Swinson
Strauss
Holmes
Wilson

Hall
Jerry
Kalman
Ryder
Eddie
Pygros
Jackson
Ascartae

Although Hogg might be due for a week off, plus he has been pretty rubbish. So Niko might play 15.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 17 Dec 2013, 8:01 am

I've just realised we could have a front row of
Jerry Hall Angela (Angie)
and a Street Fighting Man at no 8.
Of course Toonie's selections have given Schiz his 19th Nervous breakdown.
It's all your fault Dorothy you did Start Me up.
p.s. John Barclay Miss You

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 17 Dec 2013, 8:12 am

On a serious note, I like the look of Dot's fifteen. The only question is, does Toonie play the 15 he wants to put out against the MFL or does he "rest" a couple of them? Personally I would pick my best 15 and hope that they get a good win under their belts to boost confidence [b]and get them used to playing together[b]
Will  angel  be fit for Friday?
How did Richie Vee get on in the centres?
Why did Big Al only manage about 30 minutes on Friday?
When will we see the Mighty Coo again?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Tue 17 Dec 2013, 8:25 am

jimbopip wrote:On a serious note, I like the look of Dot's fifteen. The only question is, does Toonie play the 15 he wants to put out against the MFL or does he "rest" a couple of them? Personally I would pick my best 15 and hope that they get a good win under their belts to boost confidence [b]and get them used to playing together[b]
Will  angel  be fit for Friday?
How did Richie Vee get on in the centres?
Why did Big Al only manage about 30 minutes on Friday?
When will we see the Mighty Coo again?

Not sure what is happening with Cusack, does not seem to be much of an update on him. He is now been out for over a year and with the kind of injury he has had, I would not be suprised if we get an update saying he is retiring. I really hope I am wrong.

Kellock is now not worth his place in the team. Maybe age has caught up with him or he is carrying an injury. Mayve the fact that he has a long term contract and falling down the National pecking order has reduced his intensity levels.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Tue 17 Dec 2013, 9:23 am

jimbopip wrote:I've just realised we could have a front row of
p.s. John Barclay  Miss You

Jimbo - are you Stoned ?

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 17 Dec 2013, 9:41 am

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:
jimbopip wrote:I've just realised we could have a front row of
p.s. John Barclay  Miss You

Jimbo - are you Stoned ?
 Laugh Laugh Very impressed, also your recent reactions to Glasgow's results/ Toonies Muppetishness had me singing Fool To Cry.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 17 Dec 2013, 9:51 am

[quote="Dorothy_Mantooth"I agree about picking one Ten and sticking with him.  However both of them are making it hard for the coaching team to do that.  Weir had a chance in Cardiff to make that claim and lets be honest he was absymul.  I do agree though that Weir should play on Friday and hopefully he can hold down the jersey.[/quote]

I would not have said Weir was abysmal in that game but he did make a couple of stand out howlers that went a long way to costing us the game. I think it trashed his confidence as well as probably 9 times out of 10 he would have nailed the kick to win the home game.

To get that confidence back and it is something I would say that he is not short of normally, he needs to play. I don't think he has ever had a steady run in the position, sometimes due to rotation sometimes due to injury. This dilemma in the backs and how he solves it or not may well end up defining Tonnie as a coach. Every great team needs a playmaker and at the moment we don't have one, we just have 7 headless chickens. Let Weir play a run of games and let him develop and grow, he may make a few mistakes but judge him collectively at the end of the run.

The other overwhelming decision for the coach to make is what to do about Kellock in the pack, who is clearly a passenger at the moment and undoubtedly would not be in the team if he was not the captain. Now I disagreed with an awful lot of what Gatland did in the summer, particularly around the way he treated some of our players, however the one decision I did not disagree with was the one to drop O'Driscoll, who I thought looked shot and was only picked on reputation anyway. However it was a big call to make and took some balls to do it. Great coaches have to make hard choices, no one said it was easy. Time to see what Toonie is made of as well.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 17 Dec 2013, 10:11 am

Time to see what Toonie is made of as well.
50% man 50% Muppet; today but you need to check with Schiz on a regular basis. By closing time on Friday it could be anywhere.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Tue 17 Dec 2013, 10:18 am

BigGee wrote:[quote="Dorothy_Mantooth"I agree about picking one Ten and sticking with him.  However both of them are making it hard for the coaching team to do that.  Weir had a chance in Cardiff to make that claim and lets be honest he was absymul.  I do agree though that Weir should play on Friday and hopefully he can hold down the jersey.

