The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BEST FIGHTS FOR 2014 IF MADE TODAY!!!!!

+12
catchweight
alanqlm
Rodney
SugarWarrior
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
hampo17
Rowley
hazharrison
Lance
88Chris05
mobilemaster8
starview123
16 posters

Go down

BEST FIGHTS FOR 2014 IF MADE TODAY!!!!! Empty BEST FIGHTS FOR 2014 IF MADE TODAY!!!!!

Post by starview123 Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:26 pm

mayweather v ggg
kolev v stevenson
wilder v fury
froch v groves 2
khan v broner

what would be your fights for 2014

starview123

Back to top Go down

BEST FIGHTS FOR 2014 IF MADE TODAY!!!!! Empty Re: BEST FIGHTS FOR 2014 IF MADE TODAY!!!!!

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:34 pm

Mayweather vs Bradley
Kovalev vs Stevenson
Wilder vs Fury
Froch vs Ward
Khan vs Brook
Quigg vs Frampton
Pacquiao vs Danny Garcia

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

BEST FIGHTS FOR 2014 IF MADE TODAY!!!!! Empty Re: BEST FIGHTS FOR 2014 IF MADE TODAY!!!!!

Post by 88Chris05 Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:13 am

Kovalev vs Stevenson, with Ward stepping up to 175 to fight the winner

Brook vs Alexander

Danny Garcia or Matthysse vs Provodnikov

Groves vs Froch II

Golovkin vs Martinez

Rigondeaux vs the winner of Salido-Lomachenko
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:31 am

mayweather vs Bradley

Hopkins vs Stevenson

froch vs groves 2

wlad vs arreola

Garcia vs provodnikov

golovkin vs quillin

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:48 am

Mayweather vs Bradley and Hopkins vs Stevenson would be significant but they'd likely stink, also. Hopkins and Mayweather aren't usually in good fights. Same goes for Wlad and Rigo (although Wlad vs Fury would be hilarious).

How about:

Frampton vs Santa Cruz
Stevenson vs Kovalev
GGG vs Martinez
Provodnikiv vs Rios
Mikey Garcia vs Gamboa
Broner vs Khan
Froch vs Pascal II
Makabu vs Huck
Maidana vs Matthysse

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:02 am

Still want to see Frampton Quigg, as I love a domestic dust up.

Floyd vs GGG, not sure I am bothered with Bradley as don't see it as anything other than a routine Floyd win

Kovalev Stevenson has to happen, two huge punchers, what is not to love. Chris' idea of the winner facing Ward is a belter as well.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:14 am

hazharrison wrote:Mayweather vs Bradley and Hopkins vs Stevenson would be significant but they'd likely stink, also. Hopkins and Mayweather aren't usually in good fights. Same goes for Wlad and Rigo (although Wlad vs Fury would be hilarious).

How about:

Frampton vs Santa Cruz
Stevenson vs Kovalev
GGG vs Martinez
Provodnikiv vs Rios
Mikey Garcia vs Gamboa
Broner vs Khan
Froch vs Pascal II
Makabu vs Huck
Maidana vs Matthysse
I would disagree that Mayweather isn't usually in good fights. Watching Mayeather is superb, the things he can do at his age are fantastic, he rarely gets caught clean, still has all his reflexes and takes every positive his opponent has and uses it against them. He is superb to watch, not sure how anyone can see it differently.

The best fights for me are

Stevenson vs Kovalev
Fury vs Wilder - who's chin will crack first?
Mayweather vs Martinez
GGG vs Ward
Frampton vs Quigg

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:28 am

hampo171 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:Mayweather vs Bradley and Hopkins vs Stevenson would be significant but they'd likely stink, also. Hopkins and Mayweather aren't usually in good fights. Same goes for Wlad and Rigo (although Wlad vs Fury would be hilarious).

How about:

Frampton vs Santa Cruz
Stevenson vs Kovalev
GGG vs Martinez
Provodnikiv vs Rios
Mikey Garcia vs Gamboa
Broner vs Khan
Froch vs Pascal II
Makabu vs Huck
Maidana vs Matthysse
I would disagree that Mayweather isn't usually in good fights. Watching Mayeather is superb, the things he can do at his age are fantastic, he rarely gets caught clean, still has all his reflexes and takes every positive his opponent has and uses it against them. He is superb to watch, not sure how anyone can see it differently.

The best fights for me are

Stevenson vs Kovalev
Fury vs Wilder - who's chin will crack first?
Mayweather vs Martinez
GGG vs Ward
Frampton vs Quigg
He isn't in good fights, though, as good as he might be to watch. I turned the Canelo fight off after about seven rounds.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:30 am

Rowley wrote:Still want to see Frampton Quigg, as I love a domestic dust up.

Floyd vs GGG, not sure I am bothered with Bradley as don't see it as anything other than a routine Floyd win

Kovalev Stevenson has to happen, two huge punchers, what is not to love. Chris' idea of the winner facing Ward is a belter as well.
I promised myself I'd catch Frampton in Belfast this year (before he got too big and disappeared off to the States). Didn't fancy the Parodi fight, though, so passed (flights are dirt cheap from North East).

If he managed to get Quigg in Belfast -- that'd be a must see. I'd be desperate to see that one live.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:38 am

Haz, even though the Parodi fight was a mismatch, I was there and the atmosphere even for that fight was on par with the Martinez fight.

The place was literally shaking.

