The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Its been and gone, so what 3 fights would you like to see get made now.

+13
3fingers
Valero's Conscience
Seanusarrilius
Marlonz
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Rowley
kingraf
Derbymanc
Mr Bounce
Hammersmith harrier
TRUSSMAN66
AdamT
Rodney
17 posters

Go down

Its been and gone, so what 3 fights would you like to see get made now. Empty Its been and gone, so what 3 fights would you like to see get made now.

Post by Rodney Wed 06 May 2015, 10:37 am

6 years of squabbling and debating was finally put to bed in lets say a "tepid" affair. The enthusiasm of the casual has been severley dampened as they march off back to UFC and the days of "Eubank/Benn" land. So for us who follow the sport which 3 fights will having you champing at the bit again. Domestic/Global or both ?

In no particular order
Nicholas Walters vs Vasyl Lomachenko.
GGG vs Carl "80,000 Wembley Stadium , Conclusive ending, George Groves" Froch
Sergey Kovalev vs Adonis Stevenson

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Its been and gone, so what 3 fights would you like to see get made now. Empty Re: Its been and gone, so what 3 fights would you like to see get made now.

Post by AdamT Wed 06 May 2015, 10:40 am

Great choices.

Also Wilder vs Wlad. Think Wlads days could be numbered and this might actually be a decent fight.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Its been and gone, so what 3 fights would you like to see get made now. Empty Re: Its been and gone, so what 3 fights would you like to see get made now.

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 06 May 2015, 10:41 am

Fury vs Wlad.................Looking forward to do that..........

Think froch will retire............

Have a sneaking suspicion Ward and GGG may be made sooner rather than later..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 06 May 2015, 10:41 am

I'd probably only swap GGG vs Froch for Crawford against Matthysse, on a more purist level maybe Lara against Andrade.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 May 2015, 10:42 am

Khan/Brook (Quigg/Frampton will be a one-sided drubbing)
Ward/Froch (Smith is being used as a whipping boy to tempt Froch back)
Ward vs winner of Kovalev/Stevenson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 06 May 2015, 10:43 am

I'd love to see the following:

Kovalev vs Stevenson as I think it's the biggest fight out there: it's for all the belts and they're both big punchers.

Wilder vs Fury A couple of rounds of knockdown filled heavyweight fun. Yes please!

Huck vs Lebedev rematch. Hopefully this time Lebedev won't leave it to the judges as he got stiffed by them last time.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 May 2015, 10:44 am

Almost forgot...Haye/Wilder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 06 May 2015, 10:45 am

Crawford vs Matthysse is a good one.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 06 May 2015, 10:56 am

If we want Boxing to move on we have to get rid of Wlad...........

Boxing desperately needs more from the heavies in these poor times...

I'll be hoping Fury catches the lump coming in.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 06 May 2015, 10:59 am

One sure fire way to improve boxing is by having a Heavyweight champion who can't throw a jab properly, rather stick with Wlad myself.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 06 May 2015, 11:01 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:One sure fire way to improve boxing is by having a Heavyweight champion who can't throw a jab properly, rather stick with Wlad myself.

You have a mauling faceless stinker............

I'l have 50/50 matches with a guy who'll bring Boxing back to the sports pages..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 06 May 2015, 11:11 am

Does that mean boxing would be better if Mayweather went so we could have some proper 50/50 fights?

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 May 2015, 11:14 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:One sure fire way to improve boxing is by having a Heavyweight champion who can't throw a jab properly, rather stick with Wlad myself.

You have a mauling faceless stinker............

I'l have 50/50 matches with a guy who'll bring Boxing back to the sports pages..
So you'd prefer a champion who goes into every fight with the possibility of being flattened by any old doorman with a pair of gloves and fifteen minutes to spare? How exactly does Fury bring anything like the "glory days" back to the HW division?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 06 May 2015, 11:18 am

Looking at UFc buyrates... thats probably not where the casuals march off too.