I would not have said Weir was abysmal in that game but he did make a couple of stand out howlers that went a long way to costing us the game. I think it trashed his confidence as well as probably 9 times out of 10 he would have nailed the kick to win the home game.
[/quote]

Ok, maybe abysmal was a bit strong! As you say though he did play a large part in costing us the game and that is these types of performances from both of them that is making it difficult for the coaches to pick one and stick with them.

Agree about it affecting his confidence when kicking last week. Also I would pick him and let him play the next few games. Sadly, Jackson is just not good enough, I think we have seen enough evidence now, to make the call that he is not going to be a top class Ten.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Tue 17 Dec 2013, 12:48 pm

I blew it big time last Friday. I was walking to the game with a guy who has not been there all season, and told him Jackson had been one of our better players this season. Did he ever prove me wrong !

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Wed 18 Dec 2013, 11:54 am

Dorothy_Mantooth wrote:
Not sure what is happening with Cusack, does not seem to be much of an update on him.  He is now been out for over a year and with the kind of injury he has had, I would not be suprised if we get an update saying he is retiring.  I really hope I am wrong.

They said at the end of March last season he was 50-50 to play, i think that was against Munster. Then nothing.

My take on it is they thought he would get away with the injury without requiring surgery, he eventually had the surgery in september. So a massive screw up on Glasgow's part.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 18 Dec 2013, 12:03 pm

VinceWLB wrote:
Dorothy_Mantooth wrote:
Not sure what is happening with Cusack, does not seem to be much of an update on him.  He is now been out for over a year and with the kind of injury he has had, I would not be suprised if we get an update saying he is retiring.  I really hope I am wrong.

They said at the end of March last season he was 50-50 to play, i think that was against Munster. Then nothing.

My take on it is they thought he would get away with the injury without requiring surgery, he eventually had the surgery in september. So a massive screw up on Glasgow's part.

Sometimes thats the way it goes, it not really anyones fault. Surgery is always going to be the last resort as there is no guarentee it will be successful and shoulders are incredibly complicated joints. My mum just had her's immobilised for 12 weeks following minor surgery and she has been told that it will be 6 months before she can even play bowls again. Just imagine the amount of muscle mass and strength someone like Cussack will have lost in that time. It is probably one of the worst injuries for a professional rugby player. Look at the amount of time it took Beattie, Rennie and Cusiter to come back from their's.

Not everyone gets back but hopefully big Mike will. we have missed him!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 18 Dec 2013, 7:05 pm

I fear the worst for Big Mike - just as his SQ deadline was edging into view too.

We cannot honestly expect anything other than the worst after more than a year out. As LeGrandGee mentions above, the muscle mass he must have lost during a period of favouring the joint and rehab means he would take some time to get back to match sharpness even if he could play again. The utter radio silence on his condition does not bode well.

I hope that Bomrys has some spare pennies because I regarded Mike as our first choice tight head after last season and they're always amongst the top 2-3 positions in terms of expense when finding replacements. I can't think of any good SQ candidates (Grant Shiells is a loosehead), so I would settle for Cole, Adriaanse or Malherbe.  Whistle
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Wed 18 Dec 2013, 8:27 pm

Well we should get His Highness, Sean Lineen onto this - after all he signed Mike Cusack so knows what we need to replace him.

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Wed 18 Dec 2013, 8:32 pm

I should add that there is talk on other Warrior forums of the what if category regarding Sean Lineen finishing off the job he started. Dragging over old coals I know but after that amateur and brainless display last Friday the game plan was identical to the previous week v the same opposition. As Einstein reputedly stated - the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. Take note please Townsend.

