The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peter Fury: Talks Haye/Booth, Wilder And His Life Story

4 posters

Go down

Peter Fury: Talks Haye/Booth, Wilder And His Life Story  Empty Peter Fury: Talks Haye/Booth, Wilder And His Life Story

Post by Strongback Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:26 pm

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YjqTMvCWRks&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DYjqTMvCWRks

Peter Fury once again gives a great interview, there are few boxing people better to listen to.

He talks about the disappointment of the Haye pull out but suggests the reason for the first postponement was Vitali made a statement he wanted one more fight and that was Haye.  Peter says Haye/Booth were looking at what was on offer to fight Vitali while under contract to fight Tyson.   Peter said some of Haye/Booth's deceptions were amateur hour stuff they were so transparent. Peter talks a lot about the need for respect and there is a glint in his eye when he says Haye and Booth are like two angels with wings on their back compared to some of the people he knows and some of the things he's done.

Peter talks about his solicitor proposing clauses for the Haye fight contract just to see how Haye/Booth would react.  Ultimately Peter says the lack of communication from Haye/Booth when it was clear the fight was on the rocks was disappointing and not how people should treat each other.

I was a bit surprised to see Peter appear to take Goldenboys comment that Tyson was afraid to fight Wilder very personally.  It seemed to bother him more than the dislike he might have for Haye/Booth.  It hurt his fighting pride.

The last segment of the video is kind of fascinating, a bit uncomfortable while also uplifting as Peter talks about the good and bad aspects of his background.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Peter Fury: Talks Haye/Booth, Wilder And His Life Story  Empty Re: Peter Fury: Talks Haye/Booth, Wilder And His Life Story

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:54 pm

He is right about Haye/Booth both terrible professionals.

Sly little rat snakes them 2.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Peter Fury: Talks Haye/Booth, Wilder And His Life Story  Empty Re: Peter Fury: Talks Haye/Booth, Wilder And His Life Story

Post by jimdig Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:54 pm

He says a number of times he likes both booth and haye in spite of it all. I found that suprising, but it also reaffirmed my opinion that Peter fury is a man of integrity, and isn't willing to cast away his first impressions. Illuminating interview overall. Thanks for sharing.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:30 pm

jimdig wrote:He says a number of times he likes both booth and haye in spite of it all. I found that suprising, but it also reaffirmed my opinion that Peter fury is a man of integrity, and isn't willing to cast away his first impressions. Illuminating interview overall. Thanks for sharing.

He does also say Haye and Booth were very unprofessional. Peter does seem very pragmatic though, not the type to cry over spilt milk. I was surprised when he said he is 45 y.o. I thought he was in his 50's. Come across as wise for his years.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:55 pm

Nice bloke, Always liked him and I think beyond the pantomime Fury is as well, and while Fury is still improving and growing I still rate him as a heavyweight threat.

I think Haye and Booth are all about business, simple as that. The Ks wont be around long particularly VK so they know if there is a sniff of a fight with them they need to grab it asap... and Fury could be given a challenge for the title after in their eyes and make another bucket load with that fight still.

If Haye retires I will be surprised.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down