The support is getting bigger as well, selling out the Odyssey for a fight is a great feat (10k) and there were a brave few people outside trying to buy tickets so I'd say he could fill a bigger venue. Theres talk of Ravenhill Rugby ground.

I live in Belfast but would be more than happy to hit Manchester. Just for the fact that there would probably be about 5/6 thousand Orish travelling over. And us POTATO folk are great craic!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:55 am

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Haz, even though the Parodi fight was a mismatch, I was there and the atmosphere even for that fight was on par with the Martinez fight.

The place was literally shaking.

The support is getting bigger as well, selling out the Odyssey for a fight is a great feat (10k) and there were a brave few people outside trying to buy tickets so I'd say he could fill a bigger venue. Theres talk of Ravenhill Rugby ground.

I live in Belfast but would be more than happy to hit Manchester. Just for the fact that there would probably be about 5/6 thousand Orish travelling over. And us POTATO folk are great craic!!!
I know, I could almost feel the atmosphere through the TV -- was gutted to have missed out.

It's definitely on my bucket list.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarWarrior Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:26 pm

Mayweather v Pacquiao (i know its never going to happen!)
Quigg v Frampton
Froch v Groves 2 or Froch v Chunky
Kovalev v Stephenson
Bradley v Garcia
Murray v Barker
Chisora v Wladimir (think it might be good while it lasted!)

SugarWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:31 pm

As Haz says if Mayweather or Hopkins don't fight again id be pleased. So my picks would be.

Pacquiao v Broner
Khan v Maidana 2
Danny Garcia v JMM
Mikey Garcia v Gamboa
GGG v Froch
Ward v Kovalev
Provodnikiv v Bradley 2

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:12 pm

Rigo v Mares (if he can get by Gonzalez rematch)

Frampton v Mathubela/Kiko (probably be his last fight in Belfast as any other would be too big for the odyssey and would be nice to see him win a world title in Belfast.)... Hopefully followed by a showdown with Quigg late in the year.

Roman Gonzalez v Kazuto Ioka (would for me decide the best of the lower weights and have the winner nailed on top 10 probably top 5 p4p. Although highly doubtful anybody would be showing it on tv here.)

Garcia v Gamboa... (To be honest I'd just like to see Gamboa in a decent fight, 2 interim title fights in a year against B level fighters is thoroughly disappointing for one of the best fighters on the planet)

Matthysse v Provodnikov (guarenteed entertainment.)

Pacquaio v Mayweather (just to end the arguements even though it is a bit late)

Few of the others mentioned like Stevenson v Kovalev, Frochv Groves 2, GGG v Martinez

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:11 pm

Looking ahead to 2048:

BEST FIGHTS FOR 2014 IF MADE TODAY!!!!! 1470050_663126580374774_1740532713_n

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_england Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:48 pm

So many that I'd like to see, I'm going to limit it to a top 5.

Brook v Khan - would like to see Brook tested at world level against Khan as opposed to Alexander, better for British boxing as well. Khan gets a fair bit of criticism, but always in entertaining fights to be fair.

Froch v Groves II - first fight was fight of the year in my opinion. still alot to be resolved. would love Froch to be embarassed by losing the rematch.

Pacquiao v Mayweather - would still love it to happen, even if it's a couple years too late. otherwise people will question whether Mayweather would have beaten him, using it to question his legacy.

Fury v W.Klitschko - be a great build up, interesting to see how Fury deals at top, top level, and watch him go in and try to live up to all the talk.

Broner v Matthysse - be a good fight, and a test for Broner.

mark_england

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:56 pm

Domestically, there's only 3 that really stand out:

Khan vs. Brook. They don't like each other and are both exciting fighters.

Froch vs. Groves II. Needs no introduction.

Frampton vs. Quigg. Unlikely to happen, but would be a good domestic tear-up.

Lower down the pecking order-

Fury vs. Price. I still see this as very much a live fight, which would bring in the crowds.

Groves vs. Degale. This rivalry still has legs, and may possibly hold a PPV with Groves growing reputation in late 2014.

Internationally. Only a few stand outs:

Martinez vs. GGG. To determine the number 1 160lber.

Mayweather vs. Pacquiao. Probably the only fight that appeals to the masses.

Pavauiao vs. Marquez 5. The line has probably be drawn for this one, but if JMM has one last fight in him it might as well be against Pacman.

Stephenson vs. Kovalev. This is gathering pace as probably the number one fight all boxing fans want to see.

Ward vs. Winner of above at 175lbs. Purely to confirm/ prove his status as one of the current P4P kings in boxing.

In addition. It will be good to see the likes of Bradley, Broner, Matthyse, Maidana, Alexander, Khan, Brook & Garcia etc. facing each other in order to secure a prize fight against Mayweather.

If 75% of the above happens, it will be a good year for boxing.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:17 am

Whatever happened to the mini tournament between Garcia, Matthysse etc to see who would face Khan???
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:53 pm

Mayweather vs Bradley (no chance he fights Pac or GGG)
Canelo vs Cotto
GGG vs Froch
Quigg vs Frampton
Matthysse vs Broner
Garcia vs Provodnikov
Lomachenko vs Danny Garcia

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:55 pm

No chance he fights Pac or GG........Because he's a ducker......

Give a guy who doesn't deserve 50/50 a split so muppets like the guy above are happy........

Or fight a big middle when you started at 130!!!!!!!

Duran ducked Michael spinks !!

Bradley vs Broner..............
Manny vs Paulie...............
Murray vs Macklin.........Bad blood between them
Frampton v Quigg

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down