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 19 Dec 2013, 11:59 am

Team's out...
1. Shrek
2. WeePee
3. Angela
4. Swinson
5. Ryder
6. Bluto
7. Holmes
8. Wilson
9. Cooseater
10. Meatball
11. Niko
12. Dunbar
13. Barry
14 Seymour
15. NoMaits

16. Hall
17. Jerry
18. Low
19. Naka
20 Jedi
21. Fozzie
22. Pyrgos
23. Russell
A pretty solid looking pack. No place for Ruaridh and three scrum halfs in the 23. Two flankers on the bench and no cover for the centres.
You never can tell with Toonie; are Grant, Hogg, Harley and Jackson dropped or being rested for the Slaughter of the Effeminates? Do they know? Does Toonie?
Will he keep 9 & 10 on for 80 minutes or take them off after an hour to keep them fresh for the MFL games? If so that leaves us with no cover in the backs so fingers crossed. Richie Vernon on the bench could cover everything bar the front five, you know.
Still this team should be too strong for Treviso, as long as we don't run out of centres.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 19 Dec 2013, 12:25 pm

jimbopip wrote:Team's out...
1. Shrek
2. WeePee
3. Angela
4. Swinson
5. Ryder
6. Bluto
7. Holmes
8. Wilson
9. Cooseater
10. Meatball
11. Niko
12. Dunbar
13. Barry
14 Seymour
15. NoMaits

16. Hall
17. Jerry
18. Low
19. Naka
20 Jedi
21. Fozzie
22. Pyrgos
23. Russell
A pretty solid looking pack. No place for Ruaridh and three scrum halfs in the 23. Two flankers on the bench and no cover for the centres.
You never can tell with Toonie; are Grant, Hogg, Harley and Jackson dropped or being rested for the Slaughter of the Effeminates? Do they know? Does Toonie?
Will he keep 9 & 10 on for 80 minutes or take them off after an hour to keep them fresh for the MFL games? If so that leaves us with no cover in the backs so fingers crossed. Richie Vernon on the bench could cover everything bar the front five, you know.
Still this team should be too strong for Treviso, as long as we don't run out of centres.

Finn Russel can play in the centre as well as at stand off, he is more likely to get a run out there in fact. Injuries aside, or unless we are winning by a street, I imagine that Weir will play the whole 80 mins. It looks like Niko has been banished out to the wing for a while, with lamont and DTH out that is not necesserily a bad thing and I hope a more steady game from Cus will just help slow things down a bit. He really is the senior player now and needs to set the tone.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 19 Dec 2013, 12:40 pm

LeGrand G is Finn a 12 or 13?
Is DTH injured too?
I am slightly concerned about the centres because Dunbar didn't really do anything, by his own high standards, against the Blouses. Is he really fit, or is he just lacking match fitness?
Although I expect us to win tomorrow it'll be a hard battle, always is against the Italian sides, a Toonie wont want Weir injured in the 75th minute if he's pencilled in for the double header. Ditto Cooseater, which is why Pyrgos is on the bench. Toonie obviously is not looking to move Niko to 9 if it can possibly be avoided. Still we might end up with
9. Niko
10 Pyrgos
12 Meatball
if injuries strike during the latter stages of the match.
Where would the Muppetometer be then?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 19 Dec 2013, 12:43 pm

From the offy:
Not available due to injury: Gabriel Ascarate (neck), Mark Bennett (foot), Mike Cusack (shoulder), Jonny Gray (ankle), Peter Horne (knee), Al Kellock (arm), Sean Lamont (ankle), Peter Murchie (shoulder) and DTH van der Merwe (head).

None of Hoggy, Ginger Boab or Rhubarb on the injury list Headscratch

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by awisepenguin Thu 19 Dec 2013, 3:09 pm

I'm predicting a very tight win by Treviso where Glasgow are much improved but couldn't score or kick penalties.

awisepenguin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 19 Dec 2013, 3:21 pm

Swinson and Ryder together. That's a proper engine room. I also think playing Cusiter and Weir together is the right thing to do, shifting Matawalu onto the wing.