Anyway
Golovkin-Alvarez. Sparred twice at big bear, and Canelo reportedly gave him a bloody nose the last time, Chin check of note for Alvarez, but he's a big boy, and if he can get Golovkiin to give up center.. becomes interesting.

Stevenson-Kovalev - In many ways, I think Pac-May is to blame for this fight taking so long. Encouraged ridiculous levels of percolation. Think Stevenson can take it.

Last one is a local battle I actually nearly got tickets for. Mchunu-Makabu. Supreme counter puncher with spite vs the premier destroyer in cruiserweight. WIll be interesting to see if Makabu is no more than a hype job, and whether Mchunu has learnt anything about disarming nuclear power since he got KOed (a few years since the KO, but he has not faced anyone with anywhere near the power since)
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 06 May 2015, 11:41 am

Maidan vs Garcia at Welter could be fun while it lasted

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 06 May 2015, 12:04 pm

A Uchiyama/Miura rematch could be fun, both coming off big knockout victories, Miura's left hand is one hell of a weapon.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 06 May 2015, 12:04 pm

Wlad vs Wilder
Frampton vs Quigg
Kovalev vs Stevenson

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 06 May 2015, 12:49 pm

Groves Degale rematch would also interest me

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 06 May 2015, 1:28 pm

Matthysse vs Crawford, the best two at 140 and a fabulous clash of styles and really is Lucas' last chance to prove hes the best of the best at 140 which he has never quite been able to do. Got the slick boxer who can get into a tear up and the methodical banger.

GGG vs Froch, think it'll be the best clash of styles and is a big key event as well. Froch gets a lossible amazing sawngson and GGG gets the big namei hope he can get.

Cotto vs Canelo, i want this fight as its a real ick em depedning on how you rate them both, but since cottos diva antics I hope Canelo puts a beating on him like ive always felt he would.

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Marlonz Wed 06 May 2015, 3:58 pm

Klitschko vs Fury - After an abortive 18 months, it's now or never for Tyson. Wlad looks to be slowing down some too. Still not sure Fury has what it takes though.

GGG vs Ward - Very intriguing match up and I'd give either guy massive credit for the win.

Thurman vs Khan - Possibly the most exciting fight of all 3. Really could go either way. Though I'd give the hand and footspeed to Khan, Thurman has the better boxing skills and of course the KO power to boot.

Marlonz

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 06 May 2015, 6:48 pm

Kov v Adonis
Brook v Khan
Canelo v Cotto
Walters v Loma
Groves v Degale for a World Title
Fury v Wlad
Wlad v Wilder
Frampton v Quigg
Ward v Kov at LH

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 06 May 2015, 6:59 pm

Kovalev vs Stevenson
Canelo vs Cotto
Maidana vs Khan 2

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Wed 06 May 2015, 7:30 pm

Joshua vs Price

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 06 May 2015, 8:18 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:Kov v Adonis
Brook v Khan
Canelo v Cotto
Walters v Loma
Groves v Degale for a World Title
Fury v Wlad
Wlad v Wilder
Frampton v Quigg
Ward v Kov at LH

Maths not seany's strong point but not a bad list.

I like Crawford matthysse and ggg froch or ggg ward as well as that lot.

Some good fights out there, here's hoping some happen.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 06 May 2015, 10:18 pm

Brook vs Khan
Cotto vs Alvarez
Stevenson vs Kovalev

Shout out to Wilder/Wlad vs Fury....the sooner that lump gets taken out the better.....and it won't be long hopefully!!! Yay!!!!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 06 May 2015, 10:44 pm

Groves vs DeGale, Frampton vs Rigo, Brook vs Khan. 3 fights that shoots each winner into the top tier of their division and the sport as a whole
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 06 May 2015, 10:59 pm

Frampton v Donaire
Providnikov v Khan
Mathysse v Maidana

Would make your bollix tingle

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down