We need Dunbar to find some form at 12 and get that offloading game going. Glasgow just haven't been particularly creative this season.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by awisepenguin Thu 19 Dec 2013, 3:28 pm

It should be glaring that Glasgow's problem is rooted with the beginning of season 2 of GT. Even the pre season game vs Exeter wasn't convincing. They were the cream of Lineen's work and over exceeded expectations. Now they have a hangover with a hammering headache. No try BPs and no creativity. Face it. Glasgow plateaued and are falling uncontrollably to the level of GT which is unknown.

awisepenguin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 19 Dec 2013, 5:43 pm

jimbopip wrote:LeGrand G is Finn a 12 or 13?
Is DTH injured too?
I am slightly concerned about the centres because Dunbar didn't really do anything, by his own high standards, against the Blouses. Is he really fit, or is he just lacking match fitness?
Although I expect us to win tomorrow it'll be a hard battle, always is against the Italian sides, a Toonie wont want Weir injured in the 75th minute if he's pencilled in for the double header. Ditto Cooseater, which is why Pyrgos is on the bench. Toonie obviously is not looking to move Niko to 9 if it can possibly be avoided. Still we might end up with
9. Niko
10 Pyrgos
12 Meatball
if injuries strike during the latter stages of the match.
Where would the Muppetometer be then?

He has played at 12, I think he did on his last sub appearence for Glasgow and Dunbar can play inside or out, so I think there are plenty of permutations in that backline with the subs. i hope it is just lack of match fitness with Dunbar, he did miss a fair few games. You would hope so, you don't become a bad player overnight. This may be the game for everyone to get some confidence back. I am very happy with the half back pairing and can't really see any obvious weaknesses. They just need to play well!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 19 Dec 2013, 5:45 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:From the offy:

A big 12 days coming up, someone had to have a rest!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by awisepenguin Thu 19 Dec 2013, 5:47 pm

BigGee wrote:

Will there soon be 'Not available due to holiday in HM Prison'?

awisepenguin

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuer27 Thu 19 Dec 2013, 5:56 pm

Hogg could do with the game time to try and play himself into some form. He has been gash recently.

Heuer27

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Thu 19 Dec 2013, 6:17 pm

Well no point in Townsend constantly selecting a player (Hogg) who has been gash is there ? This is not an experiment you know !

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Thu 19 Dec 2013, 6:19 pm

awisepenguin wrote:
BigGee wrote:

What have some of them been convicted of an offence in England ? You are obviously not a very wise (or funny) human are you ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuer27 Thu 19 Dec 2013, 6:22 pm

He is not going to find form sitting in the stand. Maitland is a winger and should be playing there with Seymour on the other wing. This is the back three that will start against Ireland barring any further injury so they should be given game time together to gel as a unit. Don't you think?

Heuer27

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Thu 19 Dec 2013, 6:26 pm

No I don't. Hogg has been bloody woeful since recovering from his broken wrist so enough is enough - I wouldn't have played him last week either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuer27 Thu 19 Dec 2013, 6:33 pm

He has been woeful I agree. He is still going to start against Ireland though. From my view, he is attempting to live up to the British Lion, superstar image and trying the miracle kick, pass ,sidestep etc. Might be better giving him a simple game plan and building his confidence. Maitland hasn't exactly been a revelation at 15 himself.

Heuer27

Back to top Go down

Post by awisepenguin Thu 19 Dec 2013, 7:03 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:
awisepenguin wrote:
BigGee wrote:

What have some of them been convicted of an offence in England ?   You are obviously not a very wise (or funny) human are you ?

This is awkward. HM Prisons exist in Scotland, they are just operated by SPS.  Doh  Sorry I don't know as much as you clearly do about prisons...

awisepenguin

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Thu 19 Dec 2013, 7:28 pm

You really are a funny little man aren't you ?

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 19 Dec 2013, 7:52 pm

RDW, who the fecc is this Penguin? All of his comments above seem needlessly provocative and wummish.
Goodness knows Schiz isn't easily riled but even his easy going self seems to have been provoked by this jonnycomelately.
We have a very enjoyable thread here where mince and searing insight go hand in hand, do we need nowits who only want to get attention in their otherwise vacuous existences?
Can you not exile him to the Wendyball pages?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by awisepenguin Thu 19 Dec 2013, 8:01 pm

jimbopip wrote:RDW, who the fecc is this Penguin? All of his comments above seem needlessly provocative and wummish.
Goodness knows Schiz isn't easily riled but even his easy going self seems to have been provoked by this jonnycomelately.
We have a very enjoyable thread here where mince and searing insight go hand in hand, do we need nowits who only want to get attention in their otherwise vacuous existences?
Can you not exile him to the Wendyball pages?

What did I say wrong?

awisepenguin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Dec 2013, 8:48 pm

I thought we did well to ignore his first two comments. Let's continue to do what the rest of 606 fails to do and completely ignore the comments for being intentionally provocative. Watch what I do when he responds to mine (though if he is clever he now will not. Uh-oh double bluff).

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 19 Dec 2013, 9:27 pm

Awisepenguin - if you're not going to contribute positively to this thread, please dont try to wind people up.

Any questions PM me - leave it off this thread.

Thanks

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 20 Dec 2013, 9:20 am

Back to the rugby and hopefully peace over the fesive season. Anyne else think that the injury to the president of the Glasgow Ruck Inspectorate is going to help us? Sadly, I do.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 20 Dec 2013, 9:31 am

George Carlin wrote: and hopefully peace over the fesive season.

What you talking about? The 1872 is under a week away!  boxing 

On that note, we need a thread after tonight's games...  Whistle 

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 20 Dec 2013, 9:37 am

Indeed, GC. Nollaig chridheil agus Bliandhna mhath úr to all Scottish posters on 606 - looking forward to meeting more of you and being reacquainted with those whose company I have already had the pleasure of in 2014.

Glesgae lads, what's the score with the Exe vs Warriors Heino game? You guys coming down? Let me know so that I can get planning

Braveheart Chief

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 20 Dec 2013, 9:46 am

George Carlin wrote:Back to the rugby and hopefully peace over the fesive season. Anyne else think that the injury to the president of the Glasgow Ruck Inspectorate is going to help us? Sadly, I do.

probably quite good timing really as it will spare Toonie from what is probably his major selection dilemma at the moment. By the time he is fit again we will be into the dead HK rubbers and then the international window when we will need him.

I hope he is not finished and finds some form again. he has been a great servant to the club and hopefully will continue to be so. For all that though everyone has to be worth their place in the team.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 20 Dec 2013, 10:10 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Indeed, GC.  Nollaig chridheil agus Bliandhna mhath úr to all Scottish posters on 606 - looking forward to meeting more of you and being reacquainted with those whose company I have already had the pleasure of in 2014.

Glesgae lads, what's the score with the Exe vs Warriors Heino game?  You guys coming down? Let me know so that I can get planning

Braveheart Chief
ASBO, I was all for driving down, even tried to entice MrsPip with the idea of a romantic weekend but she saw through me! However, I will find it hard to justify the expense for a dead match. shame.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 20 Dec 2013, 10:36 am

jimbopip wrote:
AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Indeed, GC.  Nollaig chridheil agus Bliandhna mhath úr to all Scottish posters on 606 - looking forward to meeting more of you and being reacquainted with those whose company I have already had the pleasure of in 2014.

Glesgae lads, what's the score with the Exe vs Warriors Heino game?  You guys coming down? Let me know so that I can get planning

Braveheart Chief
ASBO, I was all for driving down, even tried to entice MrsPip with the idea of a romantic weekend but she saw through me! However, I will find it hard to justify the expense for a dead match. shame.
J-pip, I've got you covered on accommodation, so its really just rail fare (not too bad with advance purchase), match ticket and Ale

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 20 Dec 2013, 10:47 am

ASBO, thanks awfully you've made my day. I'll cogitate and see how the dates work out and if MrsPip can trust me out alone. thumbsup 
p.s. try Googling TrainGains I know you're quite into your fitness, this is Bigson's latest venture and you might find it interesting.
p.p.s. Bigson looks nothing like me by the way a he inherited his musculature from his mother.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 20 Dec 2013, 10:49 am

https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.take1.co.uk%2Ftg.htm&h=HAQELQHgZ
Better still try this link

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next